As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Haunted House - Game Over! Camper Victory!

Haunted HouseHaunted House Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Critical Failures
Prologue

*About a year ago*

“See I told you the camping trip would be great to relieve your stress.” said Bob as him and a nearby woman continued walking through the woods.
“I guess, it is beautiful out here, and the air is so fresh compared to the city but let’s hurry up a bit and get back to our campsite before it gets too dark. We should be able to see it soon now.”

The couple continued walking, but they could not believe their eyes when they saw their campsite, it was in ruins. The camps were torn apart, the tires to their car was slashed, and everything that was in their tents were lying on the ground everywhere.

“What the hell happened here?!?” Yelled Bob. “Who would do this, and where?!” As Bob turned around he came face to face to a pale man in a cloak.

“Why hello there, mind to join me and my friends for a fun night out?” Asked the pale man as he grabbed out a hook, pierced Bob’s shoulder and started dragging him.

Later that week when the police started their search for the missing couple, they could find no trace of them except for their blood on a altar in the middle of the forest.

*Present Day*

“ I think I found something here, in this forest area in Oregon, each year in the week approaching the spring equinox, a group of campers, hikers, tourist, you name it, go missing.”
“Are there any bodies, any evidence of what happened to them?”
“No, nothing is found, there is sometimes a car, but all the personal belongings are gone. But check this out, last year, the police found a bloody altar in the forest. They closed the forest off for the summer, looking for more clues, but to no avail. They found no suspects or clues, so they let the forest be open again. But they did find an old abandoned mansion, it had everything and belonged to a rich millionaire a long time ago. ”
“Let me guess, he died a violent death?”
“There is no records of what happened to him, but my guess is that the place might be the center of the killings.”
“Wait, the spring equinox is next week is it not?”
“Yes and there is already a big group of campers, filled with tourists and locals, going into the forest in a few days. I’m going ahead to check it out, here’s a ticket for you to get into the group. You go in as a normal camper and we will try and meet up there.”
“Okay, I will get everything ready then.”

*Few days later*

“Welcome fellow campers, we are about to enter the forest, make sure you have everything you need!” Yelled what seemed to be the group leader. Yelling through his megaphone he was looking over the people, making sure no one gets separated.

The first few days everything was normal, they got deeper and deeper into the woods without nothing weird happening. The first night when they set up their permanent camp site on the other hand was not so normal.

Someone wandered into the group leader’s tent to ask something, but came out screaming their lungs out. As more people approached the tent to see what’s wrong, a head rolled out of the tent. It seemed to be the group leader’s head, especially since his mega phone was crammed all the way in the mouth of the head.

Inside was the headless body, along with a note.

“This was just a warning, if you guys decide to co-operate with us, we promise we will let some of you survive.”

Everyone assembled outside to see what they were going to do but they could not seem to agree on anything. They eventually decided that they should keep moving and try to get out of the forest. That was when the attacks started happening.

People were randomly disappearing, or there were dead bodies found when everyone woke up in the morning. Some people decided that they should take action.

“It is obvious whoever is doing this is in the group, we do not see anyone else out there, I say we start killing off the people here.” The man grabbed a rock and was about to attack the man next to him before a hand grabbed him.

“Look this is not the way to do this, whoever is killing us wants this to happen. I say if you guys really want to start checking the group members, we should at least do so in some sort of manner, instead of all of us attacking who we fins suspicious. Each night lets all bring forward our suspicions and see what happens from there, k?”

Everyone nodded along. They continued walking that day till they appeared a clearing in the forest. They all thought they finally made it out of the forest but instead they were greeted by this:

contrastfinalpd2.jpg

“Ummmmmm what now?”

“I dunno.”

Haunted House on

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Rules Post
    The game will take place in chapters instead of time.
    To vote for someone for execution : I !vote to execute _____
    To retract a vote: I !retract my vote for _______

Each day you can vote to choose where you want to go: I !vote that we should go to the bathrooms

The voting will end everyday at 11 PM EST unless stated otherwise.

Campers: 34
    Good Guys: 6
    Neutrals: 2
    Bad Guys: 8

The win condition for the campers and good guys is to kill all the bad guys.
    The win condition for the bad guys is to match or outnumber the non-bad guys.

There are 6 items randomly distributed in the map. Whenever the group enters a room that has an item, it is given to a random person excluding the bad guys.
    - Items are all one use
    - Items cannot be traded
    - When the Item holder is killed, whoever killed the person gets the item, if the person was killed by the vote, then it is randomly given to one of the people who voted for the item holder

All the actions happen at the same time, including items. The results of some actions, such as seering, comes afterwards. So if the person is killed, they do not get to see their results.

I recommend that people stay active if they do not want to die. I will first give warnings to people in the thread, then PM them a second warning. If they are still inactive then they will get killed that night.

Also no extreme meta gaming, meaning no forcing people to commit suicide by becoming inactive.

Finally the normal PM role which everyone will get.

You are a….. camper!
    You decided to join this big group camping thing since you were always afraid of going out by yourself or in a small group. Now you even more pissed off that people are dieing around you, and you can be next! What’s even better is that now your group found some abandoned house in the middle of the forest. Your only chance of survival is to find out who is killing the people in your group and try to find a safe route through the house and it’s surroundings. Each night vote for who you think is most suspicious and vote for where you want to go next in the house.

New Rules for Inactivity
    All right, here's the super-secret inactivity rules which I in no way made up as I was typing them.

A minimum of 8 posts by tonight and 3 additional posts each subsequent day (11 tomorrow, 14 Sunday, etc) are required. First miss gets a warning PM. Second miss results in termination.

The following players have already received their warning and are ON NOTICE for the rest of the game:

No one!

Map

hauntedphallamapho5.gif

Location List
    1. Start- cross roads
    2. Main Hall
    3. Infirmary
    4. Dungeon
    5. Lake Shore
    6. Bathrooms
    7. Dining Room
    8. Tall grassy plain
    9. Foggy Forest
    10. Open Grass Plain
    11. Bog
    12. Kitchen
    13. Hedgemaze
    14. Graveyard
    15. Crypt
    16. Balcony/parapet
    17. Bedrooms
    18. Attic
    19. Mental Ward
    20. Corn Field

List of Players
    1. Devoutly Apathetic
    2. TehSpectre - died night 3, Camper
    3. James - died night 5, Camper
    4. AcidSerra - died night 2, Camper
    5. Last Son - died night 5, Shapeshifter
    6. Gleve
    7. Robothero - died night 1, Hellhound controller
    8. GrimmyTOA
    9. Jdarksun - died night 2, Camper
    10. Squashawa - died night 2, Camper
    11. Plutonium
    12. Zerinan
    13. Life 3
    14. Ardor - died night 1, Camper
    15. Grundlterror
    16. Frandelgearslip - died night 2, Camper
    17. Kin33
    18. Inquisitor - died night 2, Camper
    19. Gnasty
    20. Infidel
    21. Tabasco
    22. B:L - died night 1, Hellhound controller
    23. Buzz Buzz - died night 3, Camper
    24. Cheez
    25. Gim
    26. Shamus - died night 4, Poltergeist
    27. Marx - died night 4, Camper
    28. Mazlo - died night 3, Camper
    29. Precisionk - died night 1, Camper
    30. Locus
    31. Balefuego - died night 4, Shapeshifter
    32. Cranehand2ndcoming - died night 4, Camper
    33. cj iwakura - died night 5, Camper
    34. Lignisse - died night 5, Camper
    35. Frosteey - died night 1, Camper
    36. Munkus Beaver - died night 4, Shapeshifter
    37. Senior Fish - died night 1, Camper
    38. Hakkekage - died night 3, Camper
    39. Winterwitch - died night 5, Shapeshifter
    40. Spaik - died night 5, Camper
    41. MrBlarney
    42. Lady Eri - died night 3, Shapeshifter
    43. Rygar - died night 2, Camper
    44. Visiblehowl - died night 5, Camper
    45. Telcus
    46. Tofu
    47. Variable
    48. Anaximander - died night 4, Camper
    49. Picardathon - died night 5, Camper
    50. shadowseeker

Rules clarifications
    Q: Can we split up? We'd cover more ground that way!

A: Everyone stays together.

Q: According to the rules post all the items are distributed randomly.

A: The items are "randomly" placed.

Q: Can we choose not to move to a different room, or return to a room we've already been to?

A: No.

Q: What if we do, infact, paint ourselves into a corner?

A: Everyone dies, no one wins, I become angry.

Q: Will votes made at 11:00 count or must they be timestamped 10:59 or earlier?

A: 11:00 counts, 11:01 does not.

Q: If an item is received, will the group be informed, without revealing the identity?

A: You guys will not know when there is an item in a room, or when an item is found.

Q: If the person in first place for votes gets killed by a bad guy or neutral, then does that mean there is no vote kill that night?

A: The vote kill will be shifted to the person who has the second most votes.

Q: Can we share role PMs?

A: No. This way lies madness.

Q: Can the neutrals recieve an item when one is found?

A: Yes. The items can go to good or neutral players; only the bad guys are excluded.

Narrations

Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Chapter Three
    Chapter Four
    Chapter Five

All PMs with orders should be sent to Haunted House. Requests for rules clarification should be sent to Saburbia or FunkyWaltDogg.

Haunted House on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So you guys have to choose whether you want to go to the main hall or bathrooms today. You can only go N,W,S,E, you can not go diagonally.

Any answers to questions you folks may ask will be updated in the OP.

Haunted House on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What a creepy house gang, but I have an important question:

Where's the kitchen?

Hrm...I smell something delicious coming from the direction of
    !the Main Hall!

Comeon Scoob, let's get some grub.

Edit: Also, I propose a Mystery Inc. alliance. All people playing a part of the Doo gang PM me.
    Edit x2: I am not proposing a call for specials, don't get me wrong. I just think that the members of the Doo gang should be able to talk their suspicions and such. Just a little bonus to the game.
    Edit x3 for the idiots: The Doo gang just means people with the Scooby avatars, we are not some kind of weird stonecutter group, in fact, I don't want to know if anyone in the gang is a special.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So can we go anywhere or just the one of the squares adjacent to where we start off? Cause if we can we should totally !go to the crypt.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So you guys have to choose whether you want to go to the main hall or bathrooms today. You can only go N,W,S,E, you can not go diagonally.

Any answers to questions you folks may ask will be updated in the OP.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Pshaw, well then it'd be rude not to !go to the main hall first then.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sooo, this place is really creepy... It reminds me of a friend of mine, he'd feel right at home here.

Well not really much of a choice, since I really have to
    !go to the bathroom

But umm, yeah I'll stay with the group thanks. I've seen enough horror movies to know what happens when you split up...

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    Sooo, this place is really creepy... It reminds me of a friend of mine, he'd feel right at home here.

Well not really much of a choice, since I really have to !go to the bathroom

But umm, yeah I'll stay with the group thanks. I've seen enough horror movies to know what happens when you split up...
    Like, why do you chicks need to use the bathroom so much?

Man, it feels like I haven't eaten in days.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    How can you get to the bathrooms from the front lawn anyways? Bathrooms don't usually have doors going straight out the driveway, unless you're a ghost who can just float through the wall *shifty eyes*.

Also, blue on blue text is pretty ugly.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Inside was the headless body, along with a note.

“This was just a warning, if you guys decide to co-operate with us, we promise we will let some of you survive.”

So we're dealing with some kind of shape shifter and its hiding among the group.

I really hate dopplegangers. But maybe its something else...

*pulls out a small book and begins to flip through the pages.*

Mazlo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh god, not scrappy, anything but scrappy!

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's clear we need to get to the balcony, so !go through the bathrooms.

The seven people who will end up disagreeing with this sentiment have something sinister in mind, and should be promptly killed in some manner.

Call it a hunch, but I have a feeling that Locus will be among these scoundrels, so he'll get my !vote for execution. Telcus will probably be vigilanted tonight, otherwise he'd get my vote.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Why would I get vigilanted? Everyone loves Don Knotts!

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like how the campers aren't even listed in the OP. There are 6 good guys, 2 neutrals, and 8 bad guys, and then... apparently 38 non-entities. The chaff. Not even worthy of a victory condition. *sigh*

Yay us.

Anyway, down to business. Despite Frosteey's (ludicrous) assertion that anyone who wants to go through the main hall is sinister, I think that the !Main Hall is a logical starting point.

Who has a door directly from the road to the bathroom anyway? The architect of this place was obviously the real monster. :P

I'm going to refrain from bandwagoning anybody yet.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Seriously, if you are not down with the bathrooms.

Then your a monster.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Who in their right minds goes to a house and thinks "Hmm, there's a nice big door here but screw it, lets climb through a window and check out the loos"?

Crazies, pervs and ghosts that's who. Which one are you?

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We can't go to the main hall because that's exactly what they'll expect us to do.

I !vote for the bathrooms. Besides, no one can think straight with a full bladder.

Locus on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm risking death here, but the horror! The grammar is going to give me nightmares.

I'm going to read through the rules before I truly vote, but for now... !bandwagon Precisionk

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    OK. Now that they're read, let us get this crap over with and go straight to the ending. As with any good "Cthulhu" adventure, we will all eventually !end up in the mental ward (19).

edit Damn.

Second post read.

!bathrooms (6) it is!

Can we split up? We'd cover more ground that way! :winky:

Squashua on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Everyone stays together.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    SOMEBODY CALL FOR AN EXTERMINATOR, SQUEAK? NO?

WHAT EXACTLY IS SO EVIL ABOUT NOT WANTING TO GO TO THE BATHROOMS AGAIN? SEEING MY LACK OF A DIGESTIVE TRACK AND EVERYTHING, IT'S NOT REALLY ON MY LIST OF TOURIST STOPS.

BESIDES, THIS PLACE IS LONG OVERDUE FOR A REAPING AND I'LL PROBABLY FIND MORE RAT HOLES IN THE MAIN HALL. UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT'S SO SINISTER ABOUT GOING THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR? NOT THAT I NEED DOORS ANYWAY...

SNH, SNH, SNH...

(edit? There, is it more readable now? Just trying to stick to how this character talks in the literature he's from, but I don't want to break people's eyes)

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I !vote Inquisitor, for using that god-awful font.

I !vote that we go to the mainhall. Squeezing 50 people into a bathroom doesn't sound like a good idea, too easy for an accident to happen.

Last Son on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    !vote Lady Eri

Self Explanatory.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    *looks around*

This place looks classy. I bet their bathrooms are teh hueg! We gotta at least check em out, and maybe look in the mirror and say 'Candyman' a couple times. That would be both safe and fun!

!To the bathroom

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I vote that we Go to the bathroom. because the deaths that will occur there will be more amusing.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm glad we seem to be going to the bathrooms first. Games are notoriously lacking in bathrooms (Super Paper Mario even had bathrooms!), so it's really a rare treat to go to them, especially this early in the game.

Also, a visit to the bathrooms now will probably allow us to avoid crapping our pants when viewing the horrors to come.

Squashua on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    (In horror movies, they always go through the front door, and everything always turns out bad for thim. No horror movie with a bad ending has started with the group going to the bathroom first.)

What's everyone so afraid of? Let's just go to the bathroom and see if there are any unsuspecting people/zombies for us to play with.

(My horrible attempt to RP Richard. I'm going to try!)

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Anyone going to be playing... Ash?

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bathroom does seem a bit small, lets do the main hall and give this story a proper opening.

I have no qualms with cutting off PrecisionK's fun early.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    *Hank is going to !the bathroom

aw... ugh... Dean! DEAN!

You have got to get in here! It smells like... like gunpowder, throwup... poopoo eggs.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Why all the hate against me? Squashua, I read the words (kind of...) I just trusted B:L too much in your game and killed myself. Not like I screwed the team over there, since we still won! Rygar....you have no room to talk. EVER. Your first game will forever haunt you.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    robothero wrote: »

aw... ugh... Dean! DEAN!

You have got to get in here! It smells like... like gunpowder, throwup... poopoo eggs.

Do you see the wrath of the Monarch?

@PK - because I finally understand why everyone bandwagons you on day one. I have been enlightened. :-)

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »

aw... ugh... Dean! DEAN!

Do you see the wrath of the Monarch?

@PK - because I finally understand why everyone bandwagons you on day one. I have been enlightened. :-)

And why is that? Is it my charming good looks or is it because I am just way too dangerous of a player to leave living? I believe the monsters over in the D&D game now have learned this lesson, as I helped the village pretty much win that game, through backstabbery and lies.

precisionk on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    !VOTE SQUASUA

FOR TRYING TO PERPETUATE THE CYCLE, SQUEAK.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    *puts his book away*

Well, it looks like there's a half-dozen things this shape shifter could be. Lucky for us, guns tend to the trick with most of these things.

*reaches behind him*

Alright, who took it? Sneaky bastards eh? That's alright, I still know how to kill you.

Well, I don't mean to rain on your parade there Susie but I'm not dangling my head through the bathroom window, I say we go in through the front door.

I !vote we move into the main room.

Mazlo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    It's clear we need to get to the balcony, ...

Whoa there chief, why do we need to go to the balcony?

Mazlo on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    !To the bathroom

Just a note on voting for room selection; different shades of blue are acceptable, even encouraged, but let's keep it to blues so that Sab and I don't go crazy.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hmm..studying the map, if we go to the bathrooms, we'll eventually end up in the kitchen. Mama Cass could sure use a sandwich.

!vote we enter the bathrooms to play swords

Shamus on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Good morning. Here's the Starting Spreadsheet. Does the vote close tonight or tomorrow? A long first day is never a bad idea...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Slimer is !in your bathroom, haunting your toilets

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png