As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Perfect [Chat]ters

1414243444547»

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok guys I'm bored I'm going to do a photoswap scavenger hunt

I need like 5-7 things to find

deadonthestreet on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    "In the scene where Pepper discovers Tony removing the damaged Iron Man armor, you can clearly see Captain America's shield partially constructed on a workbench. This same scene was shown in many trailers, but the image of the shield was edited out."

man I remember the controversy about this in the thread haha
    That'd be pretty great.

Quid on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    "To prepare for his role as Obadiah Stane, Jeff Bridges read some of the "Iron Man" comic books that featured Stane. He also grew a goatee and shaved his head, which he said was something he'd always wanted to do."

heh

Medopine on
    edited May 2009
    Also I am playing photoswap hangman and losing

deadonthestreet on
    edited May 2009
    "As a tribute to Howard Hughes, who inspired Iron Man, production was mainly based in the former Hughes Company soundstages in Playa Vista. The scene where the Iron Man Mark III armor was created was filmed in the area where Hughes assembled the H-4 Hercules airplane (better known as “The Spruce Goose”)."

cool

Medopine on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I feel like I'm sitting in the theater waiting for a movie to start and you're the screen, Medo

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok guys, I need help. Two idiots have both posted normally ok emails with the same "look at me I'm responsible" but completely wrong or redundant bit at the bottom. What should I "Reply All" with that burns them without making me look hostile?

"That's what she said."
    GOD DAMNIT. Why didn't you post this like, 3 minutes ago!

Because of vigilantes.

ViolentChemistry on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I hate girls who refuse to say anything that might make someone feel bad because it makes them impossible to read.

Someone trying to hide something from you or someone else?

When people from our class are around I feel like she wishes I would go away, when we're the only ones from our class around I feel like she wishes I wouldn't go away. I have no idea what to do with this so I just do my job as best I can and try to ignore it and vent at random strangers on the intertrons so that it can't come back on me.

that doesn't seem to be a terribly healthy way to approach the situation, but that's me.
    have you tried asking for clarification or testing obvious cues to see how she responds?
    it seems to me based only on these posts that she might be shy about advertising to classmates that she might be interested in you, not that she is embarrassed by you.

Made a point not to get her number early on so I couldn't drunk-dial her and make working for her awkward, but there's no more work to be done so I might e-mail her tomorrow if I don't convince myself that that's too creepy and opt to just not do anything since we're both graduating anyway.

she's likely to see you in a more professional than personal light then...
    emailing someone you could talk to on the phone is less personal than phoning them, phoning someone you could see in person is less personal than talking to them in person.

as for "we're both graduating anyway," is that code for something
    because last I checked there are at least a few people on earth who keep in touch with other people they met in college. Admittedly that requires effort and gauging by the train of thought I have seen here alone I expect that idea to be met with still more excuses (you might call them reasons, but they're not. :))

tapeslinger on
    edited May 2009
    Just before the final press conference, Tony Stark is reading the newspaper with a grainy, amateur photograph of Ironman on the cover. The picture is part of a video, shot by onlookers hiding in a bush during initial filming, that appeared on the Internet in 2007.

Medopine on
    edited May 2009
    Just before the final press conference, Tony Stark is reading the newspaper with a grainy, amateur photograph of Ironman on the cover. The picture is part of a video, shot by onlookers hiding in a bush during initial filming, that appeared on the Internet in 2007.
    That's neat.

Quid on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    I hate girls who refuse to say anything that might make someone feel bad because it makes them impossible to read.

When people from our class are around I feel like she wishes I would go away, when we're the only ones from our class around I feel like she wishes I wouldn't go away. I have no idea what to do with this so I just do my job as best I can and try to ignore it and vent at random strangers on the intertrons so that it can't come back on me.

VC, are you 15? Because you sound like 15 right now.

So what's the answer, genius?

Stop worrying about what she what she wishes over what you wish and be more blunt and if she can't deal then downgrade her to semi-friend status and find a more compatible option.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    That's neat.
    It is.

Oh, and I'm gonna be buying my ticket this weekend.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    That's neat.
    It is.

Hi5. We're gonna start looking at hotels to reserve. Do you know where you're staying yet?

Quid on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009

that doesn't seem to be a terribly healthy way to approach the situation, but that's me.
    have you tried asking for clarification or testing obvious cues to see how she responds?
    it seems to me based only on these posts that she might be shy about advertising to classmates that she might be interested in you, not that she is embarrassed by you.

Made a point not to get her number early on so I couldn't drunk-dial her and make working for her awkward, but there's no more work to be done so I might e-mail her tomorrow if I don't convince myself that that's too creepy and opt to just not do anything since we're both graduating anyway.

emailing someone you could talk to on the phone is less personal than phoning them, phoning someone you could see in person is less personal than talking to them in person.

because last I checked there are at least a few people on earth who keep in touch with other people they met in college. Admittedly that requires effort and gauging by the train of thought I have seen here alone I expect that idea to be met with still more excuses (you might call them reasons, but they're not. :))

Yeah, but since I don't have her number I can't call her, and I forgot to try to get it from her when we were all leaving after the last newscast.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited May 2009
    That's neat.
    It is.

Hi5. We're gonna start looking at hotels to reserve. Do you know where you're staying yet?

celery's floor, most likely.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Well then clearly we're coming out ahead in this game.

Quid on
    edited May 2009
    I lost at hangman :(

deadonthestreet on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

VC, are you 15? Because you sound like 15 right now.

So what's the answer, genius?

Stop worrying about what she what she wishes over what you wish and be more blunt and if she can't deal then downgrade her to semi-friend status and find a more compatible option.
    This is the correct option.

electricitylikesme on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am listening to a non-divisive musical act.

I'm just bullshitting you, I'm listening to Radiohead.

Gim on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So I think tomorrow I will send in an application for being a Video Game Tester. Both a new high and a new low for me. :P

Incenjucar on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gim wrote: »

For a moment I thought you were listening to Wyld Stallyns.

James on
    edited May 2009
    edited May 2009
    During the chase scene, when the Joker takes over driving the semi after his driver is killed, you can clearly see the bullet holes on the windshield form a smiley face.

Medopine on
    edited May 2009
    James wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »

For a moment I thought you were listening to Wyld Stallyns.

I dunno, I still think those movies oversold what that musical duo was going to become. That's kind of divisive.

Gim on
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That's neat.
    It is.

celery's floor, most likely.

Elki. ELKI. Don't buy new matching rings with Quid. Make him split a BFF necklace with you.

radroadkill on
    edited May 2009

I knew it. Women are behind EVERYTHING!

Kagera on
    edited May 2009
    Is it good or bad that I keep wanting to butt into the conversations around me?

Incenjucar on
    edited May 2009
    Elki. ELKI. Don't buy new matching rings with Quid. Make him split a BFF necklace with you.

But how will they activiate their powers?

Incenjucar on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    OremLK wrote: »
    I feel like I'm sitting in the theater waiting for a movie to start and you're the screen, Medo

she's far more varied. I don't get why they don't fucking add more trivia before movies. it's torture.

it's not like it's hard to find tons of great trivia.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Yeah, but since I don't have her number I can't call her, and I forgot to try to get it from her when we were all leaving after the last newscast.

ah for some reason your tone suggested to me that you got her number *eventually.*

this one's pretty damn easy then, email her "ha, silly me, we were in such a hurry to leave that I forgot to get your number!..." you get the idea. be personal but not too personal-- it's easy to be classy about it if you don't overthink it. Man up, as they say. And act fast, it's just awkward when you sit on it for too long.
    Emo guys who dwell on it do not get the girl.

tapeslinger on
    edited May 2009
    Is it good or bad that I keep wanting to butt into the conversations around me?

It's good for socializing, it's bad if it's mostly just to say "You are fucking idiots."

Or maybe that's good too, kind of a way to vent.

Just hope they don't have a love of violence.

People say you should mind your own business. I say 'fuck that noise you need to check yoself before you wreck yoself foo'!'

Kagera on
    edited May 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »

she's far more varied. I don't get why they don't fucking add more trivia before movies. it's torture.

it's not like it's hard to find tons of great trivia.

At the risk of seeming unpopular...

OTM SHANK

Gim on
    edited May 2009
    And act fast, it's just awkward when you sit on it for too long.
    Emo guys who dwell on it do not get the girl.

This.

Take initiative and just do it.

Incenjucar on
    edited May 2009
    Gim's.

20050114h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    I have something that will pierce your neck, commandeer your nervous system and shape your will.

Resident Evil 4 needs no media advocate. A recent addition to the most famous horror series ever, it was also one of the hotly anticipated "Capcom Five." People have been waiting for it years now, since that first video with the flowing silk, and every game in the series has been re-released on the Cube in preparation. The game is actually kind of frustrating, in the same way that Crystal Chronicles is frustrating - and I'm not referring to the gameplay, so close your mail client. When someone actually yokes the Gamecube and turns it to some prodigious task, it's capable of the most astonishing feats. Nintendo themselves tend to marshal its power mostly in the service of some cartoon ideal, and it is more than capable in that regard - but to say that it is the most underutilized system ever is to make an unassailable statement of pure truth.

Features and feature alterations to the Resident Evil formula are fairly well publicized now, but one of the most significant is that there are actually stores. When I say Stores, I mean some kind of weird leper guy, but he has things for you to buy and that's really the only prerequisite. We screw around with it in the strip itself, but honestly we're enraptured with the idea - enmeshed in that concept is also the very RPG notion of weapon upgrades and configurations, and the Diablo style grid inventory even allows for some item juggling. For example, in a backpack that already had an arsenal and the ammunition to realize any number of grim workplace fantasies, with careful manipulation I was also able to find room for a gigantic black bass. I was not consciously aware that what I really wanted from Resident Evil was the ability to cleverly store my seafood. After I'd done it, I felt warm all over for an hour.

I hope that you are reading the post on some kind of portable device, en route to a retail outlet, because I only have one more tip and it will only take a second. Resident Evil taught us to cherish each special bullet because they are Super Rare, rare like gems. So when playing the game initially, I was very circumspect with my action instincts because I knew Capcom was waiting for me to run out of ammo so they could screw me with some mutant dong. What you will find out right away is that Capcom, the same Capcom that made you run around a single house for hours and go back and forth between boxes, doesn't want you to be frustrated or bored or ineffectual. Not only are bullets all over the place anyway, the guys you shoot with the bullets often drop bullets themselves. You're supposed to get into big, setpiece style gunfights and emerge victorious.

Imagine that.

(CW)TB out.

we never did too much talking anyway

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.