As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] New PAXSite.com update is up!

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited April 2009 in PAX Archive
www.paxsite.com

That's all. :)

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Great lineup so far, Metroid Metal kicks ass.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yay JoCo and Anamanguchi!

You really should put the link to TTGCompass in the hotel section. I bet there are a lot of non-forum attendees that are wondering about hotels.

chibidani on
    We are now gluten, dairy and corn free gamers!
    glutenfreegamer.blogspot.com
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was hoping Paul and Storm would be added on, they are so great!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oops, for some reason the hotel page didn't get updated. Fixed!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Haha, sweet, the hotel thread here was linked on the hotel page.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey Khoo.

I found me a ' error.
    After listening to your feedback, we realized that calling 7 individual hotels to check availability was less than ideal, so this year weÕve partnered with an outside service that consolidates all of them into an online system. For nostalgia, however, you may still call up the hotels and ask for the PAX rate.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is pretty awesome indeed, but I'm just really hoping that the OneUps show up on that list sometime. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was hoping Paul and Storm would be added on, they are so great!

I can't wait until we get thousands of people yelling ARRRR during The Captain's Wife's Lament. That is going to be awesome.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    True Story: first time I ever heard JoCo was at PAX08.

Fact: PAX makes your life a richer, more fulfilling experience.

Good lineup.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Paul and Storm! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Psychoish on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey Robert, my friends and I submitted vendor registration but haven't heard anything back yet. I don't know if you know anything about registration, but could you at least point me in the right direction?

Just over 5 months and counting! Whoo!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Excited Arrrrrr!

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    WTB The Advantage.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Woot! I've heard good things about Paul and Storm, can't wait to see 'em in action!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    TheRodersAbidesTheRodersAbides Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Haven't the Minibosses been at every PAX? Any chance they'll be announced later on? They were friggin awesome last year!

TheRodersAbides on
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    This is pretty awesome indeed, but I'm just really hoping that the OneUps show up on that list sometime. :D

From what I've heard, they're not. Kotaku mentioned twice that they weren't chosen to return, which they seemed cool with. Plus, they're down the road from me, so I can watch them whenever, but it still begs the question, Khoo : WHY???!!!! Kotaku made it seem like you guys turned them down for a return this year. If that is true, for what reason was that decision made? They are a really high caliber band!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    MushroomsMushrooms Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I Love Paul and Storm... I really hope I can get into the concert though. Is it really as hard to get into them as people on the board here make it sound?

Mushrooms on
    All shalt feel the wrath of the all-mighty POINTY KITTY OF DOOOOOM!!
    purrrrrrrrrrrrr*snuggle*
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mushrooms wrote: »
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I Love Paul and Storm... I really hope I can get into the concert though. Is it really as hard to get into them as people on the board here make it sound?

To get in? Frack no. To actually see the stage? Frack yes. The cameras--Technology-Gods bless the crew--can only get in so much. If you are short (like me), you see arms and back of folks' heads and a glimmering crack of light from the stage.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

To get in? Frack no. To actually see the stage? Frack yes. The cameras--Technology-Gods bless the crew--can only get in so much. If you are short (like me), you see arms and back of folks' heads and a glimmering crack of light from the stage.

Or you can chill at the side, or near the back. Not up close and personal, but you can see everything, and the sound is just fine.

Though, it can be hard to get the wristbands if you're not an early riser and into waiting in line.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Or you can chill at the side, or near the back. Not up close and personal, but you can see everything, and the sound is just fine.

Though, it can be hard to get the wristbands if you're not an early riser and into waiting in line.

Or...like how it was last year...they were passing out the wristbands right before The Boyfriend and I walked into the waiting room.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

THis year we're going to fix this.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    This year we're going to fix this.

All of you who are working on that = Saints.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This year we're going to fix this.

All of you who are working on that = Saints.

Agreed, whatever it is you guys are scheming, I'm sure we'll like it. I personally would like to see some slightly elevated areas of some sort (no higher then the sound booth of course) up around the back of the room, so if people have camcorders/tripods, it would be easy to setup in a position that would be high enough to see over all the people, yet not be in the way of anything.
    MJPM wrote: »
    Coldbrew wrote: »

From what I've heard, they're not. Kotaku mentioned twice that they weren't chosen to return, which they seemed cool with. Plus, they're down the road from me, so I can watch them whenever, but it still begs the question, Khoo : WHY???!!!! Kotaku made it seem like you guys turned them down for a return this year. If that is true, for what reason was that decision made? They are a really high caliber band!

Bumping the question in the hopes that Khoo has the answer. In my eyes it's just not a PAX concert without the OneUps. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.