As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC] Haddy dappy fun thread of never-ending positive PAX-related thoughts

13»

• SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    PUPPIES AND KITTENS...
    there we go...

But seriously, just by spending a few hours pretty much non-stop on the PAX forum has convinced me that PAX people are cool and I can't be more stoked to be going!!

Not to mention all the video gamez that will be there... Woot! Valve and Ubisoft here I come!

Oh and buttoneers sounds really fun... same with cosplay and the pre-pax dinner and pub hop...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    Enforcers are the PAX volunteers. We wear black long-sleeved shirts with the PAX logo on front and "ENFORCER" in big friendly letters on the back. Ranging from Lieutenants to Drones to Medics to Security, we keep PAX running as smoothly and safely as possible. If you have a question or problem, don't hesitate to ask an Enforcer. As long as they are wearing their shirt they are on duty and there to help you.

paxday01_094_RJ.jpg

Even if someone steals your turn at DDR?

Cynd3rCyn on
  • SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Cynd3rCyn, the next time someone steals your turn at DDR, come find me and we can beat them up. Or taunt them by showing them delicious cookies and then not giving them a cookie. :P

When I first wandered across the negative/positive PAX thread, I couldn't think of anything. I did, however, think of one thing that put a damper on my day at PAX07. Some guy at the Mega64 booth (I think) made fun of me for not being able to think of a favorite video game quickly enough. As an anxiety-prone and quite shy person, that made me uncomfortable.

But I walked away and back into the wonderfulness that is PAX.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I could have been an ass and flashed my Omeganaut badge at the guys but didn't...

Oh well, PAX has been awesome for me to fit in and meet new people though. :) Just think, if our parents knew this would be the result of them all breeding, we never would have ended up here.

Cynd3rCyn on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My parents don't understand... they accept that I like to do stuff like this though. My mom's kind of anti-video game so I'm a "late gamer" so to speak. My first console was the SNES and even then I was only allowed to play twice a week.
    That all changed when I hit high school though! Haha, one of the benefits of getting older I suppose.

Yeah Auberie I look at it this way: you're gonna run into dicks wherever you go so just make the best of it and try not to let it get to you.

Personally I don't let people get away with stuff like that... if they wanna dish it out, they have to be able to take it back too!

Overall it sounds like PAX is pure awsome though. Really looking forward to all those delicious cookies! How much do people generally donate for one cookie? I might just have to get me a roll of townies... errr I guess that would be a stack of green american money. Forgot PAX is in the US, haha.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The DIMD wrote: »
    Good to know... but I'll bring a precautionary aerosol can of glade for those who are not part of the, "mostly a joke" crowd ^^.

Glade (or Axe spray, or any other type of strong smelling spray) + BO = Really bad smelling BO mixed with some sort of really bad smelling spray.

For fuck sake, it's a shower people. 5 minutes twice a day isn't going to ruin your day. Smelling like balls and ass will ruin others day (or at least make it unpleasant to stand in line).

Fuck yeah, Seaking!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • IshbuIshbu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm pretty much stoked because Joco is going to be there, and like many CS majors out there, Code Monkey is my anthem.

Also, because Turbine is on the list. I wonder if any of the original developers for Asheron's Call are still at that company. That game stole the latter half of my high school life.

Ishbu on
    Play my game and serve beer to angry dwarves: The Tavern
This discussion has been closed.