As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SoCal] Presenting the Reverend Doctor Himself

2»

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    Bogey wrote: »
    So that place is really close to where Houk lives! I know Brink also lives kinda near there.

[Edit - Congrats, Rachel! Is this at a different place? ]

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Get the word out, I got no idea how to contact those dudes.
    I sent some texts out.

I'll let you know if I get any responses.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So that place is really close to where Houk lives! I know Brink also lives kinda near there.

I sent some texts out.

Houk will be all "I'm there" and then the text you sent him

What a weird phone he has

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    Somehow all those teenage mums are getting impregnated

we call them "those little sluts" here, janson

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like the worlds fattest mom who lives on benefits and yet is too busy to make meals for her children.

I wonder what keeps her so busy

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fuck the earthquakes. I know a dude who's a professor of studyin' earthquakes at UCSD, and he doesn't even have earthquake insurance. They're a joke.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yes Earthquakes are a myth perpetrated by the jews and world bank -

along with tidal waves, fresh fruit, and the holocaust.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay, I'm heading out for the evening. If you need infos, talk to Bogey! Because he knows more people than me!

sarukun on
    edited May 2009
    Also many thanks to Bogey for helping me coordinate this thing. Big ups to Bogey, y'all, he is a rad guy!

sarukun on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fiz wrote: »

I sent some texts out.

Houk will be all "I'm there" and then the text you sent him

What a weird phone he has
    well, 6-year-old phone technology will do that. frankly, i cant even believe it can get texts. every time i want to make a call i have to plug it into my own at-home switchboard

ps i am less than 10 minutes from this place but im already going out tomorrow night and sunday night and i have sooo so so much work to do this weekend

Houk the Namebringer on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I will actually be in orange county tonight.

I am not old enough to drink wine.

So.

Yeah.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am going to be in Bakersfield...woo!

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    edited May 2009
    Whelps, me and Ziplock and his lovely lady had a fuckin' radass time.

Thanks for playin', y'alls!

sarukun on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh hey... a thread about this.

Much thanks to Sarukun for coming on out and hanging out. I didn't make a thread because I wasn't totally sure what my time table out there would be.

We started off with a beverage at Downtown Disney. Sucked back that drink and got the hell out of there.

Then, we went to do some serious eating at a chinese/tawianese/japanese hot pot place. Now, I've never had the chance to partake in this particular style of cooking and holy shit. It was delicious.

The food was great, the company (Saru and his various collection of asian friends) was outstanding and there was a guy with a full on PA system in his car yelling at us.

Also...bubble tea? Fuck that. (girlfriend liked that though)

Then while the asians headed off to an arcade, we departed and went to a very excellent wine bar. This place was great though it was in the back of a huge office complex in some kinda run down strip mall.

Had an awesome selection of port with some artisan chocolates and finished off with an amazingly turbo charged red wine that while delicious smelled like feet.

All and all a great night.

Much thanks to Saru.

Also, Bogey, my love...answer your texts next time. I missed you.

DrZiplock on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Next time, Doctor Z

next time

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    Shit yes.

Though, don't you two live really far from where we were?

DrZiplock on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You were in LA, right? It's about a five-hour drive down south, but we'd be willing to make it if we had more notice.

We're hopefully going to be heading down there for my birthday weekend in July, and I have no qualms about driving.

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    South of LA but yea...that area-ish.

Also, did I read something about Rachel getting a job? This is awesome news.

DrZiplock on
    edited May 2009
    Yup, she is gainfully employed full-time now. Making more than did, too, which is awesome!

Of course this means that I can find a part-time job now to just pay for school and such, so woo.

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    Very awesome.

A hearty congratulations to her.

DrZiplock on