As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Perfect [Chat]ters

• Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    she's not and guys no need to rag on the rents too hard, they are still her parents

Medopine on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    wazilla wrote: »
    Sometimes, if I wear dress pants and walk too much I can get little red marks on the insides of my thighs, but they go away within two days or so and I imagine it's just irritation from friction or something.

Your pants have herpes.

That seems likely.

I did buy them from Herpes Wearhouse.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I really really really can't believe her mother did this. That is so inexcusable, that she would obstruct diagnosis and treatment of something that turned out to be this serious.

I would pay excellent, excellent money to see Hakkes's parents imprisoned.

I would be happy if she were only able to become independent and move out of the house.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I just ordered chinese food but I fucked up what I was saying. I hope she understood me correcting myself.
    I mess this up sometimes but in the worst-case scenarios when they actually mess it up the only way that they ever mess it up is by sending me both what I said before I corrected myself and afterwards

and I mean sure it costs a few extra bucks but it is hard to get angry.

yeah I was thinking that exact thing was probably a worst case scenario.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I would say about 90% of people who are 'finacially dependent' on their parents don't have to be if they don't want to.

True, but as I understand it she's not really at a place where she would be comfortable mentally/financially/etc to move out.

Also I'm sure her folks would fight it tooth and nail.

mentally: well that is dependent on you

financially: get a job, stop posting on internet forums.

etc: depends.

I sent my mom an email the first week of college saying essentially "I'm not listening to you any more go fuck yourself" she was mad for maybe 3 months but now we have a great relationship and 3 months of no contact freshman year was the best 'bandaid pull' i can ever think of.

you just have to be ok with being an ass sometimes.
    stop being completely ignorant of the situation

Medopine on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sometimes, if I wear dress pants and walk too much I can get little red marks on the insides of my thighs, but they go away within two days or so and I imagine it's just irritation from friction or something.

Your pants have herpes.

That seems likely.

Did they buy you dinner before they gave you herpes?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    is hakks gonna die

We're all going to die, Shazkar. It's the circle of life.

Not so much a circle as a cruel, indifferent centrifuge that drives the very life force out of you and everyone you hold dear.

And it moves us alllllll :whistle:

Gim on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys, quick question: What part of the UK do you reckon Llewellyn is from?

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Delicious Toad!Delicious Toad! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I really really really can't believe her mother did this. That is so inexcusable, that she would obstruct diagnosis and treatment of something that turned out to be this serious.

EDIT: Well that's just a fucking beautiful TotP, isn't it.
    It's really disastrous when anyone over 18 but still vaguely reliant on their parents in any fashion loses them, including to prison. It's also doubtful that the prosecution would seek imprisonment, as far as I know the statutes are only in place so that the government can underhandedly coerce people into treatment. You can't run around the streets of New York City against medical advice if you know you have ebola, but they won't treat you and put you into prison; they'll use their ability to imprison you to force you into treatment, and then generally drop criminal proceedings

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

I would say about 90% of people who are 'finacially dependent' on their parents don't have to be if they don't want to.

True, but as I understand it she's not really at a place where she would be comfortable mentally/financially/etc to move out.

Also I'm sure her folks would fight it tooth and nail.

mentally: well that is dependent on you

financially: get a job, stop posting on internet forums.

etc: depends.

I sent my mom an email the first week of college saying essentially "I'm not listening to you any more go fuck yourself" she was mad for maybe 3 months but now we have a great relationship and 3 months of no contact freshman year was the best 'bandaid pull' i can ever think of.

you just have to be ok with being an ass sometimes.
    stop being completely ignorant of the situation

i can't, i don't know hakks well enough :P

i would offer the same advice to anyone else in H/A with the same problem.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Your pants have herpes.

That seems likely.

Yeah, a bit of seafood makes contracting a terrible disease less awful.

Also a movie.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys, quick question: What part of the UK do you reckon Llewellyn is from?

I have absolutely zero idea. You assume I know parts of the UK...I'm going to say Wales.

The paper is really nice that they used for the comic, btw.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I would be happy if she were only able to become independent and move out of the house.

That too. Fuck, I'd move into a place with her if I had my own financial independence. It'd be like a terrible sitcom. Two crazy teenagers with wild lusts and horrible mental issues from terrible parents striking it out together in a small apartment in New York/San Francisco/LA/New Jersey/Insert Other Generic City Sitcom Setting Here.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    is hakks gonna die

We're all going to die, Shazkar. It's the circle of life.

Not so much a circle as a cruel, indifferent centrifuge that drives the very life force out of you and everyone you hold dear.

And it moves us alllllll :whistle:

Something about centrifuges just makes for depressing similes and metaphors.

wazilla on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Now I'm scared for my mom :(

She hasn't been impeding my from getting treatment, just impeding me from figuring out what it is. I figured it out on my own. She kept insisting its eczema and has gone to a doctor and a dermatologist but was very lax about it.

My dad took me to the dermatologist today. No, I didn't get a bacterial culture, because there were no pustules to take any of it from. But he heard what I said--I've been on two rounds of antibiotics already, and it has responded but keeps recurring--and immediately said "MRSA" and I was like "I KNEW IT."

So I have yet another round of doxicycline, strong anti-bacterial prescription topical cream, and an anti bacterial wash. I'm starting tomorrow.

the doctor just gave me doxicycline for my mom. She only trusts certain doctors, like a fucking asshole. I am going to call out family doctor tomorrow and tell her to tell my mom it is fucking MRSA.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Medopine do you know anything about people whose refusal of treatment against contagious agents led to federal proceedings

I remember there was a big case a few years ago but I can't remember enough details to Google it

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    new jersey isn't a city.

Variable on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I can't imagine why her mother would do this.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Do any of you wankers play custom robo arena, virtual on oratorio tangram or wartech: senko no ronde?

I mean... I really doubt it.

But, I'm hoping!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Medopine do you know anything about people whose refusal of treatment against contagious agents led to federal proceedings

I remember there was a big case a few years ago but I can't remember enough details to Google it

nope

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Your pants have herpes.

That seems likely.

Also a movie.

So let me get this straight. For the cost of one pair of pants you got:

1) A pair of pants
    2) Herpes forever
    3) Dinner (seafood dinner!)
    4) A movie

Sign me up.

wazilla on
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Booo autofocus

Everything on your camera should be worked by hand!

You should bleed for your photos!

you should see my rig. alllll manual. LOL

Re: hakks-- you know we love ya. let me know if there is any way I can help hon, and it's done. ya hear me?

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I can't imagine why her mother would do this.

Because she didn't know what it was. Duh?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    new jersey isn't a city.

You're right, but you get my point.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    new jersey isn't a city.

You're right, but you get my point.

I do

Variable on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you should see my rig. alllll manual. LOL

Just for you tapes:
    camera1.jpg
    8-)

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Your pants have herpes.

That seems likely.

Also a movie.

So let me get this straight. For the cost of one pair of pants you got:

1) A pair of pants
    2) Herpes forever
    3) Dinner (seafood dinner!)
    4) A movie

Sign me up.

I know, right?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hakks, here's a valuable link you might want to check out, should explain some stuff: [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEciLp2SaxM]link[/vidurl]

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

She hasn't been impeding my from getting treatment, just impeding me from figuring out what it is. I figured it out on my own. She kept insisting its eczema and has gone to a doctor and a dermatologist but was very lax about it.

My dad took me to the dermatologist today. No, I didn't get a bacterial culture, because there were no pustules to take any of it from. But he heard what I said--I've been on two rounds of antibiotics already, and it has responded but keeps recurring--and immediately said "MRSA" and I was like "I KNEW IT."

So I have yet another round of doxicycline, strong anti-bacterial prescription topical cream, and an anti bacterial wash. I'm starting tomorrow.

the doctor just gave me doxicycline for my mom. She only trusts certain doctors, like a fucking asshole. I am going to call out family doctor tomorrow and tell her to tell my mom it is fucking MRSA.

Good luck, Hakks. I hope you can convince your mom to take the medicine.

Cinders on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I hope you and your mom become okay.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, your determatologist is a fucking idiot. Christ, you can't diagnose anything without culturing it, ESPECIALLY A FUCKING SUPERBUG. AGH

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I think I just had a stroke.

• Options
    edited May 2009

I know, right?

Is there like, a phone number I can call? A website?

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, your determatologist is a fucking idiot. Christ, you can't diagnose anything without culturing it, ESPECIALLY A FUCKING SUPERBUG. AGH
    At least he's enough of a fucking idiot to only prescribe antibiotics which have proven effective against MRSA, considering the alternatives to at least that one part. :P

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

you can do a differential without culturing shit

and you can start treatment and change it later

Medopine on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I thought a guy got in trouble for knowingly (?) traveling on an airplane with a resistant strain of TB or something

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Differential is contraindicated in suspection of resistant infections, but broad-spectrum treatment like you said is definitely good to start early (her mentioned Doxicycline)

e HIGH FIVE FUZZY CLOUD

e2 er yeah I meant broad-spectrum as long as the spectrum would affect the resistant infection

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

In the case of an antibiotic resistant organism, yeah you kind of need to culture it and run a resistance test for the best treatment, otherwise you contribute to killing only a portion of the population, resulting in a whole new population of all antibiotic resistant organisms.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think this was probably it, something related to this story

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10538667

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I thought a guy got in trouble for knowingly (?) traveling on an airplane with a resistant strain of TB or something

I thought he got in trouble for knowingly exposing a plane full of people to a highly infectious disease.

Cinders on
This discussion has been closed.