OP was stolen from Valkun's pocket by Gandalf the Crazed, whom I drugged and stole it for myself.
Wait, this is new!
This game will feature the brand-new expansion: Tales and Legends!
Unlike other expansions, T&L does not feature new races nor powers. Instead, it has a deck of event cards that have varying effects on gameplay. This can include stuff like preventing decline, nullifying powers and auctions for various effects!
Lucky for you
, I am merciful and will use the standard "preview" rule. The first turn of the game will not have an active event. Instead I will reveal the upcoming event for turn two. When turn two hits, that card becomes active and the upcoming event for turn three will be revealed.
Note that the expansion is new, and DoW is not too quick with the FAQs. Don't hesitate to ask about rule clarifications for the new cards.What the?
Small World is a game of territory domination with an emphasis of strategic thinking over random dice rolls. Each player will be able to select from a number of randomly generated races which combine the race's abilities with a special power to generate combinations ranging between ho-hum and outstandingly powerful. However, you have to decide when to abandon your current race in favor of a new one as the original lacks the power to expand or outlives its usefulness.How do I join?
People can sign up until 2:00am EST
on Thursday the 15th. After that, I will randomly choose five victims to play for everyone else's viewing entertainment.
Once a round ends, I will update the map and reveal the upcoming event card.Guidelines for playing:
The initial race/special power stack will be randomized. There will be tables listing all the race/abilities and dice rolls on invisible castle will determine which one appears next. I'll handle generating the first six. Whenever a player selects a new active race from the stack, it is their responsibility to generate a new race. Discarded powers/races will be put into new stacks with a fixed order in case we run through the random ones.
Players can make their own rolls for final conquests/berserk (roll 1d6, 4,5,6 = 0) and are responsible for reposting the game summary with their additions/alterations. Post how many points you earned for your turn, but keep the total to yourself. At the end of the game, we'll reveal how many points we've earned. There is no way to stop it, but it is against the spirit (and rules) of the game to keep a running total of other players' points.
To keep the game flowing faster, each retreating unit from conquered regions will go to the region with the least defense that does not contain an immunity token like the dragon, hero, or halfling hole. Water regions are considered immune as well. Multiple retreating units will each check for whatever is lowest at the time they are placed.Useful LinksRulesFAQRace Summary:
1. Amazons (6) Use 4 Additional Amazons during conquest.
Special Power Summary:
2. Dwarves (3) Collect 1 extra coin for each mine, even in decline.
3. Elves (6) Do not suffer losses when conquered.
4. Ghouls (5) Act as if activate when in decline.
5. Giants (6) Conquer adjacent to occupied mountains at -1 units.
6. Halflings (6) First conquest anywhere. Place 2 immune hole-in-the-grounds in the first 2 areas conquered.
7. Humans (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Farmland region.
8. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
9. Ratmen (8) No Racial Power.
10. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
11. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active unit adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
12. Tritons (6) Conquer adjacent to water at -1 units.
13. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. These stay even in decline.
14. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.
15. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
16. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
17. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
18. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
19. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.
1. Alchemist (4) Collect 2 exta coins at the end of each turn while active.
2. Berserk (4) You can use the reinforcement die for every conquest and roll before selecting the region.
3. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s) that count as one unit each for defense.
4. Commando (4) You may conquer any region at -1 units.
5. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
6. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one unit. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
7. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
8. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
9. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress confers 1 extra coin while active and 1 defense. These remain even in decline.
10. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions are immune.
11. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
12. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
13. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
14. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
15. Seafaring (5) You may conquer water regions.
16. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
17. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
18. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
19. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.
20. Wealthy (4) Collect 7 extra coins at the end of your first turn active.
21. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
22. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
23. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
24. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
25. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
26. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
27. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.
The Territories By Quadrant:
Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe
Rolling Flats (1) Lost Tribe
Rush Valley (1) Lost Tribe
Swamps of Despair (1) Lost Tribe
Westros (1) Lost Tribe
Ghitu Highlands (1) Lost Tribe
Secluded Swamp (1) Lost Tribe
Crackling Steppes (1) Lost Tribe
Falling Leaves (1) Lost Tribe
Gug (1) Lost Tribe
Piercing Delta (1) Lost Tribe
Dryad's Retreat (1) Lost Tribe
Engorged Marsh (1) Lost Tribe
Midland (1) Lost Tribe
Platinum Plateau (1) Lost Tribe
Quicksilver Forest (1) Lost Tribe
Silver Mist (1) Lost Tribe
Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe