As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A man was looking at me urinate.

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    "Blacks segregate themselves"

Wow

There are so many approaches to this

Black history month
    NAACP
    The 'multi cultural' club.(Which wouldn't admit me)

Shall I go on?

I hope not, as those are the only ones I could think of.

Jesus fuck.

Well I guess all white people are fucking evil racist devils, then, because they have country clubs that don't admit non-WASPs, and the KKK, and whatever Aryan Nation or other hate groups you want to name, and blah blah blah what's wrong with this argument? What's wrong is that I just blamed an entire race for the actions of some people who happen to be that race.

Every race contains racist people. But you have somehow decided that because there are black, racist institutions...that now all blacks are racist segregationists.

Defender on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't think either side is presenting very good arguments. Although Defender, as usual, gets bonus angry points.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Defender, there are black colleges (that admit white students) that were formed when blacks weren't allowed to go to school.

CAN'T YOU SEE THAT BLACK COLLEGES ARE RACIST?!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited March 2007

Wow

Black history month
    NAACP

Shall I go on?

The Aryan Brotherhood
    Hitler Youth
    The Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
    Every country club in America.
    The South

Need I go on?

Edit: Goddamnit, Defender and Callius, you're so much better at calling people on their bullshit then I am. D:

No, you're doing pretty well, you used a lot of the same examples I did. I'd be a bit wary of using "every country club" or "the entire south" though, since those are actually unfair and inaccurate generalizations.

Defender on
  • Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Callius wrote: »

Wow

Black history month
    NAACP

Shall I go on?

Every other month is White history month.

The NAACP has done an INSANE AMOUNT to bring about civil rights. They were formed when black people weren't allowed to have mortgages.

And of course your fucking racist ass wouldn't be allowed in a multi-cultural club.

God, I also hope your parents get eye-cancer for doing such a shit job raising you.

The NAACP no longer fights for equal rights. Blacks have equal rights, that's all there is to it. They can get the same job I have, go to the same restraunt. The NAACP is pointless anymore.

PS. Not racist, I think everyone should be treated the same, where blacks are not(asians to a lesser extent too).

Spectral Swallow on
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Seriously, all the black dudes I have met are pretty much a cross section of the rest of the population. Mosty dicks with a few fucking awesome dudes. Not much difference, but maybe that's because I have lived in areas with an astronomically high percentage of white people.

Holy shit the comment above mine

holy shit

Homeless on
    edited March 2007
    Defender, there are black colleges (that admit white students) that were formed when blacks weren't allowed to go to school.

CAN'T YOU SEE THAT BLACK COLLEGES ARE RACIST?!

Stuff like the NAACP is racist, though. Change "colored" to "white" in that name and it's indisputably unacceptable. You can say it's just to level the playing field, but helping people out based on race is racist. The thing that bothers me is the extension of this behavior to ALL black people.

Defender on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Wow

Black history month
    NAACP

Shall I go on?

Every other month is White history month.

The NAACP has done an INSANE AMOUNT to bring about civil rights. They were formed when black people weren't allowed to have mortgages.

And of course your fucking racist ass wouldn't be allowed in a multi-cultural club.

God, I also hope your parents get eye-cancer for doing such a shit job raising you.

The NAACP no longer fights for equal rights. Blacks have equal rights, that's all there is to it. They can get the same job I have, go to the same restraunt. The NAACP is pointless anymore.

PS. Not racist, I think everyone should be treated the same, where blacks are not(them fuckin' orientals to a lesser extent too).

Say what you want to, we all know already anyway.

Metzger Meister on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So every year in high school, we'd have this state student congress thing where students from all over the state would all write bills and resolutions and form commitees and debate them and use parlimentary procedure and all that shit. And to get ready for it, our debate team would have our own student congress beforehand, like a practice student congress (A practice fake congress, I guess) and before we started the serious shit where we take ourselves seriously, we would have a silly session for a few days (So I guess a warm-up practice fake congress). The bottom line is, it was an excuse for us to right very formally worded bills and resolutions about absurd shit.

And one year, I wrote a bill mandating that all men's rooms either have an odd number of urinals or have partitions dividing them. That was pretty great.

I think that anecdote may have been better if it hadn't required three times as much backstory as there was story.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited March 2007

They have, according to the letter of the law, MORE than equal rights. However, the law's imbalance is there to counteract the lingering racism in the existing power structure. That racism does exist and is very real.

Defender on
    edited March 2007
    Framling wrote: »
    So every year in high school, we'd have this state student congress thing where students from all over the state would all write bills and resolutions and form commitees and debate them and use parlimentary procedure and all that shit. And to get ready for it, our debate team would have our own student congress beforehand, like a practice student congress (A practice fake congress, I guess) and before we started the serious shit where we take ourselves seriously, we would have a silly session for a few days (So I guess a warm-up practice fake congress). The bottom line is, it was an excuse for us to right very formally worded bills and resolutions about absurd shit.

And one year, I wrote a bill mandating that all men's rooms either have an odd number of urinals or have partitions dividing them. That was pretty great.

I think that anecdote may have been better if it hadn't required three times as much backstory as there was story.

Don't you hate that?

Sometimes I'll type up like a three-paragraph story and then be like "wait, the payoff for this isn't worth the setup" and then not post it. Abortions.

Defender on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I once told a story about hunting at a party filled with people who'd never even seen a gun, much less fired one.

It was... awkward.

Edit: This was a crowd of emo hipster college kids, btw. Step Sister Jeannie's birthday thing.

Metzger Meister on
    edited March 2007

They have, according to the letter of the law, MORE than equal rights. However, the law's imbalance is there to counteract the lingering racism in the existing power structure. That racism does exist and is very real.

I think back to when Bill Cosby made his remarks a few months back and how everyone was all upset. Except for the fact that he was dead on. He was called a racist too, but he was just speaking common sense.

Spectral Swallow on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys, if we fight real hard and prove our worth, maybe the next president of the United States could be a white guy.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007

I think back to when Bill Cosby made his remarks a few months back and how everyone was all upset. Except for the fact that he was dead on. He was called a racist too, but he was just speaking common sense.

Are you talking about the speech where he blamed all of modern society's woes on Pokemon? Because that was fucking stupid.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    Guys, if we fight real hard and prove our worth, maybe the next president of the United States could be a white guy.

I'd have no problem with a black president as long as he wasn't an idiot(problem we have now) there was one guy last year who was running who I would have easily voted for, but for the life of me I can't remember his name.

Spectral Swallow on
    edited March 2007

I recall Bill Cosby saying that black people should not call themselves by racist terms and make efforts to tie themselves to ghetto culture. His reasoning was that these things are not good, and attaching them to yourself and acting proud of that shitty culture only makes it easier to be racist against you. His whole argument was that being an uneducated criminal and calling yourself by The N Word (apparently we can NEVER say that word here) is not good.

That's very different from being racist.

Defender on
    edited March 2007
    Also, I'd like to state, just for the record: the white man is the devil, and I am fully aware that this implicates me as being the devil. I have made peace with this.

That is all.

Metzger Meister on
  • JenniferJennifer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

It was not just a couple of months ago. He is still saying stuff in his routine. He is actually doing shows. My mom and dad saw him, not to long ago, I think.

Jennifer on
    edited March 2007
    George Carlin is coming to Reno, and Bill Cosby just left, I think. I'm not getting to see either, and I am a sad panda.

Metzger Meister on
    edited March 2007
    I saw George Carlin a year or two ago and he still has it. It's like watching your grandfather do comedy about fucking your grandmother and shitting in people's cornflakes. It was awesome.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    You... Your grandpa didn't do that?

Metzger Meister on
    edited March 2007
    isnt bill cosby dead?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • J. GrantJ. Grant Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I just really hate those goddamn japs.

J. Grant on
    edited March 2007
    Really though, who doesn't? Fucking bastards pretty much single-handedly created sloppy cosplay and weeaboos.

Also, J. Grant, can I just pick your book up at any ol' place, or do I have to go through Amazon?

Metzger Meister on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wonder if obama ill be president

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    well who else is it going to be.. a woman? ha ha ha

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    well who else is it going to be.. a woman? ha ha ha

She can be secretary of getting us donuts and making coffee.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    well I think america is sick of royal presidential families and obama is a fresh face blah blah blah

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh man, I feel bad for laughing.

JJ on
    edited March 2007
    Really though, who doesn't? Fucking bastards pretty much single-handedly created sloppy cosplay and weeaboos.

Also, J. Grant, can I just pick your book up at any ol' place, or do I have to go through Amazon?

It's being approved for brick and mortar stores, which is a goddamned hassle and a half that I've never understood (they'll sell it immediately on the B&N SITE, but they have to get it approved for the STORES). Borders should have it in their database by now, but you may have to order it.

Personally? I strongly advise Amazon. For one thing, they have the best shipping price.

J. Grant on
    edited March 2007
    J. Grant wrote: »

It's being approved for brick and mortar stores, which is a goddamned hassle and a half that I've never understood (they'll sell it immediately on the B&N SITE, but they have to get it approved for the STORES). Borders should have it in their database by now, but you may have to order it.

Personally? I strongly advise Amazon. For one thing, they have the best shipping price.

argle bargle vanity press

(i don't even know what vanity press is i just think the writer's block argument was awesome)

Homeless on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So the furry was in my house last night. Does this deserve its own thread again? The first one went rather well.

Cogliostro on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Framling wrote: »

Don't you hate that?

Sometimes I'll type up like a three-paragraph story and then be like "wait, the payoff for this isn't worth the setup" and then not post it. Abortions.

One day i was relating some anecdote to Jordyn and halfway through, I realized there was no payoff, so, mid-sentences, I just said "You know what, I just realized this story doesn't go anywhere," and stopped.

It wound up being pretty funny.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited March 2007
    Furry thread. I demand it. I found a bunch of furry emoticons, and they need use, goddamnit.

Edit:http://www.tomorrowsnobody.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=22 This video is good, and pertinent to an earlier topic of conversation. Also, probably NSFW.

Metzger Meister on
    edited March 2007
    goddammit not another one

Homeless on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, he's in a d20 Modern campaign that I'm participating in. His unhealthy fascinating with cat-people was unknown to one of the other players, and this other player created a feline Moreau. It was all me and the GM could do to not bust out laughing. Oh man.

Cogliostro on
    edited March 2007
    Homeless wrote: »
    argle bargle vanity press

(i don't even know what vanity press is i just think the writer's block argument was awesome)

I'll shed some light on it for you:

If you write a shit book that nobody wants to publish, you can always go to a Vanity Press and have it printed yourself. Literally hundreds of thousands of people do this every year. It's also the equivalent of throwing away your book - only a handful of self-published novels have made it big, whereas millions of them have sold fewer than twenty copies. Part of the problem is that most bookstores WILL NOT carry self-published work without ample cause to do so.

And it IS tempting to self-pub. Anyone who's had to deal with the infuriating process of selling a manuscript will tell you that it's always a temptation to chuck the whole fucking thing and just self-pub. But if you ignore that temptation, keep submitting and working at it, the rewards are much better - financially AND emotionally.

It should be noted that accusing a legit author of being a Vanity Press Hack is the equivalent of walking up to a black man and screaming "N****r." If someone were to do so to my face, I'd probably try to choke the fucking life out of them with my bare hands.

J. Grant on
    edited March 2007
    Why thank you J. Grant.

Now I have learned something today.

I'm hoping for a career in music so I am weighing the options of selling my soul (and copyright!) to a big label or just self publishing or going with a small indie label but I dunno. It really depends on where I want to go.

Homeless on
    edited March 2007
    And now you know!

J. Grant on