As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Ohhhh...whoops!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Don't worry, it's one of those things people usually miss. Like forgetting to make Guts rolls until the end of turn 2.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Yeah, we did that one too! Then we realized that actually every hit so far had been a kill, because both teams had viral weapons

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Army 5 is out! Here's a test of the bbcode export.

logo_61.png Combined Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10 orden_irregular.png1 orden_impetuosa.png1
    logo_4.png UMBRA LEGATE Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    logo_45.png ANYAT K1 Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (25)
    logo_16.png MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (23)
    logo_1.png MORAT Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    logo_1.png MORAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)
    logo_5.png MAAKREP TRACKER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
    logo_31.png SOGARAT Feuerbach / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (1.5 | 57)
    logo_35.png SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (3)
    logo_17.png M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (17)
    logo_12.png SPECULO KILLER Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW, Knife. (1 | 34)
    logo_26.png KURGAT Mk12, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (23)
    logo_14.png GAKI AP CCW. (4)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open with Army 5

• Options
    And the PDF export looks nice too. Gives you a weapon table with just the weapons in the list.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    They're really expanding Army 5 too. One feature they're adding is the ability to export your list to some kind of registered database for ITS. So when you turn up with your printout to an ITS event, they will already have it.

• Options
    BizaroPrimeBizaroPrime Registered User regular
    Looking at getting one of the Combined Army starters, which would you guys recommend? Have another player in my town that plays Morats but those are some fine looking models.

3DS Friend Code: 0619-3666-8604
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Depends on what you want.

Morats are straight forward face punchers. They're basically the Space Marines of Infinity. They're tough, fairly pricey, but they kill things fucking dead. They don't have terribly many tricks, and those they do have are fairly basic.

Shasvastii are one of the games camouflage factions. Only Ariadna can match them in sheer amount of hidden units. Their units aren't overly effective in a frontal attack, but camo up and waht your opponent tear his hair out trying to discover them before they alpha strike him. Just beware of expensive units with multispectral visors.

Generic Combined Army is pretty well arounded, mostly due to having access to all of the good stuff from Morats and Shasvastii, just in fewer numbers, plus its own set of tricks. Generic Combined is basically the faction if you want to take the games most powerful units and clobber your opponent over the head with them, plus play with some tech other factions can only dream of having, like Plasma weapons (hurt models twice on different save values!)) and Sepsitors (convert enemy models to your side!).

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Couple of photos from my last game. This is the new Infinity board at my FLGS. It is far, far, far too dense. The majority of the board doesn't even get used, as you're forced down these tiny alleys. That Kum biker? He got stuck there. There's almost no room for anything bigger then a 40mm base, and even those have problems.

697441_sm-.JPG

This, however, is what you call a juicy target. It was one of the only long range shots I managed, but it was a doozy.

697442_sm-.JPG

The board is shotgun and chain rifle heaven. I really hope they still have it when Acheron Falls is out. Because I want to see a super jumping link backed up up by 25mm based guys on foot that move as fast as a bike armed with shotguns. They will absolutely wreck shit on that board.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Dunno enough about board setup to comment but it looks super cool.

Trying out Army 5.
    Here's a list of stuff I have painted, mostly, pushed badly into a 300 point list.

logo_71.png Aleph

Group 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
    logo_3.png DEVA Lieutenant (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
    sep.giflogo_3_2.png DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (4)
    logo_3.png DEVA (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
    sep.giflogo_3_2.png DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (4)
    logo_3.png DEVA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (23)
    logo_9.png SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
    logo_14.png YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
    logo_17.png PROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    logo_18.png PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
    logo_4.png ASURA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 70)
    logo_6.png NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (30)
    logo_11.png ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    logo_1.png DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (15)
    logo_15.png NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)

5 SWC | 298 Points

Open with Army 5

• Options
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Couple of photos from my last game. This is the new Infinity board at my FLGS. It is far, far, far too dense. The majority of the board doesn't even get used, as you're forced down these tiny alleys. That Kum biker? He got stuck there. There's almost no room for anything bigger then a 40mm base, and even those have problems.

697441_sm-.JPG

This, however, is what you call a juicy target. It was one of the only long range shots I managed, but it was a doozy.

697442_sm-.JPG

The board is shotgun and chain rifle heaven. I really hope they still have it when Acheron Falls is out. Because I want to see a super jumping link backed up up by 25mm based guys on foot that move as fast as a bike armed with shotguns. They will absolutely wreck shit on that board.

That's Colin Clarke's board that's been around for quite a few years. Where does it live now? never had a chance to play on it but boy is it a looker.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Is that a new Haqq HI? Resculpt?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Azra'Il's existed before

but they were wimpy light HI

I say wimpy. BS 13 Feuerbach that you could fireteam with cheap holo-projected Hafza!

But now they are big beefy Sogarat-style HI! So yes, it is a resculpt, but the troop type has very much been re-done

as someone who plays QK I have to say there is very little right now they don't have access to outside TO Camo and a proper ARM 8 STR 3 TAG.

Very flexible and powerful Sectoral

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Asher wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »

697441_sm-.JPG

697442_sm-.JPG

That's Colin Clarke's board that's been around for quite a few years. Where does it live now? never had a chance to play on it but boy is it a looker.

The Hall of Heroes, Campbelltown. They used to have a CNC workshop board, but I guess that moved to their new Penrith store and they acquired this one for Campbelltown.

It really is a looker, but unfortunately that's the best I can say about it. Apparently when he designed it he exclusively played Hassassin Bahram and there was no ITS. Both of those really show in the tables design, and now that I've found that out, explains why anything bigger than 40mm doesn't work. There were no bases bigger than 40mm then, except the Maghariba Guard.
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Is that a new Haqq HI? Resculpt?

Resculpt of the Azra'il heavy infantry.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    1:1 comparison to the old Azra'il.

bfb23a69d5d986e1d3470dbc1665cad0_88115.jpg

• Options
    Yeah, I'm printing this on a poster to slap on some buildings.

GMr2zcF.jpg

embiggened

• Options
    What size are biker bases? How do they compare to 40k dreadnought bases?

• Options
    They're S4, so 55mm base, I think?

• Options
    Dread bases are what, 60mm? Conveniently not the same yet frustratingly close!

Anyway I'm settling on YuJing for my 2nd faction. I'm leaning towards resin bases, too.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah annoyingly different, but so close! There are a few places that do 55mms, but I can only think of Antenocities Workshop off the top of my head. I guess Micro arts and the other official partners should also do them. I hope you like Hexes!

Gonna run this list tonight because Remotes are wonderful.

logo_51.png Nomads

Group 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8 orden_irregular.png1 orden_impetuosa.png1
    logo_16.png INTERVENTOR Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    logo_32.png TSYKLON Feuerbach / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    logo_20.png METEOR ZOND Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
    logo_11.png SPEKTR Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
    logo_19.png VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    logo_17.png STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (17)
    logo_37.png BRAN Combi Rifle+ E/Mitter / Pistol, DA CCW. (35)
    logo_40.png RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (28)
    logo_12.png MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (6)

Group 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png4 orden_irregular.png1 orden_impetuosa.png1
    logo_10.png ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (19)
    logo_10.png ZERO (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (19)
    logo_35.png SALYUT (EVO Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)
    logo_18.png REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    logo_12.png MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (6)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

Asher on
  • Options
    So many remotes but no Engineer?

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Microarts has already got a selection of their most popular Infinity bases in 55mm, I imagine others can't be far behind.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    I spent a lot of time agonizing over my second faction and I finally settled on YuJing and tonight I got home from work and made a bunch of Morat lists help

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I spent a lot of time agonizing over my second faction and I finally settled on YuJing and tonight I got home from work and made a bunch of Morat lists help
    Why did you start Aleph?

• Options

What's that? You need help with a Morat list?

• Options
    Why did you start Aleph?

Because posthuman hacker cyborg robots!

And also Asher got the starter set for me for a SS, like, 3 years ago or something. Blame him!

• Options
    Mm, I was more honestly curious to try and see what could be a contrast to it. I originally loved the aesthetic of the Aleph, but I'm trying to force myself to do different things these days, which is why I picked up a few Tohaa models. Granted, hoods are also awesome, but still - very different, not as clean, so on and so forth.

The counter-question would be "what appeals about Yu Jing?"

• Options
    Some of it is aesthetic, some is playstyle, some is variety of minis.
    I'd like to play with bikes, and big clunky power armour. The only thing Yujing is missing for me is I don't like their TAGs.
    Though to be honest the only TAGs I really like are Nomads and some of the PanO ones

• Options
    Honestly, just wait. Hash stuff out, come back to it in two weeks and see if you still care. There's a pleasantness to the Infinity line where basically everything is cool and beautiful in its own way, which makes it quite easy to have infatuations with any and all of it. Sit on it. Paint more minis. Time will sort it out.

• Options
    So it was my birthday two weeks ago and now I got the Shasvastii vs Tohaa Dire Foes pack from a friend. Yay!

...of course, now begins the slippery slope initiated by owning a Tohaa model...

• Options
    Good start. Aelis Keesan is a very strong unit.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Sensor, man

Sensor is so immense now

Sensor in fireteams? With a Viral Rifle? Oh hell yes!

• Options
    Why did you start Aleph?

Because posthuman hacker cyborg robots!

And also Asher got the starter set for me for a SS, like, 3 years ago or something. Blame him!
    Totally my fault! And for the record Aleph is totally rad, but they do lack cyber ninjas. Yu Jing are my second faction and I love them even if I am super bad with them.

Also the lack of Engineer is because I forgot. I could probably have dropped the Stempler and Riot GRRL for Zoe and Pi-well. AS it was is didn't really matter. I got first turn and threw my morlocks forward, one of them flushed out a croc man but died in the process. I brought my meteor on, it scattered wildly and landed in front of my opponents Sierra. Amazingly it survived, and I decided to go for the gunfight as I was in good range. Then it got crit. :( Didn't get to engage in any shenanigans with it.

What went horribly wrong for my opponent was dice. He brought his Cutter out of TO to brass up one of my Zeros. Zero didn't give a fuck and Flash Pulsed it. First order of his turn and his Cutter was Blind. :( In my Turn I FO'd it on the first attempt and then took it down with 2 Smart Missiles despite needing 9s to hit. ECMs and hackers using U-Turn actually makes it really hard to kill TAGs with GMLs now. He terrible luck continued when his Father Knight engaged one of my Morlocks in Melee and got knifed right in the face. I guess Bran rampaged through his backlines at some point, but that wasn't particularly unlucky. The Cutter and the FK was just sad.

On the sensor related note, we both hod opportunities to use out sensor bots and completely forgot! I could have used mine to detect his mine and croc man, while he could have used his to reveal Bran. Brain farts all around there.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Just poked around the Infinity website after whenever their latest redesign was. I like that when you go to each army's page, it has a little graph showing the characteristics of each army, so you can see that PanO is big on TAGs and heavy infantry, and not so much on infiltrators.

It's a nice touch.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oddly Haqqislam has a super high Remote score, when their remotes are decidedly average.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Yeah there are a few scores that are decidedly baffling, but by and large it's a good indicator.

• Options
  • Options
    Yu Jing is ranked really now in Parachutist and infiltrator catagories, while I'd argue that even though they only have 1 AD trooper, the Tiger Soldiers are one of the best in the game. The low Infiltrator score is baffling as they have Ninjas and Oniwaban which are both amazing.

On a similar note, Ariadna is rated pretty highly in parchutist when they only have one AD option (ignoring Van Zant) which are OK but not great.

Haqq scores surpsingly low in Infiltration and Camo while their remotes score highly, despite them having less remotes than other factions.

The Nomad one is pretty accurate I think.

CA are really high in MI, but suprisngly low in HI, despire their fantastic Aspects and Morat heavies.

Aleph confuses me utterly, with super high ratings for Remotes and Parachutists. Garudas and Ekdromoi are OK, but the Remotes are pretty limited ...

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Haqq scores surpsingly low in Infiltration and Camo while their remotes score highly, despite them having less remotes than other factions.

To be fair, Haqq doesn't have very strong camo. They have a few units, but nowhere near being a strong aspect of the faction.

Their Remote score should be their light infantry score. They're the go to faction for great, varied light infantry. Their light infantry scrore should be their medium infantry score. They've got some strong stuff in there - Djanbazan, Ragiks, Lasiqs, etc, but just not many of them. Their medium infantry score should be their remote score.

What's funny is none of the faction descriptions by players at the bottom even mention remotes. Like, at all. One praises the light and medium infantry, the other the varied units the faction has access to. Remotes get nary a mention. Which you'd think they would if they were the factions strongest asset.
    Aleph confuses me utterly, with super high ratings for Remotes and Parachutists. Garudas and Ekdromoi are OK, but the Remotes are pretty limited ...

I play against someone who uses vanilla Aleph as one of my main opponents. He loves his remotes. I'll be facing 3-4 every game. If there's a faction that deserves a strong remote score, it's Aleph.

-Loki- on
This discussion has been closed.