As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Facebook friends list gone [lock, please]

KilroyKilroy timaeusTestifiedRegistered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I logged onto Facebook tonight and discovered that a.) there was a post on my wall that I didn't make and b.) my entire friends list has been deleted. I've gone through and changed my password, checked my security, etc., but I need to know if there's a way my Friends list can be restored.

The Facebook Help section is proving ridiculously difficult to navigate and unhelpful. Does anyone know of any way I could contact some kind of support who could help me with this? Or do I have to go back and add all my friends in again, and hope that Facebook doesn't disable my account for friending too many people at once?

Kilroy on

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Have you been hacked?

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nothing else was changed, my account hasn't sent or received any suspicious messages, my email hasn't been spammed, nothing happened beyond that one post and the disappearing friends. I'm not going to rule the possibility out, but it seems like someone with truly malicious intent would have fucked things up a bit more.

Kilroy on
  • mechaThormechaThor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Within the past few days have you went to a link from a friends profile and had to reenter in your login? A lot of popular myspace shenanigans were via fake sites that looked just like myspace and required a reentered login, and a surprisingly large amount of people fell victim to it.

Also, just because nothing was changed doesn't mean you weren't hacked. My friend had his WoW account hacked -- all they did was continue him for an additional 6-months of WoW, making him pay the 72$ or whatever, but doing nothing other than that.

mechaThor on
    "I sent an e-mail asking why wood elves get +2 Str when other dwarves did not. My response from customer service consisted of five words: 'Wood elves are really strong.' "
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not that I recall, though it is a possibility.

I decided just to bite the bullet and re-friend everyone I want as a friend. I guess this can be locked? Unless someone has tips on avoiding this sort of thing in the future.

Kilroy on
This discussion has been closed.