As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Obsolete Fallout thread - go to the new one!

• GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Anyone having problem with the game freezing/crashing since the latest patch? I never had these problem at all until 1.5 came out.

Graviija on
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Graviija wrote: »
    Anyone having problem with the game freezing/crashing since the latest patch? I never had these problem at all until 1.5 came out.

Oh, just about everyone's been havin' crashing problems.

Do the right thing.

Wait two weeks after patches are released.

Antithesis on
  • BorysBorys Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just wanted to pop-in and say I FUCKING HATE MORIA FROM CRATERSIDE SUPPLY. Her voice is the most annoying, vile thing in the whole Fallout universe since uh... Sulik. And she gives you so much quests, arghhhhhh.

Borys on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    moira.

you don't like moira and you didn't like sulik?

you'se a bitch.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited May 2009
    I liked Gizmo and the Mordino family *shrugs*.

Borys on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay so guys I am playing this game and I came across a place called "Vault 106"

Is this story important or is it a place I can explore without fucking up the narrative?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Okay so guys I am playing this game and I came across a place called "Vault 106"

Is this story important or is it a place I can explore without fucking up the narrative?

You can explore it. Nothing story important there.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rvrv Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That one isn't part of the main storyline, IIRC

rv on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    Okay sweet, then that is my next destination

Maybe I'll find a lawnmower blade there, it's the last thing I need to make this awesome new item I got from doing that one quest

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Who the fuck can hate Sulik?

Him an Grampy Bone be awesome

Buttcleft on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I put a list of main story spoiler locations in the OP, if anyone's curious.

freakish light on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Him an Grampy Bone be awesome at perforating me from behind at point-blank range
    Fixed. And as for that whole crashing thing the only time I ever get any problems is in the great outdoors due to having to load tons of shit all the time, everything else is peachy.

EDIT: All right, mod knowledge request: is there anything along the lines of Companion-Share-Recruit from Oblivion yet? Phalanx sounds all right but being able to get anybody I damn well please and set them up exactly as I want is always preferred (not to mention having a few loot mules is always a good thing).

Sorenson on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If you give NPCs in FO and FO2 sub machine guns that's your fault not theirs.

Which reminds me of the time Marcus ruined my Iron Man run by turning Vic, Sulik and Dog Meat into chop suey in one turn :(

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2009
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Him an Grampy Bone be awesome at perforating me from behind at point-blank range
    Fixed. And as for that whole crashing thing the only time I ever get any problems is in the great outdoors due to having to load tons of shit all the time, everything else is peachy.

EDIT: All right, mod knowledge request: is there anything along the lines of Companion-Share-Recruit from Oblivion yet? Phalanx sounds all right but being able to get anybody I damn well please and set them up exactly as I want is always preferred (not to mention having a few loot mules is always a good thing).

Why are you giving Sulik a gun, period? Give him a super sledge or something.

Buttcleft on
  • JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    All right, mod knowledge request: is there anything along the lines of Companion-Share-Recruit from Oblivion yet? Phalanx sounds all right but being able to get anybody I damn well please and set them up exactly as I want is always preferred (not to mention having a few loot mules is always a good thing).

Sharing and Caring Companions is exactly that

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    Okay what the hell

how come I can use my savegames when I'm not logged in to Games for Windows but when I am, Continue and Load are greyed out?

What the hell is up with that shit

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay what the hell

how come I can use my savegames when I'm not logged in to Games for Windows but when I am, Continue and Load are greyed out?

"Offline" saves are in a different place than "online" saves. All you have to do is copy/paste them out of that folder and into your GFW Live profile folder.

freakish light on
    edited May 2009
    Okay what the hell

"Offline" saves are in a different place than "online" saves. All you have to do is copy/paste them out of that folder and into your GFW Live profile folder.

ooooooh

thanks man, I was afraid it would be something dumb and insoluble

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Okay what the hell

ooooooh

Nope, simply dumb and soluble.

Buttcleft on
  • Funguy McAidsFunguy McAids Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jaramr wrote: »
    All right, mod knowledge request: is there anything along the lines of Companion-Share-Recruit from Oblivion yet? Phalanx sounds all right but being able to get anybody I damn well please and set them up exactly as I want is always preferred (not to mention having a few loot mules is always a good thing).

Be careful with Sharing and Caring Companions as some NPC's can be buggy and cause a lot of crashes. Luckily if you're crashing a lot just dismiss some NPC's until you find he culprit. I had this problem when I recruited Nova, and the game crashed every 5 minutes.

Does anyone know whats up with lots of NPC's being scared bitches in fights and cowering in terror, or never shooting their guns?

Funguy McAids on
    edited May 2009
    Well that was interesting.

F3 crashed, and I guess took the graphic drivers with it, cause I ended up at desktop looking at a 320x screen with 4bit color.

Buttcleft on
  • JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Does anyone know whats up with lots of NPC's being scared bitches in fights and cowering in terror, or never shooting their guns?

When I installed MMM I had that happen much more often. It is fun to have a raider run in terror when he see's his friend head explode in front of him though.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009

When I installed MMM I had that happen much more often. It is fun to have a raider run in terror when he see's his friend head explode in front of him though.
    I've been wondering - is this the result of some invisible 'morale' system, or just random? Because it's happened to me in Paradise Falls. After killing a bunch of slavers, some of the unnamed ones say, "Screw this!" then run to a corner and cower before me.

Graviija on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    One of the things MMM adds is different reactions, people running away instead of fighting, or fighting on to the death no matter what etc.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited May 2009
    Well, it sometimes happens in the vanilla version, too.

Graviija on
    edited May 2009
    Man

Vault 106

Freaky shit

I was not prepared for that

Oh and I also assembled the Shishkebob

It goes really good with my fireman gasmask helmet thing

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh god.

Oh god. D:

I just had my first nightghoul encounter. With Increased Increased spawns. And Feral Ghoul Rampage.

It was just like one gigantic BHAAAAAAAH and then there was like a gigantic tidal wave of red and green/white bearing down on me.
    Granted I had completily cheated the shit out of myself with UPP and advlevel to 20 followed by player.setlevel 1 but still D:

I'll say this much, though, I've now got a hell of a lot of respect for the S&W .32, and that fucker's becoming my official Anti-Ghoul Gun.

Be careful with Sharing and Caring Companions as some NPC's can be buggy and cause a lot of crashes. Luckily if you're crashing a lot just dismiss some NPC's until you find he culprit. I had this problem when I recruited Nova, and the game crashed every 5 minutes.

That and the increased lethality from FOOK put me off from it - I can't find anyone who can shoot for shit or last more than 30 seconds without getting completily wasted.

Sorenson on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just went through Old Olney and Vault 92. Good thing I had Fawkes with me. The Old Olney part is the rough one. They did a really good job of animating the baddies of Old Olney. I won't ruin it.

Krathoon on
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I just went through Old Olney and Vault 92. Good thing I had Fawkes with me. The Old Olney part is the rough one. They did a really good job of animating the baddies of Old Olney. I won't ruin it.

What makes me wonder is that the town is barricaded all to hell, and they all seem to have come from the sewers....

Is this a subtle detail, or have I over thought things?

Antithesis on
  • Funguy McAidsFunguy McAids Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh god.

Oh god. D:

I just had my first nightghoul encounter. With Increased Increased spawns. And Feral Ghoul Rampage.

It was just like one gigantic BHAAAAAAAH and then there was like a gigantic tidal wave of red and green/white bearing down on me.
    Granted I had completily cheated the shit out of myself with UPP and advlevel to 20 followed by player.setlevel 1 but still D:

I'll say this much, though, I've now got a hell of a lot of respect for the S&W .32, and that fucker's becoming my official Anti-Ghoul Gun.

That and the increased lethality from FOOK put me off from it - I can't find anyone who can shoot for shit or last more than 30 seconds without getting completily wasted.

Thanks to Sharing and Caring Companions I'm rolling with a motley crew of 8 dressed in various costumes from a Chinese General to a sexy bikini nurse. Its pretty awesome having them all shoot the fuck out of whatever army I run into.

My problem is actually getting exp from anything cause I rarely do more than the 50% damage required. I once saw a mod to make it so I just had to do a little damage to get exp when a mob dies. Does anyone know what this mod is?

Funguy McAids on
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man

Vault 106

Freaky shit

I was not prepared for that

Oh and I also assembled the Shishkebob

It goes really good with my fireman gasmask helmet thing

The Shishkebab is an amazing weapon. Flaming swords made of rubbish are fully awesome. :D

Be sure to put points in Explosives so you can get the Pyromaniac perk. It adds 50% damage to the Shishkebab, and thoroughly butchers all before it.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

What makes me wonder is that the town is barricaded all to hell, and they all seem to have come from the sewers....

Is this a subtle detail, or have I over thought things?

They keep it pretty vague as to what happened, but I am leaning towards an experiment underground. There is a collapsed area down there. That was probably where they came from.

Krathoon on
    edited May 2009
    Okay what the hell

ooooooh

I freaked out the first time it happened to me too. I googled for help and got one.

Nevertheless stupid and dumb GFW Live shit is stupid and dumb.

Borys on
  • MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think it says something about this game that I'm excited for and looking forward to the more playthroughs of this game I'm gonna do this summer. One with broken steel and vanilla and then one completely modded out.

Maticore on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Borys wrote: »
    Okay what the hell

ooooooh

I freaked out the first time it happened to me too. I googled for help and got one.

Nevertheless stupid and dumb GFW Live shit is stupid and dumb.
    Should just use the script extender so you get awesome mods and no annoying live shit.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • hyperpowerhyperpower Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, I know a lot of people hate it but I am really digging Operation Anchorage. More than the Pitt in fact

hyperpower on
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    hyperpower wrote: »
    So, I know a lot of people hate it but I am really digging Operation Anchorage. More than the Pitt in fact

It was certainly very pretty and the rewards were excellent, but the gameplay was fairly flat. Why do you like it more than The Pitt? It just surprises me, because The Pitt has much more variety than the extremely linear missions in Operation: Anchorage.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    I'm not really sure. Maybe because its so different. I guess the Pitt felt like the rest of the game to me.

Don't get me wrong, it was certainly excellent and I enjoyed it but I'm really digging Operation Anchorage tonight. Maybe I'm just in the mood for it.

hyperpower on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Some people like that linearity and a guided experience more. I mean it's not like almost all of the other FPS' out there aren't the same as Anchorage. Take CoD4 for instance.

BlackDove on
    edited May 2009
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy open world etc as much as anyone. Thats part of the reason I love Fallout, can't beat wandering the wasteland.

Its just that I think Anchorage is so much different.

hyperpower on