As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

bellevue area

• TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Arghetlam wrote: »
    Oh, I'm well aware Spokane is quite large, about 200,000 people or so. It's just that Spokane is a nowhere town. If you plan to make something of yourself, then Spokane should be avoided like the plauge.

And the first civilization you hit is actually Coeur D' Alene, our neighbors right across the border. And after Spokane. . .yeah, whole lotta nuthin' but sagebrush. Moe should know that quite well. . .
    Sounds like Kelowna. Ugh.

Spokane is right below the K-towns in B.C. and by all accounts is just like them, except without Silverstar, Big White and Sunpeaks to keep things interesting and above sea-level.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bellevue wan't bad for PAX, it was cheaper than it's going to be this year...

Besides, none of you should complain until you've lived a month in french Quebec. They are the most unwelcoming people in the world...

RowdyTheDog on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    Duh

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

Besides, none of you should complain until you've lived a month in french Quebec. They are the most unwelcoming people in the world...

bellevue was definitely closer to my house than seattle. i'm practically up in the mountains over here, so when i leave at 2am on friday night, and am back at 8am on saturday, that'll only leave me like 4 hours sleep tops.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

bellevue was definitely closer to my house than seattle. i'm practically up in the mountains over here, so when i leave at 2am on friday night, and am back at 8am on saturday, that'll only leave me like 4 hours sleep tops.

Which is about as much as I got last year every night in my hotel room.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2007
    That sounds a little heavy. I think you were sleeping too much.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    That sounds a little heavy. I think you were sleeping too much.

meh, i get the dry eyes without sleep, can't game without my personal assistant holding my eyelids open with a constant visene drip into my eyeballs when i'm too sleep deprived.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I must say, I would much rather this year's PAX be held in Tacoma rather than Seattle. Tacoma is cheaper, there's more parking, and it's not as fucking crowded as Seattle (a lot less traffic, too). Though mostly it would just be nice to not have to commute from Tacoma to Seattle and back every day.

Hacksaw on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I must say, I would much rather this year's PAX be held in Tacoma rather than Seattle. Tacoma is cheaper, there's more parking, and it's not as fucking crowded as Seattle (a lot less traffic, too). Though mostly it would just be nice to not have to commute from Tacoma to Seattle and back every day.

Nah.

PAX should take place in Kirkland.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited March 2007
    Legacy wrote: »

Nah.

Tacoma or I will stab you in the throat.

Hacksaw on
    edited March 2007
    PAX should just do a tour of the country, and be somewhere else every weekend all summer long.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    PAX should just do a tour of the country, and be somewhere else every weekend all summer long.

That... would be the coolest thing EVER.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007

Nah.

Getting stabbed in the throat is a definite risk you take if you get out of your car in Tacoma.

Doc on
    edited March 2007
    Doc wrote: »

Nah.

Getting stabbed in the throat is a definite risk you take if you get out of your car in Tacoma.
    Only for you, Doc. <3

Hacksaw on
    edited March 2007

Nah.

Only for you, Doc. <3

Except nobody would be able to reach...

Trillian on

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't care where in the state its held, just as long as its not Spokanistan.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pullman, WA Here we come!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I consider Pullman and Spokane to be the same place. That, plus the Husky blood flowing through my veins means that I cannot support anything coming out of Pullman unless my life depends on it, and that's only after spending all the energy I have trying to find an alternative.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Nah.

Not to mention the smell...

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
    edited March 2007
    Trillian wrote: »

Nah.

Only for you, Doc. <3

But me!

Hacksaw on
    edited March 2007

Nah.

Only for you, Doc. <3

But me!

Yeah well you're some freakish Doc clone anyways.

If you killed him you'd be killing yourself.

Trillian on

edited March 2007

Nah.

Only for you, Doc. <3

But me!

Yeah well you're some freakish Doc clone anyways.

If you killed him you'd be killing yourself.
    Actually it'd be more like me killing a version of myself from another dimension. It might actually right the balance of the multiverse as we know it.

Hacksaw on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    BigRed could probably manage.

b0wser on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

b0wser wrote: »

Manage what?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited March 2007
    BigRed wrote: »

Okay, no PAX Tour then. What's the story with the Bi-Coastal PAX thing. I've heard rumblings of an East Coast based PAX in addition to the West Coast PAX some time in the future?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    b0wser wrote: »

Manage what?

See the "PAX is not a dating service" thread. And yes, provided enough vaseli... uh, I mean, incentives, you could probably manage it.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Okay, no PAX Tour then. What's the story with the Bi-Coastal PAX thing. I've heard rumblings of an East Coast based PAX in addition to the West Coast PAX some time in the future?

khoo question. although they are practically killing themselves over there planing for 07. Having to do 2 in one year? I think that place would go nuclear.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited March 2007

khoo question. although they are practically killing themselves over there planing for 07. Having to do 2 in one year? I think that place would go nuclear.
    think i heard something about 2009

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited March 2007
    I had the opportunity to mention it to Khoo once, I think it was on IRC. His exact words to me were (without confirming or denying anything) that it would take an "argressive timetable." Although, I'm sure they would use of some extra, Eastern Time Zone assistance to pull that madness off.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    God, Tacoma would be a horrible choice for PAX. The reason there's plenty of parking is because people that don't live in or right around Tacoma generally avoid it. Although it sucks that there won't be any Nerf guns allowed in the convention center and it will be more expensive for hotels and parking, there's also a lot more to do nearby than in Bellevue. Bellevue's not a bad city, it's just a matter of personal preferences. From my perspective, yeah it's clean but a doctor's office is also clean, and boring. Seattle's got a lot more variety in culture and nightlife that you just don't see on the eastside. You don't generally find Seattleites talking about going out for the night in the eastside but people from the eastside often come into Seattle for a night out.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2007
    yeah, i think the pa guys should definitely do something about the parking. i think that could be a deciding factor for many locals on whether they'll come or not. not us hard-core paxers, but ya know, the casuals

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I have mixed feelings about Tacoma, my place of employment's main office is down there, however I've also totalled two cars in two months in the Tacoma area (neither was my fault, state farm enjoys giving me money I'm sure)

It isn't TERRIBLE, I definitely wouldn't live there though, or go there without absolute need.

Kyanilis on
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    God, Tacoma would be a horrible choice for PAX. The reason there's plenty of parking is because people that don't live in or right around Tacoma generally avoid it.
    Because they're a bunch of sissy little bitches. Tacoma really isn't that bad, people. I don't get why you're all so scared to come down here.

Hacksaw on
    edited March 2007
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    It isn't TERRIBLE, I definitely wouldn't live there though, or go there without absolute need.
    You're from Federal Way; the feeling is mutual.

Hacksaw on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    God, Tacoma would be a horrible choice for PAX. The reason there's plenty of parking is because people that don't live in or right around Tacoma generally avoid it.
    Because they're a bunch of sissy little bitches. Tacoma really isn't that bad, people. I don't get why you're all so scared to come down here.
    It's not a question of fear. I used to date a lady that lived in Puyallup so I'd often drive down to see her and we'd go out somewhere in Tacoma. However the options are pretty limited and it's just an ugly, depressing city. I never felt afraid but I always wondered, "why am I here voluntarily?"

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2007
    It's not a question of fear. I used to date a lady that lived in Puyallup so I'd often drive down to see her and we'd go out somewhere in Tacoma. However the options are pretty limited and it's just an ugly, depressing city. I never felt afraid but I always wondered, "why am I here voluntarily?"
    Ugly? Have you seen the area around the convention center? That's not what I would call "ugly," by any definition of the word.

Hacksaw on
    edited March 2007

there's a reason the paper mills are on the seattle side entrance to tacoma, so that you get to smell the shit that you're driving into! a-burn!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

there's a reason the paper mills are on the seattle side entrance to tacoma, so that you get to smell the shit that you're driving into! a-burn!
    No, the paper mills are there to dissuade any overly sensitive yuppies with weeping vaginas for noses from ever setting foot in the city. Seems to have worked, thus far.

Hacksaw on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    No, the paper mills are there to dissuade any overly sensitive yuppies with weeping vaginas for noses from ever setting foot in the city. Seems to have worked, thus far.

In the immortal words of Sir Mix-A-Lot:

Rollin' in Tacoma, I could get burned
    (Sound of automatic gunfire) Betta make a u-turn

Doc on
  • specspec Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I live in Bellevue and it's a great area if you can afford it and you don't mind people expecting you to behave civilly.

spec on
This discussion has been closed.