As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    be sure to join /PA, an officer will shoot you an invite if you ask.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm finally back (and successfully married, much to thoma's distress)

By the way -- xbox live user account is now emuser42. I need friends!

planetes42 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    planetes42 wrote: »
    I'm finally back (and successfully married, much to thoma's distress)

By the way -- xbox live user account is now emuser42. I need friends!

I'm not distressed. I'm single. :lol:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Congrats!

SteevL on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm on another server, but I'd love to start a new character and joining the PA guild would be a good excuse to do so. How's the guild doing? How many people are in it? Also, are we For the Horde, or For the Alliance?

Edit: nvm, stupid me. I see it's alliance. One question though, how active is the guild still? I went to the website, and saw that it was last updated in Jan?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The guild forum/website itself doesn't get used too often, despite attempts by a few of us. We are still around though. We try to raid every Sunday, but usually need to fill in 2 or more slots with people from outside the guild.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm on another server, but I'd love to start a new character and joining the PA guild would be a good excuse to do so. How's the guild doing? How many people are in it? Also, are we For the Horde, or For the Alliance?

Edit: nvm, stupid me. I see it's alliance. One question though, how active is the guild still? I went to the website, and saw that it was last updated in Jan?

I log in randomly on my character that is in this guild. People are on for most of the day every day.

Seg on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm up for joining this band of brothers.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Remember to join /PA. What's your char's name?

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This is a left-coast of America server, right? How active is the guild during off-peak times, like midnight to three, or during the day, like 9am to 3pm? I'm getting kinda tired and lonely being the only one in my guild's /g during my erratic play schedule.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    endlesswaltzendlesswaltz Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Can't say for others but Tesius and I are usually up till late at night, meaning about... 2am server time almost every day (quite a bit later on weekends :winky: ). We're in the Pacific Time Zone, so yeah!

endlesswaltz on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Remember to join /PA. What's your char's name?

Travince.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Alright I was planning to do RaF with Dhargo but I recently looked and he hasn't been on since the 14th so if any of you are on fairly often and wouldn't mind ding RaF with me lemme know

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well I am back to this glorious thing called the internet. Don't know when I will be back in game, hopefully sometime soon.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ZILCON!!!!!

Dude, I thought your wife got so pissed that she took away your computer forever. Glad to see you back!!

now -- if we could just find mad & the squishees, we could really get the ball rolling again (sob for the squishees)

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No no, you would have to pry my baby from my cold dead hands. I should be getting back into the swing of things sometime next week.

skorch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "I'm not dead yet!" Just... uh... reorganizing, so to speak. Haven't sworn off the game, just not sure how to make it fit, ya know? Such are the rigors of life! Cry for me, it gives me power.

Major, major congratulations on the marriage Eativ - hope you and your wife had a wonderful time.

Anyway, you guys been all up in that new Uldar place yet? Everyone still around? Tell me some stories of the Clawshrimp crew!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    so is no one up for Recruit a Friend>?

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "I'm not dead yet!" Just... uh... reorganizing, so to speak. Haven't sworn off the game, just not sure how to make it fit, ya know? Such are the rigors of life! Cry for me, it gives me power.

Major, major congratulations on the marriage Eativ - hope you and your wife had a wonderful time.

Anyway, you guys been all up in that new Uldar place yet? Everyone still around? Tell me some stories of the Clawshrimp crew!

Things have been a bit quiet lately. We did run Ulduar twice, I think, although I only made it to the first run. We killed Flame Leviathan on our third try, then got our asses stomped by anything else we tried. Last Sunday I was late for the raid, but it didn't look like anything happened anyway.

I've pretty much just been logging on to do tournament dailies these days.

edit: Ohtsam, sorry, I'm not really interested in doing RAF :(

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ohtsam, i'm definitely not your man for RAF, sorry. a few months ago I would have done it gladly, but that's when I played incessantly and it would have been worth it to you.

But really, we need to hunt down the squishees.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This is Balstadme/Toirin. I'm gonna be taking another short break for now. Getting a little bored of the game at the moment. I'm sure I'll be back sooner than Mad though :p

Mars on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've read a little bit about the new Ulduar zone, and I'm looking forward to getting back and checking it out. Problem is I can't really find a way to commit the time right now - as it is my free time is limited to getting necessary shit done. I manage to find a few hours here and there for gaming, but not in the chunks necessary for raiding. Anyway, I'm done bitching for the moment!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm pretty much burnt out on WoW, guys. Something clicked last week and I realized I just wasn't really enjoying myself anymore. I've unsubscribed, but my subscription lasts until the beginning of June. If you need any glyphs or whatever, let me know. I'm sure I'll be on a few times between now and then.

And a big thanks to everyone, because without this guild I probably would have unsubscribed back in December. It was the most fun I've had in WoW in a long time, and I'm glad I finally got to experience some endgame content.

Anyway, chances of me resubscribing before the next expansion seem pretty low. Even when that happens, I'll probably only play to level 90 or whatever the cap is and quickly quit like I did with Burning Crusade.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Man, this thread be dead. Make post! Especially on our guild website! I'm going to be playing some more, and would like to have folks to raid w/ when I hit 80.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hey guys, i had a problem with my CC and accidentally un-subbed, but i'm fixing it as we speak. i had to cancel it bc it got stolen and forgot that was my WoW card.

anyway, i'm almost ALMOST done with the house (just bought a house that needed a remodel)... so i should be back on to grind Arlenth up to 80 very soon.

see you all there!

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • Options
    obijuanobijuan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hi everybody, this is Darolyn (quite new to the guild). I'm currently on RAF triple xp with a friend of mine, so we're leveling alts before that magic runs out, but we're both interested in raiding once we get around to hitting 80 (timeframe: a couple months). As I'm currently level 60, I really haven't paid much attention to endgame stuff; are there plans to return to, say, a weekly guild raid? And is there any role I can play to help make that happen (I'll have the option of being a druid, pally, or priest, so I can spec to fill most any need...)?

Anyway, I hope to see you guys ingame soon. What's the best way to get invites for alts?

obijuan on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think a weekly guild raid is a great idea and I would definitely be down by the time you hit 80. Not sure how active the guild is atm seeing as I'm busy w/ RL stuff right now.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Eh, guild is pretty much dead at this point. I've seen maybe 4 people including myself online at any given time in the past two weeks.

Ratmike on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, at least we didn't go out in some sort of drama-filled implosion. It was fun while it lasted.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i'm still around guys... RL got in the way. been remodeling a house for the past month.

so no one kick me or anything :)

charlie/arl

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be coming back. Thought it would just be a break before, but I seem to have had my fill of the game for now. I may hop back on for a month or two sometime down the line, if the guild is still going. It was easily the best few months I've had with this game, so I'm glad I got to be a part of it.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I am still around too, just got burnt out on my shaman so I have been leveling a priest on the side.
    planetes42 wrote: »

now -- if we could just find mad & the squishees, we could really get the ball rolling again (sob for the squishees)

Btw saw them running around Stormwind the other day.

Edit: I miss running stuff with Eat and Mad so much, you guys spoiled me. I have been pugging it out recently on my DK and priest and oh my god, people are idiots. I want to beat them to death through the screen.

skorch on
  • Options
    RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Draenor has some fun pugs to be sure. Getting my druid geared up for heroics has been a hell of a ride.

Ratmike on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I just ran through a BFD run, and I swear it was like grouping with a bunch of spastic 10 year old kids.

"Oh we have not pulled anything in a few seconds that room looks nice, lets run into there." And then they complain when I don't have enough mana to heal them. The rogue literally jumped everywhere, I do not think he took 2 consecutive steps in that entire run.

So someone gets some flowers and some fine scotch out so we can summon Eativ and Mad back to the fold.

skorch on
  • Options
    obijuanobijuan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's good to hear that there are people who are still wanting to keep the guild alive, or at least are interested in establishing a regular raid; Eativ told me it was easily the most fun he's ever had in WoW. Eryxis and I are currently turbo-leveling alts to take advantage of RAF xp (1-60 in just under 48 hours /played), but will soon be deciding which characters to take to 80. I'm open to suggestions for what role a weekly raid might need me to fill. I'd have fun doing anything, really. WoW is so much better when you're playing with competent, mature people.

obijuan on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If there is anyone with low level alts around, looking to do a run of Gnomer or SFK. Just send a whisper to Zilcor. Also looking for someone who has guild invite rights to invite a few of my alts.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It is my hope, albeit not necessarily a realistic one, that I can come back to this guild with the next expansion and have just as much fun as I had from December - April.

But really, who knows where I'll be with my life at that point, let alone everyone else.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    obijuan wrote: »
    It's good to hear that there are people who are still wanting to keep the guild alive, or at least are interested in establishing a regular raid; Eativ told me it was easily the most fun he's ever had in WoW. Eryxis and I are currently turbo-leveling alts to take advantage of RAF xp (1-60 in just under 48 hours /played), but will soon be deciding which characters to take to 80. I'm open to suggestions for what role a weekly raid might need me to fill. I'd have fun doing anything, really. WoW is so much better when you're playing with competent, mature people.

i've got a priest pushing 65, so you can count me in, the house should be done in 2 weeks.

i prefer to heal, but i can dps as well.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I wanna join this guild. Is it still active, and if so, who can I message for an invite?

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    we aren't the most active, but, as monty python would say, we're not dead yet.

when you get on Draenor, join the chat channel by typing /join PA

hopefully someone will be in there lurking and give you an invite. If not, just do a /who Clawshrimp and beg anyone online.

planetes42 on
This discussion has been closed.