As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Favorite "Bad" Movies

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That one I actually quite enjoyed on it's own.

Segal dying was just icing on the cake.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PiRaTe!!!PiRaTe!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Many people found The 13th Warrior to be a bad movie, but it is actually one of my favorite movies out there along with Antitrust, which again many people thought it was a bad movie, but I really like the movie.

PiRaTe!!! on
    PiRaTe001.png
  • LateralistLateralist Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    [Executive Decision]

How can you not love a movie were Steven Segal dies in the first 15 minutes.

Hahaha, yes.

The first time I watched this as a kid, I was thinking "nah, any minute now stephen Seagal is gonna pop back into the action and save the day. He's just been clinging to the plane's exterior this whole time."

Wikipedia tells me this is the only movie in which a character portrayed by Stephen Seagal has died

Lateralist on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    They Live
    they_live.jpg

Wasn't mentioned in the first 10 pages but if someone already did mention it, it deserves a second.

Meiz on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    PiRaTe!!! wrote: »
    Many people found The 13th Warrior to be a bad movie, but it is actually one of my favorite movies out there along with Antitrust, which again many people thought it was a bad movie, but I really like the movie.

13th Warrior would have been so much better if the people putting up the money hadn't had been such dicks.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but "The Shadow" starring Alec Baldwin. Pure cheese, but I love it.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I watched Star Trek: Nemesis last night and decided that it's actually pretty good.

They just didn't need to do that. You know what I'm talking about.

Torso Boy on
  • ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I was gonna post Tremors.

But it is public knowledge that it is by law the greatest film ever made. So I cant.

Also, nearly half the 'bad' films in this thread are good films. Executive decision rocks. Anything with Kurt Russell is immediate gold.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't care what anybody says, the Super Mario Bros. movie is a work of art. It's probably the movie I've seen most.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    BigDes wrote:
    13th Warrior would have been so much better if the people putting up the money hadn't had been such dicks.
    Oh man I loved 13th Warrior. The head viking dude was totally cool.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Music and Lyrics wasn't actually too bad.

Fencingsax on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I really like The Three Musketeers. You know the live action Disney one. I just think it's fun. Plus it has Jack Bauer and Topper Harley.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I really like The Three Musketeers. You know the live action Disney one. I just think it's fun. Plus it has Jack Bauer and Topper Harley.

And Tim Curry.

Fencingsax on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ghost_and_the_darkness_ver1.jpg

So awesome. I think I'm the only person I've ever met who actually likes this movie.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JDoobsJDoobs Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That's an easy one.

Any of Shyamalan's movies following Sixth Sense

JDoobs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Rising From The Ashes --
  • FrammyFrammy Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    The Pest with John Leguizamo (sp?). So much stupidity, and yet, so much hilarity.

Frammy on
    angellament.jpg
    "The Devil's Script Sells You The Heart Of A Blackbird."
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    200px-Buffy_The_Vampire_Slayer_Movie.jpg

So much less cheezy melodrama.

Incenjucar on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Have any of you guys seen Troll 2? It is possibly the worst movie ever made, which also makes it wonderful.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey was awful but I love it.

Canadian Bacon?

There is an old Hungarian movie called The Red and The White, about the Russian Civil War. It would be considered horrible by today's consumer standards but from a film perspective or a historical perspective it is grande.

James on
  • PorkChopSandwichesPorkChopSandwiches Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Death Race 2000, Escape from New York, and the Running Man

PorkChopSandwiches on
  • SaphSaph Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Independence Day

Saph on
  • TroubledTomTroubledTom regular
    edited March 2007
    Torso Boy wrote: »
    I watched Star Trek: Nemesis last night and decided that it's actually pretty good.

They just didn't need to do that. You know what I'm talking about.

Meat Loaf?

TroubledTom on
    Wii friend code: 8704 3489 1049 8917
    Mario Kart DS: 3320 6595 7026 5000
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorpe wrote: »
    ghost_and_the_darkness_ver1.jpg

So awesome. I think I'm the only person I've ever met who actually likes this movie.

Damn awesome poster, oh and your not alone, I love it, my friend loves it, and my girlfriend also loves. It is an awesome movie.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Didn't read all 19 pages but I wanted to add mine to the list.

empirerecordslr8.jpg

Its just so bad.

Also if anyone can maybe help me. Back in the day I remember being at my aunts house who had the Disney Channel (back when you had to pay extra for it) and watched a movie about this kid who could travel to places using stamps (like the postage) and he'd like jump in and travel around and then pop out. Anyone remember that?

smokmnky on
  • UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    krull.jpg

If one were to combine Starwars and Lord of the Rings.

Also, Ernie Reyes, Jr. Is badass in The Rundown. Weird seeing him again all these years after Surf Ninjas and knowing what other movie I had seen him in.

I swear that they killed a character in that movie that they had completely forgotten to introduce anywhere else. It was toward the end, in the tower.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ahhh empire records. I can't decide if I like-hate it, or just plain hate it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Saw The Marine last weekend. It was so bad that it was good. WWE Films sure do know their market.

LondonBridge on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    ahhh empire records. I can't decide if I like-hate it, or just plain hate it.

It does have some great lines though. My favorite is:

"Empire Records open till midnight....MIDNIGHT!"

smokmnky on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    149687.1010.A.jpg

I first watched that as a kid and I've always loved anything with dragons. Recently picked it up on DVD expecting to be like "Man, I can't believe I liked this move." but even though it was really cheesy, I loved it.

EDIT:

On the subject of dragons....

Reign-of-Fire-advance-Movie-Poster-C10086358.jpeg

I think this movie is awesome and it got some pretty bad reviews. :(

Nova_C on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Regin of Fire should have been so good. I mean, it was helicopters and tanks vs dragons. I don't understand how they managed to make the movie so mediocre.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    krull.jpg

If one were to combine Starwars and Lord of the Rings.

Also, Ernie Reyes, Jr. Is badass in The Rundown. Weird seeing him again all these years after Surf Ninjas and knowing what other movie I had seen him in.

I swear that they killed a character in that movie that they had completely forgotten to introduce anywhere else. It was toward the end, in the tower.
    You may not have been paying too much attention. If you are referring to Liam Neeson's character, he had a little bit of development early on and said a few quips now and again throughout the movie. He was also known as a ladies man.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Captain Ron.

I've never ever heard anyone else ever acknowledge the movies exists, so I've never actually heard an opion on it. But I know it's not a very good movie, but dear god if I don't love it.
    Yes I am familiar. It's somewhat famous among my RL friends because it has probably one of the most cliche movie posters ever made.

Yar on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Tango and Cash, a buddy cop movie with Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell, it's FANTASTICALLY BAD.

Mgcw on
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    Captain Ron.

I've never ever heard anyone else ever acknowledge the movies exists, so I've never actually heard an opion on it. But I know it's not a very good movie, but dear god if I don't love it.
    Yes I am familiar. It's somewhat famous among my RL friends because it has probably one of the most cliche movie posters ever made.

189828~Captain-Ron-Posters.jpg???

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • HalberdBlueHalberdBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Van Helsing!

HalberdBlue on
  • AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Basically any Kurt Russell film
    Equilibrium
    Fifth Element (not really BAD per se but yeah, pretty campy)
    Top Secret!
    Bubba Ho-Tep
    etc.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • PorkChopSandwichesPorkChopSandwiches Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The Running Man, Escape from New York, and Death Race 2000

PorkChopSandwiches on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Yar wrote: »
    Captain Ron.

189828~Captain-Ron-Posters.jpg???

Man it looks like all the heads are photoshopped on, and I can't get over how the critic's quote is "Funny!" It almost comes across as blatantly sarcastic.

Torso Boy on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Frammy wrote: »
    The Pest with John Leguizamo (sp?). So much stupidity, and yet, so much hilarity.

This is one of my fiance's favorite goofy movies. I think it is good, in a crazy bad kind of way.

DouglasDanger on
  • OverlordOverlord Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Also if anyone can maybe help me. Back in the day I remember being at my aunts house who had the Disney Channel (back when you had to pay extra for it) and watched a movie about this kid who could travel to places using stamps (like the postage) and he'd like jump in and travel around and then pop out. Anyone remember that?

Was it Tommy Tricker and the Stamp Traveler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Tricker_and_the_Stamp_Traveller

Overlord on
    sigsh.gif