As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Fantasy General

• Options
    RedThornRedThorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Stick with the plan and give the Wing Riders the wand. Trying to make a good unit overpowered always trumps trying to make a crappy unit less crappy in my book.

RedThorn on
    League of Legends: Drokmir
    Steam: Drokmir
  • Options
    FerrosolFerrosol Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That's right, you all got volunteered to join the fight, welcome to the 1st Arcadian Volunteers. Normally each general can pick 4 units, but we needed a unit of Light Infantry anyways, even if they do suck massively to start with. Fantasy General has a Kill/Wound system, so I expect we'll burn through the initial volunteers pretty quick, I will keep track of the roster on the first post, people will be killed in the order they volunteered, except for the narrator of course, so I don't think Devoutly Apathetic will be long for this world.

I have linked the artwork for each unit to the first time it is mentioned in the story, if you guys want, I can inline them instead. Also, your input as to research, what we should buy and who should get the Wand is welcome. I have outlined the plan Krell and Co. will go with if there isn't a consensus from the audience. It also happens to be probably the best plan, but don't let that stop you.

I didnt get volunteered. /cries Hmm never played as Krell so this should be interesting to watch. Oh and give the wand to the useless flying dude and attack The Scarlet Plains.

Ferrosol on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I knew I was going to forget someone, time has been magically altered so you were volunteered.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    RedThorn wrote: »
    Stick with the plan and give the Wing Riders the wand. Trying to make a good unit overpowered always trumps trying to make a crappy unit less crappy in my book.

Howard Johnson is right!

Seriously, this is a good move.

hamdingers on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Am I dead yet?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Am I dead yet?

No actually, no casualties in the 1st Arcadians during the battle of the Scarlet Plain, mostly because they never went into combat. Update forthcoming.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Episode 2, The Battle of the Scarlet Plain

barena011.png
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PVH78Twi0
    barena023.png

barena024.png
    marcus.png: Welcome to the Scarlet Plain, a tiny, inconsequential skirmish that will begin our campaign. The objectives here are simple, destroy Dragga's forces in the area. Secondary objectives include liberating the Shrine of Hespae in the East and the town of Fellstan in the south.

barena025.png

marcus.png: Krell isn't really known for his tactical experience, so he has deployed the force in a pretty standard formation, or as close as he can get with the tiny warband we've got going here. Cavalry on the flanks, light cavalry screening and heavy infantry making up the center. The 1st Arcadian is placed in the village of Runcia to serve as "strategic reserve." By which Krell means the hell out of the way.

barena026.png

barena029.png

barena031.png
    krell.png: And so we begin. It looks treacherously clear so the 11th Wing Riders are sent to do some aerial recon, which locates two units of Goblins, this is going to be easier than I thought. Let's deal with the goblins defiling the shrine first, now where did I put my spell book?

barena032.png

barena034.png

barena035.png
    krell.png: I'm no war wizard by trade, but I can still fling a fireball like the best of them.

mordra.png: Not bad for an old fart.

marcus.png: I should point out, that most units have 15 health, and the Archmage just dealt those goblins 5 wounds. Now, wounds can be recovered by a unit resting a turn, provided they aren't engaged by any hostiles, but I don't think Krell here is likely to just leave them be after that.

krell.png: Hardly.

barena036.png

krell.png: The 7th Conjurers are mere dabblers when it comes to magic, but they can cast Death Wounds, which transforms any wound a unit would deal into a kill instead. If you would please Calis?

calis.png: My pleasure. 10th Unicorns; charge!

barena037.png
    calis.png: I never get tired of doing that.

marcus.png: While it's moot here, I should point out that unlike wounds, kills can only be replenished by a unit reinforcing from within or adjacent to a controlled village, town or castle.

barena038.png
    krell.png: The bulk of the warband moves up the road, maintaining formation around the archers while the 6th Light Cavalry liberates the Shrine, and is met by a unit of auxiliary Squires.

calis.png: Auxiliary units are volunteers who have joined your army o help free their home continent, unlike the rest of your forces they disband when you move on to the next foe. Still, more cavalry is always good.

mordra.png: Of course, since they are leaving anyways, this means you can be very free with auxiliary lives towards the end of a continent.

calis.png: I suppose...

barena041ta.png
    krell.png: The Light Cavalry and Slingers provide better scouting than most units and their movement forward reveals the bulk of Dragga's forces in the area. 2 more goblins and 2 units of Orcs.

barena042.png

barena043.png
    krell.png: Dragga's units mostly move forward to join the fray, but the 10th Unicorns suffer for being out in front and exposed, although they give better than they got. Nonetheless, some payback is in order.

barena044.png
    mordra.png: Death from above!

barena045.png

barena046.png
    marcus.png: Ah, the first rule of skirmishers, "Attack early, attack often." Light Cavalry and skirmish units have what is aptly called a skirmish attack value. Units with a skirmish attack value attacking units with only melee get their hits in for free and then break off before melee. Same deal with missile units. In general, missile goes before skirmish which goes before melee. Siege goes in there somewhere, but I always forget where.

calis.png: Krell has wisely positioned his skirmish units to block the retreat of Dragga's forces. Skirmishers and Light Cavalry can be left exposed a bit more safely than other units as they have a chance to convert wounds and deaths into morale damage instead.

mordra.png: "Discretion is the better part of valor?"

calis.png: Something like that yes.

krell.png: Hmm, I wonder if that fireball, death wounds unicorn charge combo will work again?

barena047.png
    krell.png: Seems so. Now to deal with those orcs

barena048.png

barena049.png
    krell.png: The 1st Treemen soften them up and the 3rd Air Warriors finishes them off.

marcus.png: The "Disordered" note up there indicates that the Treemen have taken heavy morale loss, it's not a huge deal, but one should keep an eye on it.

calis.png: Units that take too much morale damage will become "Broken" and receive stiff penalties to their combat attributes until they rest. Remember: "Broken" is a code word for "Cavalry charge here."

mordra.png: What isn't a codeword for "Cavalry charge here." for you Calis?

calis.png: Err. There are a few things that are better solved with infantry, but a good cavalry charge will solve a lot of problems.

barena050.png
    krell.png: Dragga's forces offer to surrender. Thoughts?

calis.png: Not a chance.

marcus.png: Hell no.

mordra.png: Pfft, yeah, right.

krell.png: That's about what I was thinking too.

barena051.png
    krell.png: Dragga's last Orcs withdraw to Fellstan, where we will promptly skirmish them to death.

barena052.png

barena053.png
    krell.png: A bit of that later and I dust off my Fear spell. Not quite as fun as fireball, but it should prevent those Orcs from doing anything useful this turn.

mordra.png: Fear will automatically break a unit if they fail a morale check, fun.

marcus.png: Check out the difference in the Orc's stats now that they are broken, ouch.

barena054.png
    marcus.png: You damn right he is, way to go Krell!

calis.png: Indeed, good show!

mordra.png: Good work. Old fart.

barena055.png

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Episode 3, The Battle of Hoaroot Forest

krell.png Well, we did pretty well at the Scarlet Plain, maybe Dragga really is as big a pushover as they say.

barena056.png
    barena057.png
    krell.png Well shit. Alright, whoever is handling intelligence right now is fire(balle)d, Mordra, once we finish here I want you to take over and see if you can maybe let us know about these sorts of things a bit more in advance.

mordra.png You got it chief.

barena064.png
    barena065.png
    marcus.png Hoaroot Forest barely deserves the name, the major obstacle here is that damn river.

calis.png Where did those Lizardmen come from?

krell.png Apparently those are the "local troops" who joined the fight.

calis.png That's odd, I don't remember there being any Lizardmen villages on Keldonia...

mordra.png *whistles innocently*

barena068.png
    krell.png Disregarding the Lizardmen, our main problem here is forcing that river crossing. It seems Dragga has more at his disposal than just Orcs and Goblins.

calis.png We need to prevent those Serpent Riders from being able to charge us, this side of the river is perfect cavalry terrain.

marcus.png Except those Slave Archers will hit anyone that tries to attack those Orcs and Serpent Riders with defensive fire before melee happens.

krell.png Right, so here is what we are going to do: first, hit the archers with a unicorn charge, then finish them off with the Wing Riders. After that we can deal with the cavalry and heavy infantry. Maybe cast Death Wounds on someone just to spice things up.

barena069.png
    barena070.png
    barena072.png

krell.png And that should solve that in our favor, the troops can mop up next turn.

calis.png Wow, the way the troops were deployed was masterful, set up perfectly to deal with the enemies holding the crossing.

marcus.png Yeah, almost as if Krell knew they would be there.

krell.png What? I'm an archmage, I scryed the place before we went in.

mordra.png Scryed the strategy guide more like.

krell.png Yes, well... let's move on.

barena073.png
    krell.png The fight at the crossing is the only real action during the first turn, on Dragga's turn he brings up some reinforcements which leaves us in rather good position to continue the assault.

marcus.png Except for our light cavalry, which repulsed a goblin attack, but was broken in the process.

barena074.png
    krell.png A small detachment of infantry has been dispatched to cross the lightly defended southern river crossing and liberate the Altar of the Twin.

mordra.png I've heard rumors my old girlfriend Shandel is holed up somewhere near there.

calis.png You mean your friend that happens to be a girl right?

mordra.png Sure.

barena075.png
    marcus.png Well how about that, those peasents have some fight in them after all.

krell.png A few more incidental fights during this turn leave Dragga with very few units at full health, so hopefully his next turn will be brief and quiet.

barena076.png
    marcus.png Ha! The Orcs garrisoning the Altar attack into the face of our defensive fire and pay for it.

barena077.png
    krell.png Completely without fanfare or notice the volunteer Squires made short work of the Goblins in the northern Standing Stones and loot the place.

calis.png Odd, I thought I saw Malric fly off a minute ago, I wonder what he's up to?

barena078.png
    krell.png The Altar is likewise liberated this turn, our warchets is looking pretty good about now.

marcus.png Our hero selection, isn't though.

calis.png I'm sure somebody wants to work for Krell, we've just got to have faith.

barena079.png
    marcus.png Look at those Peasants go!

calis.png Marcus... I think one of them died.

marcus.png So? This is war, people die.

calis.png Yes, but... Ah well, I will speak with them later.

barena080.png
    krell.png Turn four leaves Dragga with two units, the Orcs garrisoning the town of Linden, and a beat up group of goblins wandering the swamps south of the Altar.

barena081.png
    krell.png The goblins offer to surrender after they see the orcs eat a particularly unpleasant Treeman-Death Wounds sandwich. Instead, I have the Wing Riders wipe them from the map, and Hoaroot Forest is won.

barena082.png
    barena083.png
    barena084.png
    barena085.png
    krell.png Behold: The benefit of being the commander who is rewarded with gold instead of heroes. We've gotten our hands on enough money to buy me some new summoning spells, and just in time too, as we're knocking at Dragga's doorstep.

barena086.png
    mordra.png I think the supply train can probably handle a small increase in the size of our forces if you want chief.

calis.png Shouldn't we upgrade our existing units?

krell.png Magical units can't upgrade, I can dismiss what we have and summon the new versions but then we won't have any gold to buy new units with.

marcus.png Actually, we don't have enough gold to do even that, as Pegasi are apparently gold plated and cost 48 gold a unit.

krell.png It's decision time, do we want to be infantry or cavalry heavy? We need another unit of archers regardless, and after that I'd like either some more skirmishers or light cavalry. If we decide to do infantry, I'll pick up skirmishers and "upgrade" the Air Warriors into more Treemen, if we do cavalry I'll pick up light cavalry and get us some Elf Knights to replace the unicorns. Thoughts?

marcus.png Infantry.

calis.png Cavalry.

mordra.png Don't care.

krell.png Thanks a lot guys.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow I totally missed the 2nd update.

So, decision making time (might be clearer if it was bold outside of the spoiler tags)? Infantry or calvary? I'd go for more treehuggers on horsies

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow I totally missed the 2nd update.

So, decision making time (might be clearer if it was bold outside of the spoiler tags)? Infantry or calvary? I'd go for more treehuggers on horsies

Most people did it seems. I was getting a little worried.

Edit: To reiterate for the new page, we need to decide whether we want to go for infantry or cavalry as our main striking force. We'll have both, of course, but the army will naturally weigh towards one side or the other.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is it too late to become a hanger on to this fine game sir Kayne?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Of course not, I'll add you to the volunteer list. I expect more than a couple casualties in the next battle.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm I would say go cavalry they may not have the staying power of Heavy infantry but they are nasty as hell out on the open plains. Also when not in open plains you can use the sacrifices err volunteers to flush them out. Plus who doesn't love a fantasy medieval blitzkrieg backed up by real lightning as well :)

Ferrosol on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't know anything about the game mechanics at all, but a cavalary charge is always the way to go if you ask me.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I haven't taken the time to figure out what's going on in those screenshots either. More cavalry!

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    IgelIgel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I say a cavalcade of cavalry. That is, unless you're expecting alot of difficult terrain or something, but I don't know how the game works really.

Igel on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Damn, if I would have gotten here sooner I could've voted for Lord Marcus so that you could enjoy solving every single problem you ever come across with Heavy Spearmen.

Kayne, I swear to Christ, it's like you're playing through my childhood. First Master of Magic and now this? I will be watching the SHIT out of this thread.

My vote is going to be infantry, all the way. I've never found a cavalry-focused army to be quite as good - though, by the looks of it you have what it takes to show me how it's done. Regardless I'm curious to see what the high level infantry of the archmage is.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to see some hot Elf Knight action, so CAVALRY.

Also completely missed that second update.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I also vote Cavalry. More units that can upgrade means less wasted money in the long run, and there's never a reason to not have more horses on the field

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I sort of regret doing this one as more of a character based LP as it makes less sense for me to ramble about game mechanics. On the other hand, I'm pretty long-winded, so it could be for the best. Regarding infantry and cavalry:

Generally speaking, heavy infantry and cavalry will form the spearhead of your army, they hit like trucks and can take a beating. Cavalry tend to have slightly less potent stats than heavy infantry (compare the Unicorns and Air Warriors who are both tier 0 magical units) however, heavy infantry are slower than cavalry, and cavalry get a +8 melee bonus when they are attacking into a clear hex. That bonus makes cavalry especially beefy in the early continents where +8 is a huge percentage of their normal attack.

I would say that infantry fares a little better in rough terrain, but honestly, light infantry is made for dealing with that, so there isn't much use for heavy infantry if one is picking up a lot of cav.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I sort of regret doing this one as more of a character based LP as it makes less sense for me to ramble about game mechanics. On the other hand, I'm pretty long-winded, so it could be for the best. Regarding infantry and cavalry:

Generally speaking, heavy infantry and cavalry will form the spearhead of your army, they hit like trucks and can take a beating. Cavalry tend to have slightly less potent stats than heavy infantry (compare the Unicorns and Air Warriors who are both tier 0 magical units) however, heavy infantry are slower than cavalry, and cavalry get a +8 melee bonus when they are attacking into a clear hex. That bonus makes cavalry especially beefy in the early continents where +8 is a huge percentage of their normal attack.

I would say that infantry fares a little better in rough terrain, but honestly, light infantry is made for dealing with that, so there isn't much use for heavy infantry if one is picking up a lot of cav.

Hmm never knew precisely how cavalry worked thanks for the info. I just operated on the principle that cavalry worked best in open terrain but now I have the power of numbers. Besides that I like your style of writing and I suppose you could either include the boring tactical bits in a bonus interlude have Marcus give Krell a "tactical primer" perhaps? or just infodump it in the middle of existing chapters either can work.

Ferrosol on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Episode 4, The Battle of Cynehelm Valley

barena087.png
    barena088.png
    mordra.png The objective here is to capture Castle Draggario, and for once Dragga might have a competant force at his disposal.

marcus.png He really named his castle after himself?

mordra.png Yep.

krell.png What an idiot. Let us get down to business then.

barena089.png
    krell.png Cynehelm is a bit bigger than the previous battles, and has the additional quirk of forcing us to deploy our forces around two seperate towns.

barena090.png
    barena091.png
    krell.png Our cavalry will be positioned around Stanfeld in the north, and the infantry around Fearlea in the south, mostly anyways.

calis.png Stanfeld sounds familiar, didn't we liberate it in a previous battle?

marcus.png No, that was Fellstan, totally different town.

mordra.png Keldonians suck at naming things.

barena095.png
    krell.png The infantry begins marching along the southern road and locates no enemies, yet. The cavalry, on the other hand, is immediately confronted with a possibly tough river assault.

calis.png Ugh, Ogres, that could get messy.

marcus.png Looks like Krell has the the Elf Chariots trying to flank around the river, we'll see.

barena096.png
    krell.png Ogres are tough as nails, they attacked our volunteer cavalry, which was covered by archers, and despite this, our squires came out second best. No casualties, but broken means they are out of it for a turn.

marcus.png On the plus side, those Ogres are now smack dab in the river, which should make things a bit easier.

barena097.png
    barena098.png
    krell.png So it seems. After a barrage of fireballs and skirmishing, the Ogres are charged in the rear and destroyed, leaving us with command of the ford, and Dragga's advance guard scurrying back towards Draggario Castle.

calis.png That Light Cavalry is going to take a beating.

mordra.png I'm sure they'll be fine.

barena099.png
    barena100.png
    krell.png The infantry continues along, and so far the way is remarkably clear. As an aside, casting Death Wounds on your skirmishers is always a good idea.

calis.png I've got a bad feeling about this. It's too easy by far.

marcus.png I agree, Dragga is dumb, but letting us just walk up to his castle is beyond even him.

krell.png I'm sure we'll be fine.

barena101.png
    barena102.png
    barena103.png
    barena104.png
    krell.png Okay, that could have been worse. Dragga spends his turn beating up our skirmishers and light cavalry, but doesn't manage to destroy anything, so we'll recover.

mordra.pngDisease Throwers? Funny that we're storming his castle, but Dragga is the only one here with siege weapons.

barena106.png
    barena108.png
    krell.png He won't have them for long at this rate.

calis.png Those Pegasi took more of a beating there than they really should have, I hope Dragga doesn't have any Sky Hunters of his own still.

mordra.png You mean like those Serpent Griffons circling above Castle Draggario?

krell.png Crap *Fireball* There, that should even the odds a bit.

barena109.png
    krell.png Meanwhile the infantry deal a serious blow to those Serpent Riders, although they manage to not quite all die this turn.

mordra.png Lot's of serpent units in Dragga's army, that's interesting.

calis.png Why?

mordra.png Oh no reason, just a thought.

barena110.png
    marcus.png Dragga is an idiot.

barena111.png
    marcus.png That, on the other hand hurts.

krell.png Except he doesn't follow up with the Griffons, so our Pegasi live to fight another day.

calis.png The Serpent Riders and Disease Throwers ran back towards the Castle, that won't be fun next turn.

barena112.png
    barena113.png
    barena114.png
    marcus.png Always hit the archers first. Always.

krell.png Indeed, a good lesson to remember.

calis.png And with all the enemies removed from around the Pegasi, they can take a quick rest and recover their wounds.

barena115.png
    krell.png Okay, there's really no good reason for that. At least the Goblins retreated out of the Shrine, we'll hammer them again with some Air Warriors.

barena116.png
    calis.png Hey look at that, a hero.

mordra.png Pff, "Strongarm," how strong could he be really?

barena117.png
    mordra.png Okay, that's pretty damn strong. Any human stronger than a Werebear is doing something right, or wrong, depending on your point of view I guess.

marcus.png Loric is a Heavy Infantry hero, and he hits like a truck. As all heroes, he only has 10 health, but he can only take wounds, so a turn of resting will bring him up to full strength as long as there are no enemies nearby.

krell.png Loric can also inspire feats of incredible rage from friendly troops, granting them a bonus to melee, at the cost of a penalty to armor.

calis.png I don't know if that's worth it.

krell.png Indeed, we'll mostly be using him to break faces. It feels wrong having the barbarian cast spells anyways.

barena118.png
    barena119.png
    krell.png Now that I'm not panicking it occurs to me I know a spell specifically for killing air units. Whirlwind works pretty well.

calis.png I'm not sure if those Griffons are ever going to be able to attack us.

krell.png That's the idea.

barena120.png
    krell.png All the heavies were used to deal with the archers and goblins, so the liberation of Norcross will wait a turn. We'll keep those goblins on their toes with our light cavalry though.

marcus.png If we're lucky, they'll be dumb enough to attack into the teeth of our defensive fire.

mordra.png Nope.

calis.png Amazing, Dragga did absolutely nothing on his turn.

krell.png Well alright then, let's get this show on the road.

barena121y.png
    barena122.png
    krell.png Well, that explains where everyone went.

marcus.png That's not going to be pleasant, I don't think we can prevent that cavalry from charging us.

calis.png Sure we can.

barena123.png
    calis.png Pre-emptive charge!

barena124.png
    marcus.png Ouch.

mordra.png Yeah, that looked painful.

krell.png To be fair, casting Death Wounds on Loric was probably a bit much.

mordra.png No no, it was totally worth it.

barena125.png
    barena126.png
    krell.png That's more like it. This turn went pretty badly for Dragga, we've destroyed his cavalry, his siege engines, liberated Marebeck in the south and drove his goblins our of Norcross in the north. The only really annoying thing is those goblins from the Shrine are still roaming the mountains near there. We'll get them eventually.

barena127.png
    barena128.png
    mordra.png Oh no! Not our volunteers that we don't give a fig about since they are leaving after this battle anyways! Whatever will we do?

calis.png Mordra...

mordra.png What? We were all thinking it.

krell.png Anyways, other than that, and a particularly unlucky attack on our light cavalry, Dragga does nothing.

barena129.png
    krell.png The Pegasi finally end the Serpent Griffons.

barena130.png
    krell.png And the Treemen put the hurt on those Orcs. Which really ought to be retreating about now.

marcus.png Units in Castles, Towers and Keeps don't retreat Krell.

krell.png Well damn. I guess we'll do this the hard way then.

barena131.png
    krell.png Will someone please rid me of these meddlesome goblins?

marcus.png Hey, free experience isn't all bad.

krell.png Those Air Warriors are going to get replaced soon enough, experience doen't really mean anything for them.

marcus.png Well dang. Maybe next turn then.

barena132.png
    krell.png And this cave was left totally undefended, netting us another 40 gold, which we desperately need at this point.

barena133.png
    barena134.png
    krell.png Finally. Dragga attacked our slingers on his turn, and the Air Warriors finally kill those goblins.

marcus.png Not shown is the complete annihilation of every unit of Dragga's other than the Orcs guarding his castle.

krell.png One would think they would surrender.

calis.png They can't, unlike the previous battles, this one won't end until we take the castle.

krell.png Well let us do that then.

barena135.png
    barena136.png
    krell.png The 1st Arcadians land the killing blow on the last orc and Castle Draggario falls to our forces.

dragga.png Uh.. Please don't kill me?

krell.png Yeah alright. *Baleful Polymorph*

calis.png You turned him into a newt?

krell.png He'll get better.

mordra.png *Groan*

barena137.png
    barena138.png
    marcus.png Whoo! Cash money!

mordra.png And there go the volunteers, hooray.

krell.png Excuse me for a moment. I have to go pose like a badass.

barena139.png

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    :^:

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gah! Monty Python puns it burns! it burns!

Anyway on to the next continent which in the words of the last lets play of Fantasy General I read "does not so much remove the training wheels as take off and nuke the whole bike from orbit"

Ferrosol on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oooh, this is snazzy. More, more!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    WheezerWheezer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    "Volunteers leave your army" eh? I think we all know who will be taking the point in the future, getting smacked by disease throwers, ogres and giant lizards.

Wheezer on
    megamansig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I always feel bad for not responding to all the posts in these threads, uhm, I'm sorry I got you killed Xtarath, it really shouldn't have happened.

Regarding training wheels, yeah. I wish Keldonia was a bit longer so it could transition from laughably easy to some semblance of what the first battle on the Isle of the Winds is. Pretty much the only battle on Keldonia that even resembles the rest of the game is Cynehelm Valley, and then only just. We'll manage though, it's not until the third continent that I start having issues. Razm frazm jungle.

As an aside, we have another 4 unit slots open as soon as we start the new continent, so any suggestions as to what you'd like me to buy would be appreciated. Also! Not sure if anyone noticed, but all units can be renamed, so if you want to change all the "13th Elf Chariots" &c. to something cool or whatever let me know. Unless there's a really good suggestion I'd like to leave heroes named the way they start though.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    'Krunk Hotpunch' is always a top contender for the role of Beefy Man-Hero.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's alright Kayne, these things happen. You just need to send more of my brothers with me

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What? You don't think "Loric Strongarm" is ridiculous enough?

Edit: I'm worried about using the Arcadians in combat as I'm going to run out of people pretty shortly if my guess is correct.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What? You don't think "Loric Strongarm" is ridiculous enough?

Edit: I'm worried about using the Arcadians in combat as I'm going to run out of people pretty shortly if my guess is correct.

That's exactly the reason you should be using the Arcadians in combat :twisted:

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    But it's so lonely here in the afterlife.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    But Kayne, I says, you're a Wizard. You can do anything.

Including resurrecting our gloopified, manky corpses to fight on from beyond the sultry lips of death, eh? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, casual looks and glances, know what I mean, know what I mean?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Unlived as he lived: Serving eternally.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    By the end of the war the Arcadians will be reduced to a seething mass of putrefied limbs and discarded torsos, slithering across the earth under an obscuring haze of black flies.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm pretty sure Calis wouldn't like that.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ...One of our number could be his beloved horse, felled by a stray blow from a cowardly orc and generously brought back into service by the good arch mage?

Work with me here.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, the bad wizards use necromancy, as you shall soon see, we'll have to come up with some other explanation if I run out of bodies for the Arcadians. (I have a possible plan).

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Awww. Bad wizards have all the fun.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sign me up for combat duty! Send my carcass home with my boots on

Smaug6 on