As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NHL Thread: Happy Canada/Free Agency Day!

• tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nabokov's is contracted through next year if I'm not mistaken, so he probably won't be traded until the year after.

Of course we might see Sexsmith next season so that's pretty exciting.

tofu on
  • QonasQonas Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Normally I wouldn't be so gleeful, but after a full year of "It's the Sharks time!" "Those Wings are toast!" "Sharks > Wings" and every single pundit falling over themselves, not wasting a second after last year's Stanley Cup Finals to crown the Sharks as heir apparent and not ONCE reflect on a Wings victory or give Detroit any credit or respect.....

2909_580574926416_38509533_33772946_7561718_n.jpg

Suck it all'y'all. Suck it long, and suck it hard.

Qonas on
    banner_default.jpg

There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility. - President Theodore Roosevelt
    edited April 2009
    ok...?

tofu on
  • 3v3v Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really hope the Wings crush the ducks in four.

Then get crushed by anyone else. I don't care who.

Back to dismantling the Sharks. I wouldn't mind having Nabby for another year, especially if it means he is actually splitting games with the back up instead of playing every single game. It should not be up to Nabokov to decide when he plays, because this is what happens:

His five hole gets too tired.

and then we choke in the playoffs.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Really? Really?

'Cause the Wings totally weren't in the same place three years ago.

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I don't get that. I liked the Sharks all year. I was hoping for a WCF against them all year so the Wings could hopefully prove the punditry wrong themselves.

But the Sharks (and their fans) are cool.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I don't get that. I liked the Sharks all year. I was hoping for a WCF against them all year so the Wings could hopefully prove the punditry wrong themselves.

But the Sharks (and their fans) are cool.

^5

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't know about you guys, but I am in a Good Mood.

Khabibulin will be no picnic but if Luongo plays the way he did against St. Louis, then I think we can pull the series off.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Roboto Luongo

Goalie android v1.0

tofu on
    edited April 2009
    I swear all he needs is a few drops of oil from the jerrycan and we're good to go for another series.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited April 2009
    It'll be interesting to see how they handle a team that at least sometimes goes to the damn net. But right now if you let Luongo see it, he's stopping the first shot, so you need traffic in front, tips, rebounds, and what not.

The Holmstrom/Franzen vs. Luongo battle would be good times in the WCF if it happens.

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, Luongo is vulnerable to one-timers and clever deflections and such, just like most other goaltenders...but as for massive slapshots, especially on the penalty kill...he just catches everything.

Anyway. I think it'll be a tough series. I also think Vancouver could easily lose if the scorers don't provide enough output. It'll be a nail-biter in any case, that's for sure.

Long story short, eventually, it'll just be detroit and boston, and no one else. Simple, really.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited April 2009
    And hey, I'm moving on up on the stanley cup challenge.

Welcome, Rikushix!

You are currently Ranked 678 of 73633

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    First Round Stat: 17 out of a possible 30 points.

Burtletoy on
    edited April 2009
    I am ranked 2535. 8-)

Picking the Sharks to win was clearly a dumb choice.

tofu on
  • Cold FusionCold Fusion Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Wings most certainly are not the Yankees of hockey. They are a product of smart management.

Anyways, maybe this has been asked, but does TSN stream the games they broadcast? I would love to see the Capitals/Rangers game tonight, but I don't have cable and have been relying on CBC.

Cold Fusion on
    1309077-1.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Argh, fuck the NHL and Versus. I want to watch the Carolina game and I get Rangers or nothing. Fuck.

And the NHL wants me to pay 20 bucks to watch the internet feed? You've gotta be kidding me.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Where's the bracket thing again? I'll have to look up what I said :P

Jragghen on
    edited April 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Where's the bracket thing again? I'll have to look up what I said :P

http://playoffchallenge.nhl.com

And ringo I've come to realize that NHL's Game Center service is really there for the people who are lacking a TV and are desperate for hockey, so they don't mind/don't notice they're being bilked. The playoffs don't help things.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I picked the Sharks to SWEEP. Goddamn. I don't even know why I did that, I should've remembered their penchant for choking.

On the plus side, the reason why I'm so high is because I guessed the exact amount of goals that the Pittsburgh-Philly series would generate, so that was an extra 25 points.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What the hell is Washington doing???? Rangers are always first on the puck, they win every battle... theyre so lucky its tied 1-1 right now.

Were have the games 1-6 Capitals gone?

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jean wrote: »
    What the hell is Washington doing???? Rangers are always first on the puck, they win every battle... theyre so lucky its tied 1-1 right now.

Were have the games 1-6 Capitals gone?

I am so scared right now. They're playing like total shit, and it's tied. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR. They came back from being down 3 games to 1. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh fuck, Devils get a 4 minute power play.

C'mon Canes. Pull this thing out.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What a timely goal from Federov. YES!

oldmanken on
    edited April 2009
    That was such a sweet goal. He just SLAMMED that thing in.

LETS GO CAPS!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    edited April 2009
    Thirty seconds left. TENSE!!!

oldmanken on
    edited April 2009
    That was a god damn laser. Looked like mid 90s Sergei Federov all night.

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    Epic choke for the Rangers.

Take that Sean Avery!

tofu on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Fucking Rangers are always a disappointment.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2009
    I love how you can do anything you want to Avery and you'll never get a penalty.

Wait. Thats not the right word.

It's retarded how you can do anything you want to Avery and you'll never get a penalty.

There were 3 easy calls in the third period alone. But, hey it's Avery, right? Ugh.

Burtletoy on
    edited April 2009
    If one of them you're thinking of was that semi-break he had you're insane.

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    No, it wasn't.

It was boarding where he passed before he got to the goal line and was pushed all the way back 15 feet into the end boards. A nice interference where he was pulled down at center ice. And Federov sticking his knee out to trip avery when he got injured at the end.

Burtletoy on
    edited April 2009
    The Rangers totally deserved to win that game, but then again they didnt deserved to win game 1 so it even out.

Woah, I had not realised it's the first playoff serie the Caps win in more than a decade.

Now go Carolina, a Pitt/Wash serie would be totally epic and would give lot of visibility to the NHL and make ratings go trough the roof.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    edited April 2009
    Federov didn't stick out his knee...

oldmanken on
    edited April 2009
    Seriously.

I think someone is just terrified of the Bruins. :P

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    Jean wrote: »
    The Rangers totally deserved to win that game, but then again they didnt deserved to win game 1 so it even out.

Woah, I had not realised it's the first playoff serie the Caps win in more than a decade.

Now go Carolina, a Pitt/Wash serie would be totally epic and would give lot of visibility to the NHL and make ratings go trough the roof.

I have been a Caps fan since my dad, jokingly, told me when I was 11 that whatever team I picked in NHL '94 had to be my FAVORITE team. I remember spending my spring break watching the series with the Penguins and I remember being awake when my dad got up to go to work when the Pens took the Caps to a gazillion overtimes and Jagr finally ended it sending them home.

So, the vast majority of my adult life has been spent as the worst team in the league. Tonight just feels so awesome. This feeling is why you don't abandon your team when they suck, because it's just too cool.

And I want a Pens/Caps series more than ANYTHING. Lets bring it full circle, as that game when I was little was the first time I was really emotionally invested in a sporting event.

mxmarks on
    edited April 2009
    So you're rooting for the 'Canes to make this comeback?

enlightenedbum on
    edited April 2009
    So you're rooting for the 'Canes to make this comeback?

Mhmm! :)

8 minutes left and down by a goal... come on Canes you can do this!

Jean on
    edited April 2009
    Ooh, OT game 7 imminent?

Also: seriously, fuck Versus for not showing this.

enlightenedbum on
  • AgentBryantAgentBryant CTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ruh roh New Jersey

AgentBryant on
This discussion has been closed.