As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DEATH NOTE: Page 8: a fallen god

LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Critical Failures
Death Note

Wangshire Round 1 - Vampire
Wangshire Round 2 - Mafia
Pokeshire

PAGES
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8

Roles
-DM/GM (whichever term you prefer)
-Kira
-2 Investigators
-L
-Civilians (1 direct Kira supporter and Investigator supporters)

Kira: the possessor of the DEATH NOTE: by writing the name of a person in the DEATH NOTE, they can kill that person.
For the sake of causing the game to run smoothly, Kira will always have the death occur at the end of a day/round (as there is no way the DM could possibly be on tabs all the time to set the death into effect immediate if this was the case). Also, they can have their victim leave cryptic messages. However, they cannot control the victim’s voting.

There will be a special, challenging surprise that occurs partway through the game

-The Eyes: A mysterious gift Kira may obtain, but at a price…

Broadcasts: Kira is able to make one broadcast per day to the players. These will be relayed to the players through the DMs (that is, Kira sends the DM their message, and DMs will post it). The broadcasts are not required to be done each day, and are Pure RP.

Win Condition: Kill off all Authorities investigating the Kira case by using the Death Note, as well as those civilians who stand against Kira’s vision of the new world, either making those opposing Kira’s side equal or less than their numbers

Authorities
L: Each day, L can think on a player, and through “deduction” (i.e., DM tells them, like in traditional Seer roles) tell if they are Kira or not
Being Anonymous, Kira cannot kill him without knowing his real name. How may Kira learn the true name of L

-Broadcasts: L will also be able to make “public broadcasts” to the players (a maximum of one per day), which will be relayed to the group through the DMs (L will send the DMs the message and the DMs will post it). L’s Broadcasts, like Kira’s do not have to be done each day, and are to be RP.

Investigators: 2 individuals led and commanded by L as such, they follow his voting in support of him. They are also capable of investigating on the side. If they find a Kira supporter, they can try to pressure them on Kira’s identity. Their identities as investigators are unknown to those outside the investigation team unless they choose to reveal themselves. They are chosen by L.

Win condition: Capture Kira team members

Civilians
Kira side: 1 civilian will support Kira and their efforts. Knows only one Kira, and spreads lies and disinformation about Kira.
Investigator side: can ask questions about Kira. Is, well, everyone who is not on the Kira side. They are normal civilians who do not support the ideals of Kira.

Arrest
Arrests will be carried out by the DMs as the police force, and the arrestees will be decided by players votes

VOTING
In voting, you can vote for a player to be arrested, and you can retract your vote and then vote for someone else

To Vote for someone, post in lime like such: I vote for My Great Aunt Sally

To Retract your vote, use salmon like this: I retract my vote for Great Aunt Sally, god rest her soul

END OF DAY
At the End of each Day, Someone will die by Kira, votes will be tallied and someone will be Arrested, and you all get a funky little post from Kriz or I about the events. the next day begins at the moment one day ends

END OF DAY IS 11PM EST

RP in this game is heavily encouraged, though considering many of those who participated in past Wangshire sessions, I don’t see that as being a problem.

And please folks, participate as much as you can in this okay? :P in the first Wangshire, there were quite a few absences, and a lot of people tend to like to take you out via vote when that happens, for reasons I don't entirely fathom

ALSO! Those who are arrested and the dead, no spoiling or revealing secret things you learn after you are dead. Ghost talk, however, I will permit :P

DM/GM: Lanz and Kriz
Players:
-Branduil yotsubaaven3.png
-B:L jail.gif
-3rdrocket zoroshire.jpg
-The Warlock 1pe9.jpg
-jdarksun jail.gif
-Clawshrimpy Honey-kun_avatar.jpg
-Nalouto narutoicon59.gif
-FarseerBaradas allenw21.jpg
-thorpe - Withdrawn
-Krosius jail.gif%20 - Kira supporter
-Silent Zero jail.gif
-gunwarrior Av_MakubeX_06.gif – dead
-NinjaGnat wenjick8.jpg
-Cantide jail.gif
-Lightreaper FRANKY.png - Dead
-Rook 26410.gif – dead
-Naporeon avatarey2.jpg – dead
-Redhalo ako.gif – dead
-Dex Dynamo kurgan.png
-Rapacious gantze9.jpg
-Harlingtox AD 16ue0.jpg - dead
-magic mudpuddle as magic mud jail.gif - Kira 1
-rayofash as Michiko blood.jpg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
Lanz on

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PAGE ONE - KIRA

All over the world, infamous criminals are dying mysterious deaths. Because of this, Interpol has begun an investigation into the person they believe is behind these strange events, known to the world only as “Kira.”

Through the efforts of the Mysterious "L", Investigators have tracked Kira down to one city.

Now, the hunt begins as the two forces face off to change the fate of the world.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Silent ZeroSilent Zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    stryker.gifoh shit son

(im mall security btw ) :P

Silent Zero on
    Yes I work for Netflix. No, I can't give you any free movies dammit.
  • LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    *Flashy blues music plays*

FRANKY.pngUnnh, unhhh, ahh, ahhh!

*The music comes to a climax*

FRANKY.pngFeeling Supaaaaa~, no 'Kira' well get away from me this day!

LightReaper on
    edited October 2006
    jdarksun wrote:
    guts_64_01.jpg
    Another day, another dead criminal. While the strongest should survive, this... Kira... has powers unbecoming a mortal. We should do what we can to root him out.

stryker.gifMaybe we can find him with my flashlight

Silent Zero on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    kurgan.png

Mall Security... truly the pinacle of humanity. But, I suppose, if Kira is to be stopped, then you'll have to do.

Dex Dynamo on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Honey-kun_avatar.jpgMaybe this Kira-chan would'nt be so mean if he splits one of my cakes with L-chan! but if Kira-chan has to get locked away, that's okay too, plenty of time to eat happy cakes in jail to change a tune!

Clawshrimpy on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    1pe9.jpgSo Kira has been tracked down to my home city. This should be interesting.

Daedalus on
  • FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    allenw21.jpgHow do we go about finding this criminal?

Even if he is killing other murderers, he is still a murderer himself.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    kurgan.png

Mall Security... truly the pinacle of humanity. But, I suppose, if Kira is to be stopped, then you'll have to do.

stryker.gifI bet he's going to raid the GAP. I'll be ready.... I'll be ready....

Silent Zero on
    edited October 2006
    kurgan.png

The GAP is well protected. Only a fool would challenge them. The Orange Julius is the weak link in the chain, my friend. I suggest you go patrol it, while the grown-ups talk.

Dex Dynamo on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    tmpphpf4yr2fcg2.gif

Personally I think this whole affair is unfair! I mean, why does this Kira person get to kill anyone they want huh? I wanna awesome book of evil too!

And so, we must hunt this lil dude down!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • 3rdrocket3rdrocket Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    zoroshire.jpgUh? Something happened? Why didnt anyone wake me?

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Av_MakubeX_06.gif*appears while holding a box of cables, wires, and some computer chips*
    ... huh? whats every one doing standing around? Did kira strike again?

(Hacker)[+20 1337-ness]

(can't post after 12 GMT time. going to a halloween party. dont know when it ends)

gunwarrior on
    edited October 2006
    Av_MakubeX_06.gifwell.. i got places to be, but look for me if you need a hacker
    *quickly walks away while glancing around as if looking for somebody*

gunwarrior on
    edited October 2006
    [waiting on L to get me his 2 investigator choices]

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Harlingtox ADHarlingtox AD Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    16ue0.jpg
    I am a video game industry analyst. I have some bar graphs that suggest dead people cannot purchase consumer electronics.
    If Kira is not stopped, he could doom us all!

Harlingtox AD on
    wwintroxo6.jpg
    edited October 2006
    allenw21.jpgMan, you guys have jobs? I just sleep in the dumpster behind the library, lucky.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    ALL ROLES: ASSIGNED

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited October 2006
    so, will you folks be voting today? :P there's less than 2 hours left for it.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited October 2006
    We should start voting tomorrow, we need more people for it anyway.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ako.gifI dunno, Maybe this Kira isn't such a bad guy. I meen, this city could use fewer villians...and would make the mall a safer place for me to shop.

redhalo on
    edited October 2006
    Page 2 – The mystery continues
    Today, the accidental death of Lightreaper was reported by authorities

It appears that in a night of lovemaking with a woman whose identity is being withheld by authorities, Lightreaper’s partner tied a scarf around his neck to cut off his airflow in an act of autorerotic Asphyxiation. However, she did not realize at the time that Lightreaper could only hold his breath for about 30 seconds. It wasn’t until his airflow had been cut off for about 2 minutes that she realized what had happened.

No Charges have yet been filed.

Lightreaper was killed by Kira
    There Were no votes, so there were no arrests

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited October 2006
    ((Wait, what? Day 1 is over!?))

LightReaper on
  • BranduilBranduil Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    OOC- I thought there wouldn't be killings until 12 midnight eastern time?

Oh right, Daylights Savings Time, shoot. :(

Branduil on
    mcc for admin

I blame Whippy
    edited October 2006
    Av_MakubeX_06.gif*having fun at a party until the tv news announces another kira-related death*
    Kira killed Lightreaper? But why? he was only singing at the mall. *recalls what he was singing* oh he was singing about catching him.
    *thinks about heading home early*

gunwarrior on
    edited October 2006
    yotsubaaven3.png It's not right to kill people! Only bad people kill people! Kira is bad!

Branduil on
    mcc for admin

I blame Whippy
    edited October 2006
    yotsubaaven3.png It's so fun, I'll write it twice!

Branduil on
    mcc for admin

I blame Whippy
    edited October 2006
    The OP wrote:
    END OF DAY
    At the End of each Day, Someone will die by Kira, votes will be tallied and someone will be Arrested, and you all get a funky little post from Kriz or I about the events. the next day begins at the moment one day ends

END OF DAY IS 11PM EST

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited October 2006
    Lanz wrote:
    The OP wrote:
    END OF DAY

END OF DAY IS 11PM EST
    [/quote

((Oh.

Balls, guess it turned out best anyway, I couldn't really focus on this game cause of Pokeshire)).]

LightReaper on
    edited October 2006
    Av_MakubeX_06.gif *looks out the window*hmm, theres no one on the streets. looks like everyone is scared of Kira

gunwarrior on
    edited October 2006
    allenw21.jpgWell, we fucked up, one of our number dead and no arrests.

What now?

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    jdarksun wrote:
    ((OOC: How do we ask questions about Kira?))

talk about Kira, try and figure out a pattern in Kira's murders, see how people react and so on

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited October 2006
    gunwarrior wrote:
    Av_MakubeX_06.gif *looks out the window*hmm, theres no one on the streets. looks like everyone is scared of Kira

Would you blame them? Some lunatic prowling the streets, killing at will, leaving no trace. It's not a good time to be alive, let alone be wandering about. Still thinking of going home early?

Dex Dynamo on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    keiichiresizedeu3.jpgSo far, the authorities seem to be completely useless. Whoever Kira is, I think we're going to have to track him/her down ourselves.

Cantide on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Honey-kun_avatar.jpg
    Saa, Kira-chan killled someone? Hopefully L-chan catches him soon!

Clawshrimpy on
    edited October 2006
    ako.gifI recognize that man from the mall...but was he bad? What is Kira's motivation?

redhalo on
    edited October 2006
    jdarksun wrote:
    Cantide wrote:
    keiichiresizedeu3.jpgSo far, the authorities seem to be completely useless. Whoever Kira is, I think we're going to have to track him/her down ourselves.
    guts_64_01.jpg
    But how are we supposed to do that? We can exactly go door to door, evicting people from their homes and then killing the ones who resist.

Wait. Yes we can. I say we do precisely that. We'll find him eventually that way.
    ako.gifAnd risk being his next target? No way. We can't be as blatent as that.

redhalo on
    edited October 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    gunwarrior wrote:

Would you blame them? Some lunatic prowling the streets, killing at will, leaving no trace. It's not a good time to be alive, let alone be wandering about. Still thinking of going home early?
    Av_MakubeX_06.gifwell killing at will yes, but not killing at random. He only kills criminals or people he either thinks will cause problems for him, and it seems that he was not at any of the murder scenes, just somehow manipulating the scenes rom afar So I believe we are as much in danger in our homes as we are on the streets. We should not just sit and cower.
    however, while i still do not have enough cause to accuse anybody, we should start lest we repeat yesterday's events.

gunwarrior on
    edited October 2006
    Honey-kun_avatar.jpg
    Saa, Kira-chan killled someone? Hopefully L-chan catches him soon!

It's a bit more complicated than that, but in the end, you seem to show wisdom beneath your childish exterior. But sadly without our help, L will be powerless. I suggest we begin acting now, lest Kira claim another.

Dex Dynamo on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    gunwarrior wrote:
    Av_MakubeX_06.gifwell it seems that he was not at any of the murder scenes

1pe9.jpgOr is that just what he wants you to think? Who was LightReaper fucking at the time, anyway?

Daedalus on