As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Something about the playoff should probably be in the thread title.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't know this Engbloom guy, but I really want to know who the hell let PJ Stock on Hockey Night in Canada. The guy is awful, he's supposed to be doing quick updates and game recaps, but he constantly fucks it up.

Was there seriously not anyone a little more polished they could have used? Hell, you don't need a former NHL'er to do your scoreboard and highlight recaps. You might want to get someone with some actual broadcasting talent. And if you do want a former NHL player, you might want to get one who actually had some talent and wasn't a border line minor leauge goon.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I find him significantly less annoying than he was last year. Still not actually good, but he was awful last year.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Woo hoo, just got back from the Shark Tank, I was able to score some tickets at the last second.

STILL ALIVE BITCHES

tofu on
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tofu wrote: »
    Woo hoo, just got back from the Shark Tank, I was able to score some tickets at the last second.

STILL ALIVE BITCHES

Oh yes, that game was so awesome live.

Now they just have to bring it back for game seven and I am so there.

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rikushix wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'd figure any team situated in a place where snow is a freak occurrence of nature and not a regularly expected winter thing is probably a piss poor choice for a hockey team.*

* Not counting Vancouver because Vancouver's weather is just plain fucked up.

I'm not sure whether I should feel flattered or insulted.

Vancouver getting rain all year round and otherwise tropic temperatures in Canada when the rest of the country is buried by snow was more what I was referring to :P

Anyway, do we know who Vancouver's going to face in the 2nd round or are those series still playing?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'd figure any team situated in a place where snow is a freak occurrence of nature and not a regularly expected winter thing is probably a piss poor choice for a hockey team.*

Vancouver getting rain all year round and otherwise tropic temperatures in Canada when the rest of the country is buried by snow was more what I was referring to :P

Anyway, do we know who Vancouver's going to face in the 2nd round or are those series still playing?

If San Jose completes a huge comeback, it's Vancouver @ Detroit. If the Ducks win it's the winner of Hawks/Flames @ Vancouver.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Woah woah woah, let's clarify something here. Normally that's the case, but what happened this winter? Yeah, that's right, Vancouver got two feet of snow within a few days. At home in Vancity I live below sea level and we got a foot in a single day late december. And it was disgusting here in Ontario; last year in Kingston, it actually did not rain between mid november until february. Either snow or bright sun. This year it routinely poured. The snow kept thawing. It was gross.

Oh yeah, and Victoria (historically the warmest city in canada as well as the city with the least snow) got more snow then any other place in Canada, including, at one point, the North Pole.

Oh yeah, we still got it.

:winky:

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And this is sweet, I correctly guessed the number of goals Pittsburgh and Philly scored against eachother the entire series: 34.

35 points for me.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

If San Jose completes a huge comeback, it's Vancouver @ Detroit. If the Ducks win it's the winner of Hawks/Flames @ Vancouver.

Damnit, I don't want the Canucks to face Detroit.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Then have fun rooting for Pronger.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Exactly, which is why we're cheering for Anaheim.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Because you don't want the Wings or you're rooting for Pronger? If it's the latter, I officially want the Wings to embarrass the Canucks. Because fuck Pronger.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Because you don't want the Wings or you're rooting for Pronger? If it's the latter, I officially want the Wings to embarrass the Canucks. Because fuck Pronger.

Duh, the wings.

Fuck Pronger, seriously.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    OK, good. I was going to say, I normally like Canuck fans.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So what do you guys think, can the Caps tie up the series today?

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I hope so, I want the Rangers gone.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I would be happy not to see Avery again... total douchebag.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    In consolation, he did get benched the other game.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I love Avery. However, he's hurt the Rangers this series.

I really want a Caps win though, I love Ovie so hard.

Lail on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Caps looking good, that last Kozlov goal was fucking awesome

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    At least Washington's NHL team is making up for their MLB...I wonder if 'team' is too charitable a word here.

At first I was surprised the league would suspend Tortorrella, but then, I believe they did the same thing with Domi back in the day when he 'interacted' with a fan in the penalty box.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I almost feel bad for the Rangers.

Almost.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hope Varlamov won't falter once he face a team with an actual offense. If he does I guess I'll have to root for the Penguins.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I want varlamov to mess up just so he can get off the damn leaderboard for GAA and let Luongo take over.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Like that meaningless goal at the end?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I hate the Rangers, but I'm rooting for them in Game 7. The Bruins should absolutely demolish them like they did with the Canadiens.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Duh, the wings.

Fuck Pronger, seriously.

It's so awesome when everyone boos in the Shark Tank when has has possession of the puck. :lol:

tofu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Isn't that every arena in the league except whatever the hell the Arrowhead Pond is called now?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I have no idea to be honest, I don't watch Duck games.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Duh, the wings.

Fuck Pronger, seriously.

It's so awesome when everyone boos in the Shark Tank when has has possession of the puck. :lol:

Yes.

Sevorak on
  • Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    As a Ranger fan I'm embarrassed by that effort put forth tonight. This is a deflated team right now, with only a couple players actually trying out there. All year the Rangers have won and lost based on the play of Lundqvist, and it looks like he's out of gas, letting in all sorts of goals past his glove hand. The veteran players have completed disappeared and given up while the young ones are the only one trying (Zherdev excluded).

Rei on
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So no comments on the Brashear elbow to Betts head? The refs should have given him a Match Penalty and Game Misconduct for a late hit to the head. At the very least he should have gotten 2 for elbowing and 2 for roughing, instead it's matching roughing minors with Mara.

And what about Dubinsky getting bitten by Morrisonn badly enough that Dubinsky needed to get a tetanus shot? Both Brashear and Morrisonn should be suspended for at least Game 7.

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah I saw that, crazy shit. I was at the game so I didn't see the hit that well, but when I got home I checked it on youtube and it was such a cheap shot. Just Brashear being the no talent goon he's supposed to be. And Dubinsky gets bitten and gets a 10 minute misconduct? Note: I'm not trying to be a whiny fan, complaining about calls, just those 2 situations in particular were shitty.

Rei on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    NHL refs are stupid and inconsistent.

FACT

tofu on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Wait wait, a player bit another player? When the hell did this happen? Was it Rangers/Caps? How did I miss this? I watched that game.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wait wait, a player bit another player? When the hell did this happen? Was it Rangers/Caps? How did I miss this? I watched that game.

The Rangers are claiming it happened. But there is no real evidence aside from the Rangers whining about it. Unfortunately it's a very loud whine.

Biting does happen sometimes though. Ruutu got a 1 game suspension for biting someone this year.

Brashir should get 1 game for his shit during the warmup, and at least 3 games for the cheap shot.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited April 2009

FACT

I think ref #54 had the check of the night on Grier Saturday. Moments before the Ducks' first goal. MVP of the game.

No, don't get out of the way of the large black man with the puck Mr. Ref, just stand there and trip him up.

I blame him for us not winning in regulation.

And Nabby.
    But mostly 54.

Sevorak on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sevorak wrote: »

FACT

I think ref #54 had the check of the night on Grier Saturday. Moments before the Ducks' first goal. MVP of the game.

No, don't get out of the way of the large black man with the puck Mr. Ref, just stand there and trip him up.

And Nabby.
    But mostly 54.

That was a hilarious play. I was watching it with my parents and all 3 of us LOL'd.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Vezina finalists: Niklas Backstrom, Tim Thomas, Steve Mason

Backstrom? BACKSTROM? #&$@$!^&!

edit: didn't realize how high his stats were.

still....GRARGH

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sevorak wrote: »

FACT

And Nabby.
    But mostly 54.

The Ref's are considered part of the ice. Like a goal post. Or a loose stick/helmet/glove lying on the ice. I blame the person that ran into him.

Burtletoy on
This discussion has been closed.