As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How is that even food?

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The stuff on this is why you're fat is fucking disgusting, but at least this isn't stuff anybody is eating on a regular basis... right... right? Please tell me the '' meals''( if we can call them that) posted on that site were done only for shock value.. please

As for more.. regular food that is plain disgusting AND UNHEALTHY try... anything by KFC or Taco Bell. Even McDonald is healthy in comparaison.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jean wrote: »
    The stuff on this is why you're fat is fucking disgusting, but at least this isn't stuff anybody is eating on a regular basis... right... right? Please tell me the '' meals''( if we can call them that) posted on that site were done only for shock value.. please

As for more.. regular food that is plain disgusting AND UNHEALTHY try... anything by KFC or Taco Bell. Even McDonald is healthy in comparaison.

some of them are clearly jokes or shock value, but others appear to be real store-bought items, like that pizza cone monstrosity

Senjutsu on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HungryMan Dinners.

Or as I like to call them, emergency rations for those with sodium deficiency.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • TalTal Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »

I saw this on Anthony Bourdain's show once. I have to say, there is an element of morbid curiosity that makes me want to hunt down the closest poutine dealer.

Poutine is delicious. Saying this as an American citizen. I know it's not good for me, but every trip I make to Canada I make sure I get some poutine.

Also, regarding chicken and waffles:
    http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/

I went with some friends to try it once. I left there feeling like I had a concrete block in my stomach (some of the heaviest food I've eaten) but I'll be damned if I wasn't surprised at how well chicken and waffles combo'd together.

Tal on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    American Cheese
    ololol generalizing aside, that shitty "cheese" is nasty. In fact I'm gonna go get some real cheese right now.

Yeah I remember expressing a very obvious shudder when I went to a Subway in Vegas and they didn't have the cheeses I'm used to. It was a choice between American *shudder*, Monterey Jack (meh), and Provolone.

Hey screw that noise. Freshly made Poutine is good stuff! The bastardizations they serve in Harvey's, KFC, A&W, et al...those are merde.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tal wrote: »

I saw this on Anthony Bourdain's show once. I have to say, there is an element of morbid curiosity that makes me want to hunt down the closest poutine dealer.

Poutine is delicious. Saying this as an American citizen. I know it's not good for me, but every trip I make to Canada I make sure I get some poutine.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They're is restaurant in Montréal called La Banquise that serve like 30 different flavour of poutine.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/poutine%20t%20rex/SilverSamurai12/T-RexPoutine.jpg

I actually ate one just like that. It's called the T-Rex poutine.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It may not be as monstrously disgusting as some of the stuff in this thread, but I honestly don't understand how Australians can eat Vegemite.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It may not be as monstrously disgusting as some of the stuff in this thread, but I honestly don't understand how Australians can eat Vegemite.

They just haven't become a civilized, Marmite eating nation.

The correct Marmite, not that putrid English stuff.

BloodySloth on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Poutine is freaking awesome. One of the restaurants in my hometown used to make it with cheese, dressing, ground beef, mushrooms, onions and gravy. We called it a heart attack, because after you finished you felt pretty close to one. Delicious!

oldmanken on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    On skinned fried chicken, how large are chicken intestines? If they're big enough, you could conceivably wrap the various pieces. A fried chicken sausage, if you will.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Honestly, I think mayonnaise is incredibly disgusting. Egg blended in with copious amounts of the bad kind of oil just is not appealing.

Cervetus on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    An-D wrote: »
    How about some of this delicious Brown Canned Bread?"

That looks just delicious.

Hey, I have some of that at home.* The directions on the can are amazing.
    "Open can at both ends. Use a spoon to gently push bread out of can. Cut to desired thickness."

I don't need directions on how to cut bread, thank you.

*Morbid curiosity, I swear. If we ever get to the state where that thing starts looking like a viable food product, it'll go great with my can of novelty Monty Python Spam.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cervetus wrote: »
    Honestly, I think mayonnaise is incredibly disgusting. Egg blended in with copious amounts of the bad kind of oil just is not appealing.

I agree completely. Of course, I feel the same way about ranch dressing, honestly.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tbloxham wrote: »

I guess English people just like buttered bread. I mean, in England you would just always put some margarine on a sandwich if you made one unless it was really fancy.
    In the US, if you butter the bread you usually don't put anything else on. Thus the bewilderment.

Thats because in the USA you can't really get a proper sliced loaf to use in a UK Style sandwich. Unlike in the USA where most sandwiches come on rolls, in the UK they come on sliced bread. Sliced bread goes much better with butter, and we just like sandwhiches more. Honey sandwiches, Cheese sandwiches, Jam sandwhich, PB+J. You 'butter' (almost always margerine) the bread first, but not with a crazy amount or anything.

o_O Almost every sandwich I've ever bought has had two slices of bread. You buy loaves of bread to make sandwiches in the US. The iconic PB&J sandwich is always depicted as two slices of bread with PB&J in between.

Captain Carrot on
  • zakkielzakkiel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I guess English people just like buttered bread. I mean, in England you would just always put some margarine on a sandwich if you made one unless it was really fancy.
    In the US, if you butter the bread you usually don't put anything else on. Thus the bewilderment.

Thats because in the USA you can't really get a proper sliced loaf to use in a UK Style sandwich. Unlike in the USA where most sandwiches come on rolls, in the UK they come on sliced bread. Sliced bread goes much better with butter, and we just like sandwhiches more. Honey sandwiches, Cheese sandwiches, Jam sandwhich, PB+J. You 'butter' (almost always margerine) the bread first, but not with a crazy amount or anything.

o_O Almost every sandwich I've ever bought has had two slices of bread. You buy loaves of bread to make sandwiches in the US. The iconic PB&J sandwich is always depicted as two slices of bread with PB&J in between.

The jam and honey sandwiches sound like a regular piece of bread with honey or jam, but I guess with an extra slice slapped on top? Lightly buttering such a thing is quite reasonable.

Buttering a PB&J or cheese sandwich is depraved.

zakkiel on
    Account not recoverable. So long.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Butter + Grape Jelly on an english muffin is pretty damn good though.

Zek on
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    zakkiel wrote: »
    Buttering ... cheese sandwich is depraved.

Unless you grill it.

Cervetus on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited April 2009
    zakkiel wrote: »

The jam and honey sandwiches sound like a regular piece of bread with honey or jam, but I guess with an extra slice slapped on top? Lightly buttering such a thing is quite reasonable.

Buttering a PB&J or cheese sandwich is depraved.

So... grilled cheese is depraved?

Curse you.

Aroduc on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Meowsville wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I saw an ad once for gel-filled Eggo waffles. I'm not sure what the gel was - strawberry goo, syrup, frosting? - but the idea is revolting. I imagine it's like eating a jelly donut or pastry but you pour maple syrup on top, too.

Apparently they are called "Waff-FULLS". Bleh

I'm starting to think that stuffing and filling foods with other foods is the essence of fatness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNUa9nGEBk

It's made of people!! Eggo Waf-fulls is PEOPLE!!

Another small time offender to me are those Hungryman TV dinners from Swanson. Some are okay, like the Buffalo chicken strips, but others are NOT even close to being 'food.' I'm looking at you, Sports Pack Nacho Cheese and Chicken Strips. Fried chicken and nachos are an unholy union.

emnmnme on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    Oreo pizza is a little bizarre but dirt pudding is delicious. I can only imagine how fattening it must be, though.

Your mind is better off not knowing. That said, a Butterfinger cake is even worse.

I've heard tale of some mythical confection called a 'Snickers Pie' but I've yet to see one in the wild.

emnmnme on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »
    On skinned fried chicken, how large are chicken intestines? If they're big enough, you could conceivably wrap the various pieces. A fried chicken sausage, if you will.
    D:o_OD:

Duffel on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    Oreo pizza is a little bizarre but dirt pudding is delicious. I can only imagine how fattening it must be, though.

Your mind is better off not knowing. That said, a Butterfinger cake is even worse.

I've heard tale of some mythical confection called a 'Snickers Pie' but I've yet to see one in the wild.

I've had one. It was very tasty, and much simpler than you'd think. Basically a peanut/caramel pie with a chocolate topping, if memory serves.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The dorm cafeteria I eat at has something called the "Phatty Melt". Effectively, as far as I can remember, it's a burger+philly cheese steak, using two grilled cheese sandwiches as buns, with whatever grilled/sauteed veggies (mushrooms, peppers, etc.) you want.

They now have t-shirts advertising it...

Squirrelmob on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The dorm cafeteria I eat at has something called the "Phatty Melt". Effectively, as far as I can remember, it's a burger+philly cheese steak, using two grilled cheese sandwiches as buns, with whatever grilled/sauteed veggies (mushrooms, peppers, etc.) you want.

That sounds delicious, though unwieldy.

Also, people from England: your food is disgusting, and soon even you will realize that and finally switch over to an entirely curry-based national cuisine. French fry sandwich? Want some more starch with your starch? What the fuck is wrong with you?

MrMister on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    French fry sandwich? Want some more starch with your starch? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Put french fries in your next cheeseburger and then ask that question.

BloodySloth on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    French fry sandwich? Want some more starch with your starch? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Put french fries in your next cheeseburger and then ask that question.

Then you at least have cheese and meat to contribute flavor. That sounds fine. When your only ingredients come from the potato/bread/rice group then you're doing it wrong.

Seriously, just finish the switch to Indian and realize you've done yourself a huge favor.

MrMister on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    :<

Poutine is generally disgusting. I'll make it at home once and a while with home made fries, home made gravy, and some decent cheese, but when I visit Quebec and the people I know in Montreal try and trick me into eating it, I know better.

Not at all bad for you -- actually, it's really good for you -- but does kimchi count? I eat so much of that shit that even my Korean friends think I'm insane.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • PongePonge Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In the UK a lot of take away restaurants have started selling variants of 'The Munch Box'. It's basically a 7 or 9inch pizza box filled with fries, chicken pakora, mushroom pakora, vegetable pakora, donner kebab meat, cheese, garlic mayonaise and whatever else they feel like throwing in.

I have to admit that during my drunken escapades I've had a few...

Ponge on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

That sounds delicious, though unwieldy.

Also, people from England: your food is disgusting, and soon even you will realize that and finally switch over to an entirely curry-based national cuisine. French fry sandwich? Want some more starch with your starch? What the fuck is wrong with you?

can't find a clip of it, but this made me think of the Tom Rhodes comedy routine about "English Breakfast."

(uuuuugh)

tapeslinger on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh man

i2dw5nf19ms0abxklO5LfyZoo1_500.jpg

Oh man

Godfather on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What is that godfather?

Inquisitor on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Instant death

Duffel on
    edited April 2009
    A bacone (Get it?)

Basically a bacon strip rolled into a cone filled with scrambled eggs, with biscuits and gravy on top.

Tell me that doesn't sound fantastic.

Godfather on
    edited April 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    A bacone (Get it?)

Basically a bacon strip rolled into a cone filled with scrambled eggs, with biscuits and gravy on top.

Tell me that doesn't sound fantastic.

that doesn't sound fantastic

Senjutsu on
    edited April 2009
    That's something i'm going to eat when my gut pops out and i'm all "fuck it, who even cares anymore man."

Godfather on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Heartlash wrote: »
    http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Pretty much everything posted on that site is just... beyond me.

This cracked me up: Bacon Wrapped French Toast Stonehenge
    i2dw5nf19lgdbm9faqEUo5NJo1_500.jpg

Also: D:

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I can understand bacon wrapped scrambled eggs. I might even try that. But gravy? That's just gratuitous. It doesn't even fit.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    edited April 2009
    You can't have biscuits without gravy!

Godfather on
    edited April 2009
    turns out you can

Senjutsu on