As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THIS THREAD INVOLVES [CHAT]ING

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    If ND wants kids some day then it's not like she lost some game

Well, she'd better not have any kids before 32 because I happen to have $50 riding on that bet.

Split it with me and I'll go punch her in the ovaries.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You're like a dollar store hitman.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The "you're still young" argument is dumb. But NAC is right in that an outlook developed purely during years in school is not enough to determine the outlook for the rest of your life. Your priorities start to change once you're not interacting almost exclusively with people your own age, of similar opinion, or familial status (and, let us be honest that your friends and peers in college are already a very select group, i.e. college-going, mostly young, capable of affording college, and often with similar outlooks to your own which enforce your own belief in the unshakability of your current outlook).

My beliefs aren't a result of what my friends think, or what my family thinks, or anything like that. I especially disagree with the idea that interacting with other people at college is warping my beliefs into certain categories. I can see what you're saying, but I don't think that fits with me. I really, really don't feel that I'm viewing the world in the contained, secluded, box-like fashion you're describing.

If somebody agrees with my mode of thinking, on any topic, I don't think "oh gee, look at that, I am totally right! Check out how correct I am. My view will never change." In actuality, I feel more interested in hearing people's views that conflict with mine, simply because I want to know why they're thinking the way they're thinking, and hey...maybe they'll give me some valuable insight I hadn't before considered. I'm not saying that my every belief I currently hold will not change - I'm not that naïve. On this particular topic, though? I'm pretty solid on. I think it's fair for me to say that I don't see myself changing my viewpoint on this particular belief. Doesn't anybody have certain things they're really solid on, and other things they're a bit more fluid on?

Just sayin' my two cents. (Also I like a good debate, I'm not angry or anything. Just throwing that out there. :))

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If ND wants kids some day then it's not like she lost some game

Well, she'd better not have any kids before 32 because I happen to have $50 riding on that bet.

Split it with me and I'll go punch her in the ovaries.

I will cut you.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    such senseless aggression

Tam on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If I were a girl I would sign myself up for science to donate all my aborted babies to SCIENCE

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    If I were a girl I would sign myself up for science to donate all my aborted babies to SCIENCE

You don't even have to sign them up for that anymore, I think.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    How long do you need to wait to get pregnant again after you abort a baby?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    the sooner the better

I don't know what the limit is though

isn't like three months or something?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Your job is to get pregnant asap, and abort them asap. You will be payed on a monthly fee as long as you maintain this cycle.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, that is the strangest...wow...

On a serious note, would there actually be anything one would gain from repeatedly aborting kids? Aside from "artistic" gains, that is?

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Piss off the pro-lifers?

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    More stem cells!

A hearty side of regret!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm pro-fife.

FWOOT

3214431554_8e8de83677.jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    It would seem to me that stem cells might be easier to harvest through artificial semination than through picking through aborted remains, though...

(Can you even get viable stem cells from aborted fetuses? Aren't they generally dead?)

EDIT: I got nothing against Fife...except maybe for their speed traps...

Double edit: I'm killing the joke, aren't I?

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    crawdaddio wrote: »
    It would seem to me that stem cells might be easier to harvest through artificial semination than through picking through aborted remains, though...

(Can you even get viable stem cells from aborted fetuses? Aren't they generally dead?)

EDIT: I got nothing against Fife...except maybe for their speed traps...

Double edit: I'm killing the joke, aren't I?

hell no

everybody knows that aborted fetuses are the main source of pluripotent stem cells

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Speaking of babies, I need to make a stop the damn studying and go to college and build up enough courage to hit on people day.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Shit yeah everybody knows that.

psst! did anybody else know that?

Mustang on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What I don't get is why people are more concerned with animal cruelty than aborting babies. Like, adopt a puppy, but leave a kid on the streets. He's the dominate species, he can handle it.

I don't want to get into debates due to my stupid name I chose to sign up with...god what the fuck was I thinking choosing that name...Pious? WTF? It was the name of a super hero I made...OMG i'm an idiot...every fucking day I remind my self that...sheezus.

Side note...street fighter 4 is kinda fun.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    your name is changeable

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Speaking of babies, I need to make a stop the damn studying and go to college and build up enough courage to hit on people day.

Wait...hit them? Or get your loving funk on? Or both...

I asked a girl out once. Just walked up to her and said "Would you like to go the the ihop for some pancakes?" She said she was busy, but yeah, it was a REJECTION!!!

I'm terrible at flirting. I don't get it.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    your name is changeable

HOLY FUCK IT IS?...wait? Just make a new account?

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Pious wrote: »
    your name is changeable

You have to defeat Cardboard Tube in a duel of wit and probability.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    MKR wrote: »
    your name is changeable

You have to defeat Cardboard Tube in a duel of wit and probability.

My dumb luck is +infinity...my wit is -infinity.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No, literally run around the campus with a baseball bat and hit people

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    What I don't get is why people are more concerned with animal cruelty than aborting babies. Like, adopt a puppy, but leave a kid on the streets. He's the dominate species, he can handle it.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but your argument is confusing. What's the correlation between homeless children and aborted foetuses?

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I don't see where you're getting that people are more concerned with animal cruelty than aborting babies. I see a lot more pro-life ads and protests than animal cruelty ads and protests.

And by that second statement, it seems like your issue is more with people adopting animals over children. First of all, people aren't thinking, "Should I get a puppy or a kid? Well, the kid can fend for himself, I want a puppy." It's just "I want a puppy". They're not choosing a puppy over a kid, they're just getting a puppy. A child requires astronomically more resources, both material and human, to raise and care for, and so that never even enters into the equation.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Mustang wrote: »

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but your argument is confusing. What's the correlation between homeless children and aborted foetuses?

I meant like, people flip out about abusing animals, then say its cool to kill fetuses.

They flip out about adopting pets and lost animals, like katrina, on the front page was adopt a dog that lost its home during the hurricane, and in back was the lost kids and shit...but I guess it depends which side you look at first on the newspaper eh?

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    My my favorite family member, one of my cousins (who's been living with me back at home for a number of months, helping to take care of our grandmother) is getting married! :D And she'll be moving to the states (she's Canadian) and living down the street from me this summer. I'm very happy!

She's having a very informal marriage-thing on the 28th, though, and that's when my last class is. :( I could *try* to make it up there if I left on Wednesday, but I'd have to skip my 2nd class that day, and then the class on Thursday, too. It's possible, I'll have to ask when we're having the final in my Tues/Thurs class. She said I'm the only person from the family aside from her parents that she's inviting, haha...I feel bad not being able to get there. She said they'll have something more formal and "official" at some point afterwards, but I'd like to make it there for the actual thing.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And to be fair, puppies are like a 1000 times more awesome than kids.

articlescreamingbaby.jpg
    WAAHHHH! I WANT ALL YOUR MONEY!
    VS.
    puppy.jpg
    RUFF! I WANT TO PLAY WITH A BALL!

The choice is obvious!

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I meant like, people flip out about abusing animals, then say its cool to kill fetuses.

They flip out about adopting pets and lost animals, like katrina, on the front page was adopt a dog that lost its home during the hurricane, and in back was the lost kids and shit...but I guess it depends which side you look at first on the newspaper eh?

What exactly are you arguing? :\

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    MKR wrote: »

What exactly are you arguing? :\

he doesn't like people getting pissed over animal rights abuse but not over abortion. Which is a valid opinion, given a few assumptions, if he's only talking about people who get pissed over animal rights who at the same time don't get pissed over abortion, but often it's not the same groups of people.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    OMG...Your...right...

I still don't want to kill the kid, but you know...puppies.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I feel an unpleasant and unproductive philosophical trainwreck brewing.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    no we're all going to drop it now or cool down and argue it without heat

we've learned our lesson

from incidents past

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    usually when I see long paragraphs of words my brain shuts down until my hand scrolls to parts with fewer amounts of words

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tam wrote: »

we've learned our lesson

from incidents past

Man, that wasn't even heated.

Abortion debates, though, would probably be. I'm not touching that. :P

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    This is why I don't voice my opinion, cause I'm an idiot.

But yeah...funny story though.

Its been raining like all month here. The sun comes out just a few hours a week to say hey. Everything is getting really green.

I work 5am-1pm, I wake up at 4am and I'm usually out by 4:45. As I walked out today, its drizzling. I'm locking my door when I feel something poking my leg. Its a black Labrador puppy. Its obviously a stray, I could see its ribs and its butt bone. I petted it, then it chewed its butt. I thought it may have worms, so I didn't want it to stay inside in my apartment. I usually tend to sleep on the floor, I don't like my bed much(should of let it have my bed).

I unlocked my door and was going back up to grab it something to eat, it tried to come in of course and I gave it a stern "STAY". I ran up stairs and grabbed a bowl of water and 2 slices of bread. I could hear it whining all the way up stairs. I ran back down and it was gone. I yelled "Hey, puppy!" I couldn't see it or hear it. It was a solid black puppy.

When I got to work I thought, "Damn it, why didn't I just take it up stairs and let it chill in my bathroom, or my balcony?" It was 5am, I wasn't thinking straight. I hope its okay.

I wan't a cyberian husky......ha, I spell checked that, It came up with cybernetic and cyberpunk...Siberian.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tam wrote: »

we've learned our lesson

from incidents past

Man, that wasn't even heated.

Abortion debates, though, would probably be. I'm not touching that. :P

I'm not talking about your little quibble on the last few pages