As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THIS THREAD INVOLVES [CHAT]ING

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I like where this is going.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    I wonder just what it is about me that brings across the idea that I'm a likely an unusually politically liberal and bisexual Mormon.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It never came across me that you would be political

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    its the beard, i think.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You don't actually come across as any of those things, I'm just trying desperately to be near you, Bacon.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Damn it, ND, How am I supposed to show that this thing is a zombie too?!

by doing the thriller dance?
    cyzombpanda.gif

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And we have a winner!

Nappuccino on

• Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's close to midnight and zombie-cyborg panda's lurking in the dark.

I like it.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You should all go to my thread right now, I'm serving cake.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not finding very reassuring the idea that apparently any future marriage I might be part of will likely be founded entirely on other people getting carried away with their own social misinterpretations, like some I'm a character in a P.D. Wodehouse story or something.

I will never forgive you for this

and your application to be a fake British person is revoked

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just checking to see if there was anyone left that actually reads my posts in full before responding to them. Congratulations on that, troubles with that issue lately you know.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Damn it, ND, How am I supposed to show that this thing is a zombie too?!

by doing the thriller dance?

cyzombpanda.gif

I don't think there's any point in me doing this now

Bravo, sir

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    radd-a-dad.

so, i'm typing this post through a "photoshop has just crashed window"

pissed off I'm going to have to redo the junk I was just working on for class.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    radd-a-dad.

so, i'm typing this post through a "photoshop has just crashed window"

pissed off I'm going to have to redo the junk I was just working on for class.

Well at least you did a fantastic zombie panda cyborg, sir. I salute you.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    thanks. i'm glad my priorities show. Now like the spoiled sport that I am, I'm going to take a nap instead of redoing the maybe 20 minutes worth of work for school.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nnnnggggh! A cop just called, who is apparently a friend of my boss, for the time being. He was asking questions for clarification about what happened, when it happened, who the cops were, what they looked like, ect.

There are parts of these laws that I understand, and support, and others that are difficult to comprehend in the severity of their consequences. I understand the bulk of them, what they mean, and why they are in place, but there are others which I don't agree with. And the consequences of breaking those particular laws seem outrageous to me, especially since they can be committed very, very easily, and often times unknowingly. All it takes is a moment, or two of negligence. A brief absence of common sense. And by then its already too late. They treat it the same as if you had knowingly, and voluntarily provided a minor with alcohol. And then the effects just fucking snowball!

Looking back on it, not only did they not bring in the "minor" in question, nor provide any evidence that he/she was an actual minor, but I never once saw a badge. That might not mean anything technically, and probably doesn't, but in retrospect they basically came in, like, "hey, we're cops. You did this. No, we saw you. It happened because we say we saw you, and we're cops."

Everything about this is becoming more, and more confusing...

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rise Against are awesome and I have no idea why I've never heard of them before.

Also, I really hope those are entrails and not rotting panda wang.
    :^:

Flay on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    uncle buck, that's a lame predicament you're in.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah. Yeah, it is.

But its just one of many major fuck ups I've made in life. I'll just have to take it as it is, deal with it, and then add it to the ever expanding list.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Aw shit buck... :( I wish there was something more than just offer support, but man, that sucks.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    what's maximum penalty, some hard time and a hell of a fine?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I love when people give me delicious catered sandwiches, these things are amazing

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    what's maximum penalty, some hard time and a hell of a fine?

I'm assuming that you're joking here, but just in case...no. That would be outrageous.

Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    depends on your location, in Florida, you can do two months in jail for it.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I thought that the laws concerning alcohol here in New England were as strict, and unnecessary as they got.

Apparently Massachusetts isn't quite as uptight as it gets. At least as far as the old Puritan influenced laws are concerned.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man Buck that sucks, I wouldn't even classify that as a major fuckup (in terms of your actions) but just a fucked up situation you're caught up in. I'm sure I've sold lots of shit to people that simply looked older then they really were. I would have to wonder what rights you have since your being accused of a crime more or less it would seem natural that your accuser or your "victim" should be known to you. Otherwise your right, its basically they said it so you must have done it which is bull.

Veritas on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm hungry

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm hungry

I'll send you some of these delicious Korean meatballs. They really are the dog's bollocks.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The whole thing is ridiculous, and blown way out of proportion. I feel so left in the dark about it too. There's a lot of shit I wasn't told, or made aware of that's compounding the situation even further.

At this point I'm thinking that I would have been better off being unemployed, and struggling to find a job elsewhere, rather than landing the one I did. I just don't want to be here, in this situation, right now.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    so no time in jail, and no fine, am i correct? what consequences are you looking at?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll send you some of these delicious Korean meatballs. They really are the dog's bollocks.

This really is a fantastic double entendre here, it must be said.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yup you're the type of guy that needs to be put away for a long time......pfft, the whole thing is fucking ridiculous. I mean really, do the cops have so little to do that they have to run a sting operation on the local liquor store. I personally would request to see the undercover cop in questions identification, something about this whole thing smells a bit fishy. Are cops allowed to use minors in stings? It just doesn't sound like a completely legal operation.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

This really is a fantastic double entendre here, it must be said.

Can't take credit for it. It's Hugh Dennis' joke.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    In that case, I apologize to everyone else at home, for making a misinformed comment that had implied I thought Tam had said something clever once in his life; a claim obviously premature and roundly false.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    Yup you're the type of guy that needs to be put away for a long time......pfft, the whole thing is fucking ridiculous. I mean really, do the cops have so little to do that they have to run a sting operation on the local liquor store. I personally would request to see the undercover cop in questions identification, something about this whole thing smells a bit fishy. Are cops allowed to use minors in stings? It just doesn't sound like a completely legal operation.

Is posing as a minor the equivalent to being a minor? If that's how they view it then i could see how they could see it that way. Or, if the kid was 18 and on the force (which... could be possible) then yeah, he'd be underage.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    In that case, I apologize to everyone else at home, for making a misinformed comment that had implied I thought Tam had said something clever once in his life; a claim obviously premature and roundly false.

30vch9f.jpg

Tam on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i think i hate illustrator

mully on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Is posing as a minor the equivalent to being a minor?

Surely that couldn't be right. You could send an 80 year old man into buy liquor with baggy pants and a backwards baseball cap, and then nail the attendant for not ID'ing him because he was "posing as a minor."

Of course I am assuming that baggy pants and backwards baseballs caps are still what the teens are into.

Mustang on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mully wrote: »
    i think i hate illustrator

We have so much in common.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I haven't used it enough to hate it yet, but the seed of hatred is in there somewhere.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.