Beautiful artwork shamefully stolen from Art by Pavel
is a free scifi rpg written by me. It's currently untested so this play by post will double as a playtest of sorts.
THE FRINGE is the sprawl of systems that separate the established systems of CORE SPACE from the mysteries of DARKSPACE. Life on the Fringe is a hazardous affair, where the frontiers of civilization meet the vast, unknown space beyond. Natives identify themselves as Fringers and by Core standards are an undesirable people at best and savages at worst.
- Prof. Juara Banks, "From Home to Darkspace".
You are a Fringer. You may not be a bad person but you've most likely seen bad things or done worse to survive. As is often the case you've banded together with a group of like-minded individuals. Perhaps you've worked a few jobs before or feel like you can trust each other after a friendship. You may have an area of expertise but on the Fringe there are few steady jobs, so you will have had something of a patchwork career history.
On the Fringe it takes all of your honest sweat to stay afloat. If you want to get somewhere you'd better sweat twice as much and cheat on the side.
- Silas Wissel, "The Working Fringer's Dispatch #244"
There is no Universal Empire or Omni-Planetary Federation here. Core Space is far away and they're happy with that arrangement. Here anyone can stake their claim, as long as they have the means to back it up.
Your character's personal kingdom is the shared ownership of a banged up planetary shuttle. This will fly you between nearby planets and can be transported further distances by larger craft for a cost.
Between yourselves you will decide to pursue one of the following job opportunities available on the local bulletin service.
CLICK BELOW TO ACCESS PUBLIC CONTRACT NETWORK
και τώρα σκέφτομαι! και τώρα σκέφτομαι! κα έαι!?
ότι μπορεί να πρέπει να κάνωσε μιάρκα μηχας αυτήν στο PIC.
Οποιεις σχετίνο 2930 1403
[strike]FRINGE JOBS, NO REFERENCE REQUIRED, SHORT TERM CONTRACTS AVAILABLE
HAGAN-REYNS APPLIED SCIENCE - MACRE 4 SUBSYSTEM
HARS needs hard working, reliable workers to fill vacancies on its roaming research facility on the Lott moon near Macre 4. No references are required but a short interview and briefing will be carried out on Kensgate Station near Macre 4.
Security Personnel: Shifts monitoring site entrance, interior cameras, inspections of other contracted staff and general labour to make up hours. Staff will be given access to the facility's armoury but may bring their own equipment in addition. 12 hour shifts 5on/1off.
Support Labour and Operations: Operating basic vehicles and machinery. Moving cargo and maintaining facility's roaming capabilities. To be trained on the job if unfamiliar, at a 10% salary reduction. 12 hour shifts 6on/1off.
Disclaimer: The Lott Roaming Facility provides all staff with basic protective suits and has an armoury for emergencies but contractors may bring their own weapons and armour, which must be stored safely in the facility's storage. If a contractor is unable to collect their fee at the end of their term Hagan-Reyns Applied Science retains the fee. Contractors will be employed through RX Sourcing, an independent payroll company, who maintain all responsibility for contractor wellbeing.[/strike]
POSITION FILLED DO NOT ENQUIRE
ερόμενοι για να - 920!!!
χρειάται κληρά να εαστεί, αξιόπιστοι ερόμενοι για να γεμίσει τα ενά στην ερευντιτότητα περιάνησής του στοεγγάρι
ομοωτή μνης για να εγκασταθεί και να αφαιθεί με την ολοκωση της σύμσης, η οποία θα απακρύνει οποιαδήποτε ευαητη πληροφορία που κερδζεται μέσα στη δυτότητα?
του να για ερόμενοι 8004 65442
920 στην ερευντιτότητα
PAID FRINGE/ WORK ACTS
####Moving carg+a maintaining facility' ; s roaming capabilities. Tonne acclraterd prize trained on empl the if unfamili[[ar, AT a 10% salary reduct .ion. 12 hour decala/ges 6on/off.
Research Assistant:Cne of researc)h and genral assisting of facility' the ; s research staff. position familiarity with Basic reqr. es ##science concepts, ##which veutacclrater## de pri//se tested e ervu. osition a mmore requires tone acclrat erprise buffer/
[REMAINING MESSAGE DISTORTED]
SEYDA CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
Work for a Locally Confined Organisation on Seyda. Field experience preferred.
Recommended working team of at least three individuals.
500CR paid to team for completion of job within one week.
Opportunity for further employment from LCO upon successful completion.
If you have doubts do not enquire about this contract.
Contact box 554F, Lar Factory, Seyda Colony.
Full Cover Stances Info
- All rolls will be made on Invisible Castle
with the campaign name Xenofringe and your forum username as the character name. Copy the BB Code so I can see the roll and have the link to it on IC, like follows: 1d10=8
- There will be one game thread. IC stuff is posted as normal, OOC is posted in spoilers.
- Be as imaginative as you like when considering your characters. The Fringe is huge and there are thousands of worlds. There are no sapient aliens currently known but artifacts pointing to them existing at some point have been found.
- In combat unless you state otherwise I will assume that shooting attacks are Safe Shots using the weapon's standard fire mode and melee attacks are Normal Attacks.
- You do not need to actively make Spotting rolls, I'll handle that behind the scenes to speed up play. At the end of the enemy turn I'll roll for each of you and let you know who you Spot, as it's a free action anyway. Remember that as long as you're in contact with eachother you'll always make your allies aware of an enemy that you spot as a free action too.
If you want to run over anything with me or would like a hand with chargen you can PM me or, even better, you can catch me in #CriticalFailures on irc.slashnet.org
To keep PbP games moving at a good pace there must be a degree of automation when it comes to characters deciding to duck into Full Cover on enemy turns. The following changes to the rules will be in place for PbP games.
- Characters may go into Full Cover on their own turn as normal.
- Instead of being able to choose to go into Full Cover immediately after being shot at on an enemy turn each character chooses one of the following Full Cover Stances at the start of the game. Generally this will always be the same for a character, as one will suit them best, but players may choose to change it at any point on their own turn. I'd advise players to choose one and stick to it though, in the interests of the game running smoothly. Good times to change Stance would be if the character's armour changes dramatically or they become seriously injured.
Full Cover Stances
Ultrasafe: The character will drop into Full Cover whenever he is shot at. This is only recommended for characters with high Guile, low Vigor and weak armour.
Cautious: If a character is shot at and more shots are expected (either from the same enemy using rapid fire or other enemies that the character is aware of) they will drop into Full Cover to avoid Overwhelming fire. This is recommended for most characters.
Reckless: The character will never duck into Full Cover on enemy turns. This is not recommended other than for characters with very strong armour, high Vigor and low Guile.