As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Perfect [Chat]ters

• OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Today I learned that Versailles, KY is pronounced "ver-sails."

:facepalm:

I guess it's not much different from how we pronounce cities like "Los Angeles", though. I mean, does anybody (who is not a native Spanish speaker) actually pronounce it in the Spanish way?

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting these.

adidas_samba85_choco_beige__med.jpg

Those are the shoes I wear.

_J_ on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I can't inspire people.

If I order the parts I'll post pictures of the building process.

I've selected this for the case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163112
    I hella want to build one of these MicroATX computers, then buy custom-cut foam mold to go into a nice metal suitcase along with a small-ish (probably 15") LCD monitor, one of those keyboards that rolls up, and a wireless laptop mouse. It will be my portable computer without being a laptop.

The case conceals a footlong on whole wheat. OOOOHHHHHH SSSHHHIIIITT!

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    that's pretty rifuckulous
    Worchester, MA is pronounced "Wooster."

Chili, NY is pronounced "Chye-lye."

Thanatos on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    whoa

modern marvels: sticky stuff

vhb tape holds skyscraper facades together

skippydumptruck on
  • Willeh DeeWilleh Dee Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There needs to be another fat thread, but alas I am jailed.

Willeh Dee on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hello rum finally reaching my brain!

Quid on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    that's pretty rifuckulous
    Worchester, MA is pronounced "Wooster."

Chili, NY is pronounced "Chye-lye."

worchester is a english thing, so at least you're pronouncing it the way the natives would

Medopine on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Sarksus, do I just not have the right parts yet or is jumping just a bad idea in custom robo? It seems to make me so vulnerable.

Jumping, also called air-dashing, is a bad idea depending on which chassis you are using. Different chassis allow you to air-dash a varying number of times. Air dashing can allow you to move around the arena quickly but you are very vulnerable when you descend and especially when you land. There are chassis and parts that make air-dashing less dangerous.

Many of the chassis rely on air-dashing. For example, the Strike Vanisher disappears each time it air dashes. It relies on its unpredictability in order to gain an advantage against its opponent so you can't not air-dash. Other chassis are best played from the air, so you will be air-dashing quite a lot in order to maintain your position above your opponent. The Old Timer chassis can air-dash as many as six times, I believe. Other robos only air-dash intermittently. For example, my robo, a Little Sprinter, is best on the ground where it is very fast and agile. Air-dashing would make my Little Sprinter vulnerable and it's not very fast in comparison to the Little Sprinter's ground speed.

Regarding parts, there are leg parts that minimize the time it takes your robo to recover when it lands, allowing it to evade any attacks that might be coming more easily.

Sarksus on
    edited May 2009
    I am really liking my new gig at the big Em-Dolla but the constant free access to all manner of caffeinated beverages is taking its toll.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Willeh Dee wrote: »
    Because of that thread. You probably don't need another one.

Quid on
    edited May 2009
    huh those shoes have rock climbing rubber for soles

:|

skippydumptruck on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    custom robo?

That game is like half of why I can't get mad at VC. <3

Incenjucar on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus, do I just not have the right parts yet or is jumping just a bad idea in custom robo? It seems to make me so vulnerable.

Jumping, also called air-dashing, is a bad idea depending on which chassis you are using. Different chassis allow you to air-dash a varying number of times. Air dashing can allow you to move around the arena quickly but you are very vulnerable when you descend and especially when you land. There are chassis and parts that make air-dashing less dangerous.

Many of the chassis rely on air-dashing. For example, the Strike Vanisher disappears each time it air dashes. It relies on its unpredictability in order to gain an advantage against its opponent so you can't not air-dash. Other chassis are best played from the air, so you will be air-dashing quite a lot in order to maintain your position above your opponent. The Old Timer chassis can air-dash as many as six times, I believe. Other robos only air-dash intermittently. For example, my robo, a Little Sprinter, is best on the ground where it is very fast and agile. Air-dashing would make my Little Sprinter vulnerable and it's not very fast in comparison to the Little Sprinter's ground speed.

Regarding parts, there are leg parts that minimize the time it takes your robo to recover when it lands, allowing it to evade any attacks that might be coming more easily.

<3<3<3

Inquisitor on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A Custom Robo game on the Wii would make me turn the console on again, but it would have to use the Gamecube controller.

Sarksus on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I hate girls who refuse to say anything that might make someone feel bad because it makes them impossible to read.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited May 2009
    Also, I've been reading Dune yet again on the bus which usually puts me in a weird mood at the best of times.

It's really a shame how Herbert totally went off the rails later in that series. Not suprising if you've read most of his other books - they are really uneven as well.

Really the best stuff is the setting.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I can never find nice looking shoes. Damn wide feet.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A Custom Robo game on the Wii would make me turn the console on again, but it would have to use the Gamecube controller.

It would make me steal my brothers Wii.

Inquisitor on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

haha that's funny

Casual Eddy on
    edited May 2009
    Maybe a thread about how Christian Republicians make people fat... somehow? With their Bible Rays or something?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited May 2009
    I hate girls who refuse to say anything that might make someone feel bad because it makes them impossible to read.

Someone trying to hide something from you or someone else?

Incenjucar on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    Strangers in [chat]! Strangers in [chat]!

*hide*

Organichu on
    edited May 2009

What you're saying is you want to be jailed more? We don't need no fat thread for that.

Kagera on
    edited May 2009

This kind of thing is part of why so many people buy RPG books but never actually play the game.

Incenjucar on
    edited May 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

When people from our class are around I feel like she wishes I would go away, when we're the only ones from our class around I feel like she wishes I wouldn't go away. I have no idea what to do with this so I just do my job as best I can and try to ignore it and vent at random strangers on the intertrons so that it can't come back on me.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited May 2009
    2nd pair of shoes bought

I need to go read a book or something

skippydumptruck on
    edited May 2009

This kind of thing is part of why so many people buy RPG books but never actually play the game.

Well, to be fair, everything in book 1 ("Dune" is split into two books like the Lord of the Rings volumes) until the last chapter is essentially "setting".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    I gots da hiccups.

Organichu on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

It's French :P

James on
    edited May 2009
    ViolentChemistry on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Strangers in [chat]! Strangers in [chat]!

*hide*

You bitch you abandoned me!

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
    edited May 2009

When people from our class are around I feel like she wishes I would go away, when we're the only ones from our class around I feel like she wishes I wouldn't go away. I have no idea what to do with this so I just do my job as best I can and try to ignore it and vent at random strangers on the intertrons so that it can't come back on me.

It's possible that there is a third option here that is causing what I assume is an agitated state. It can be dangerous to make assumptions about a person's behavior. Perhaps she prefers you in isolation or as an exception and isn't comfortable with a mixed dynamic, or perhaps THEY are the issue and not you, or a dozen other possibilities. Try not to assume the worst.

Incenjucar on
    edited May 2009

VC, are you 15? Because you sound like 15 right now.

Kagera on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I mean christ don't you guys call them freedom fries now?

James on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I can never find nice looking shoes. Damn wide feet.

it took me a second to realize that the little display stand thing wasn't some kind of bizarre design/"performance" heel

SaraLuna on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

that doesn't seem to be a terribly healthy way to approach the situation, but that's me.
    have you tried asking for clarification or testing obvious cues to see how she responds?
    it seems to me based only on these posts that she might be shy about advertising to classmates that she might be interested in you, not that she is embarrassed by you.

tapeslinger on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This Jump Leads script I'm working on is, I think, brilliant. First thing I've written in days that I'm happy with.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    edited May 2009
    Kagera wrote: »

VC, are you 15? Because you sound like 15 right now.

So what's the answer, genius?

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.