As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Obsolete Fallout thread - go to the new one!

freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jonesand his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
edited November 2009 in Games and Technology
Download the GECK mod tools today!

Here's a set of tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethesdaGameStudios

So Fallout 3 is out now. People have a lot of questions about it. In fact, people keep asking the same questions over and over again. I figure I might as well answer them here, and direct people to this post.

But this thread isn't just about Fallout 3, even though it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. We also cater to the retro crowd of Fallout and Fallout 2. I'll split this into two parts, then.

Fallout Classic!
What is a Fallout, you ask? Only the best turn-based post-apocalyptic RPG released in the 1990s!

Fallout 1 follows the exploits of the Vault Dweller as he journeys through the wastes in search of a water chip for his Vault. Without it, everyone in the Vault will surely die. On the way, he encounters radscorpions, deathclaws, gigantic rats, hideously mutated mutants, ghouls, super mutants and, arguably the most horrible of all, the dreaded Iguana on a Stick. Hint: It's not made out of Iguana.

Fallout 2 begins 80 years after the end of the original Fallout, and a direct descendant of the original Vault Dweller heads out into the wastes to save his village once again.

"But how do I get this wonderful game?" you ask.

There are a couple of ways. First, you can probably find a box verson on Amazon or eBay or something. Second, www.gog.com has 1 & 2 for the low, low price of $6 each. GameTap has Fallout 1 on its free list, and Fallout 2 is on the paid subscription plan. Fallout Tactics is also coming soon. The caveat with GameTap is that you can't install mods, no matter how hard you might want to. If you prefer to play an unmodded experience, then by all means go get it today. *Note: only in North America. Sorry Euroguys.

The Fallout Tutorial!
If you're brand new to Fallout, check here first. This will get you on your feet.
First, you can right-click on your "weapon" button to change modes. The one with a little target on it means you are now in "called shot" mode. You can aim for specific body parts, and if you knock them hard enough it'll cripple the enemy. Aim for the eyes, and their PE goes down as well as their chance of hitting you. The arms, they'll drop their weapons. Legs, they can't move as fast (like, one or two tiles per turn). If you make a critical shot to the groin, they'll fall over and lie prone for a turn, giving you a 95% hit chance on the entire body (except maybe eyes, depending on your skill). If you nail them in the head, human enemies will get knocked unconscious, but creatures (such as radscorpions) just get mad. Burst mode, available on some weapon models, means you fire a bunch of ammo at once. Use it at close range and it will decimate enemies. Longer range means more bullets will miss and it's not as effective. Also, your NPCs can and will do this while you're close and kill you or your friends, so be wary of giving NPCs SMGs. Third mode is reload, pretty self-explanatory.

The buttons that control turn-based combat are on the right side of the interface. "Turn" ends your turn, and "CMBT" ends combat. Pretty simple, right? You can speed this up by using hotkeys, spacebar for Turn and Enter for combat.

There are a couple of different cursor modes you can cycle through by right-clicking. The red hexagon moves your character to that location. In combat, the number inside the red shape is how many AP you spend moving there. The crosshair is to attack enemies, and the number is your hit chance %. The arrow lets you interact with things and people, and if you click on something and hold the button and then move your mouse, you get additional options. The Pip-Boy icon lets you use skills, like Steal or Repair. The bag lets you use an inventory item on or with the selected item. I think there's an eye icon to examine the person or thing. There might be one or two more that are self-explanatory. In Fallout 2, there's a hand icon when you're next to an NPC to push them out of the way. Additionally, if you get stuck by a non-moving member of your party in Fallout 1, try talking to them about changing tactics and then change the follow distance to close and move around a little.

After you get an NPC, you're going to want to manage their inventory, changing weapons and giving them ammo. This is easy in Fallout 2, but not in Fallout 1. To put stuff in, just barter with them, but to take stuff out you have to steal it. Don't worry about your steal skill, they won't catch you no matter how bad you are at it and there's no other way to get equipment out. You can also plant stuff on them from this screen, but it's not as good as barter because I don't think they take weight into consideration when you barter things to them. Some of these problems might be addressed by the Fallout companion mod, but I haven't used it so I can't comment.

There are two little red buttons on your interface. One of them opens the Skilldex, where you can use your various skills like sneak, first aid, doctor, etc., and the other one is less obvious. This switches between your active hands. There are two places in your inventory where you can equip items, your left and your right hand. Put a weapon in one and a tool or something harmless in the other, and when someone asks you to holster your weapon (in town, for example), just hit that little red button and nobody's angry anymore. What's useful about this feature is that you can use it in battle without using AP, so if you want to use a sniper rifle for long range and a shotgun for close range, just put them in different hands and switch back and forth as needed.

Every action in battle per turn takes a certain number of Action Points (referenced above). Moving, firing, accessing your inventory, only so much can be done per turn, and this is determined by your AP. Certain perks and traits can change the amount used, but the number you start with is determined by your AGI. The number of action points remaining in your turn is denoted by the green lights above your weapon button. Ten lights, ten AP left. Note that it is possible to go over 10 AP, the lights just won't decrease until you're under 10.

If you find yourself stuck somewhere and everything is closed, it's dark and you just need time to pass, hit Z. It'll bring up your alarm clock and you can rest for however long you want.

That's all I can think of. If anybody has any more questions I'll answer them and put them in here for future reference. Hope it helps.

Fallout Patches

Even though a lot of us might not like the NMA guys, they know their Fallout mods and their patches fix bugs and things that should have been in the game in the first place. Some people like their games buggy, I like my game fixed. If you prefer the classic experience, you can skip these. I recommend it, personally.
  1. Fallout Children Patch (for GOG users / 1.2 European version)
  2. Fallout 1.2 Patch (optional if you have GOG, I think)
  3. Fallout 1.3.4 Patch
  4. Fallout Resolution Patch
  5. Fallout companion patch
  6. Fallout engine tweaks

Here's all of the mods in a single, easy pack: Fallout Patches Download *Note, this pack doesn't include the children patch. Installing all of these together shouldn't cause issues, but if you have some, I'll investigate a fix and put a warning in here.

Fallout 2 list:
  1. Children Patch (1.2/GOG versions)
  2. Unofficial Patch w/Installer
  3. Resolution Patch
  4. Fallout 2 Restoration Project (with installer)

Fallout 3: The New Fallout. Same great Fallout taste, brand new formula!

Hacking!
When you enter the Hacking minigame, you'll get a screen filled with words and random characters. The goal is to guess the correct word, and it plays out like a game of Mastermind. Pick a word, and the system will tell you how many letters in that word are in the same place as the target word. For instance, if you pick "Meaning" and the word is "Fucking" (for example), you would get 3/7 correct for the "ing" part. There are hidden character sets, delinated by {} <> () on a single line in that order, but there may be characters in between them like {$#$#&%}. Click on one of these when the whole sequence is highlighted and you'll get more password guesses or a dud will be removed from the screen. If you get down to one attempt left and there are no hidden character sequences, and you're not sure you can guess correctly, just cancel out with B and try again. You get a fresh puzzle, but you also get all your guesses back.

Hey, where's the instruction book?
If you're borrowing the game or it's a rental, you might not have the manual for this game. Fear not, Steam will provide!
http://store.steampowered.com/manual/22300/

Holstering and the Pip-Boy Light!
To holster your weapon, hold down reload (X on 360, R on PC, [] on PS3). To turn on the light on your Pip-Boy 3000, hold down the Pip-Boy button (B on 360, Tab on PC, probably O on PS3).

Repairing Items
In order to repair an item and improve its CND, you need two things: a high enough repair skill to repair an item past its current CND, and another item to scavenge for parts. Say you have two 10mm pistols at 25%. Select one, hit Y (or Triangle for PS3, I guess. I don't know the PC button, it's probably in the manual). Then select the one you want to scavenge for parts, they'll get combined together and the CND will go up, more damage, etc.

Note that you don't need an exact item to use for parts. The unique versions of weapons can be upgraded with the regular version - the Lincoln's Repeater can be repaired with the Hunting Rifle, the A3-21 Plasma Rifle can be repaired with the regular plasma rifle, etc. If you have one of those special weapons, try repairing it and you might have the right piece to use for parts. There's always a cap to which you can repair something (determined by your repair skill), so if you have two 50% guns you might not be able to combine them together. The resulting CND would be higher than the CND you can repair to.

Hotkeys and You!
To set a hotkey for an item in your inventory, on PC press a number key and then click on the item. On console, hold down RB or R1 and hit a direction on your d-pad while the item is selected. Whoever told me you don't need to hold down RB, you're a dirty liar.

In-Game frequently asked questions

I want to explore the Wasteland, but I don't want to skip any of the story!
There are a couple of places you should avoid in general exploration if you move away from the story quest. I'll be vague, but just don't go to these places or talk to these people until you get to that point in the main quest.
*GNR Radio
*Dr. Li in Rivet City
*Vault 112
*Jefferson Memorial Rotunda - specifically, don't pick up the data tapes next to the big machine.

Housing
There is a very easy way to get a house early in the game. Just go to Megaton, and either defuse or detonate the bomb. You'll need an Explosives skill of at least 25 to interact with the bomb. If you're not skilled enough, just pop a Mentat. The Sheriff in Megaton will give you a key and a deed to a house there, or Burke will give you an apartment in Tenpenny Tower. If the Sheriff is dead, his son will give you the key and deed. If Burke is dead, there's no way to get a reward for blowing up Megaton. The game tells you this with a pop-up dialog box.
Where the Fuck is the Family?!
Go to the metro station that Evan sends you to. Talk to the ghoul, and he tells you they're somewhere east, or you can take the tunnel to get farther into their compound. If you go overland, you can save a hostage and fight some super mutants near a burned-out church. If you go underground, there are two Mirelurks (crab people) waiting for you. I prefer the Mirelurks, as you can just drop a bottlecap mine in front of each one and they go down in one hit. There are a couple sitting around in the Super-Duper Mart. After you get through the underground tunnels, you'll come up in another part of the subway. This place is FULL of traps, proximity mines and pressure plates and tripwires galore. Take it slow, save before you attempt it, and you'll be OK. Just pay attention.
Where's Dogmeat?
He's in the Scrapyard. If you want to find it yourself, without resoting to the map:
First, talk to one of the caravans that passes through Megaton, and get them to talk about the Canterbury Commons. Head up to the Meresti train station, directly east of the Metro station with the ghouls that want Sugar Bombs, and put your marker on Canterbury Commons. Go there in a straight line, and you'll stumble across the Scrapyard.

Otherwise, you can just look at the big Fallout map at the bottom of the post.

Dogmeat is here, defending himself against three raiders. Kill them and he's yours.
How do I get into Rivet City? There's no bridge!

Okay, this isn't so frequently asked and it's not a spoiler, but I had trouble with it the first time I went. Climb up that building with the stairs on it that appear to lead nowhere, and at the top (next to the poor guy who needs water) there's an intercom. Click it, and Harkness will send the bridge over for you.

How do I get into the broken-off bow in Rivet City?
There's an entrance underwater to the left of that locked door. Go through it, through a couple more underwater rooms, and you should come up into air. Don't forget to hit the switch to unlock the door, and go see Pinkerton. WARNING: He does not want to be found. His place is booby-trapped to hell and back. Move slow and pay attention.
List of Bobbleheads, via Vault wiki
SPECIAL - increases each stat by one
* Strength - Megaton - Lucas Simms' House. On desk in the second most bedroom on the second floor.
* Perception - Republic of Dave - Museum of Dave
* Endurance - Deathclaw Sanctuary - Deathclaw Sanctuary Entrance
* Charisma - Vault 108 - Cloning Lab
* Intelligence - Rivet City - Science Lab. On one of the desks in the center of the lab.
* Agility - Greener Pastures Disposal - Office
* Luck - Arlington Cemetery North - Arlington House

Skills

will increase skill stat by 10 points.

* Barter - Evergreen Mills - Market Bazaar - In a dark cave-nook, in the corner of the room to the right of Smiling Jack (trader). Jump over the work bench, it's on the right-most shelves.
* Big Guns - Fort Constantine - CO Quarters
* Energy Weapons - Raven Rock - Sector 2B
* Explosives - WKML Broadcast Station - Sealed Cistern
* Lockpick - Bethesda Ruins - Bethesda Offices East on a desk with an active lamp.
* Medicine - Vault 101 - Dad's desk. It can be obtained before you take your G.O.A.T., during your escape from the vault or during your brief (optional) return to Vault 101.
* Melee Weapons - Dunwich Building - Virulent Underchamber
* Repair - Arefu - Evan King's House
* Science - Vault 106 - Living Quarters
* Small Guns - National Guard Depot - National Guard Armory: sitting on a shelf in the sealed storage room in the basement.
* Sneak - Yao Guai Tunnels - Yao Guai Den
* Speech - Paradise Falls - Eulogy's pad
* Unarmed - Rockopolis

Unique Weapons
These are better versions of weapons you find in the Wasteland
1. "Stabhappy" Combat Knife: Random encounter with raiders
2. "Firelance" Alien Blaster: Random encounter, UFO crash
3. "Vengeance" Gatling Laser: Deatchclaw Sanctuary
4. "Jack" Ripper: Deathclaw Sanctuary
5. "Reservist's Rifle" Sniper Rifle: Dickerson Tabernacle Chamber
6. "Board of Education" nailboard: Clifftop Shacks
7. Mesmetron: Paradise Falls
8. "The Break" Pool Cue: Paradise Falls
9. "Fisto!" Power Fist: MDPL-13 Power Station
10. "Ol' Painless" Hunting Rifle: Republic of Dave
11. Fawkes' Super Sledge: Vault 87
12. "Wazer Wifle" Laser Rifle: Little Lamplight
13. "Occam's Razor" Combat Knife: Fort Bannister
14. "Victory Rifle" Sniper Rifle: Abandoned Shack (north of Rockbreaker's gas station)
15. "Vampire's Edge" Chinese Sword: Merseti Trainyard
16. "Blawkhawk" Scoped .44 Magnum: Agatha's House
17. "Xaunlong" Assult Rifle: Jury St. Metro Station
18. "Ant's Sting" Knife: Antagonizer's Lair
19. "Highwayman's Friend" Tire Iron: Canterbury Commons
20. "Protectron's Gaze" Laser Pistol: Canterbury Commons
21. "Experimental MIRV" Fat Man: National Guard Depot
22. The Terrible Shotgun: Evergreen Mills
23. "The Kneecapper" Sawed Off Shotgun: Girdershade
24. "Butche's Toothpick" Switchblade: Vault 101
25. "Miss Launcher" Missle Launcher: Fort Independence
26. "The Tenderizer" Sledgehammer: Anchorage Memorial
27. "Smuggler's End" Laser Pistol: The Citadel
28. Colonel Autumn's 10mm Pistol: Jefferson Memorial (What's the point of including this weapon?)
29. A3-21's Plasma Rifle: Rivet City
30. Lincoln's Repeater: Museum of History
31. Sidney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG: National Archives
32. "Eugene" Minigun: Reilly's Rangers Compound
33. "Zhu-Rong v418" Chinese Pistol: LOB Enterprises
34. "Burnmaster" Flamer: Franklin Metro Utility
35. "The Shocker" Power Fist: Flooded Metro

Huge gigantic awesome map with lots and lots of locations - if not all of them - filled in. Spoilers, obviously, for people who like to explore on their own.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images//d/d6/Wastelandmap.png

Here's another map that's a little different, but probably just as good. Shows bobbleheads, too.

http://crasheras.awardspace.com/fo3m.swf

Complete list of schematic locations - it's a little messy, I might post it in here and clean it up a little later.
http://www.madnesswithoutmethod.com/2008/11/fallout-3-weapon-schematics-guide-info-locations-map/

A list of stuff you'll need throughout the course of the game - if you see any of these, pick them up and save them for later. If I missed anything, feel free to PM me.
Shishkebab
Lawnmower blade
Motorcycle gas tank
Motorcycle handbrake
Pilot light

Railway Rifle

Fission Battery
Steam Gauge Assembly
Pressure Cooker
Crutch

Deathclaw Gauntlet
Wonderglue
Medical Brace
Deathclaw Hand
Leather Belt

Dart Gun
Paint Gun
Toy Car
Surgical Tubing
Radscorpion Poison Gland

Rock-It Launcher
Vacuum Cleaner
Leaf Blower
Firehose Nozzle
Conductor

Bottlecap Mine
Sensor Module
Lunchbox
Cherry Bomb
Bottlecapx10

Nuka Grenade
Nuka-Cola Quantum
Turpentine
Tin Can
Abraxo Cleaner

Pre-War Books
Nuka-Cola Quantum
Scrap Metal
Brotherhood of Steel Holotags
Lincoln-related stuff
Chinese Assault Rifle
Sensor Units
Power Armor
Energy Weapons
Sugar Bombs

Zen recommends PC mods!
Couscous wrote: »
Couscous wrote: »
What are some mods that are out?
Balance mods.

Want me to drum up some of the ones I use?

Sure.
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=547 VATS Normal Weapon Degradation
Normally in VATS your weapon degrades four times faster than normal. That's kinda dumb.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=161 VATS MCE
"VATS Manual Chance Evaluation is a slight revision of the standard VATS accuracy formula which will put a much greater emphasis on your weapon skill and the base accuracy of your chosen weapon rather than simply the distance to your target.
As a small bonus it will lower the VATS zoom factor and remove the nonsensical wear VATS used to apply to your weapon."

It basically allows you to use your Sniper Rifle in VATS as a fucking sniper rifle.

IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO BE HARDER
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=79 Made by our own Mumblyfish, STRANGER Mod

I don't think it's compatible with MCE, so don't use them together.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=311 "Smurf" Impact Physics Mod

Allows you to alter people flying around like ragdolls. I preferred the "real" setting.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=138 Falling Damage Mod

Now you don't die by falling a story!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=432 Hundred Fists
Because completely unarmed taking more AP than having spiked knuckles on is dumb.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43 MTUI
A much better and cleaner and bigger interface.

I also have some texture/armor mod things, but my 64-bit processor seems to dick with them.

DLC!
In short:
Go get The Pitt. You can skip Operation Anchorage if you don't feel like paying $10 for maybe four hours of shooting and not much else.

freakish light on

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    For your viewing pleasure I have gathered together all the mods recommended by PAers:
    I only copied / pasted the quotes, so if the descriptions for the mods are a little lacking just follow the link.

VATS Normal Weapon Degradation
    Normally in VATS your weapon degrades four times faster than normal. That's kinda dumb.

VATS MCE
    "VATS Manual Chance Evaluation is a slight revision of the standard VATS accuracy formula which will put a much greater emphasis on your weapon skill and the base accuracy of your chosen weapon rather than simply the distance to your target.
    As a small bonus it will lower the VATS zoom factor and remove the nonsensical wear VATS used to apply to your weapon."

It basically allows you to use your Sniper Rifle in VATS as a fucking sniper rifle.

STRANGER Mod
    Made by our own Mumblyfish, don't think it's compatible with MCE, so don't use them together.

"Smurf" Impact Physics Mod
    Allows you to alter people flying around like ragdolls. I preferred the "real" setting.

Falling Damage Mod
    Now you don't die by falling a story!

Hundred Fists
    Because completely unarmed taking more AP than having spiked knuckles on is dumb.

MTUI
    A much better and cleaner and bigger interface.

Weapon Mod Kits.
    Allows you to mod your weapons.

GNR -- More Where That Came
    Even for people who aren't interested in running mods, this one is essential. It adds 100 more songs to GNR, songs that actually fit the game very well, not random shit. Check it out.

Lork's Sprint mod
    Awesome little mod. Very reminiscent of the sprite feature in Stalker.

Mart's Mutant Mod
    Good mod that does alot of stuff including added much needed variety to monsters and increasing spawns (optional). I am just going to include the description in spoiler tags.
    ::: Overview :::

This mod is a port of MMM from Oblivion to Fallout 3. It focuses on adding a huge range of diversity to creatures and NPCs in the Fallout 3 world as well as adding new and unique creatures and NPCs to encounter. The mod is broken down into a core base and a range of optional modules.

The key results the mod achieves are:

* Every creature and NPC is unique with its own stats, size, confidence, health, damage and even skin (texture)
    * Creatures and NPCs suffer improved wounding effects such as visible bleedng and statistic penalties
    * Creatures and NPCs can loot the corpses of fallen enemies, afterwhich you can find this loot if you kill them
    * Creatures and NPCs have improved behavioural AI based on class -- in any given group some may be aggressive towards you, some may be ambivalent, and others may avoid you outright.
    * Configurable increased spawns allow you tailor how many creatures and NPCs spawn in the game at any given spawn point
    * Improved faction system to better reflect inter-faction relations and ensure the player isn't the center of the universe
    * New creatures and NPCs to add variety to the wasteland -- all hand-crafted with their own stats, abilities, loot, weapons, textures and in some cases scripted AI behaviour.

Main features include:

:: Stat scaling

All creatures and NPCs have a sliding-scale random modified adjustment to their base values for STR, END, PER, INT, AGI, LUC, Speed and Health.

The adjustments range -3 to 3, with the following percentages: 30% no change, 30% -1/+1, 30% -2/+2, 10% -3/+3.

The exceptions are STR, END and Health values which are based on size (see next), as are loot drops for creatures (see below), where larger creatures are stronger, have more endurance, and more health.

:: Size scaling

Isn't it a little bit odd that all creatues and NPCs are identical in size? Indeed, so size scaling randomly adjusts size based off base value between a factor of +/- 20% for creatures, and +/- 12.5% for NPCs (though it's actually weighted -10% to +15%.). It's not quite a blanket rule -- Ghouls for example follow size scaling closer to NPCs, given they were formerely people.

As above, size is more than just visual variety -- it impacts the strength, endurance, and health. Larger creatures hit harder, and last longer.

:: Size based loot

Larger creatures will drop more meat, smaller ones less (or none at all). This may be expanded in future to include other types of loot.

:: Factions

A new faction system through the optional Natural Selection plugin ensures you're not always the center of the universe -- creatures and NPCs have foes they might consider more dangerous than you, and act accordingly.

Additionally a special No Attack faction protects Scavengers, their pets, and optionally traders (with the Tougher Traders) plugin from being attacked, without the need to mark them Essential (and thus prevent the player from killing them). It's also used for special creatures in the mod, such as the passive Wasteland Scorpion and Corpse Flies being largely ignored in favour of bigger threats.

:: Behaviour AI

Why is it that most creatures and NPCs seem to be hostile, despite the fact that in order to survive a creature or NPC still needs to pick its fights (otherwise, how did it last this long?)

Changes to wildlife on a creature-by-creature basis reflect that not all MoleRats are suicidal, and even a Vicious Dog can have the sense to avoid a fight it's got no chance of winning. NPCs, as well, can have a greater sense of self-preservation but to a lesser degree than creatures and, as with size and stat scaling, the chances are randomised based off their base value -- so Raiders are more likely to turn tail and run than Outcast for example.

:: Diverse Creature Skins

Most creatures in Fallout 3 have only a single texture, making every creature a clone of the next. Diverse Creature Skins provides a range of texture variants for each and every creature, so when you encounter a pack of rabid, yet slightly cute, MoleRats they all look a little different. This is one of those features that sounds simple but makes a huge impact in-game.

These are some of the creatues and the number of variants in the mod:

* 3 Brahmin
    * 3 Radroach
    * 3 Deathclaw
    * 3 Giant Ant
    * 4 Molerat
    * 4 Yao Guai
    * 5 Centaur
    * 5 RadScorpion
    * 20 Feral Ghoul
    * 104 Supermutant

:: Diverse NPCs

Just like Diverse Creature Skins, the NPCs in the game also get some treatment. Mostly, and for the moment, this focuses on Raider diversity and includes 100 Raider variants all with new unique faces, hair, etc. Additionally, there are 12 variable tattoos styles which are mixed and matched across 28 different race variations.

The result is a much wider scope of Raider appearance you will encouter in the game, and greatly fleshes them out as a faction in the Wasteland.

:: New Creatures & NPCs

What's an MMM without new creatures and NPCs? Just to start, the first release of MMM for Fallout 3 will have:

* Supermutant Gargantuan -- the guy the Behemoth goes to when he runs home to mummy. You don't want to meet mummy. Really, seriously. What, you got a death wish? Ok...
    * Firelurk -- just when you thought the Mirelurks couldn't get any more dangerous, one of these brethren will show up. As the name suggests he's a Mirelurk, only he breathes fire... he also drops a unique loot: Firelurk Saliva. Hey, what do you think he's using for fuel?
    * Wasteland Scorpion -- first of many passive creatures. This is a small, loner creature (just like the real thing) which will avoid you if it can. It just wants to find a rock and live to see another day. Be kind, eh? Or not.
    * Wild Dog -- semi-passive wasteland scavenger. He's no friend to the Vicious Dogs, but he's not necessarily yours either. Push him into a corner and he'll fight, otherwise he'll probably leave you alone.
    * Night Ghouls -- You've heard reports of Ghouls roaming the wasteland at night, but you didn't believe them. You still won't... that is until you run into them first hand. They travel in packs, and see better in the dark than you too. Oh, for a bigger torch than the Pip-Boy...
    * Corpse Fly -- These little creatures have a chance to appear at a corpse after a number of hours. They are ignored by other creatures and NPCs and a non-hostile, though you can take pot-shots at them in VATS if you want to. They add a unique dynamic to the Fallout 3 world, where even the smallest creatures can be seen to scavenge...

Between size scaling, stat scaling, behaviour and diverse skins every creature you meet is literally unique. See a group of Vicious Dogs? Each one looks different, has its own temperament, has its own size, moves at its own speed, has its own endurance and health, and its own strength and damage. Fighting in the wasteland will never be the same, every encounter is unique!

:: Other features

* Night Ghouls that appear only at night, and are faster and stronger than normal Feral Ghouls
    * Wild Dogs and Wasteland Scorpions may appear at wasteland spawn points, and are generally passive
    * 3% chance of a special Supermutant spawn with muties, which includes 8 variant Behemoths and the Supermutant Gargantuan
    * A new food -- Radscorp Meat -- added to Radscorps. Afterall, you can eat pretty much everything else. It heals well but has high rads
    * Slightly reduced chance of Robots and Radscorps for wasteland spawn points
    * Evergreen Mills Behemoth replaced with Gargantuan (great in tandem with Increased Spawns)
    * Robots aren't included in stats/size/confidence scaling -- afterall, they are machines, produced identically off the production line
    * Corpse Flies may appear at corpses after a certain amount of time. They can be VATS targeted and killed, if you feel like some sharpshooting
    * GMSTs adjusted to extend corpse lifetime, the number of corpses before cleanup, and the number of actors able to be in combat at one time.
    * Centaur base size and hitpoints increased (more tweaks like this may follow, or other mods can adjust such factors)

::: Optional plugins :::

Naturally, MMMF3 comes with a range of plugins to add features or alter the operation of the mod. In this release you will find:

:: Increased Spawns

Both the Increased Spawns and Increased Increased Spawns modules enable the same functionality from the standalone MMMF3 - Increased Spawns mod you're probably already using.

If you currently use the standalone Increased Spawns the MMMF3 installation will overwrite this for you and replace it with the required module for MMMF3.

Increased Spawns adds 1-3 spawns per spawn point, while Increased Increased adds 2-5 per point. The feature is actually configurable, and you can set whatever range you want by editing either plugin and changing the MMMzIncreasedSpawnsMin and MMMzIncreasedSpawnsMax values.

For more information on how the plugin works, see the README - Increased Spawns file.

:: Zones Respawn

By default most areas, especially interiors, in Fallout 3 are marked as 'Never Resets' such that once you clear an area, it stays cleared. This module enables these areas to respawn, with the exception of areas which shouldn't, such as the Vaults and some areas related to the main quest line.

Note: This mod does not change or provide modules to change the amount of time before a cell 'resets', which defaults to 3 days. There are plenty of other mods to change this for you.

:: Feral Ghoul Rampage

For those zombie movie addicts, Feral Ghoul Rampage multiplies the volume of Feral Ghoul spanws by 5, on top of the result from Increased Spawns. So for example if you are using Increase Spanws instead of 1-3 Feral Ghouls you will see 5-15 at any Feral Ghoul Spawn point. If you load this with Increased Increased spawns, make sure you're packing nukes!

[:: Wounding Effects ] -- in development

While crippling works quite well in Fallout 3, does it make sense that a SuperMutant near death is able to swing his nailboard as hard as when he first met you?

With wounding, pentalties are applied against certain statistics the more wounded they become -- badly wounded enemies will hit with less damage, aim less accurately, and move slower.

Bleeding effects will add spurting blood to wounded creatures and NPCs which starts midly and increases as they become more wounded.

:: Natural Selection

Author: ACE

While some factions behave as you would expect in Fallout 3, many others don't. Natural Selection ensures creatures and NPCs properly attack or ignore foes logically based on type, as well as ensure the PC isn't the centre of the universe -- tired of a dog thinking you're the most dangerous creature in the universe while a SuperMutant bears down on you both? Not anymore!

Thanks to ACE for working with me on this and creating the plugin.

:: Tougher Traders

By default MMMF3 will automatically protect Scavengers from being beat-up on by the local wildlife, while still enabling them to be killed by the player, and the same is true of Traders if you load this plugin. Traders were made optional for this protection so that you can use mods like Roadwarden where you play quests to protect Traders from attack. If you don't want Traders getting killed off mid-game, load this.

:: Hunting & Looting

The Wasteland is a dangerous place where resources are sparse -- so why do NPCs like Raiders kill a foe and just leave all that good loot lying around? With this plugin creatures & NPCs will loot the corpses of fallen foes, taking what they can. If you then kill them, you will find this loot on their corpse. This can include weapons, ammo, armour, food, and drugs.

This adds much more than a simple dynamic to the game. NPCs for example may pick up extra weapons to use as a backup, or find more stimpacks to heal themselves. When you find an NPC, he could well be using a weapon he looted from the corpse of a foe further down the road.

Note: In the Beta only NPCs are included. Additionally, in Fallout 3 currently (as I may be able to fudge this) NPCs only pickup weapon types they don't currently have. For example if they have a ranged weapon but no melee weapons, they may pickup a baseball bat but ignore a gun. They also can't pickup equipped items on corpses, a limitation carried over from Oblivion. For this reason you'll find grenades, food, drugs, etc looted more often than weapons and armor (maybe this a good thing we don't want to change, leaving you to get them).

:: No Corpse Flies

A simple plugin to prevent Corpse Flies from appearing at Corpses after a number of hours, as they can have a performance impact. That said Corpse Flies have been significantly enahnced since the Alpha, now coming with a unique texture, optimised model, optimised code, and reduced numbers.

BlackWolf Backpack.
    Not only does it allow you to carry either an extra 35lbs or 50lbs, but the backpack itself looks so right on my character.

Welcome to the Wasteland.
    It changes a number of things in the game making it a bit harder. Stimpacks and ammo are much more expensive, food will be your primary source of health (luckily the food itself heals for a lot more), radiation is a hell of a lot more dangerous, everything has more weight to it so whenever you go out scaving you need to be more careful about what you take, and it does a multitude of other things. This mod coupled with Mart Mutant Mod has made the Waste much more interesting and dangerous.

Crysis Armor
    3365-1-1233278006.jpg

Classic Fallout Weapons
    I have my trusty 14mm Pistol, all the super mutants carry Vindicator miniguns, the Brotherhood carry Wattz Laser pistols and rifles, raiders have cattle prods (which I could live without truth be told).

Darnified UI
    A very good UI mod.

Phalanx Companion Module
    This is a companion mod I use. Some highlights of the mod are:

- Recruit as many followers as you want
    - No Karma requirement for all but 3 companions
    - Lets you choose what their three tag skills are (hint: Sneaking is a fine choice)
    - Allows you to use Stimpacks to heal a companion, aside from the robot of course.
    - Allows you to give commands or group-wide commands.
    - It also adds two new companions (which, eh, I could live without)
    - You can also set the "tactics" of your companions. Stuff like "stay close to me" or "chase down enemies".

Alternate Beginning:
    Don't let the file name fool you it comes with many, many beginnings.

This mod allows you to start as something other than a Vault dweller. It doesn't really change the quests, but it does help to add some flavor to your replay. Here is a short list of some of the "Histories" you can choose from.
    • Outcast- Starts you off at Fort Independence with Outcast power armor are and a laser rifle, you are also a member of the Outcast faction meaning that their enemies are you enemies. You also have access to the Fort.
    • Slaver- You start off at Paradise Falls and, well, you're a slaver.
    • Paladin- Just like Outcast except you're with the Brotherhood.
    • Raider- If you are feeling ballsy you can give Raider a try. Its not for the feint of heart. You are good friends with all the Raiders, but pretty much every one else (except Paradise Falls I think) will shoot you on sight. Have fun.
    • Ghoul- Begin as a freakish monstrosity and ever present reminder of humanity's folly! (Perfect for those Ghoul on Ghoul fantasies!)
    • Or if your feel like a change of pace you can start out as a Vault Dweller!
    There are a ton of other starting options and everyone comes with bonuses or penalties or both! Along with suitable starting gear. There really isn't to much to this mod at the moment, but its one I am going to keep my eye on.

Ultimate Perk Pack:
    This mod adds over 40+ new Perks. It also comes with the option of changing the vanilla Perks. I have gone over the list of Perks it adds and they seem to fit right at home with Fallout, more so than the vanilla Perks IMO.

Fallout 3 Balance Overhaul
    Overhual is right when it comes to this tiny, yet powerful mod. It changes quite a bit. You will have to download it to view the readme to find out all the changes. The changes, they are legion. This mod makes "Staying Alive" your primary goal. The changes are to many for me to list, but one I really enjoy is that you will have to eat, drink, and sleep. If you don't want a ton of changes to the game then you are in luck, the mod is modular so you can pick and choose which mods you want or don't want.

Liberty RIfle
    This mod adds three new Energy Weapons-based sniper rifles, which shoot a powerful blue laser beam and are highly accurate. They require knowledge of Energy Weapons to become more adept with.
    You can buy the Liberty Rifle at Craterside Supply in Megaton or at Flak and Shrapnel's in Rivet City; these vendors also sell a random amount of extra Microfusion Cells so you've always got access to more ammo for the rifle.

The Sovereign Rifle is a unique item held by one Commander Jabsco. Seek him out within Fort Bannister. This more-powerful version requires a special type of ammo: Electromagnetic Microfusion Cells (EMF Cells) of which there are a limited supply. You'll find a certain amount of them on Jabsco himself, as well as a few more in the same area you meet him in. You can find more in a couple other places. Check where you would think you might find rare munitions.

For the hardcore, a third rifle, the Insurrectionist's Rifle, is available. It must be crafted using the Sovereign Rifle. To find out how, you must search for the Keller Family and also accept Crowley's quest, but use the keys yourself. For more information if you're still lost, see the spoilers section at the end of this ReadMe.

The Liberty Rifle and Sovereign Rifle can be repaired with any of the following:
    - Liberty Rifle
    - Sniper Rifle
    - Plasma Rifle

The Insurrectionist's Rifle can be repaired with:
    - Liberty Rifle
    - Electromagnetic Microfusion Cell

You cannot use the Sovereign Rifle nor the Insurrectionist's Rifle to repair any other item.

Ammo locations and Item IDs can be found at the end of this ReadMe in the SPOILERS section, along with locations for the Sovereign Rifle and the Insurrectionist's Rifle quest. You read the SPOILERS section at your own risk due to the locations of some of the items; you WILL find out about other quests!

Killable Children
    Little Lamplight had a reckoning coming.

Or you could post the megalist in a new post, like this. Instead of being a lazy fart :P
    ____
    ADDITIONAL MODS THAT YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD EVEN IF YOU ARE LAZY AND SLEEPY.
    ____

Megaton and Tenpenny House Easy Access
    New fast travel points for your megaton house front door and ten penny balcony for easy dumping of your no doubt illicitly gained goods.

Jinxed
    Jinxed, 'nuff said.

Buttcleft on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, well, I am a lazy fart, so it works out.

freakish light on
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, well, I am a lazy fart, so it works out.

Well of course, I wouldn't go calling you something that were untrue.

That'd just be scandalous

Buttcleft on
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, saying I wanted to do some mapping like say an underground research facility, what program would I use?

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mapping falls squarely into GECK territory.

freakish light on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, Tuesday, right?

Hope the DLC comes out smooth this time. Though the gamefaqs forums were neck-beard-tastic.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • MightyhogMightyhog Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gonna mark this thread with a lil blue dot
    I'm very much thinking of making a "maximum" character- I know it's not all that hard, but in the end I'd have a pretty fun, broken character to play with!
    He's going to look like Teddy Roosevelt.

Mightyhog on
    edited May 2009
    After 3 attempts I finally made the run to rivet city without dying.

God damn FOOK and MMM Increased Increased make things hairy.

Buttcleft on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, those mods with the trees and grass are so weird. It's like Fallout invaded Cyrodill. On the one hand I'm tired of the same old wasteland but strolling through the forest drinking irradiated water seems crazy.

On the other hand it just makes me want a pre-war mod even more.

Duffel on
    edited May 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Man, those mods with the trees and grass are so weird. It's like Fallout invaded Cyrodill. On the one hand I'm tired of the same old wasteland but strolling through the forest drinking irradiated water seems crazy.

On the other hand it just makes me want a pre-war mod even more.

I think the tree mod falls directly into the lap of the people who go " What the fuck? its been 200 years, plantlife would have returned by now. Just look at Chernobyl, UNREALISM "

Buttcleft on
    edited May 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    So, Tuesday, right?

Hope the DLC comes out smooth this time. Though the gamefaqs forums were neck-beard-tastic.

The Pitt came out smoothly for the PC at least. Kept me happy. :P

Does anyone know anything about the next bit of DLC after Broken Steel, Point Look? The names been leaked as being bundled with Broken Steel in a future expansion pack release, and I must say the name alone has piqued my interest.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I thought they said it was pretty unlikely there would be a 4th DLC...

Could you provide a link to that info Carcharodontosaurus?

Anon the Felon on
    edited May 2009
    edited May 2009
    Well shit, they leaked that mighty quick. Considering the Anchorage and Pitt bundle just got released...Must already be in the works...yay!

Anon the Felon on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, I'd heard nothing of this. Cool news.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Judging by the name, the 4th DLC will be a photo safari in which you are tasked by Moira to take pictures of all the different wildlife in the waste and documenting it all into a handy "Animals of the Wastes" guide. Once completed you will get the perk "Preservationist" that will give you a bonus to killing animals/insects of the wastes.

:winky:

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    Judging by the name, the 4th DLC will be a photo safari in which you are tasked by Moria to take pictures of all the different wildlife in the waste and documenting it all into a handy "Animals of the Wastes" guide. Once completed you will get the perk "Preservationist" that will give you a bonus to killing animals/insects of the wastes.
    ;)

They working on a LotR mod for this game, too?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if Point Look is a full expansion. Bethesda kept saying they had 'no plans for a full expansion pack' when they were releasing Oblivion DLC and look how that turned out.

Food on
    edited May 2009
    I must have LotR on the mind or something. :)

Axen on
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    While I normally use the Sealth Suit and Shock Sword to turn people into piles of ash, I find that, when I brutalize the slavers in Paradise Falls, it's much more satisfying to leave a visible trail of bodies leading up to Eulogy Jones' pad. Limbs scattered about, head exploded.

My justice is not swift, it is not painless. But it is visible.

Graviija on
    edited May 2009
    Should mention Fallout: New Vegas or am I just blind and didn't see it?

Axen on
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am wondering just how profitable putting out regular DLC has proven to be for Bethesda. Could they make enough off of each expansion to justify another?

Antithesis on
    edited May 2009
    Food wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Point Look is a full expansion. Bethesda kept saying they had 'no plans for a full expansion pack' when they were releasing Oblivion DLC and look how that turned out.

Given it's going to be sold as a bundle with Broken Steel, I wouldn't be so sure. I could definitely see a full expansion in Fallout 3's future, but I'm not sure that Point Look is it.
    Antithesis wrote: »
    I am wondering just how profitable putting out regular DLC has proven to be for Bethesda. Could they make enough off of each expansion to justify another?

Fingers crossed!

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    Well, it was one of the top selling games in Q4 2008 wasn't it? and one of the most sold 360 games in the same time period? (I read that some where, forget where...)

That means they have tons of people buying that DLC, plus getting their friends to buy the game at 60 bucks, and then all the DLC...I imagine it adds up quickly to be a lot of money.

Anon the Felon on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, im playing a goody two shoes big gun wielding missle launching, BoS esque character

Next time around im thinking of playing an evil stealth melee ninja.

How different will the game be?

CangoFett on
    edited May 2009
    CangoFett wrote: »
    So, im playing a goody two shoes big gun wielding missle launching, BoS esque character

Next time around im thinking of playing an evil stealth melee ninja.

How different will the game be?

Certain areas will be very different. There's plenty of content a goody two shoes will never see. Tenpenny Towers in particular becomes really interesting if you're playing an evil character.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Slave wrangling is also something evil characters can do, shame you can't make Moira your slave.:winky:

SkutSkut on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I really hope there are various body types in the next Bethseda game. I want gluttonous fat dudes and 6ft4 conan raiders.

Prohass on
  • Funguy McAidsFunguy McAids Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Prohass wrote: »
    I really hope there are various body types in the next Bethseda game. I want gluttonous fat dudes and 6ft4 conan raiders.

I have a nice mod that I can't remember the name of that makes all the NPC's into a variety of heights and thicknesses. Pretty awesome little mod.

Funguy McAids on
  • TylerbroorTylerbroor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    FALLOUT 1

Where the hell can I find some Rad-x? I headed into the glow without any after scouring merchants for a while, found 2 inside, and then didn't have enough RadAway to lose all my radiation after completing everything inside. I died horribly and without fail attempting to reach the closest town.

I still have a clean save outside, but I have no idea where to buy/steal some Rad-x.

And in Fallout 1, I don't have to worry about my companions radiation, right?

Tylerbroor on
    edited May 2009
    Tylerbroor wrote: »
    FALLOUT 1

Where the hell can I find some Rad-x? I headed into the glow without any after scouring merchants for a while, found 2 inside, and then didn't have enough RadAway to lose all my radiation after completing everything inside. I died horribly and without fail attempting to reach the closest town.

I still have a clean save outside, but I have no idea where to buy/steal some Rad-x.

And in Fallout 1, I don't have to worry about my companions radiation, right?

poke around the merchants in the hub.

Their inventories refresh everytime you reload the game, so buy some, save, reload, buy more.

You know the stuff you sell to them ends up in their body inventory right? if you have a good pickpocket skill this is also a good way to make money.. :winky:
    You don't need much RadX, just take it before you go into the glow, take a double dose, should almost make you immune to radiation for a short while. Long enough to go in to get the item from the thing, then when you join the brotherhood you can come back in power armor and not worry about the rads.

Buttcleft on
  • TylerbroorTylerbroor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Forgot about the power armor resistance. Thanks man.

Tylerbroor on
  • StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm playing through as a new character, and the funniest thing is happening. I skipped the whole vault portion of the game by simply altering a previous character's auto save from right before leaving the vualt (the one that alows you to change everything about your character). Well the character I had played the vault section with was evil (so my new character was leaving with an evil karma level) but everything I'm doing in the game has been good. So when 3 dog comes on he prefaces every bit of news about me with "Wonder what that scum bag is up to now wastlanders?"... "Got some Great news out of Megaton!!!".

I know folks have run into similar things becuase they do some good and some bad, but I've done all good and he still thinks I'm the scum of the earth (aparently I did something very very bad in the vault, becuase all the good I'm doing for the world hasn't even made me nutral yet...D:)

Strikerkc on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Has anyone read these? GOG.com recently had Fallout week and they had Tim Cain and Chris Avellone over to talk about Fallout 1 and 2. They're pretty awesome.

http://www.gog.com/en/editorial/editorial_fallout

http://www.gog.com/en/editorial/fallout_week_fallout_2_editorial/

"Ron Perlman threatened to kill me for how I wrote the end-game narrative text," Avellone says, grinning. "It had some pretty horrible lines for any voice actor to try and say. I wasn't there at the session, but the audio producer brought in mp3s of Ron Perlman threatening to kill me, my family, and I believe my dog, even though I don't have a dog. It was pretty scary.

"To conclude the tale, I had to sit in on a voice session with him for Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter, but he didn't know who I was. Then I had to explain he was going to be playing a transvestite dragon [in Heart of Winter], and I got that sinking feeling he would simply murder me for the hell of it."

Don't mess with Ron Perlman.

subedii on
  • ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Is MMM worth the effort, because I had to move it out of my Steam folder to use ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated, which it says I need to activate before I can install MMM.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just wanna say that I've finished The Pitt, and the story was pretty fucking great.
    Both of the sides you can take are kinda bad. It is like the situation had already deteriorated too much for you to fix. It is hard to label either Ashur or Werner as good or evil. The quest had a totally astounding shade of gray all over it. I was equally dissatisfied with both possible outcomes, but that was good storytelling. Just no way to fix it and make everything completely fine.

And I also got all ingots woo!!!! Tribal armor rocks!

The new achievements for Broken Steel are already patched in, BTW.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Gar kingGar king Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    man I really want the Pitt right now

Gar king on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    zel999.png
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Someone please try and sell me on FOOK, 'cause I've already got the classic weapons mod and from what I'm seeing minus what FCW does FOOK is basically "a bunch of real-life guns emot-downs.gif".

Sorenson on
  • bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The Pitt is a lot of fun, I really hope that Broken Steel has as much (or more) content as The Pitt. I also enjoyed the method of travel to the Pitt and back to the Capital Wasteland, if only they had some steam locomotives too.

bobmyknob on
    steam_sig.png
  • MightyhogMightyhog Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Here's my plan for a maxed out "true-neutral" character, feedback would be great:
    SPECIAL
    S / 8 + bobblehead = 9
    P / 6 + bobblehead = 7
    E / 7 + bobblehead = 8
    C / 3 + bobblehead + training = 5
    I / 3 + bobblehead + training = 5
    A / 7 + bobblehead = 8
    L / 6 + bobblehead + 8 Ball + Shades + training = 10

PERKS
    Level 2 Intense Training INT?
    Level 3 Intense Training LUCK
    Level 4 Comprehension (IN 4)
    Level 5 Intense Training CHARISMA
    Level 6 Toughness (EN 5)
    Level 7 Gunslinger
    Level 8 Commando
    Level 9 Impartial Mediation (CH 5)
    Level 10 Finesse
    Level 11 Bloody Mess
    Level 12 Silent Running (AG 6, Sneak 50)
    Level 13 Life Giver (?) (EN 6)
    Level 14 Cyborg (Medicine 60, Science 60)
    Level 15 Sniper (AG 6, PE 6)
    Level 16 Action Boy (AG 6)
    Level 17 Better Criticals (PE 6, LK 6)
    Level 18 Concentrated Fire (Small Guns 60, Energy Weapons 60)
    Level 19
    Level 20 Grim Reaper's Sprint

Possibilities: Fast Metabolism · Adamantium Skeleton (could cause trouble with Survival Guide quest) · Light Step (PE 6, AG 6) · Lawbringer / Contract Killer

Some notes:
    -Strength is high pretty much for the carry weight
    -Impartial Mediation I would like to keep, it means less stats to worry about and kinda gives reason to staying neutral...
    -Two books can only be reached with Lawbringer AND Contract Killer- but that's two perks for rather limited use, I might settle for just Lawbringer at level 19
    -I realize that Three-Dog's head wrap would cover the additional luck/charisma, but... well, I'd much rather have a cowboy hat.
    -That first Training could go anywhere, I'm not sold on Int

Mightyhog on