As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good FM transmitter for Ipod, and a skin

Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
My fiance just bought the classic 120GB Ipod, and I want to know a good FM transmitter for the car. I also want a good skin for the ipod itself. I don't want to pay alot for the skin though. I checked some out at the apple store, and $30 for a skin can kiss my dick.

Help would be appreciated.

Steam
Xbox Live: Kunohara
Racist Joke on

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The quality of any FM transmitter will be reliant on how busy the air waves in your area are. Smack center of a major city? It's going to suck. Thousand miles of corn fields in every direction? It'll work a lot better.

I used a Belkin iTrip a few years ago, it worked well. Most of the $10 no-name ones you find will be complete crap.

xzzy on
  • fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    To get a line in in my Lincoln I installed a hardwire FM modulator. It's fairly easy, and you don't have to worry about interference.

It sits between your antenna and your radio, you can switch it on and off, you never have to worry about interference, and the sound quality is decent.

I don't remember which one in particular I have, I bought it at a circuit city in 2006.

fshavlak on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If you just want a scratch-protection skin, you can't do better than bestskinsever.com - cheap, practically invisible, and strong. I just replaced the skin on my 3-year old iPod and it looks brand new - not a scratch in sight.

If you need shock-protection as well, then get something else.

KalTorak on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    If you just want a scratch-protection skin, you can't do better than bestskinsever.com - cheap, practically invisible, and strong. I just replaced the skin on my 3-year old iPod and it looks brand new - not a scratch in sight.

They are like $8.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »

They are like $8.

Honestly, I have a bestskinsever on my iPod classic, and still have it in a case. Best of both worlds.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • sinnsinn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wunderbar wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

They are like $8.

Honestly, I have a bestskinsever on my iPod classic, and still have it in a case. Best of both worlds.

Same here. I have a bestskinsever on my 4th Gen Nano mainly for screen protection, and an Incipio silicone rubber case for when I'm out and about. Really is the best of both worlds.

sinn on
    He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the responses guys. I actually found out that my car (Pontiac G5) has an aux input on the stereo. Now here comes the dumb question, I've heard that you can plug in the ipod directly that way, and it is actually the best way because you won't get static, and it will sound really nice. What cable exactly would I need to buy to connect it to my car and ipod?

Racist Joke on
    Steam
  • finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This one. Specifically, any male to male 3.5mm audio cable will do.

finalflight89 on
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This one. Specifically, any male to male 3.5mm audio cable will do.

Fucking awesome, thank you.

Racist Joke on
    Steam