Hosted by EvilBadman and Devoutly Apathetic.
What is Paranoia?
Paranoia is the pen and paper role-playing came built on encouraged bouts of anarchy. The basic premise of the game is a Utopian society known as the Alpha Complex is home to to the remaining members of the human race. Run by the Computer, Alpha Complex survives due to strict adherence to the Computer's ruling policies. Communist Mutant Traitors seek to over throw the Computer's reign, throwing the society into disarray. The Computer is constantly fending off attacks by these faceless and numerous foes.
What is Phallanoia?
Simply put, Phallanoia is the bastard child of our very own Phalla games and the Paranoia style. Those familiar with the source material will be happy to know that this game is being run in the "Zap" style. This episode centers around a crew of recently promoted Troubleshooters who have been infiltrated by communist defectors. Their ultimate goal is the uncovering of these traitors, so they can be summarily executed. Unfortunately, this task is easier said than done.
- A squadron of Infareds recently promoted en masse to help Friend Computer root out communists and mutants. There have been rumors the Computer has, in its infinite wisdom, planted specialists among them. They have two abilities per day: Zap and Accuse.
- In the event that a Troubleshooter is thoroughly convinced that he is surrounded by communists and mutants, each one has been equipped with a blaster. At any time, a troubleshooter may fire his laser at a target of his choosing. Be forewarned, however, as the blasters have not been field tested. Also, prior to discharging their weapon, a Troubleshooter is unable to account for wind speed, lunar phases of the moon, and other intangibles. Additionally, a ZAP action must be made public, and cannot be retracted
. [Everyone's a Vigilante!]
- Every daycycle, the troubleshooters convene to accuse one among them of Treason. A majority consensus results in the Termination of the accused. [The exectuion, in so many words.]
Communists [Mafia, 8 Members]
- Through careful plotting and subterfuge, their insidious plan results in the framing of the Computer's Precious Troubleshooters, two per daycycle. By placing contraband, and careful accusations, their ultimate goal is the deaths of all citizens intolerant of their manifesto.
Mutant [Vigilante, 2 Members]
- A genetic malfunction born of Alpha Complex's cloning vats, the Mutant harbors unfathomable rage against the normal humans. Controlling inhuman abilities, he focuses this hatred on an unlucky person every daycycle. Wins if he is the last left standing.
Hey! This book says that EVERYONE is a traitor and a mutant! What gives?
That is true, however, for the player's sanity, I guarantee that not everyone will be a mutant or a communist. The percentages given above will translate to the game, and a solid number will be made public in the opening game post.
What's this about Security Clearances and clones and such?
As stated before, the game borrows some of the more entertaining elements of Paranoia without some of the other messy rules. For reference, security clearances in Alpha Complex progress through the colors of the spectrum, lowest being Infrared and the highest being Ultraviolet. These will not play much of a role inside the game itself, but may pop up occasionally in the narrative. Clones, on the other hand, will not be making an appearance in this game as it makes gameplay an absolute nightmare, and I dare not tackle such an endeavor in my first game.
While the game as it has been described in this thread looks fairly straight forward, there are prearranged events to happen in the game, let's call them "surprises."
These surprises may, at times, seem unfair and random, but such is the nature of the beast. The game I have in mind is purely for fun and comedic purposes, try not to take anything that happens to seriously, eh?
What's the Kill Priority?
At end of night will be All ZAP happen simultaneously then Mutant and Commie Actions simultaneously. Oh, and then the Village Vote.
What if the Commies and Mutant hitting same target?
The mutant may pyrokinetically set one of the communists' targets on fire while they are planting evidence. This is merely narrative and will not help either side identify who is who.
Since a !Zap can't be retracted, might I suggest that you have an explicit rule against editing !Zaps out of posts?
Any person caught editing their Zap commands out of a post will be immediately terminated for dishonesty. The Computer trusts its troubleshooters to assist in the apprehension of any such traitor.
Oh god this game will last one day, lol.
Players will be outfitted with surplus blasters from C-Bay, their combat effectiveness is unknown.
Wait. The blasters have more than one shot in them, right? Please say they do.
Using Limited Edition Power Cells, our blasters have revolutionized the weapons market. These power cells enable unlimited shots, without the need of the traditional six shot barrel!
Warning: Power Cells require one daycycle to completely cooldown before additional shots may be fired.
The Positions Have been filled, Citizen.
RECENTLY DRAFTED TROUBLE SHOOTERS:
22. Last Son
33. Senor Fish
40. VC Charlie
43. Munkus Beaver
48. Cj Iwakura
56. Unearthly Stew
57. Smarmy Lech
59. Abraham F. Hawk
Through Post 218, with special help from spread sheet messiah, MrBlarney
THIS SPACE LEFT BLANK INTENTIONALLY.