Welcome to Let's Play
Wikipedia go!Grand Theft Auto IV (commonly abbreviated as GTA 4 or GTA IV) is a sandbox-style action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North, and released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Oceania, Europe, and North America on 29 April 2008, and in Japan on 30 October 2008. A Windows version of the game was released in North America on 2 December 2008 and in Europe on 3 December. It is the sixth 3D game in the Grand Theft Auto series.
The game is set in a redesigned rendition of Liberty City, a fictional city based heavily on modern day New York City. It follows Niko Bellic, a war veteran from an unspecified country in Eastern Europe. He comes to the United States in search of the American Dream, but quickly becomes entangled in a world of gangs, crime, and corruption. Like other games in the series, GTA IV is composed of elements from driving games and third-person shooters, and features "open-world" gameplay that gives players more control over their playing experience. It is the first console game in the series to feature an online multiplayer mode.
A lot of people have played this game, especially lately due to the Steam sale. That's where I bought it as well. However I figured it was time for another LP and sandbox games are usually the best choice. After all, each gameplay experience is different, so even if you've played the game, you might still enjoy watching.
The difference between this and my other LPs is that the video and commentary are recorded separately in order to cater to the style of multiple commentators. Yes, that's right, you won't have to listen to me struggle to commentate by myself anymore. There will be guests!
So far, the commentary goes full time, meaning I have left it in tact, even over cutscenes. So while I'm not ignoring the story or skipping any cutscenes, if you're really interested in something said in the cutscenes, you'll have to ignore our voices, read the subtitles, or view the commentary-free versions.
This is my first time through this game, so don't expect an expert run. In fact, expect me to fail. Obviously since videos are completed before commentary, I'll edit out failures if there are too many, but unlike my Saints Row 2 LP, there will be only minor editing. The videos will be uploaded to Viddler and Blip.tv this time, which does not encode HQ as well as Youtube. However I was tired of the 11 minute time limit, so Viddler and Blip it is. With Blip, you can download the videos to watch them in their higher quality. Not to mention I'm sick of dealing with Youtube's copyright nagging when it comes to music that might be in the videos.
Videos are now mirrored on Blip.tv
as well. It seems to be better quality overall, in my opinion.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN ASKED FREQUENTLY:You don't seem to be very good at driving. Have you played this before?
- This is my first time through, so yeah, some dumb mistakes or lack of understanding of certain mechanics will happen.Are you going to 100% the game?
- No, namely because going around shooting all 200 pigeons is not something I care about doing, or at least recording and trying to comment on.The music you added is cool. What band/song is it?
- Feel free to ask. I'll be happy to clarify any song played in the videos. You can also check my last.fm link in my signature if you feel like investigating other bands like it.The music you added sucks!
- My gameplay, my editing, my effort, my rules. Therefore, my music.Can you add (insert band here) to your radio?
- No.This is really similar to the LP at Something Awful. Are you ripping them off?
- It's similar because it's an entertaining formula. Sandbox games with multiple commentators are a personal favorite of mine. It's not like it's copyrighted by anyone. It's more of an homage if anything else. I quite enjoy the SA GTA LPs and I recommend them to you as well. Besides, this is a blind run and I did not watch more than the first few videos of the SA one before doing this, so any similarities in how we play or jokes made are coincidental.Can I be in the commentary?
No, because it is over.Part 1 - Dear Mother, let me tell you about the titties in America... [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 2 - Obey The Hat [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 3 - Big Trouble with Little Jacob [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 4 - Why motorcycles do not belong in the park [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 5 - Was I not supposed to kill that guy? [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 6 - Niko Vs. Ladders [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 7 - Niko Vs. The Rain [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 8 - Niko the Good Samaritan [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 9 - Niko Vs. Explosives!? What the Fuck!? [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 10 - Niko Vs. Come-From-Behind-Man [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 11 - The video in which everything happens, yet nothing happens. [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 12 - Vegetable Genitalia [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 13 - The Video In Which Helloween Is So British [Blip.tv Mirror]Part 14 - The Video In Which The Word "Man" Is Said 482 Times. [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 15 - The Worst Show On Earth [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 16 -The Video In Which We Are Troubled By Hot Dogs, Man-Faced Goats, And The Play Button. [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 17 - Fappo? [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 18 - Next Generation AI [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 19 - The Great Escape [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 20 - MEESTER MAN [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 21 - Niko Vs. Grenades [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 22 - Burger Brawl [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 23 - Been Carjacked And Shot In The Kneecaps? Call The Law Offices of Bellic & Bellic. [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 24 - Too Many Guns On The Dance Floor [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 25 - Owenashi Vs. Spaniards [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 26 - Music: Insurrection by Gamma Ray... again [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 27 - Niko Vs. Cardboard Box [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 28 - The Worst Video [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 29 - Little Jacob Is A Lickle Hungry [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 30 - Mediocrity, Chaos, And One Classy Garage [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 31 - Niko Has The Moves [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 32 - The Video That Is Also 33 [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 34 - Grand Theft Quiddich [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 35 - Money Money Money Money (Money) [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 36 - Getting High With Little Jacob [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 37 - White Trash [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 38 - Johnny Football [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 39 - Grand Theft Auto Theater [Blip.tv] [Viddler]
- Bad fanfiction reading by just me. Watch at your own risk.Part 40 - Manboobs Don't Count [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 41 - Ghost Theft Auto [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 42 - Bucky Sligo and the Mystery of the Chocolate Balls [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Bonus - A Day In The Life of Niko Bellic [Viddler]
- No commentary.Part 43 - An Italian Day [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 44 - SUV Sandwich [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 45 - Packie Vs. Cabbie [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 46 - Moon Shoes [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 47 - Hang in there, Niko! [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 48 - Romantic Luigi [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 49 - Flight of the Bikers [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 50 - Balls [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 51 - Chubby Chasin' [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 52 - Driving Ms. Gracie [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 53 - Doctor Bellic and the Cab of Mystery [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 54 - Niko likes fast cars, but fast cars do not like Niko. [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 55 - Diamonds Aren't Forever [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 56 - Hot Fuzz [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 57 - The Best of Times [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 58 - Niko, Solid Snake You Are Not [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 59 - Dealing with Darko [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 60 - The Great Escape [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 61 - Tommy Vercetti Keeps Strange Company [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Part 62 - The End [Blip.tv] [Viddler]Credits [Viddler]
(No Commentary)Niko's Fun Time Super Happy Hour [Viddler]
(Bonus 2, no commentary)
If you wish to watch any of the videos without commentary for some reason (like the fanfiction episodes perhaps), you can go to this account: http://www.viddler.com/explore/Adus/videos/Other GTAIV fun by people other than me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ri6dhsnoU