As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wacco for Flacco! [NFL Thread]

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jordyn wrote: »
    man

I could totally see how Brett Favre would get addicted to painkillers

pain gettin killed is way better than pain

Sure until you start vomiting your breakfast every morning and your kidneys fail.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Marth wrote: »
    I get the feeling we are not mourning Owen Daniels' injury enough in here. I'll only pick up the slack to a point, come on people.

James Casey's time to shine!

Now this I'm excited for. Dreessen's always been good and Casey looked equally good today. The Colts are better than any other team we'll play this year, though, so I'm not too hopeful for the two next week.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cowboys lookin' hot.

Can't wait to play Philadelphia. Whip the fuck out of them.

They look like they have life, for the first time in a long ass time.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cowboys are actually playing up to their potential right now. Pretty happy for them. Not a Cowboys fan obviously, but I hate to see teams that have that kind of talent underperform. Lolpackers.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Maybe the packers just aren't that great?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    But they've drafted sooooo many white guys that need haircuts...

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    their o-line certainly isn't

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2009
    Cowboys lookin' hot.

Can't wait to play Philadelphia. Whip the fuck out of them.

They look like they have life, for the first time in a long ass time.

Man, after the beating that Philly just handed the Giants, I'm not sure how likely that is.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I still say they should just put out tackling dummies for the O-Line. Less penalties, same protection. Plus the backs would always know where the line was going.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think McCarthy and Ted Thompson overestimated their scouting abilities.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the Packers are pretty clearly not a championship team but it's not like they are terrible.

I still think they will make the playoffs

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Packers played a pretty good game at times against a pretty damn good team.

It was a very evenly matched game with mistakes on both sides that opened opportunities to score and turn the game in both teams' favor. Green Bay was unable to establish the running game, and their defense was only able to do so much to keep the game as close as it was. Rodgers had a good game this afternoon, being able to throw to a good receiver corps in Lee, Driver, Jennings, and #41. Grant was a failure once again at catching passes. Their special teams dropped the ball in containing Harvin.

The Vikings had a good game, especially their defense, applying the same pressure tonight as they did against them the first division game against the Packers. Steady gaining plays set up by good special teams like I mentioned earlier. Also didn't disagree with any of the plays called, but that's probably because they were so successful. Also playing without one of their leading secondary players due to injury.

My take on it? Great fucking game.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    Maybe the packers just aren't that great?

I think that they are underdeveloped and I think that Mike McCarthy is perhaps one tiny notch below "very good" as a head coach. But it's hard to tell because I don't think the book has really been written on Ryan Grant, and if the lack of offensive balance can be blamed on him or McCarthy.

McCarthy if you listen to his press conferences is among the most lucid and well spoken coaches in the league but I think he's missing something in the game day department. That is to say he's great Tuesday-Saturday but not so much on Sunday perhaps.

I think their defense is better than they get credit for. Their only bad games have been versus Minnesota, with the leagues best RB and a highly motivated QB. Most of the points the Vikings scored today can be divvied up straight to Harvin and special teams, not necessarily just on the Packers D.

I think by the time their game against the 49'ers is done, we'll have seen everything they have to offer this year in terms of if they are a wildcard contender or not.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My take is that the Vikings are better haaaa wooooo

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dang, sup Jasc.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    the Packers are pretty clearly not a championship team but it's not like they are terrible.

It'll be tough with the NFC South and East looking to claim two spots.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

It'll be tough with the AFC South and East looking to claim two spots.

I don't think it's likely that the AFC South and East will be taking any NFC wildcards

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I edited, asshole, and you knew what I meant in the first place.

Butters on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm pissed cause Daniels was my TE in Raij's league. I lost again today because he left early and I thought Kurt Warner would play better than Favre. Instead he played Favre better than Favre.

EDIT: Don't see the Pack making the playoffs when there's 2 good teams in the NFC West, 2 good teams in the NFC South, and 3 good teams in the NFC East.

Goose! on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Will teams learn not to kick to Percy Harvin the near future?

I hope not!

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah they are going to need some big tie breaker help unless they really clean house. The rest of their schedules is not impossible but it's looking more intimidating with every passing week.

I think The 49ers and Cardinals in particularly look more serious than they did at Week 1, plus what will be more or less a must-win at Soldier Field.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the Cowboys and Falcons are just as up and down as the Packers are, and right now the Giants don't look like a playoff team period.

Green Bay's certainly in the hunt.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well put, DL. Although really the only time Grant really miffed by failing to catch a pass was the redzone pass that got arm-tipped at the line. He missed it, sure, but at that range he didn't have a but a split second to readjust. It sucked, but I can't really fault him on it.

Also, Percy Harvin is amazing. Even though he was killing us, it was a joy to watch him run. He has such a good eye for the field, especially on longer plays like returns.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009

That's what he does.

It's his thing.

It makes his penis hard or something.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »

That's what he does.

It's his thing.

are you still being a baby cause I called you out on the fact that you didnt know what you were talking about? Jeez, let it go.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009

That's what he does.

It's his thing.

are you still being a baby cause I called you out on the fact that you didnt know what you were talking about? Jeez, let it go.

No, I'm just pointing out that you come here only to poach people to feed your inferiority complex.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Goose there are zero good teams in the NFC West

and the Giants have been blown out 3 weeks in a row now, lets take a breather on calling them a good team until they win again huh?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Giants still look like a good team as long as nobody is allowed to so much as look in Eli's direction.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Jesus Christ, my brain is fried and I think I can work for ESPN.

I am impressed.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2009
    The Giants look like a good team when they're playing teams that are...you know what? I'm going to wait until after they play Denver to say this. I don't want that biting me in the ass later.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the Cowboys and Falcons are just as up and down as the Packers are, and right now the Giants don't look like a playoff team period.

Green Bay's certainly in the hunt.

I'd put money on the Eagles, Giants, and Falcons over the Pack at this point. The Falcons still get to play Washington, Carolina again, Tampa twice, and Buffalo. They should beat the Jets too.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So does that mean you're giving the NFC East title to the Cowboys Butters?

really?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I mean, I would.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thing about the Giants is their defense is missing 3 key pieces, their best corner, and 2 big FA pickups are all hurt. All 3 will probably be held out till after the bye. That should cover a lot of those issues.

The Packers and Giants have about equal schedules in terms of the amount of good teams left on them. Atlanta scares me more than the Pack does, as their losses are to the Pats and the Cowboys, who are apparently pretty good.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    They were blown out 2 of the last 3 weeks. I wouldn't call a 14-10 lead at halftime against Arizona and a 1 TD loss a blowout, Bale.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Unfortunately I can see the Pack dropping 4 more games this season. They need to win their next 3 to really be alive because they get the Ravens and Steelers later.

Which is the higher tie breaker, division record or conference record?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think their defense is better than they get credit for. Their only bad games have been versus Minnesota

And Cincy. Those are the only good offenses they've seen and they've given up at least 30 points to them in 3 games.

There defense isn't horrible but it's not very good.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well put, DL. Although really the only time Grant really miffed by failing to catch a pass was the redzone pass that got arm-tipped at the line. He missed it, sure, but at that range he didn't have a but a split second to readjust. It sucked, but I can't really fault him on it.

Also, Percy Harvin is amazing. Even though he was killing us, it was a joy to watch him run. He has such a good eye for the field, especially on longer plays like returns.

I liked where he made that catch and those three Packers all collided with each other and he was like wooo
    see ya!

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the halftime score means nothing, though ok maybe blowout is too strong a word.

Still, they were never in either of the other 2 games, and Arizona dosen't exactly look like a world beater this year.

I'm just saying, the Giants today would have lost to the Packers.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Unfortunately I can see the Pack dropping 4 more games this season. They need to win their next 3 to really be alive because they get the Ravens and Steelers later.

Which is the higher tie breaker, division record or conference record?

division record only matters against teams in your division

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.