Options

Home Theater Help – Receiver with wireless capability?

NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Here is what I have:

HD TV
DVD Player w/Speakers
Various consoles

Here is what I want to get:

Blu-ray Player
Receiver

I was hoping to buy a stand alone receiver that is compatible with the speakers I already have.

The rear speakers I currently have are wireless. There's a transmitter card in the back. I haven't found a receiver that it is compatible with it. Anybody know of one?

The DVD player I have says SH-FX65T on it. The label on the transmitter card has SH-FX65T on it.

dvdplayer.jpg

NibCrom on

• Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A quick google search on those numbers turned up this document. (Also, here, check out listed models) I'm pretty sure you're screwed based on the "Designed for Panasonic..." line right at the top. Generally speaking, you won't find too many receivers with wireless capability. Why? Because those speakers suck ass, and most people buying standalone receivers are aiming for a bit more quality. People who don't care so much about quality but don't want to break the bank or look at wires all over the place buy Home-Theater-in-a-Box setups similar to your DVD thing there.

The downsides to the standalone receiver are price and loss of wireless. The downsides to your system are quality and lack of inputs. It'll be up to you which direction to go. Question though...if your speakers are wireless what are the four pairs of outputs I see there to the left by the fan?

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Front, center, and sub is my guess.

If $X bought a 5.1 with wireless speakers or a 3.1 system whose speakers were a bit better, I would get the 3.1 every time hands down.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Front, center, and sub is my guess.

If $X bought a 5.1 with wireless speakers or a 3.1 system whose speakers were a bit better, I would get the 3.1 every time hands down.

You are 100% right I looked at the second link I edited in there, and that's definitely a wireless for the back.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet