As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shaving problems

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Jumping into this topic way late and completely off the current topic, I have to ask.

Does anyone else just give up shaving their neck with a razor? I have tried for years, but anytime I do I get ridiculous red bumps from like ingrown hair which turn into lovely bumps that look like zits.

My face is fine, I shave against the grain to get a super smooth feeling every time and it's never a problem. With my neck I have to use a god damn electric razor because it doesn't cut the hair as close and doesn't give me those huge red bumps. Pretty awesome too since right after I shave my neck it still feels all sharp and nasty.

Anyone know how to cure this annoying dilemma other than not having such sensitive skin?

I have the same problem. I switched to a wet/dry electric razor (the Norelco one with the spooge shooter) and have a lot better luck with my neck. The trick is not to let it get too long and not to go back and forth too much or too fast. If it gets too long I trim it down with a beard trimmer (no guard) first and then I use my Norelco in the shower. Also, even though you are using electric an aftershave lotion of some sort will still help with irritation.

If you are using a dry electric I recommend this for a closer shave:

22151_FULL.jpg

It makes the hair stand on end so it cuts closer and easier.

Hmm. I'm going to try this.

sarukun on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    sarukun wrote: »
    Machismo wrote: »
    Machismo wrote: »
    Hell, is Latina a term even used for Hispanics outside of the US?

Yes.

That is why I brought it up.

Oh well then. It is the term that is preferred by most Hispanics that I know. It is not a generalization since I specified San Antonio, and the term Latina instead of Hispanic tends to include a reference to the subculture as well.

The word you are looking for is "chola".

"Latina" doesn't refer to a subculture because it is not a subculture. It is the word that people who speak spanish use to identify themselves.

Thats the funny thing about words. It tends to hold different meaning for different people and locations.

Chola in San Antonio, particularly among the people I know refers to the counterpart to a Cholo. Gang members and shit.

Latina refers to a Hispanic female that holds tightly to her heritage (not necessarily language, except for common statements, terms, and expletives). In San Antono, part of that identity is the heavy makeup.
    Most Hispanics I know remember their heritage, but don't try to identify with it by dress, makeup, or fashion.
    Besides, you go to a department store at North Star Mall on the North side and go to one on the southside, you will see a world of difference in men/women's fashion and in women's makeup.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bijl wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    I don't think nuclear weapons were the only WMDs they were talking about.

I seriously doubt some of these civilian-casualty numbers as well.

And so the US had several hundred thousand protestors? OK. I don't give a crap about the foreign protestors; it's not their government, it's ours.
    Foreigners may have nothing to do with what your government does in the US, but if they American government decides to invade another country, which will influence the countries those people live in (immigrants that fled from Iraq, tension between muslims and non-muslims), they have every right to disagree with it and to protest. And if the U.S. government would have listened to the U.N. countries, things probably wouldn't have worked out like they did.

Oh come on. Who listens to the UN ever?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    oh hi, i'm back.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I hate shaving so much

I usually put it off for a while though and then that makes it worse

Lemming on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Jumping into this topic way late and completely off the current topic, I have to ask.

Does anyone else just give up shaving their neck with a razor? I have tried for years, but anytime I do I get ridiculous red bumps from like ingrown hair which turn into lovely bumps that look like zits.

My face is fine, I shave against the grain to get a super smooth feeling every time and it's never a problem. With my neck I have to use a god damn electric razor because it doesn't cut the hair as close and doesn't give me those huge red bumps. Pretty awesome too since right after I shave my neck it still feels all sharp and nasty.

Anyone know how to cure this annoying dilemma other than not having such sensitive skin?

I have the same problem. I switched to a wet/dry electric razor (the Norelco one with the spooge shooter) and have a lot better luck with my neck. The trick is not to let it get too long and not to go back and forth too much or too fast. If it gets too long I trim it down with a beard trimmer (no guard) first and then I use my Norelco in the shower. Also, even though you are using electric an aftershave lotion of some sort will still help with irritation.

If you are using a dry electric I recommend this for a closer shave:

22151_FULL.jpg

It makes the hair stand on end so it cuts closer and easier.

Hmm. I'm going to try this.

Likewise, thanks for the heads up.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Callius wrote: »
    oh hi, i'm back.
    You go shave your balls?

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    oh hi, i'm back.

Missed you, hun.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    oh hi, i'm back.

Missed you, hun.

Smooches.

Nah, I was talking with some dude I worked with and eating really delicious honey.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I get that. I just use Aloe and Vitamin E immediately afterwards, and shave slowly and carefully, and it hasn't happened since.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I shave my balls. Because I'm a considerate person. Ladies don't need to floss during sexual relations. Gotta have aloe aftershave gel though before you try that. Razor burn != good.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My lady would kill me if I shaved my testicles.

Seems she doesn't want anything to do with genitals that look like a ten year old's.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have never seen shaved testicles, come to think of it

Janson on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I shave my balls. Because I'm a considerate person. Ladies don't need to floss during sexual relations. Gotta have aloe aftershave gel though before you try that. Razor burn != good.

If you're of even semi-normal girth, then the average girl is very unlikely to make it all the way down to your pubes. She'll just hang around in the top 4-5 inches. Deep-throating, while awesome, is tough for chicks to do, and is not the norm.

Of course, if your peen is super small, then it wouldn't be much of a feat to get it all in her mouth down to the pubic region.

EDIT: Or, I suppose, your peen is normal but your pubic hair mane is the size of a lions. In which case... gross.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    picture two decent-sized flesh colored wrinkly meatballs

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    I have never seen shaved testicles, come to think of it
    If you'd like we can correct this.

just sayin'..

.... wanna see my balls?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Before.
    Rambutan_Fruit.jpg

After.
    800px-Lychee.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    misbehavin wrote: »

If you're of even semi-normal girth, then the average girl is very unlikely to make it all the way down to your pubes. She'll just hang around in the top 4-5 inches. Deep-throating, while awesome, is tough for chicks to do, and is not the norm.

Of course, if your peen is super small, then it wouldn't be much of a feat to get it all in her mouth down to the pubic region.

EDIT: Or, I suppose, your peen is normal but your pubic hair mane is the size of a lions. In which case... gross.

Ahem... some girls do lick, or massage with their lips/tongue the entire length as well as the balls themselves. I wish to add, that this is awesome. So much so that just thinking about it makes me glad that I'm sitting down.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The after picture's color is about right if it has never been done before.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Oh man, are those leches?

leechee

liechiesy?

Lee-Chee

Leche

Lechi

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lychee!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They're tasty nutsacks.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    There's a place near my house that sells lynchie martinis and they're delicious.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Y'know, or you have a girl that uses tongue.
    I shave the shaft too, y'know, the extra inches of visual length.
    Plus it feels sexy, y'know. Smooth.

So don't imply that I have a small peen please. I don't think you have a need to try and get into a masculinity contest with me. There are more than enough fine ladeez for the two of us.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I shave because it's awesome.

You guys are way overanalyzing the shaving of your balls.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

Someone else posted this a while back in another thread, but it works too well not to repost it here.

Bunta on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Is alopecia contagious?

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Bunta wrote: »
    http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

Someone else posted this a while back in another thread, but it works too well not to repost it here.

That website rules for two reasons:
    -Funny as hell.
    -Product works like a dream come true.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I used a flowbee once

ONCE

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Y'know, or you have a girl that uses tongue.
    I shave the shaft too, y'know, the extra inches of visual length.
    Plus it feels sexy, y'know. Smooth.

So don't imply that I have a small peen please. I don't think you have a need to try and get into a masculinity contest with me. There are more than enough fine ladeez for the two of us.

No masculinity contest intended, I just dont want to shave my testicles. My testicles are very anti-razor. Just kinda their thing.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    What is a flowbee?

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    OH! THE SUCK-CUT!

It certainly does suck.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My only shaving problem is, I always get irritation in the same spot: Right side of my neck.

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I can't push this enough: Aftershave gel. Even the cheap CVS stuff does wonders to prevent irritation. Smells pretty good too or so I've been told.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I can't push this enough: Aftershave gel. Even the cheap CVS stuff does wonders to prevent irritation. Smells pretty good too or so I've been told.

Any specific brand you'd recommend?

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have tried every tip and trick in the book and still get razor burn

of course the underwear tends to aggravate the skin there anyway

Janson on
  • Options
    AWIYAWIY Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

This also has worked for me.

Razor burn has been banished. Which is good because it was not fun.

AWIY on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

That is god's way of punishing your hubris.

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    revolve wrote: »

That is god's way of punishing your hubris.

So a woman walks into a forum and says "forumers, it irritates me when I wear underwear"
    And the forumers say "Well then stop wearing underwear."

TankHammer on
  • Options
    BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Thats what you get for still wearing tighty-whiteys.

Bunta on