The game is on!
It was a bad time in the town of El Phalla. A band of outlaws recently obliterated the Sheriff's entire squad of deputies. They wrecked the general store. And if that weren't enough, they stole all the alcohol from the bar. That's right. There was no beer to be found anywhere.
The Sheriff drafted seven townfolk to replace his squad of deputies. Although these men were untrained, they'd do a fair enough job keeping him safe, and after all, that's what that really mattered, wasn't it? Of course it was.
Actually, the town was in a state of panic. Husbands were looking at their wives and suddenly realizing that they weren't beautiful vixens and wives were realizing that their husbands were much more frustrating sober than they were drunk. It began to dawn on the Sheriff that the only reason that the townfolk hadn't figured out his incredible incompetence was the plentiful supply of cheap alcohol. Something had to be done.
He tried negotiating with the outlaws for the return of the town's lifeblood. That ended the life of deputy Ethan Haskell. He tried raiding the outlaws' hideout. Telling Butch Stanton's family that he wasn't coming home wasn't particularly enjoyable. Desperate to solve the potable problem, the Sheriff led a stickup of a passing wagon train. Ford Bronson's funeral was the following day. The Sheriff had always been fond of Ford. He envied his rock-hard name. He considered moving to another town and adopting the name as his own, but his brilliant escape plan was thwarted by an errant cow. The Sheriff was so impressed by the cow's abilities that he promptly hired it as his fifth deputy. The cow would be remembered as one of the greatest heroes of the West. But that's another story, for another time. It seemed that the Sheriff would have to find another solution to the town's problem.
He decided to appeal to the citizens of El Phalla. 'Joyn the Sitizin'z Poseey,' the posters read. Impressed by the Sheriff's keen command of the English language, townfolk joined the Sheriff's army, forgetting temporarily about their wives of average beauty and husbands of infinite annoyance. Together, the Sheriff assured his militia, they'd be able to rid this town of outlaws once and for all. Sadly, overwhelmed by the sudden confidence that the town seemed to place in him, the Sheriff failed to notice a number of lawbreakers joining his coalition. The Sitizin'z Poseey might be doomed from its very formation...
Sign ups for the Sheriff's band of go-getters are closed. The Sheriff's shockingly not a particularly strong figure when it comes to leadership, so he can only command the first 40 people who enlist. However, there are bound to be people who are swayed by the Sheriff's call but later lose their nerve, so reserves are both welcome and encouraged
This will be a mostly closed rules game, with most role information available only to those who possess the roles. Item information will be provided to all players, with the exception of one item. Game days will end at 9 pm PDT. The first day will begin when sign-ups are full and role PMs are sent out and will end at 9 pm that night with the caveat that there will be at least 12 hours in this day. Participation in this nonstandard 12 hour minimum day is not required, but encouraged. Vague enough for you? Good.
This game is inspired by the card game BANG! and a few of its expansions, in case it wasn't clear. Basic information on the game can be found here
, courtesy of Wikipedia.
(Blown up by B:L's dynamite, day 1) Sean Mallory Deputy
3. Bliss 101
(Killed by an outlaw, night 5) Black Jack
4. Last Son
(Killed by an outlaw, night 6) Suzy Lafayette
(Executed by the mob, night 2) Kit Carlson
(Killed by a renegade, night 5) Slab the Killer
(Killed by an outlaw, night 3) Lucky Duke
(Blown up by TehSpectre's dynamite, day 1) Paul Regret
(BANG!'d to death by Zerinan, day 7) Rose Doolan
(Gunned down by Saburbia, day 1) Willy the Kid Renegade
11. Niceguy Myeye
(Killed by an outlaw, night 4) Bat, the Pastor's Son
(Executed by the mob, night 6) Apache Kid Outlaw
(Blown up by Fembot's dynamite, day 5) Wild Phil Hitchcock
(Killed by an outlaw, night 2) Buck Wengam
(Killed by an outlaw, night 6) Chuck Wengam
(Killed by a renegade, night 1) El Gringo
(Killed by an outlaw, night 5) Pedro Ramirez
(Executed by the posse, night 1) Molly Stark
(Killed by an outlaw, night 3) Belle Star
(Killed by an outlaw, night 5) Elena Fuente
(Killed by a renegade, night 3) Hummer the Pacifist Deputy
(Killed in a duel with telcus, day 2) Herb Hunter
(Killed in a duel with Koan, day 5) Jose Delgado
(Blown up by FWD's Dynamite, day 1) Reclining Ox
(Killed in a duel with Skulk, day 1) Wyatt Burp
(Executed by the mob, night 5) Bart Cassidy
(Killed by an outlaw, night 4) Pat Brennan
(Killed by a renegade, night 4) Vera Custer Outlaw
(Executed by the mob, night 4) Calamity Janet Outlaw
(Gunned down by frandelgearslip, day 1) Rooster Rick
(Killed by an outlaw, night 6) Pixie Pete Deputy
33. cj iwakura
(Killed by an outlaw, night 1) Bill Noface
34. the wook
(Killed by an outlaw, night 1) Morgan Burp
(Executed by the mob, night 3) Jourdannais Outlaw
(BANG'd to death by Hakkekage, day 5) Tequila Joe
(Killed in a duel with Defunker, day 2) Sid Ketchum
Links to narrations:
Day 6 (results) (narration)
Clarifications and other Rules I feel like mentioning:
- Items are one time use only. You use them, they're gone.
- You cannot trade your items.
- Items will not work on day 1. This is because dying early sucks a lot. Dying before a vote? Well, I just can't have that. AMENDED. Maybe I can.
- There will be a dead thread. I'll be starting it up shortly after the first lot of you die.
- If you start a board for your group if you've got one, lemme in. I wants to see.
- We end at 9 pm PDT. Votes made at 8:59 are the last ones that count. When that clock strikes 9, the day's done, whether I'm here to enforce the guarantee or not.
- If you're gonna drop out, let me know. We have a few reserves, let them play.
- Don't be inactive. I want at least two posts per day, one of which must have some content. Ask a question, answer a question, call someone an Outlaw with a reason or two, or something along those lines. No, just voting or BANGing doesn't count as content.
- You are not required to make a vote each day.
- Don't make it personal. We're here to have fun, don't be unnecessarily mean to each other, you doodieheads.
- We !vote for cowpokes like that. Retractions are unnecessary. I've got a spreadsheet, I know if you've made a previous vote.
- All item usage should be done in YELLOW. I !BANG Buzz Buzz, for example. Please do not try to use an item you don't have, even in jest. If you must jest, use purple or something. If it ain't in yellow, it don't count. If it's in yellow and you ain't got the goods, it ain't gonna be good for you.
- If you die during the day, you're dead. You aren't alive at night to do anything.
- If you have an ability that activates at night, you can change your choices for it any number of times up until your deadline, even if you've already sent me a PM.
- DEAD PEOPLE DON'T TALK TO LIVING PEOPLE. LIVING PEOPLE DON'T TALK TO DEAD PEOPLE.
- The vote kills the living person with the most votes.
- More rules can be found here.