As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dog Morphs into Horse Inside Collapsing Stone Portal

tomas246tomas246 Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Artist's Corner
Horse-Dog.jpg
by Thomas McDermott

Medium - Micron ink pen, pointillism and line drawing

Drawing will appear in Mania Magazine

Humans are still animals D:
tomas246 on

• Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I like it.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    As do I, wish you'd posted a bigger version though.

Mustang on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I like the idea of it, but i'm not really a fan of the portal- if you didn't tell me it was a portal, i'd have no idea what it was (i would think its a comicbook-esque action pannel. I'm also not sure if the morphing itself comes acoss. To it looks like a minature pony instead of a dog morphing into a horse... perhaps you could try to catch it more mid-stage (the face 1/2 way or 3/4 of the way into a horse) the it would be easier to tell that is what is.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    tomas246tomas246 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bLq0R-CX-kE/SfeVwMubTeI/AAAAAAAAAKA/QnGtgbpHReM/s1600-h/Horse-Dog.jpg
    Click above for the super large version of it.
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I like the idea of it, but i'm not really a fan of the portal- if you didn't tell me it was a portal, i'd have no idea what it was (i would think its a comicbook-esque action pannel. I'm also not sure if the morphing itself comes acoss. To it looks like a minature pony instead of a dog morphing into a horse... perhaps you could try to catch it more mid-stage (the face 1/2 way or 3/4 of the way into a horse) the it would be easier to tell that is what is.

How very Duchamp of you to say so. I say that because Duchamp used to loath art historians for putting too much description between a viewer and the actual piece of art (either with words or text). The title actually has nothing to do with the creation of the piece. I started to draw a horse that then started to look more like a dog to me, so I shifted gears and got trapped in the middle of it all. It was very -stream of consciousness- style, no intentions here. I actually sat down to draw what ever the fuck came out of my hand, for good or for worse. It was fun :)

Thank you for all the comments!

tomas246 on
    Humans are still animals D:
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Looks like a shoddy well to me.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    looks much better large.

I see him lying in the sand with a circle of stones around him, dying and stretching up toward the camera.

ManonvonSuperock on