As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

google is fucking your database in the ass

SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
several google search results have an extra ' at the end which is resulting in some very fucked up DB queries. I noticed this last night when I was looking for front page posts dealing with the bench.

I guess what I am saying is Google is causing some sql injection problems for the site.

fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
Slungsolow on

• DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited May 2005
    I think google is generally having a hard time right now. Any search I've done takes forever.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Forum or mainsite?

Älphämönkëy on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    Forum or mainsite?

main site.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • budecbudec Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Not to be an ass or anything, but techinally your code should be verifying and checking it's inputs. Nothing is stoping goggle.com from returning "goatcx.com" or urls with "'" in them.

The googles, they do nothing.

budec on
    ninjasig.jpg
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    budec wrote:
    Not to be an ass or anything, but techinally your code should be verifying and checking it's inputs. Nothing is stoping goggle.com from returning "goatcx.com" or urls with "'" in them.

The googles, they do nothing.
    I know. I didn't write that code.

Älphämönkëy on
    edited May 2005
    actually all he needs to do is escape the single quotes from the query string.... but that can be a pain in the butt if he is currently rewriting the main site.

Slungsolow on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    Man escaping quotes is out dated.

Prepared statements.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Does anyone really click on those things anyway?

I think I may have clicked on one, ever.

They would do better to just sell regular ad slots at a fraction of the cost.

Jasconius on
    edited May 2005
    Orthanc wrote:
    Man escaping quotes is out dated.

Prepared statements.

that would be a permanant fix. I am under the impression that the main site is getting rewritten along with the forum.

Slungsolow on