As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

adult entertainment

• Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    slacktron wrote:
    futility wrote:
    i've never seen golden tee in an arcade. i think it was designed exclusively for drunks

It's designed for idiots actually. I hate the game. Golf is a great game, on an occation its ok on a console or pc. Its not supposed to be an arcade game. besides, they want too much $ for a single play.

Which was my point precisely.

Sure, when you're sober you have no business even looking at the demo screen of a game like Golden Tee, but after a few drinks you start wondering, "I wonder how challenging that game could be? How does it play?"

Sure enough, a few pints later and you catch yourself glancing at the controls, imagining how they would fit in your hands.

Another couple of pints and there you are, inserting your coin for a go of it.

The next morning is hell. You wake up, thinking "I can't believe I played Golden Tee." And your friends have written BALLS in permanent marker on your forehead.

Such are the dangers of booze and video games. Be warned!

Thats funny as hell, and yet... so true.

My point was that there are idiots that actually think thats fun or something. "Whee! i can use this trackball and pretend i can play golf and be cool!!" www.groundkontrol.com (portland oregon arcade) is likely going to serve booze. Im wondering how that will go down, and if anyone is likely to throw up on a machine or something. It also has a staircase. booze, and big spiral starcase. Anyhow. Yea it will be fun watching people get drunk and "try" to play videogames.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I'm down. Rock bottom is cool, and the Taphouse is right next door. They have something like 160 beers on tap, but it's crowded on the weekends.

Doc on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    slacktron wrote:
    futility wrote:
    i've never seen golden tee in an arcade. i think it was designed exclusively for drunks

It's designed for idiots actually. I hate the game. Golf is a great game, on an occation its ok on a console or pc. Its not supposed to be an arcade game. besides, they want too much $ for a single play.

Which was my point precisely.

Sure, when you're sober you have no business even looking at the demo screen of a game like Golden Tee, but after a few drinks you start wondering, "I wonder how challenging that game could be? How does it play?"

Sure enough, a few pints later and you catch yourself glancing at the controls, imagining how they would fit in your hands.

Another couple of pints and there you are, inserting your coin for a go of it.

The next morning is hell. You wake up, thinking "I can't believe I played Golden Tee." And your friends have written BALLS in permanent marker on your forehead.

Such are the dangers of booze and video games. Be warned!

Thats funny as hell, and yet... so true.

My point was that there are idiots that actually think thats fun or something. "Whee! i can use this trackball and pretend i can play golf and be cool!!" www.groundkontrol.com (portland oregon arcade) is likely going to serve booze. Im wondering how that will go down, and if anyone is likely to throw up on a machine or something. It also has a staircase. booze, and big spiral starcase. Anyhow. Yea it will be fun watching people get drunk and "try" to play videogames.

Gameworks arcades have bars.

Doc on
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2005
    Finding Strippers who like video games. Done.
    Finding Strippers who really like video games enough to take off a weekend nights off. Not impossible.

graizur on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    This year I will have to give my phone number to people so we can find everybody when we get split up for whatever reason.
    No, not to you.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    This year I will have to give my phone number to people so we can find everybody when we get split up for whatever reason.
    No, not to you.

:D

Shade on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2005
    No, not to you.

hey baby what's shakin'

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Did you not notice my second sentance there, people

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited May 2005

Oh, I thought you were talking to Borface.

Viscountalpha, I've been to groundkontrol and it is the promised land. They are opening up a bar? Now it is the promised land with manna from heaven.

The only Gameworks in Washington is 7th and Pike in Seattle, so that sounds like a caravan with at least one poor shlub playing the role of designated driver.

Can't we just roll a keg into an arcade somewhere? What has Belleview got in terms of coin-op entertainment?

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    LincolnLincoln Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    eekers FD wrote:
    something about borfase

hey baby what's shakin'

Lincoln on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    graizur wrote:
    Finding Strippers who like video games. Done.
    Finding Strippers who really like video games enough to take off a weekend nights off. Not impossible.

A weekend you will never forget?

Priceless!!

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I wanna sing some karaoke.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited May 2005
    Me & Geek are gonna sing ebony and ivory

And then we'll fuck like twenty tims in a barn

Knob on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    Knob wrote:

Where will you find twenty Tims?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited May 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Knob wrote:

Tim is a pretty common name

We should be able round up enough by just driving around elementary schools on a van

Knob on
  • Options
    uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    The Geek wrote:

My info got stuck at the bottom of the first page
    uc4life wrote:
    The best karaoke in Seattle that I've found is at a place called Bush Gardens. It is a Japanese resteraunt/Sushi bar/Karaoke bar located just south of downtown in the International District. The karaoke may not have all the brand new songs that other places do but the atmosphere is the best and the drinks are strong. I used to live a block away at Uwajimaya and I couldn't count how many nights that I stumbled home after singing my lungs out.

uc4life on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Knob wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Knob wrote:

Tim is a pretty common name

We should be able round up enough by just driving around elementary schools on a van

:shock:

Shade on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    uc4life wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

uc4life wrote:
    The best karaoke in Seattle that I've found is at a place called Bush Gardens. It is a Japanese resteraunt/Sushi bar/Karaoke bar located just south of downtown in the International District. The karaoke may not have all the brand new songs that other places do but the atmosphere is the best and the drinks are strong. I used to live a block away at Uwajimaya and I couldn't count how many nights that I stumbled home after singing my lungs out.

My post was actually in response to this.

I think I'll have to bust out some Sinatra.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    The Geek wrote:
    uc4life wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

uc4life wrote:

My post was actually in response to this.

I think I'll have to bust out some Sinatra.

And now, the end is near;
    And so I face the final curtain.
    My friend, I’ll say it clear,
    I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain.

I’ve lived a life that’s full.
    I’ve traveled each and ev’ry highway;
    And more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
    But then again, too few to mention.
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
    Each careful step along the byway,
    But more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew.
    But through it all, when there was doubt,
    I ate it up and spit it out.
    I faced it all and I stood tall;
    And did it my way.

I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried.
    I’ve had my fill; my share of losing.
    And now, as tears subside,
    I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
    And may I say - not in a shy way,
    No, oh no not me,
    I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught.
    To say the things he truly feels;
    And not the words of one who kneels.
    The record shows I took the blows -
    And did it my way!

uc4life on
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    slacktron wrote:

Oh, I thought you were talking to Borface.

Viscountalpha, I've been to groundkontrol and it is the promised land. They are opening up a bar? Now it is the promised land with manna from heaven.

The only Gameworks in Washington is 7th and Pike in Seattle, so that sounds like a caravan with at least one poor shlub playing the role of designated driver.

Can't we just roll a keg into an arcade somewhere? What has Belleview got in terms of coin-op entertainment?

Hey.

it's Bellevue, god damnit.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    The old Lanwerx next to the Maydenbauer center closed down, so Bellevue no longer has a LAN shop or arcade gaming downtown. However, quick busrided from the transit center, right next to the Maydenbauer center, will drop you off 1 block from Gameworks in Seattle. No designated drivers needed. Just the cost of a cheap bus ticket.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Gameworks sucks. Dirty old broken game and overpriced beer arent my idea of fun.

uc4life on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    uc4life wrote:
    Gameworks sucks. Dirty old broken game and overpriced beer arent my idea of fun.

I agree...

But I still need to fly around in that flight simulator thing they have again. That thing was awesome. :|

Last time I went, they didn't have anyone to run it, so I couldn't go in it.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    uc4life wrote:

I agree...

But I still need to fly around in that flight simulator thing they have again. That thing was awesome. :|

they never do :(

uc4life on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    uc4life wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    uc4life wrote:

I agree...

Fuckers.

I played it three or four times last time I was here(probably 5 or so years ago) and it was awesome. I was very happy that they had it there even...

Though, they still have about half the games that they had there then as well...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    uc4life wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    uc4life wrote:

I agree...

Fuckers.

I played it three or four times last time I was here(probably 5 or so years ago) and it was awesome. I was very happy that they had it there even...

Though, they still have about half the games that they had there then as well...

Hey, I just noticed you are in kirkland. I just got back from lunch in kirkland at Santorini (sp?) the greek place on 85th, I love the gyros so much.

uc4life on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    I will no longer have the small studio 2 blocks from the Maydenbauer center when PAX hits.

I will now my very own, much much larger 1 bedroom with fireplace and balcony directly across the interstate from PAX and next to the botanical gardens. I'd say that will be much nicer than inviting people over to a cramped studio.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Weaver wrote:
    I will no longer have the small studio 2 blocks from the Maydenbauer center when PAX hits.

I will now my very own, much much larger 1 bedroom with fireplace and balcony directly across the interstate from PAX and next to the botanical gardens. I'd say that will be much nicer than inviting people over to a cramped studio.

Well, look who's Mr. Fancy Pants now...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

It has a pool & jacuzzie too ;p

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

My place has that too. And a Sauna. :o

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

Yeah but your place is up in Kirkland.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

Imo kirkland>bellevue

uc4life on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I'll come just to be a designated driver.

Wonder how many times I can stop for gas before anybody catches on :o

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Mr. Glub GlubMr. Glub Glub Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    The title of this thread is misleading.

I'll be 21 fingers old by the time August rolls around, which is the legal drinking age decided on by your puny American minds/livers.

Who wants Canadian beer?

Mr. Glub Glub on
    glubsignature.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    uc4life wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

Imo kirkland>bellevue

I was going to move to Seattle, but when I can my own place with fireplace & huge balcony here off of downtown Bellevue for cheaper, and just hop over the bridge to Seattle whenever I want(I do work over there) it all works out for me. Kirkland is too suburb for me though. I like being right in the city.

Weaver on
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Does the Seattle Gameworks have a bull? Because the bull in Vegas was AWESOME.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    No bull. I am damn good at their indy 500 set up though.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Weaver wrote:
    No bull. I am damn good at their indy 500 set up though.

I distinctly remember dislocating my wrist 3 months ago, yeah they got a bull. its just weather or not its out. :lol:

Shade on
  • Options
    FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    They had a bull for a time, but they got rid of it.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    that makes me a sad panda.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif