Options

My poor ignored Wii. Help it!

124»

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to have to plug Excite Truck to new Wii owners too. Fantastic arcade racer, should be dirt cheap everywhere by now, and the only real criticism made of it is that it's a little light on content, but that was really more of a problem near launch, and at full price.

LewieP on
  • Options
    klokklok Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    figure this would be the best place to ask, my wii won't turn on anymore (no red light when I plug it in either). How are the warrantys on the wii? I bought mine 2 years ago so I'm sure it's expired but I'm hoping something can be done.

klok on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Guess I should mention that Castle Shikigami 3 is now $10 at any GameStop that still has it, which is almost all of them.

I like it, at least.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shiki 3 is fucking awesome if you like vertical curtain fire shmups.

CJ, you and I are the only ones who bought that awesome, awesome game.

slash000 on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    $10, you say? I'll have to see what I can do about that.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I see all these people say Mario Galaxy is the best game on the system, but it honestly made me sick (like, literally made me nauseated, the way you run around the planets sometimes). I haven't touched my Wii in a few weeks, and have been looking for a good game to get that will soak up 20+ hours, and so far it's looking like Muramasa or Little King's Story are the big recommends. Which one should I go with, or should I get both used at Gamestop and get a third game for free? So far, I've played (and beaten) the following:

Metroid Prime 3
    Zelda: Twilight Princess
    The Force Unleashed
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    RE4

Just looking for a good single player romp with good game play time, genre isn't incredibly important.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I see all these people say Mario Galaxy is the best game on the system, but it honestly made me sick (like, literally made me nauseated, the way you run around the planets sometimes). I haven't touched my Wii in a few weeks, and have been looking for a good game to get that will soak up 20+ hours, and so far it's looking like Muramasa or Little King's Story are the big recommends. Which one should I go with, or should I get both used at Gamestop and get a third game for free? So far, I've played (and beaten) the following:

Metroid Prime 3
    Zelda: Twilight Princess
    The Force Unleashed
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    RE4

Just looking for a good single player romp with good game play time, genre isn't incredibly important.
    Really hard to compare the two but if you're only going with one, I'd definitely say go with Little King's Story because it is indeed lengthy (you'll probably go well beyond 20 hrs), but there's a bit more depth and variety over the course of your play as well.

Muramasa is great too, and if you're just looking for straight up action then by all means jump in. Really fun sidescrolling hack n'slash, and if you play on Shura it requires a lot more thought, precision and timing. Just know that there isn't going to be that much in terms of variety over the course of your experience.

If you can do it, get both!

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The fact that it made you nauseous doesn't invalidade its quality :P
    LKS and Muramasa are great reccomendations, I'd get Metroid Prime Trilogy too, even if you already have Corruption. Such a great package.
    If you're the kinda guy that 100%s games, you can get a lot of hours from Wario Land too, if you just get to the final boss and shelve it though maybe not.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041