As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands: OLD thread is OLD

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I signed up for the TF2 tournament, but I think my match will be over by then. Hell yes, I'd like to join you.

Peewi on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What's your Anarchy like, out of curiosity? I have a 143x4, 12.5 fire rate, which, from what I understand is merely decent.

The mind boggles.

Elendil on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    is it possible for a perfect anarchy to have both the highest possible damage rating and the highest possible fire rate?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sure the Anarchy has the damage/fire rate trade-off you tend to see in other SMGs

I've never seen a thumper Anarchy

I assume they do not exist

Some SMG titles do sort of the same thing--Bruisers are higher powered, but with a lower fire rate, but an Anarchy is obviously going to always have the Anarchy title

Anyway, I believe the legit mega-Anarchy is 204x4 with a 13.8 fire rate which is patently ridonkulous

Elendil on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thumpers just feel so wrong to me

captaink on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If anyone needs help beating something I have a shield that has 80 million hitpoints literally.

just sayin.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    Thumpers just feel so wrong to me
    that's because they are wrong in every way

fire rate is the whole point of SMGs

you want high-damage and low fire rate? use one of the combat rifles to that effect

thumpers are just terrible

I die a little every time I find a thumper

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    why even play if you have a shield like that

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, a great anarchy makes Craw so much fun. It changed my whole perspective and I am interested to see what I can do on clap-trap knoxx with it!

I think mine is 254*4 and it might be a double anarchy.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm using a torgue 204x4 steel anarchy

27.0 accuracy, 13.8 fire rate, 81 clip

I have gladly traded off higher damage for the increased fire rate + clip

a close-up spray can pretty much take out craw's front in a few clips

clip

clip

Beasteh on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    What's your Anarchy like, out of curiosity? I have a 143x4, 12.5 fire rate, which, from what I understand is merely decent.

The mind boggles.

My anarchy's hardly GODLIKE but in the hands of a siren with a good mercenary mod, it doesn't take much:

HX3DoubleAnarchy.png

The nice part is that it reloads almost instantaneously. Fast enough that when killing knoxx to get into the armory, all I have to do is hop up and down next to him, hosing his face. It reloads so fast that he's never not stunned, and I kill him so fast if I have my merc mod on (usually I'm catalyst specced because, well, it's more fun) that I don't even have to piss around with killing the adds.

Other highlights from the day:

CR2-BGenocideAvenger2.pngDL300PearlMasher.png

KLR1PestilentDefiler.pngRV300BPestilentDefiler.png

Thank you +2 find rare items. You make me think I'll get nice things.

Kind of wish my first pearlescent wasn't a level 48, but oh well, at least I've gotten one!

Sorry for the hideous images but it's way too late for me to futz around making them re-transparent after knocking the filesize down by 3/4.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Going back into Borderlands to finish up the cheevos is like...it's like coming home. For six months, it was my home.

There's only one way to make it better: play the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack on repeat behind it.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I went from hating Roland to loving him. Leader class mod if no one else has it (turret/medic/support build), Support Gunner if people like ammo regen, Rifleman/Commando if I'm feeling gun-heavy, and Shock Trooper if I'm feeling punchy.

Haven't tried out Tactician or Heavy Gunner yet.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    tactician and heavy gunner are my favorite mods, and arguably his best for general use

in fact, I'd say that heavy gunner is generally better than rifleman for using combat rifles, and it also works with SMGs and other non-shotguns.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zenitram wrote: »
    I went from hating Roland to loving him.
    Same story here

it costs a lot of points to get to his really great skills, I think, so he kind of lags for a while

once he hits 40-45 though he spontaneously becomes some sort of celestial being

Elendil on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kainy wrote: »

sorry to break it to you G, but extensive testing has proven that +2 find rare items is bugged and doesn't work

Beasteh on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    tactician and heavy gunner are my favorite mods, and arguably his best for general use

in fact, I'd say that heavy gunner is generally better than rifleman for using combat rifles, and it also works with SMGs and other non-shotguns.
    I haven't tried out all the mods yet, but I do find myself switching between heavy gunner and rifleman alot.

I'm not max level yet, I have stat, and all the pertinent rifleman talents, so I can't get up to supply drop at this time. So I find myself running out of ammo with heavy gunner. If I have a nice assault rifle, I prefer rifleman, if I have a nice machine gun, I like heavy gunner (bullet hose doesn't do it justice, more like bullet beam because of the lack of recoil).

If I don't have a nice combat rifle, well heavy gunner is just more general.

(I just checked and saw that rifleman can have ammo regen, mine has the recoil reduction; heavy gunner can have a damage boost, mine has the increased fire rate, which is why I have the ammo problem)

Oddly enough, I was surprised to find that shotguns were not my Roland's second highest weapon proficiency, nor were sniper rifles (I found a volcano fairly early on) but pistols. I blame my pestilent defiler. I forgot that I killed my way through every lance area of PT1 with that revolver, it's sooo good.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    when I run out of ammo, I just switch to Support Gunner until I get a decent amount back.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Kainy wrote: »

sorry to break it to you G, but extensive testing has proven that +2 find rare items is bugged and doesn't work
    My completely unscientific experience tells me different.

I always seem to find more oranges with it on.

And I am thereby psychologically incapable of removing it.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So figured with the new achievements, now is a perfect time to start my Siren run. Never played it before and I could gather those ever elusive 'cheevos. They don't work. I've reached lvl 13 and nothing. Not a jot. Am I the only one with shitty luck?

Big Classy on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What level can pearlescent weapons drop?

Is it like, any level, in Knoxx? Do they only drop in Knoxx areas? I had previously thought they were only level 61 things but then I've seen images of some with level 48 reqs.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What level can pearlescent weapons drop?

Is it like, any level, in Knoxx? Do they only drop in Knoxx areas? I had previously thought they were only level 61 things but then I've seen images of some with level 48 reqs.

They only drop in Knoxx, but sometimes you also find cheap guns. You don't only find weapons level 50 and higher.

Big Isy wrote: »
    So figured with the new achievements, now is a perfect time to start my Siren run. Never played it before and I could gather those ever elusive 'cheevos. They don't work. I've reached lvl 13 and nothing. Not a jot. Am I the only one with shitty luck?

I noticed that I only got some of the achievements on Mordecai. He was past the first playthrough and in Zombie Land and although a bunch of them did pop up, I still have never been to Skag Gully.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I really only use in duels or if I'm trying to help someone. It really cheapens the game.

Although It's fun to duel someone 30 levels above me and then watch his face as his attacks bounce off my armor like bb's.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I really only use in duels or if I'm trying to help someone. It really cheapens the game.

Although It's fun to duel someone 30 levels above me and then watch his face as his attacks bounce off my armor like bb's.
    Does it take days to charge back up?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Does it take days to charge back up?

No but it takes a good 3 minutes of constant super fast number-moving charging.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Carion Call

+

ppz1170wliquidinvader.png

= Infinite Bloodwing (until you burn through your sniper ammo).
    zoomed 5 hit burst is magic with only a few points in the skill

stigweard on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    dang that is a hell of a fire rate on that thing

(use a sniper mod with ammo regen)

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Invaders are pretty cool. I've kept this one, but I don't use it.
    jhtjW.png

They also come as pistols.
    U0gNz.png

This is my primary weapon.
    O1ZW8.png

I recently found this one, which does slightly more damage. Some other things, such as it not having a scope, has mad me not use it. I couldn't get myself to throw it away, though.
    4Or3q.png

This is my corrosive weapon. It's pretty good, but I kinda wish I had something with a higher fire rate.
    2rD6t.png

I have a sniper rifle that shoots lightning.
    jSdN2.png

I have a few different fire weapons and can't really decide what to use.
    6EQjw.png
    4vYNn.png
    WyNyr.png
    I mostly use the SMG, but the Volcano is super awesome too. The pistol isn't too bad either and I feel like I should use that due to speccing as rogue (bloodwing) and gunslinger, with nothing in sniper.

Right now, my equipped weapons are the Vicious Orion, the Swift Equalizer, the Pestilent Defiler and the Combustion Hellfire.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    which class do you play

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I play Mordecai. Specced in Bloodwing and gunslinger, as I say in the end of the post.

Peewi on
  • Options
    BogartandMinervaBogartandMinerva Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anybody up for some Vanilla/DLC 1 Borderlands on PS3 today? My PSN is BogartandMinerva, send me an invite, have a 41 Siren, 19 Soldier, 10 Brick, and 7 Mordecai.

BogartandMinerva on
  • Options
    BogartandMinervaBogartandMinerva Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Really? No one wants to border any lands on PS3?

BogartandMinerva on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kind of a slow thread man, no one probably noticed you posted.

Also I don't have a PS3. :P

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seems like most folks round these parts are PC or 360 so that could be why it is hard to find folks on the PS3.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ergh argh etc

turns out my fam is gonna be watching something on PBS (video games live) until 10:30 PM eastern

so i won't be on for moxxi until after then, around 10:35-45

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Did my first 20 round moxxi thing today with 2 buddies.

Good lord, that was grueling.

Only 2 more to go!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    kainy and his bro and I attempted a 20 rounder in the gully

my connection was pretty poor, but they were troopers and we got to round 20 before finally dyin

all agreed it was time for some rest, and fuck the achievements

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, in a sequel to Borderlands, I think it could be cool to have the option to set a secondary Class Mod that you can just hit a button to switch to. Like A button on 360, since that just cycles weapons, and who uses that crap when you can select exactly which weapon you need from the d-pad.

For example, I'm playing Hunter, firing off revolver rounds like a machine gun with a Gunslinger mod, but I'm getting overwhelmed, so I hit A to switch to my Hunter mod and toss out Bloodwing, and he picks off the rest.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    that would be ideal - i could switch between support gunner and heavy gunner without going into the menu :^:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    oh shiiiiiit

picked up a version of Ajax's Spear:

186 damage, 12.5 fire rate, 91.3% accuracy, x3 corrosive

it is a monster

I knew there was a reason I always stopped to kill Ajax when I hit Road's End

Elendil on