As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Free Weekend and earbuds for Mac players.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks anything heavy related needs buffing should be banned from expressing an opinon ever again.

If they don't nerf this shit soon I'm just going to stop playing.

well uh

it was nice playing with you?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »
    davincie wrote: »
    Engineer's cap get. wootles

fuck

you

i

got

the

bald

engi

the

other

day

FUCK
    bald engi is best engi, sorry you're terrible

edit; actually, texas ten gallon, but bald engy is second best

i would kill you AND savoo for the texas ten gallon

texas ten gallon is salvation all hail texas ten gallon

same goes for the heavy's toque

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Speaking of Texas Ten Gallon.

I recently got a mining light. I was elated at the fact that after who knows how long I played I finally got a hat for my favorite class. It isn't the texas ten gallon but it is still a hat. I relay this to my brother who only started playing the game seriously a couple weeks ago after it sat in his steam library for a couple of years. He told me he got a texas ten gallon.

I may or may not kill him.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    murder is the only option here

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    kill him that you may inherit his hat

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    it is important that you eat his brain and wear his skin

you gain his hat-finding power

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yes, that is very important

I cant tell you how many times people have come up to me, "Junkie! I killed my room mate to get his hats but it didn't work!"
    "Well did you eat his brain and wear his flesh like a bodysuit?"
    "...no?"
    "then get the fuck out of here before the cops show up you idiot"

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "No mom you don't understand! The PA forums told me to do it, they're always right! I need these items that are for cosmetic purpose only in an online multiplayer PC game!"

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I recently crafted my Soldier's Stash and Stainless Pot and got ANOTHER Viking Helmet.

I mean, come on Valve, I don't need any more Soldier hats honestly.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So today I crafted my third and fourth camera beard into a Stainless Pot. And since, of course, I have the Soldier's Stash(which is cooler), means I've got an extra hat. And an extra beard.

Any rumors on when the hell trading will finally be in the game? Because its really, really tempting.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I found my first hat yesterday! DEMOMAN'S FRO

Is good except I am a crappy demoman and I crafted all his gear into mulch.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You're all fuckers. All of you.

It's hard to convince myself that my modest pile of hat is all I want.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    8-):whistle:

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So today I crafted my third and fourth camera beard into a Stainless Pot. And since, of course, I have the Soldier's Stash(which is cooler), means I've got an extra hat. And an extra beard.

Any rumors on when the hell trading will finally be in the game? Because its really, really tempting.

I heard my ass say that it's coming in the Engineer update.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, they've added a ton of crap to the game in the past two and a half years.

We started with only:
    -3 Original Gamemodes: Control Point, Capture the Flag, Territory Control
    -6 Original Maps: cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_well, cp_dustbowl, ctf_2fort, tc_hydro
    -17 Original Achievements: General

And now we also have
    -3.5 new gamemodes (Payload/Payload race, Arena, King of the Hill)
    -11 new Valve maps (cp_badlands, pl_goldrush, pl_badwater, arena_lumberyard, arena_ravine, plr_pipeline, arena_sawmill, arena_nucleus, koth_viaduct, cp_gorge, ctf_doublecross)
    -11 Community Maps (cp_fastlane, ctf_turbine, cp_steel, arena_watchtower, cp_junction_final, cp_egypt_final, pl_hoodoo_final, arena_offblast, cp_yukon, koth_harvest_final, cp_freight)
    -8 updated/modified maps (ctf_well, arena_well, arena_granary, arena_badlands, koth_nucleus, koth_sawmill, ctf_sawmill, koth_harvest_event)
    -Holiday event with hats, achievements and a modified map with special characteristics
    -War! Player Competition Event.
    -285 new Achievements (36 Medic, 35 Pyro, 35 Heavy, 35 Scout, 34 Spy, 35 Sniper, 35 Soldier, 35 Demoman, 5 Halloween)
    -New Achievement Reward System, Random Drop System, Backpack System and Crafting System.
    -33 unlockable weapons spread amongst 8 classes (Including 25 Valve Made, 2 Promotional Reskins, and 6 Community Made)
    -63 unlockable vanity items. (53 Random Drop (33 Valve, 20 Community), 6 Situational Awards, 2 Promotional Awards, 2 Holiday)
    -16 crafting items

And all for just the cost of the original game. Completely nuts.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sometimes I wonder how Valve decided what community maps to make official. I'm pretty sure most people will agree that Junction, Egypt and Hoodoo aren't very good maps. I don't think I've ever played Watchtower. At most I've run around on it on an empty server.

I don't understand why Valve don't make KotH versions of Ravine on Lumberyard. It would probably make some people play them more often.

Peewi on
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, they've added a ton of crap to the game in the past two and a half years.

We started with only:
    -3 Original Gamemodes: Control Point, Capture the Flag, Territory Control
    -6 Original Maps: cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_well, cp_dustbowl, ctf_2fort, tc_hydro
    -17 Original Achievements: General

And now we also have
    -3.5 new gamemodes (Payload/Payload race, Arena, King of the Hill)
    -11 new Valve maps (cp_badlands, pl_goldrush, pl_badwater, arena_lumberyard, arena_ravine, plr_pipeline, arena_sawmill, arena_nucleus, koth_viaduct, cp_gorge, ctf_doublecross)
    -11 Community Maps (cp_fastlane, ctf_turbine, cp_steel, arena_watchtower, cp_junction_final, cp_egypt_final, pl_hoodoo_final, arena_offblast, cp_yukon, koth_harvest_final, cp_freight)
    -8 updated/modified maps (ctf_well, arena_well, arena_granary, arena_badlands, koth_nucleus, koth_sawmill, ctf_sawmill, koth_harvest_event)
    -Holiday event with hats, achievements and a modified map with special characteristics
    -War! Player Competition Event.
    -285 new Achievements (36 Medic, 35 Pyro, 35 Heavy, 35 Scout, 34 Spy, 35 Sniper, 35 Soldier, 35 Demoman, 5 Halloween)
    -New Achievement Reward System, Random Drop System, Backpack System and Crafting System.
    -33 unlockable weapons spread amongst 8 classes (Including 25 Valve Made, 2 Promotional Reskins, and 6 Community Made)
    -63 unlockable vanity items. (53 Random Drop (33 Valve, 20 Community), 6 Situational Awards, 2 Promotional Awards, 2 Holiday)
    -16 crafting items

And all for just the cost of the original game. Completely nuts.

And the original game was below the price of a normal new release if you bought it on its own. And the value was even higher if you bought it as part of the orange box.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    wetflamewetflame Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I had it for the 360 as part of the Orange Box. Played a lot with my friends, but shortly after the Medic update I picked it up on Steam when it went on sale. It's hard to believe now that I ever used to play it on the 360. This game has given incredible value time and time again, it'll either be the best thing Valve ever did or completely overshadow all future releases (as we saw with L4D/L4D2). Either way I'm enjoying it more and more the longer it's been out, which is a pretty rare thing, especially for a game with no subscription fees to justify the updates.

wetflame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just wish Valve would make a new 5 point CP map.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php
    looking at this list, how long have there been icons for "Grenade", "Head", and "Building" tokens?

is that drill hat actually in game

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php
    looking at this list, how long have there been icons for "Grenade", "Head", and "Building" tokens?

is that drill hat actually in game

Yes. One of the updates from a few days ago added a bunch of hats and the shiv and axe.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wanted a drill sergeant hat for the soldier since the idea of hats has been floating around

so that's my mission. gotta get me one of those

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just wish Valve would make a new 5 point CP map.

I want to see more gravelpit style 3 point A/D maps, and more koth maps. My two favorite game modes right there.

xzzy on
  • Options
    JaltosJaltos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I second Xzzy's idea. A/D and Koth are really fun maps! 5 CP maps always finish in either a sluggish draw or a steamroll... Neither of thoses are fun.

( I still like payloads, though.)

Jaltos on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    A payload snow map

make it happen

Alegis on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    xzzy wrote: »
    I want to see more gravelpit style 3 point A/D maps, and more koth maps. My two favorite game modes right there.
    yesssss gpit style map would be amazing, been a while since they made a new one like that.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010

I don't understand what's taking Valve so fucking long, it's not like setting up trading would take this long.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    JaltosJaltos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I don't understand what's taking Valve so fucking long, it's not like setting up trading would take this long.

I bet they're trying to make it work with a currency system, and are having loads of problems with it.

Cmon, it's valve, sure it's gonna be hard to use on the get-go, untill they fix it in a later patch.

Also, I'm still waiting for thoses Meet the videos. It's been 3 years already, you have no excuse!

Jaltos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yesssss gpit style map would be amazing, been a while since they made a new one like that.

fishbus (made steel, freight) was working on one back in March, and since Valve by default buys everything he makes, I suppose that means one will show up eventually.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The changes to the Heavy have made it so the Shotgun Heavy is useless. You can spin up fast enough to get the quick kills, and spin down fast enough to still be mobile. I don't mind the cone tightening, but the spin up and spin down changes need to be nerfed at least halfway back to original.

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Yeah, it's been almost three years. There are no other official maps with the control points laid out in the same was as Gravelpit.

Peewi on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have convinced myself that I don't need hats.
    *sob*

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't like their speed while spun up because I have a slightly harder time hitting them with flares now.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I don't like their speed while spun up because I have a slightly harder time hitting them with flares now.

Aim at their medics. Hearing the medic yelp in pain and run away to find a health pack amuses me every time.

Especially because it means the heavy is now standing there with no backup.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the heavy barely needs backup now. he just needs to know when to run and eat sandvich.

Joe K on
  • Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys I am looking to join a good clan to play some serious matches. Only thing I can seem to find are public clans. I am pretty good and usually top medic on every pub server figure I might have a shot at something.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    300 HP don't last long when a heavy is standing out in the open and has an entire team shooting at his fat ass.. especially if he was expecting to have a heal beam on him.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh man, I remember when I organized a clan, and we lost all but one match where we were playing against a pubber clan who was down a man.

ha ha ha good times.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh man, I remember when I organized a clan, and we lost all but one match where we were playing against a pubber clan who was down a man.

ha ha ha good times.

Not saying pub clans are not good but I just don't see how I could ever break into a pro league or something by joining one.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I wasn't saying anything particular about pro or pub clans, I was just reminiscing. Do we have any clans at the moment? I know Dev was trying to resurrect SotQ at one point, but then I think he shared my fate.

If you're just getting into srs matches, you might want to consider pick up games and such. There's a big ass guide for it in the OP.

Quaz and Wally on
This discussion has been closed.