We are meeting at least 3 times.
1) Friday morning around 9am, in the Line Room. If you are participating, you must be at this meeting
(unless you aren't in town yet). You will be receiving your badge identifying you as a Cookie Brigade member.
2) Saturday morning, 9:30am, in the Line Room. This is mostly for those of us who are distributing, as we will make sure we all have cookies, and collect the money raised on Friday for secure off-site storage.
3) Sunday afternoon, around 1:40, right after the Q&A Panel #2, in the Line Room. If you are distributing, you MUST be at this meeting
to hand off the money you have raised, for counting off-site. Please make sure all your cookies are gone, as we will be ceasing operation at this point.
A full list of participants as of 4pm PDT can be found here:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgpNgsn7EdccdElEV0t4X3VJVkxXZjVFb01WaEFkV0E&hl=en
HOW CAN YOU FIND US?
We are everywhere! Really, we are a lot of places. We especially like to hit line-ups for panels, cuz its a lot of people in a concentrated area. Just look for people with buttons that have this on it:http://cookiebrigade.googlegroups.com/web/225_CB_big.jpg?gsc=s5gj9wsAAABAjgNUuZZ3BYm9tLtLAvYMQUESTIONS?
If you have any questions, post here or send me an email to chibidani at gmail dot com
/END EDITWHAT IS THE COOKIE BRIGADE?
What started in 2007 as two people randomly handing out cookies to people waiting in lines has become a force for good! The Brigadiers bake cookies and bring them to PAX, where we exchange our tasty goodies for donations to Child's Play
. Last year, we raised $5,400 in just under 48 hours!IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT
Date/time arriving in Seattle:
Role: (Baking, Distributing, Both)
Just post those three things separate from any comments you may have, it will simplify things for us organizers.THINGS THAT NEED TO BE ORGANIZED
Okay, here comes the long winded part of this post. We are now just over a month away from PAX, and I feel a lot less organized than last year. There are a lot of things that need to be done still. Here are the ones I can think of.
We need to:
- figure out where we are storing and counting money (which can be two places or one place)
- get in contact with Child's Play ppl (I'm hoping its the same person as last year)
- decide if we want to get buttons to exchange in addition to our cookies. If so, we need to order them ASAP. I know they were a huge hit last year.
- set meeting times and places for all 3 days (Friday and Saturday mornings, lunch time on Sunday)
- compile a list of everyone who is participating (hence the part above)
- determine a LOW KEY identifier (like the buttons we had last year)
- get better money collectors and cookie holders
Please discuss, suggest, debate, etc. This is a collaborative effort, it won't happen without participation now and during PAX. Thanks everyone!