Options

The [Creepy Stories] Thread: Masturbating With One Eye Open

• Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    @SatanIsMyMotor that is just freaky, dude. :(

On a kinda-but-not-really-similar vein, my wife was supposed to be checking in on a house of our friends, bringing the mail inside, etc. etc. for a week. Unfortunately she forgot about it until the end of the week, and rushed over to check on things. She went in, didn't see anything amiss and went home. This was around 10pm on a Friday. When she apologized to them for not going over until Friday night they were a bit weirded out.

Turns out our friends were home at the time, as my wife thought they were coming back Saturday night. So she totally went into their house, walked around for a bit, and left with them sleeping upstairs with their 2 year old son. They were understandable freaked out that they slept through her walking around their house, unbeknownst to them at the time.

banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Kind of a creepy story from the night before last. Right before going to bed I noticed that our patio door was ajar. I honestly didn't think much of it at the time as the door sometimes doesn't latch properly and has the tendency to open up because of that. So I essentially wrote it off and went to bed.

It's the "old-fashioned" method of locking, but get a 1.5 to 2 inch thick wooden dowel cut to the right length (with about a centimeter to half inch of clearance) so that it lies flat and put it in the door track when you go out or go to sleep at night.
    The next morning I get up and go through my morning routine before heading out the door for work. Strangely enough, I can't find my laptop as I'm headed out the door. No problem, I probably left it at the office. Show up there and it's nowhere to be found. Obviously, now I'm a bit concerned we were robbed so I head home and phone the police. Shortly after my girlfriend realized that her purse and wallet had been stolen too, so definitely a robbery.

The creepy part came when the police arrived and started investigating. There were footprints that came into our kitchen, walked down our hallway, and ended looking into our bedroom. I was likely in the basement puttering around while this guy was in my house watching my girlfriend sleep.

She's super happy about that.

Holy moly, glad you're both okay. That is...ugh.

Good advice however our patio door actually opens like a normal door. We'll just have to be more diligent about keeping it locked all the time.

The good news is that we actually found most of our stuff the next day. They ended up taking all of the cash but dumped the laptop and purse.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Kind of a creepy story from the night before last. Right before going to bed I noticed that our patio door was ajar. I honestly didn't think much of it at the time as the door sometimes doesn't latch properly and has the tendency to open up because of that. So I essentially wrote it off and went to bed.

The next morning I get up and go through my morning routine before heading out the door for work. Strangely enough, I can't find my laptop as I'm headed out the door. No problem, I probably left it at the office. Show up there and it's nowhere to be found. Obviously, now I'm a bit concerned we were robbed so I head home and phone the police. Shortly after my girlfriend realized that her purse and wallet had been stolen too, so definitely a robbery.

The creepy part came when the police arrived and started investigating. There were footprints that came into our kitchen, walked down our hallway, and ended looking into our bedroom. I was likely in the basement puttering around while this guy was in my house watching my girlfriend sleep.

This. We need more of this.

Real life horror is just as creepy. Post them if you have them, folks.

• Options
    krushkrush Registered User regular
    Tanrar wrote: »
    You guys have heard of sleep paralysis, right? Sometimes, you wake up from the middle of a dream, and you can't move. Completely conscious, but you are just stuck. Maybe lasts six seconds. It happened to me, about a year ago.

It was a Saturday morning, probably around 4 o'clock, and I woke up from a regular dream. My mind was still groggy, and I didn't realize I was paralyzed because I didn't try to move (I was having a bit of trouble breathing, also caused by the paralysis, but I didn't really care). About a second after waking up, I heard my door open. For a second, I thought it was just one of my roommates trying to pull a prank, but the joke would be on them because I was actually awake. But see, both of my roommates were gone for the weekend. I realized that, and tried to bolt up, but I couldn't move. I wasn't frozen in fear, it was just impossible for me to move.

I heard a knife being drawn, and I felt the presence of this thing that was in my room. I couldn't even tilt my head to see it, but I knew that I was about to die. My back got very cold, and I thought that I had been stabbed. But, as you probably can tell, I wasn't stabbed. I suddenly heard nothing, could move, and I realized nothing had happened. See, hallucinations are common with sleep paralysis, but they feel very real.

All in all, it lasted maybe 6 seconds, if that. But I thought, for a few of those seconds, that I was going to die, and I couldn't do anything about it. In a way, sleep paralysis is like the opposite of a lucid dream. In a lucid dream, you are conscious and have full control over what you see and do. When you have sleep paralysis, you have literally no control, but you are fully conscious during the entire thing.

Ugh, I hope it never happens to me again. But, on the positive side, nothing scares me anymore. Paranormal Activity was boring (watched it the night after this incident), I stopped playing Amnesia because I wasn't getting scared, and even things in real life that used to terrify me (like walking alone at night in a bad part of town) just don't worry me. Nothing is as scary as thinking you are about to die and being unable to stop it.

Anyone else had a sleep paralysis incident?

I did when I was a lot younger. Going through some crap, just broke up with my fiancee, living at home with my mother and penniless. During the most stressful point of all of this I would often have sleep paralysis with hallucinations... VERY VIVID HALLUCINATIONS. The two that stand out was one of Jesus/God/somefreakinbody that came to me and told me that wealth would soon come to me, and that they will allow me to have it (lies! I'm still in a 9-5, not chillin in a beachfront home with exotics lined up in the driveway!). The other was an alien abduction where I was being cut open and "stuff" added to my body while still semi-conscious, except they weren't "greys" like you see being described on TV, they were more or less reptilian and rather powerful looking (muscular). They spoke in a language that I can't even begin to describe. This one was the longest hallucination by far and the one that is still very much as vivid today as it was when it happened.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular

A co-worker told me this story. It happened to a relative of hers up in Seattle a few years ago during a big snowstorm. I don't remember which relative so I will say aunt - all I remember is that it was a female.

So, general layout of the room her aunt is in. Was the living room/front room that had the main tv in it. There was a window on the same wall as the tv, but off to the side a ways.

It's late, dark out, there is a lot of snow on the ground and her aunt is watching tv like she normally does. While watching the show she gets this feeling of unease, like she is being watched. Out of the corner of her eye she sees someone staring at her through her window. She is really creeped out, as you would be, but she doesn't want the guy to know she saw him in case he does something rash. So she sits there and keeps watching the tv while also glancing at the guy every so often to see if he has left yet.

He's there a while, I want to say a half hour or so when finally she looks over and he's gone. Right away she calls the police and they send a car over. They get there, listen to her story and check out the area she said he was. They come inside and she asks them what they found.
    The cops told her that they didn't see any footprints outside her window, or any sign that someone was there at all. But, and you should sit down for this, your back door is open and there are wet footprints leading from the kitchen to right behind the couch.
    Dude was inside the house and standing behind her the whole damn time. I just got chills typing this out.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Feriluce wrote: »

A co-worker told me this story. It happened to a relative of hers up in Seattle a few years ago during a big snowstorm. I don't remember which relative so I will say aunt - all I remember is that it was a female.

So, general layout of the room her aunt is in. Was the living room/front room that had the main tv in it. There was a window on the same wall as the tv, but off to the side a ways.

It's late, dark out, there is a lot of snow on the ground and her aunt is watching tv like she normally does. While watching the show she gets this feeling of unease, like she is being watched. Out of the corner of her eye she sees someone staring at her through her window. She is really creeped out, as you would be, but she doesn't want the guy to know she saw him in case he does something rash. So she sits there and keeps watching the tv while also glancing at the guy every so often to see if he has left yet.

He's there a while, I want to say a half hour or so when finally she looks over and he's gone. Right away she calls the police and they send a car over. They get there, listen to her story and check out the area she said he was. They come inside and she asks them what they found.
    The cops told her that they didn't see any footprints outside her window, or any sign that someone was there at all. But, and you should sit down for this, your back door is open and there are wet footprints leading from the kitchen to right behind the couch.
    Dude was inside the house and standing behind her the whole damn time. I just got chills typing this out.

SO MANY CHILLS.

Dear lord...

• Options
    Feriluce wrote: »

I've heard this before, only it was a babysitter and a dude dressed up as a clown in the window. And the cops found him upstairs hiding in a closet.

banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    This one happened to good friends of mine.

They woke up one morning to find their house had been broken into during the night. The back door had been messed with, but when the thief couldn't get in that way he broke the kitchen window. Inside, he found a basket of laundry in the living room, emptied it on the floor and took the girl's panties and bras. He then walked upstairs, into the bedroom where my friends were sleeping, and rummaged through their drawers, again stealing all that girl's panties and bras. All while they were sleeping right there. He left with his loot without waking them up.

The next day was not a happy morning for them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    That's like when my ex's house was broken into. They stole a bunch of stuff, including her vibrator.

Who the fuck steals that kind of shit?

I mean, man, somethings are just off limits...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    That's like when my ex's house was broken into. They stole a bunch of stuff, including her vibrator.

"Take my jewellery, take my flat screen, but dear god if you take my Hitachi Magic Wand..."

StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular

"Okay, got the rings, the watches, what am I missing?...Oh, yeah, it's little Joey's birthday tomorrow, his mom's bringing him over and...oh, cool! A lightsaber!"

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

"Okay, got the rings, the watches, what am I missing?...Oh, yeah, it's little Joey's birthday tomorrow, his mom's bringing him over and...oh, cool! A lightsaber!"

It hums with the force.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    This is lame compared to some of what's been posted already, but it creeped me out at the time.

One summer when I was in college, my parents went on a trip to Ireland for a couple of weeks, and I had the house to myself. This was a big old Victorian with all the usual drafts and creaks, bats in the walls and squirrels in the ceiling; but it's never shown signs of being haunted.

I'm not the partying type and didn't have any friends in town, so by the second week I was starting to feel a little lonely and stir-crazy. At least I had the two cats for company. One afternoon, I was chilling upstairs with the cats, and I thought I heard someone moving around downstairs. The house was unlocked and the doors open for the breeze (this being a small, friendly town where people do that sort of thing), so I knew it was theoretically possible for someone to walk in; but I hadn't heard either of the doors. Since my mom would often come home from work very late at night while I was growing up, I was pretty tuned in to the noises a person would make entering the house, even if they were being quiet.

I stayed quiet and listened, heart racing, and then I noticed that both cats were on high alert, eyes wide, ears pricked, tense and still. At this point I wanted to crawl into my bed and hide, but that was dumb. I did NOT want to be cornered upstairs. Eventually I reasoned that if someone were in the house, they probably didn't want to run into me any more than I wanted to encounter them, so I called "Hello?" down the stairs a couple of times. When there was no reply, I went downstairs and quickly left for a long walk. I didn't care if someone robbed us blind at that point; I just wanted to give them plenty of time to leave.

Never did see anyone, and nothing was taken. But the feeling of not knowing who or what was making noise in my empty house was one of the spookiest things I've ever felt.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    In my room, there used to be a small crawlspace through the closet into the walls, where there was a secret room. My parents ruined it and put in latchable doors into the wall of my room, so that the secret room could be used for storage. One day I was about to go to bed, when I started to hear scratching coming from inside the room... at one of the doors. I waited, and it happened again. I bugged out. It was like 2 in the morning. For some reason though I had to see what it was. The doors are incredibly tough to unlatch, there's a bolt on either side and both are kind of warped. I wriggled and yanked and finally got the door out and instantly one of my cats just leaped out of the blackness and scared the fucking SHIT out of me. One of my parents had opened it up to put stuff in earlier in the day and not noticed a cat run in, apparently. Man, it's such a non-terrifying sounding thing, but when you start hearing scratching from inside the walls like some kind of horror movie it really is scary

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I was drunk. Dead drunk, like I'm wont to do when I party. A lot of people sip beer; I, myself, am more of an efficient drinker. Hitting that euphoric period is the game, so I tend to drink straight liquor and then just nip every once in a while when I'm blissful. I'm also open to suggestion. So, let's say I have a beautiful woman over, we're talking about life, and passion, and that furnace in all of us that burns because we've found purpose, we know what our calling is. The words are as intoxicating as the bourbon, and I keep pouring myself drinks. I tell myself, I say, 'This is a bad idea, this is a bad idea,' because it is. I mean, I know this girl, I've known her for a while, and so I know it's a bad idea, but we keep going, and eventually, we retire to the bedroom.

We're laying together, my arm around her. We talk a little more, giggle a little more, and then move apart, as we need space in bed to properly stretch out. And the room - the room just won't stop spinning. The bed is spinning and the ceiling fan is spinning and the room, and the Earth, and the solar system's flexed arm just keep going and going and I can feel all of it. Every celestial twitch, every wave on the shoreline, every spring on the bed that squeaked as we maneuvered into optimal sleeping position.

I feel asleep for 10 minutes before my friend got up and walked to the den, opening the bedroom door. I laid there, closing my eyes again, when the bedroom door opened - I thought, maybe, she had to use the bathroom, but the bathroom door never opened and she never got back into bed.

I open my eyes, and in the black pitch, I can see her standing over me, smiling. Just looking down with dead, expressionless eyes, smiling and smiling, and lowering her face down to mine. I try to ask her what she's doing, but I can't. No words will come out. Her lips are pulled tight, psychotically tight, and I can see her teeth, and they're so big.

She puts her chin down on my chest and just looks at me, kneeling by the bed now, just staring, just staring, not blinking, her eyes drying out, and she won't stop smiling. It looks like it hurts so bad, it looks like she's in pain, that she's locked in her own body or having a stroke and she can't talk and I can't talk but there's terror, just abject horror in what is going on. Her face turns red, she stops breathing for a second, and I blink.

I blink, and she's gone.

I breathe out.

Hard.

So hard, it wakes her up next to me.

"What's going on?" she asks, rolling over, putting her chin on my chest.

"I think I just had sleep paralysis."

"Oh?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"I've had that before," she says, looking me in the eyes.

And then she smiles.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I don't have any outright terrifying stories, and since I couldn't even make it all the way through Amnesia I probably would just freak out if I got in such a situation, but these two are the only remotely creepy things that happened while I still lived with my parents.

The first happened shortly after I got my first job (pushing shopping carts around a gargantuan parking lot). My family would always have a yearly camping trip but, due to my recent employment, I had to stay back by myself that year. Upon arriving home late one night I immediately noticed a loud, rhythmic, banging noise coming from the basement (which is also where my room was coincidentally). I had no idea what it was, the only thing that came to mind was someone hitting a wall with a baseball bat but the repetition was way too fast for that to be the case. In order to actually get to the basement in that house you had to basically walk through the whole thing, and while I did so the noise remained exactly the same. When I finally got to the top of the stairs I remembered that the light bulb downstairs had burnt out, so I went over to grab a flashlight out of the nearby cabinet, of which there were none because my family had taken them on the camping trip. I went down the stairs and as the light of the kitchen got darker it became obvious that the noise was coming from inside of my room, the door of which was open and shrouded in complete darkness. By this time the noise was pretty loud and clearly not effected by my presence in any way, so against my better judgement I entered the room and flipped the light switch. No light came on but the noise stopped completely.

Turns out that I had somehow left the ceiling fan on at full speed when I left. At one point one of the blades had fallen off (luckily it wasn't flung into anything important) and, since my room had a ceiling similar to the tiled format that most offices have, it began it thrash back and forth due to the uneven momentum. It actually left several deep grooves in the soft ceiling material that I had to explain later.
    Yeah I know it is pretty stupid....

The other story is a bit more legitimately creepy and a lot shorter; it happened a few years after the previous one and I was once again going home to an empty house. It was around 2AM, I had been hanging out with friends and I was very tired, but totally sober. I had shut off all the lights before leaving so I was obviously in complete darkness when I entered the house. Now I should mention that whoever did the wiring on this house must have been retarded, because the light switches for the entry room easily 5 feet from the door so I would have to fumble through the darkness to find them. This normally wasn't a problem, but when I closed the door behind me I immediately heard a shuffling noise coming from the family room beyond the entry room, a noise that called to mind the image of someone that had been laying on the couch groggily getting up. Being a bit freaked out I froze for a moment, before I could tell myself that it was my senses playing tricks on me I began to hear two more noises; the first being the noise of someone slowly and clumsily moving towards me from the family room, and the second was a groggy female voice mumbling something at me, it sounded a bit like "is that you?" I fumbled through the darkness, running my hands along the wall trying to find the light switch and responding to the voice that no I just Mr. Thorn413 (for some reason my tired brain had made the connection that the voice sounded a little like my older brother's girlfriend, perhaps she had been sleeping on the couch and expected him back [the fact that he was over 100 miles away failed to register in my tired brain]). What I said seemed to have no effect on whoever it was and they continued to mumble and come towards me. In classic movie fashion I found the switch at the precise moment that it sounded like the steps stopped right in front of me, the voice was still hard to understand and felt like it was coming inches from my face, and in my memory of the event I can see a vague feminine outline in front of me in the darkness. When I flipped the light switch though there was nothing there, nothing on the couch or the floor in front of it, no sign of anything at all.

The event did freak me out, but in retrospect it only lasted about 10 seconds and I was very tired at the time so I am pretty confident that it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

Thorn413 on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    krush wrote: »
    Tanrar wrote: »
    You guys have heard of sleep paralysis, right? Sometimes, you wake up from the middle of a dream, and you can't move. Completely conscious, but you are just stuck. Maybe lasts six seconds. It happened to me, about a year ago.

It was a Saturday morning, probably around 4 o'clock, and I woke up from a regular dream. My mind was still groggy, and I didn't realize I was paralyzed because I didn't try to move (I was having a bit of trouble breathing, also caused by the paralysis, but I didn't really care). About a second after waking up, I heard my door open. For a second, I thought it was just one of my roommates trying to pull a prank, but the joke would be on them because I was actually awake. But see, both of my roommates were gone for the weekend. I realized that, and tried to bolt up, but I couldn't move. I wasn't frozen in fear, it was just impossible for me to move.

I heard a knife being drawn, and I felt the presence of this thing that was in my room. I couldn't even tilt my head to see it, but I knew that I was about to die. My back got very cold, and I thought that I had been stabbed. But, as you probably can tell, I wasn't stabbed. I suddenly heard nothing, could move, and I realized nothing had happened. See, hallucinations are common with sleep paralysis, but they feel very real.

All in all, it lasted maybe 6 seconds, if that. But I thought, for a few of those seconds, that I was going to die, and I couldn't do anything about it. In a way, sleep paralysis is like the opposite of a lucid dream. In a lucid dream, you are conscious and have full control over what you see and do. When you have sleep paralysis, you have literally no control, but you are fully conscious during the entire thing.

Ugh, I hope it never happens to me again. But, on the positive side, nothing scares me anymore. Paranormal Activity was boring (watched it the night after this incident), I stopped playing Amnesia because I wasn't getting scared, and even things in real life that used to terrify me (like walking alone at night in a bad part of town) just don't worry me. Nothing is as scary as thinking you are about to die and being unable to stop it.

Anyone else had a sleep paralysis incident?

I did when I was a lot younger. Going through some crap, just broke up with my fiancee, living at home with my mother and penniless. During the most stressful point of all of this I would often have sleep paralysis with hallucinations... VERY VIVID HALLUCINATIONS. The two that stand out was one of Jesus/God/somefreakinbody that came to me and told me that wealth would soon come to me, and that they will allow me to have it (lies! I'm still in a 9-5, not chillin in a beachfront home with exotics lined up in the driveway!). The other was an alien abduction where I was being cut open and "stuff" added to my body while still semi-conscious, except they weren't "greys" like you see being described on TV, they were more or less reptilian and rather powerful looking (muscular). They spoke in a language that I can't even begin to describe. This one was the longest hallucination by far and the one that is still very much as vivid today as it was when it happened.

This happened to me as a kid. My dad was a scary movie fanatic and would watch vhs tapes of Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Aliens, etc like during dinner. I grew up watching really, really scary shit from about five or six years old. I had a pretty bad stretch from about 8-12 where I just didn't sleep much because of nightmares (never told my folks about it) but eventually I had that moment where I realized it was all imaginary and slept like a baby. I still have bad nightmares from time to time, but the side effect of it is that I love a good scare and I don't really have that flight mechanism when it comes to going into scary situations. (i.e. I'm down for exploring an abandoned house in a crack neighborhood at 2:00 AM if there's a few people with me, which is insanely stupid, but it's happened)

So anyway. I was probably eight, and I had this VIVID dream where we were just watching television, and I saw this figure cloaked in black standing outside the window. I tried to call out to my parents to warn them, but they just ignored me saying it was the scary movie on tv playing tricks. The figure just ghosted through a wall, walked up to me and stabbed me clear in the throat with a knife, and I bled out on the floor. I woke up, unable to move, just staring into blackness (my room was very dark) and for what seemed like fifteen solid minutes (in reality it was probably fifteen seconds) I honestly thought I had died and was in limbo. Like I was genuinely pissed there was no afterlife.

Eventually I was able to wiggle my toes and from there I regained movement and I didn't sleep for about two days after that. I know the whole "you can't die in a dream" thing is bullshit because I've personally died over two dozen times in a dream. I've been shot, stabbed, thrown off a building, and just about everything else you can image. Most of it was done by none other than Michael Meyers himself, who has chased me since nine in a recurring dream, and all but once managed to catch and kill me.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Can't remember if I posted this one before.

So one night, I take the dog out for a walk. Our house/yard is mostly surrounded by forest. The moon was full (I remember because I happened to read it later, after this story happened, and thought it was funny), but it was cloudy, so not really much light to speak of. I did, however, have one of those lights on an elastic band, like a miner's light. It was strapped to my palm because having light coming out of my hand makes me feel like Iron Man.

So I'm walking the dog, and shining the light around to keep an eye on the treeline. Normal nighttime paranoia. I turn to check the far end of the yard, and stop.

There's two reflective somethings at the treeline. I don't have my glasses on, so I can't really see more detail than that.

I don't move.

The two reflective somethings don't move.

My thought process: Eyes. Something is looking at me. Wait, no, those are too big to be eyes. Too far apart, too. It'd have to be something huge. So they're not eyes. What...

It's at that point that I remember my sister usually keeps her bike over on that end of the yard, and the two somethings seem just about the right size/placement to be reflectors on the bike. Mystery solved.
    I turned back to see if the dog had taken a piss yet (she hadn't), and saw my sister's bike right there in front of me. Turned back toward the somethings, but they were gone.

I went inside. The dog pissed on the floor later, I cleaned it up, and said, "Worth it."

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    MplsOsirisMplsOsiris Registered User regular
    This thread was a lot more fun to read when I wasn't living by myself in a massive apartment half the world away from everyone I know...

A while back I hated where my life was and where my life was going. Now I'm happily engaged, in the best shape I've been in since high school, have a bunch of wild stories and most importantly I enjoy my life! You can check out what I'm up to next at http://coolbyintent.com/blog
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    MplsOsiris wrote: »
    This thread was a lot more fun to read when I wasn't living by myself in a massive apartment half the world away from everyone I know...

Hey, don't worry about it.

I'm always right behind you.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I just got back from a year in Edinburgh. I lived in the student housing down in a quiet part of the city.

There were ten bedrooms, five in each wing with the bathrooms/showers in the middle and a large living room/kitchen/dining room connected to the this middle hall with the bathrooms. I lived in the ground floor apartment.

One night I got up to pee, groggy and perhaps a bit drunk. Having done my business I decide that I want some water so I stumble into the kitchen and grab a bottle out of the fridge. In the corner of my eye I notice that one of the windows (these were the kind the swing open from a central pivot rather than the traditional American kind). Was open much wider than normal, usually they only open a few inches but this one had a good foot of space going. I shrugged and went back to bed.

The next day we get an email about people in the apartment across the hall having gotten their laptop stolen. We start making sure things are locked up

A few weeks later we're all watching something on the BBC and drinking and having a good time and I find out that my roommate, this mousy guy from China who doesn't really talk much and usually sits in his room late at night working on maths and science, starts talking about how a few weeks earlier he had gone to the bathroom and found a guy in one of our toilets, taking a piss. He thought nothing of it because there's nine other guys living in this flat so he just goes to another toilet to do his business. As he's sitting there someone starts banging on the door, he realizes this isn't one of us and he's stuck while this guy bangs on the door and jiggers with the lock for a good twenty minutes.

Another roommate pipes up that he had been working at his desk and someone walked into his room, looked around, and walked out. The roommate says he thought it was one of our friends who had gone into the wrong room.

The guy who lives across from him looks confused for a second and says that a few weeks ago someone had walked into his room while he was sleeping, stood there for a minute, and then left.

All of this was happening either right before, during, or right after my trip to the bathroom and I had no idea.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Least stealthy burglar...ever.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i had a really bad nightmare about being abducted
    i was apparently talking/screaming in my sleep

my mom was in the hall when i started going off. she couldn't wake me up, i just kept half yelling and saying NO a whole bunch. what actually woke me up was when i started kicking, i gave myself a charlie horse in my leg from kicking so violently and the pain woke me up.

i didn't remember the dream well but my mother was fairly shaken.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular

Where's my "Bluff...With enough ranks you don't need other skills" picture? The one with a single fox sitting in the middle of a pack of hounds.

Anyway, apparently I sleepwalk some times. When I was around 10 and visiting my dad, I walked out of his room (1-BR apartment, he'd sleep on the couch) and laid down on the floor in front him. He just picked me up and put me back to bed.

Creepier time was during my first couple of weeks in boot camp. We finally started gelling and got rid of the early wash-outs, but I apparent had to use the head or something. Night watchman was a little confrontational about it (there were already two other guys in there) but we aparently had a conversation. Of course the dude talked to about it when we had a free moment but he never reported me and luckily it never happened again (Can't sleepwalk if you're in the navy. Don't want someone walking over the side.)

Creepy stuff just doesn't happen to me anymore. I seemed to have developed a mental coilataion of "creepy = fiction" even when I used to believe when I was younger.

newSig.jpg
  • Options

He must've felt quite badass, though, walking into everyone's room and having them just ignore him.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

He must've felt quite badass, though, walking into everyone's room and having them just ignore him.

That creepy old guy wasn't lying! This really is an invisibility potion!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Has the well finally gone dry?

Someone needs to find a shack in the woods ASAP.

What happened to that mysterious, sealed up shack anyway?

That farm story in the OP sounds like the happened upon some kind of pocket dimension.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    deleted post

Krathoon on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Well they're all from China and when I asked them "The fuck?" they said that sort of thing just happens in Shanghai and Bejing all the time.

So I guess they're from shitty parts of China.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I just got back from a year in Edinburgh. I lived in the student housing down in a quiet part of the city.

There were ten bedrooms, five in each wing with the bathrooms/showers in the middle and a large living room/kitchen/dining room connected to the this middle hall with the bathrooms. I lived in the ground floor apartment.

One night I got up to pee, groggy and perhaps a bit drunk. Having done my business I decide that I want some water so I stumble into the kitchen and grab a bottle out of the fridge. In the corner of my eye I notice that one of the windows (these were the kind the swing open from a central pivot rather than the traditional American kind). Was open much wider than normal, usually they only open a few inches but this one had a good foot of space going. I shrugged and went back to bed.

The next day we get an email about people in the apartment across the hall having gotten their laptop stolen. We start making sure things are locked up

A few weeks later we're all watching something on the BBC and drinking and having a good time and I find out that my roommate, this mousy guy from China who doesn't really talk much and usually sits in his room late at night working on maths and science, starts talking about how a few weeks earlier he had gone to the bathroom and found a guy in one of our toilets, taking a piss. He thought nothing of it because there's nine other guys living in this flat so he just goes to another toilet to do his business. As he's sitting there someone starts banging on the door, he realizes this isn't one of us and he's stuck while this guy bangs on the door and jiggers with the lock for a good twenty minutes.

Another roommate pipes up that he had been working at his desk and someone walked into his room, looked around, and walked out. The roommate says he thought it was one of our friends who had gone into the wrong room.

The guy who lives across from him looks confused for a second and says that a few weeks ago someone had walked into his room while he was sleeping, stood there for a minute, and then left.

All of this was happening either right before, during, or right after my trip to the bathroom and I had no idea.

Non-spooky/creepy explanation: You were groggy/drunk. It was you went into everyone's room/banged on the door in a drunken stupor.

banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    saint2e wrote: »

Non-spooky/creepy explanation: You were groggy/drunk. It was you went into everyone's room/banged on the door in a drunken stupor.

It really wasn't.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    saint2e wrote: »

It really wasn't.

I was... half kidding? The thought of it actually being you in a drunken stupor just struck me as funny.

That's seriously messed up.

banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    Not knowing what you look like, AMFE, I am forced to imagine your part in the story being played by Richard Schiff.

And it is glorious.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    My High School was a 100 year old building, with three floors, each shaped in a bowl shape. One night, while helping Mr. Wood (The one teacher every teenage gal went gaga for) with decorations for the buffet the Multicultural Committee had set up. We were up-stairs, the only ones in, since the log-in sheet had stated all the staff had left. Mr. Wood said he needed to go downstairs to his office, to mark a few more geography tests. I was left alone, cutting out sombreros, fortune cookies, and Hawaiian Lei's (I know, terribly offensive when I think about it.)

The class located at the south west end of the building, right beside the stairwell, and the entire school was only dimly lit. Suddenly, I hear it.

*Clack*Clack*Clack*Clack*

The steady rhythm of high heels coming up the stairs, and walking approximately halfway down the east-west hallway, before coming to a stop. I then hear the class room door, most likely the art class, open, and the steps disappeared as the door clanked shut. Mr. Wood came up shortly, and announced that I would have to leave, as he had to head home. I mentioned that if the other teacher didn't mind, I could stay a bit longer.

So, he and I both walked down the hallway, only to find that all classrooms on that floor are dark, and locked. Puzzled, we went to the log book, and found no one had written their name in.

I'm not a superstitious person by any means, but each of my mental explanations comes up short.

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    My High School was a 100 year old building, with three floors, each shaped in a bowl shape. One night, while helping Mr. Wood (The one teacher every teenage gal went gaga for) with decorations for the buffet the Multicultural Committee had set up. We were up-stairs, the only ones in, since the log-in sheet had stated all the staff had left. Mr. Wood said he needed to go downstairs to his office, to mark a few more geography tests. I was left alone, cutting out sombreros, fortune cookies, and Hawaiian Lei's (I know, terribly offensive when I think about it.)

The class located at the south west end of the building, right beside the stairwell, and the entire school was only dimly lit. Suddenly, I hear it.

*Clack*Clack*Clack*Clack*

The steady rhythm of high heels coming up the stairs, and walking approximately halfway down the east-west hallway, before coming to a stop. I then hear the class room door, most likely the art class, open, and the steps disappeared as the door clanked shut. Mr. Wood came up shortly, and announced that I would have to leave, as he had to head home. I mentioned that if the other teacher didn't mind, I could stay a bit longer.

So, he and I both walked down the hallway, only to find that all classrooms on that floor are dark, and locked. Puzzled, we went to the log book, and found no one had written their name in.

I'm not a superstitious person by any means, but each of my mental explanations comes up short.

Mr. Wood, in heels, and after he got to the art room, he dived out the window, ran around the building, through the back, to come up the stairs again.

Bam.

Mystery solved.

• Options
    Mr. Wood's lover, hiding in a dark room until you left so they could get freaky in the middle of the buffet.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    This happened to me in college.

I was in theatre and had full days of classes and then rehearsal so I had about an hour between them to just go back to my dorm room and sit a bit. And during this story that's exactly what I was doing, sitting in a chair in the front part of the room with my eyes shut, not sleeping just sitting. In front of me was a dresser built into the wall between two closets with a TV and phone on top of it; it was an old cordless phone with the cord hanging over the front of the dressers.

I was like that for maybe 10 minutes when I opened my eyes to shift around and I noticed the phone cord swaying back and forth very slightly. It was a one small room dorm and the window was open so I naturally assume it was a breeze even tho the dresser was at the opposite and of the room and the curtains weren't moving and I didn't hear anything either. In any case the rooms were as drafty as hell and a draft could be coming from anywhere.

About another 10 minutes later I opened my eyes again and the phone cord is wildly swinging back and forth, way more then a breeze could make it move, as if someone had picked it up and dropped it.

I decided to go to rehearsal early.

About a month later I was in my room with two friends and I went across the hall to go to the bathroom. When I was done I opened the bathroom door to find both of them standing in the hallway looking extremely upset. I asked them what was up and they said "Your TV won't stop turning on and off."

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So these are a couple stories my friend's shared with me tonight.

A friend of mine was riding the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) late at night after work. Her car was mostly empty, sitting across from her was a homeless man, and then at the end of the car were 2 really big guys with a girl sitting in between them. The entire ride my friend was really nervous because the girl was staring at her the whole time, she would look down, look back up and the girl was still staring right at her. She starting getting really uneasy since the girl hadn't looked away the entire trip until a few stops before her own, the homeless kind whispered to her and told her she had to get off at the next stop with him or something bad was going to happen. She was pretty skeptical and of course afraid of getting off the train with some random man she didn't know. He was very adamant though and told her she had to get off the train with him or something really bad was going to happen. She decided to just get off, so she gets up and steps off the train while the girl is still staring right at her. The car doors close and the train leaves and she asks the homeless man what happened.
    He said that the girl on the train was dead.

The other happened with my friend's sister. She was training for a marathon running a canyon trail pretty regularly. She would normally run with a partner but one night no one could go with her so she went by her self. As she was running up the trail a few miles she saw a guy coming towards her. She started to get really uneasy and noticed as she was jogging towards the guy that he was staring right at her. She started to have a really bad feeling and about 25 feet away she stops and so does he. She stares at him and he has these listless grey eyes. She has a feeling that he is really bad and she immediately turns around and sprints non stop the 6 miles back to her car, just as fast as she can. For a little bit she can hear the guy behind her, but she never looks back just keeps sprinting full speed. She gets back to her car, drives away and calls her brother crying about it. The next day a teenage girl was found raped and murdered on the side of that trail.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    Mr. Wood's lover, hiding in a dark room until you left so they could get freaky in the middle of the buffet.

That was my first thought.

StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    These were posted in SE++ spooky thread, I think. Been listening to em in order. For the most part, they're creeptastic. Kinda bummed not all of em are an hour long though. :P

http://knifepointhorror.libsyn.com/
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/knifepoint-horror/id406250030

So far, I think Eyes is the most unnerving. D:

Oh brilliant