As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i am playing peace walker

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Knob wrote: »
    also a few hours in, and seriously this is pretty awesome

it has the 'build a damn mercenary army' mechanic from portable ops, but it's way less clunky and cooler

fuck yea

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    also: you can build tanks and airplanes and stuff

Knob on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    also also: my engineering team just invented tortilla chips

Knob on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am sorely disappointed the american version doesn't have the DORITOS and PEPSI product placements

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    klokklok Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I've been thinking (dreaming) about a mgs2/3 collection on the ps3 and if it's even a possibility. Hell they can even throw mgs1 in there even though its on the psn!

klok on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Knob wrote: »
    also also: my engineering team just invented tortilla chips

dont forget to read the briefing files before each mission

they are so fantastic oh my god

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    what's up, i'm a creepy guy

CREEPY GUY CHESTBUMP

mmmm

chestbumps

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My chemists just invented Crystal Pepsi.

I had them seal it away. The world can never know of this abomination.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Knob knows what's up. I'm glad I played Ac!d first, because after Ac!d 2, I will never ever be able to play it again.

Still want an Ac!d 3, but we'll probably have to wait for Rising and maybe whatever else Kojima's working on to get it.

But that's fine, because that means that many more cards.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Knob knows what's up. I'm glad I played Ac!d first, because after Ac!d 2, I will never ever be able to play it again.

Still want an Ac!d 3, but we'll probably have to wait for Rising and maybe whatever else Kojima's working on to get it.

But that's fine, because that means that many more cards.

woo alternate universe!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i dunno i cant really get into anything on psp
    everything feels clunky and crap
    except lumines but that game has the unfair advantage of being crafted by the devil himself

so basically i tried portable ops and acid and whatever but always just put it down after like a day or two
    kinda the same with this one too
    only did a little at the intro so far but im not really drawn to pick it up again

whats wrong with me

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    atmaatma Deep RiverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I know it's sony and all but

they made a handheld with loading times-- Ultimately not every game I'm interested in even has loading of any significance but it's hard to suck up and buy something that automatically seems... obsolete

which is a shame because the PSPs screen is very very pretty

atma on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My psp exists only to play FFT.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    atmaatma Deep RiverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    and where I lived most of the games are more money than I'm willing to even pay for PS2 games!

Yeah, EB can price drop most everything PS2 down to $20 or $10 and even rarely $5. And I know the average price I've paid for a new ps2 game is probably a little more than fifteen bucks and a little less than twenty. Meanwhile those PSP games would just sit there staring at me with their unfeeling cold price tags....

atma on
  • Options
    zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I really want to get this game, but it would mean buying a PSP.

And the game, I guess. So much money!

zen- on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can't say Zone Of The Enders 2 because I've never gotten to play it :(

Oh god shoe, I'm so sorry.

has anyone told you ZOE2 litterally picks up right where ZOE ended powerwise, and goes from awesome mech to FLYING MECHANIZED GODKING THAT RIPS HOLES IN SPACE AND TIME?

I swear to god you better get this game.

Transporter on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ZOE was okay, it only sold because of the MGS 2 demo

ZOE 2 was great though

Also my PSP's wifi is fucked and I'm probably gonna have to get a new one since it's out of warranty, dammit

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i never played zoe 1
    but i got the second one and it was amazing

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it was smart to package Zone of the Enders with the MGS2 demo, otherwise that great game would never have gotten the exposure it did.

I'm probably the only person in the world who bought ZOE for the game on the cover rather than the demo, I was desperate for something mech-y to play on my new PS2.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    seriously, i've been waiting to drop acid for years

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    atma wrote: »
    they made a handheld with loading times

self entitled gamer who refuses to wait 5 damn seconds

you'd probably be the guy on the airplane that hums and haws about how slow the internet is on the plane

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I still like the line "Laugh and grow fat."

It seems like a fun life motto.

well step 2 seems to be going well predictable joke

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it was smart to package Zone of the Enders with the MGS2 demo, otherwise that great game would never have gotten the exposure it did.

I'm probably the only person in the world who bought ZOE for the game on the cover rather than the demo, I was desperate for something mech-y to play on my new PS2.

I bought ZoE for ZoE! I actually picked it up second hand somewhere after playing MGS2. I don't think I even made the connection that it was the same team before I got it. And mine didn't even come with the Demo Disk because I imagine somebody bought the game for the demo, played both and just sold off the game and kept the demo.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is this the ZoE appreciation thread?

I can get behind that.

ZoE2 made me feel like a fucking monster. Dash so much and fire so fast that I straight could not see myself in all the explosions.

It was awesome.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    damn straight. shoe you NEED to find a copy of that game, you don't even know

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And that part near endgame where the mission was to literally just destroy as many of those enemies as you could?

My god I had a fucking field day. Did that shit five times over just because.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Air wrote: »
    i dunno i cant really get into anything on psp
    everything feels clunky and crap
    except lumines but that game has the unfair advantage of being crafted by the devil himself

It was made by the guy who made Rez and Space Channel 5, so of course it's the best.

And here's why everyone needs a PSP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ3j-hxro_4

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is several hundred hours fun times, especially with friends, but I won't try to defend its controls as "designed for ease of use by humanoids"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DJ MAX Portable's another exclusive gem. Portable music games don't get any better.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That doesn't look like Parasite Eve at all, though. It looks like some bunk-ass action game.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm still really excited for it. I've given up hope of another real-time RPG like the first game, so I'll take what I can get.

Also, the original composer is doing the music.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fair enough.

I guess I just don't see a reason for a game that plays like Vagrant Story not to play like Vagrant Story.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Who was the original composer? I kinda thought it was Nobuo Uematsu, but that seems unlikely if the original is doing the music for this new one.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Who was the original composer? I kinda thought it was Nobuo Uematsu, but that seems unlikely if the original is doing the music for this new one.

Yoko Shimomura. She's also done the Kingdom Hearts games.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's what I was thinking of, knew they were related to Final Fantasy somehow or other.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

no I did this too

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ZOE2's biggest problem is the opening. It gives away practically everything that happens in the game.

Also, Kazuma Kaneko did one of the mech designs. I forget the guy's name, the scientist with the three prongs in his head.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    fuck that dude, that fight was hard

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The fight where what's her face gets possessed was a hard fight. That one sucked ass. Hard. Had to counter her attacks my butt. That was lame.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    200px-InhertZOE2.jpg

That's the one Kaz did. He also did a Devil Trigger for Dante in DMC3, or something like that.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png