Last year, our very own EvilBadMan came up with the inaugural PAX Photo Scavenger Hunt. He has now passed the mantle on to me, so I’m proud to present to you...
The PAX’09 Photo Scavenger Hunt!!
What's All This?
Scavenger Hunts, by in large, are excursions charged upon unlucky volunteers wishing to demean themselves for the dual rewards of humor and infamy. This one is no different, set in a familiar Achievement and Gamerscore fashion.
What Do I Need To Participate?
A digital camera (or some way to get pictures onto a computer)
An internet connection
An Email address
The willingness to participate in an amusing event during the weekend that costs you nothing to enter other than time
- All Pictures MUST take place during the 2009 Penny Arcade Expo, in the Convention Center, unless otherwise noted. If the task requires you to be outside the convention center, a PAX badge MUST be visible on the participant.
- All pictures MUST have the participant included in them (or if running a team, the TEAM LEADER).
- Please use restraint and common sense when acquiring pictures needing the assistance of a celebrity or otherwise well known figure, as they are trying to enjoy the Expo as well.
- The Deadline for Emailing items to [email protected] with the title PAX Scavenger Hunt is Thursday, September 10th, 2009. Please include links for photographs, or attach them.
- The Multiplier Rule: 3 Achievements in 1 photo = 2x, 5 Achievements = 3x, 10 Achievements in 1 photo = 4x.
The winner of our hunt will win 1 (one) 3-Day Pass to PAX 2010, or to PAX East, if they so choose!!
(More of the prize will be posted as we get closer to the start!)I'll be adding to the official list every day until the Thursday prior to PAX (September 3rd).
Please feel free to post suggestions, critiques, corrections, or anything else awesome.
But first, we'll start with a few original items from last year.
- I'm Here, Now What?: Attended PAX 2009. (10 Points)
- Prove it: Hug someone with an "I Geeks/Gamers/Nerds/etc" T-Shirt. (20 Points)
- Slow Ride: Gave an Enforcer a piggyback to their desired destination. (25 Points)
- Chippy: Purchased a cookie from a pin-wearing member of the Cookie Brigade. (20 Points)
- Who Watches The Watchmen?: Take a picture with someone wearing a media badge. (10 Points)
- Thou Shalt Not Sin To Win: Apologize to a booth babe for EA's Comic Con stunt. (25 Points)
- This Was A Triumph: Take a picture with an attendee & their Companion Cube. (20 Points)
- Friday Night Lights: Photograph a FRIDAY ONLY Badge. (20 Points)
- S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT: Photograph a SATURDAY ONLY badge. (25 Points)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday: Photograph a SUNDAY ONLY badge. (30 Points)
- The Tube Is Civilization!: Safely wielded a Cardboard Tube. (20 Points)
- The PWNIE Express: Create a family portrait with yourself, someone from the BYOC contest & their My Little Pony. (25 Points)
- It's SO BAD: Find an attendee with a power glove. (25 Points)
- NerdCore Rising: Attended a PAX Concert. (10 Points)
- Do Not Trust This Man: Coerce EvilBadMan into taking a picture with you. (25 Points)
- Parental Units: Find a con-goer attending PAX with their mom or dad. (20 Points, or 40 Points for both parents in the shot)
- Keep Your Enemies Closer: Cooperated with another Scavenger Hunt Participant. (30 Points)
- Altair's Descendant: Find an attendee playing the Assassins Game. (10 Points)
- 15 is the MINIMUM: Take a picture with a Buttoneer with at LEAST 15 pieces of flair, and a terrific smile. (10 Points + 1 Point PER BUTTON over 15 that's easily visible in the picture.)
- Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da: Play The Beatles: Rock Band with a bra on your head. Yes, you read that correctly. On you head. (50 Points +16.66 per person in the band with a bra on their head, for a total of 100 points for all 4 members. +25 more for actually playing Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da)
- The British Invasion: Find the only Enforcer from the UK and convince him to snap a picture with you. (25 Points)
- 'SPLODE!!: Take a picture with 'Splosion Man or one of the Big Science scientists! (20 Points for the first character. +10 per each additional)
- How Appropriate, You Fight Like A Cow: Find Guybrush Threepwood! (25 Points)
- Munch This: Take a picture with the Munchkin Mascot! (25 Points)
- Acquisitions, INC: Take a picture with one of the members of the famous team. (40 Points)
- The Force is Strong With This One: Take a picture with a character from the Star Wars Universe. (20 Points)
- Yars' Revenge: Take a picture with an Atari 2600 Catridge. (20 Points)
- Strip Recreation Redux: Emulated the expressions in panel three with you new overjoyed friend... (30 Points)
- Record Breaker: One Photo, at least 10 Nintendo DS or DSi's. (30 Points)
- Team Pirate: Take a picture with the Goddamn OmegaPirate and her Crew. (20 Points)
- Local Favorite: Take a picture with hometown Omeganaut Eye-Shuh. (20 Points)
- Help! Help! I'm Being Repressed!: Photograph of yourself after the someone holding "The Line Ends Here" Sign (or whatever is used for marking the end of the line for panels). (10 Points)
- Didn't You Get My Tweets?! I Just Twoted All Over The Place!: Photograph with yourself & someone wearing the official Twitter Shi**er T-Shirt. (25 Points)
- Good Morning! How much does that weigh? Ham!: Produce a photograph that makes absolutely no sense but has a minimum of 2 major things going on at once. (20 Points +5 Points per major thing going on.)
- Red vs Blue: Take a picture with a member of BOTH the Red and the Blue TF2 Cosplay Group (50 Points)
- The Stars At Night Are Big & Bright: Find an attendee from the state of Texas & have them show you how to "Hook'em Horns" or "Gig'em Aggies". Proof in the way of ID is necessary. (20 Points)
- It's All Geek to Me: Begrudgingly shook the hand of an attendee wearing a PVP or CAD t-shirt. (15 Points)
- Remove the Head or Destroy the Brain: Played Zombies!!! in one of the Tabletop rooms. (20 Points)
- LEGO My Eggo!!: Play a LEGO themed game. (15 Points)
- Efficiency: Completed at least 5 achievements in one photo. (50 Points)
Strip Recreation -
Twitter Shirt -
Nothing makes you look more sophisticated then wearing a T-shirt with a toilet on it.
Seriously, you should definitely roll into PAX wearing one of these.Order now!
Pirate, Stormtrooper, DecepticonYes, my middle name really is MEGATRONFormer Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House