As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 23 - newbs all up in

167891012»

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Might still be okay.

Still need Slaanesh's results in Kislev; otherwise, map is up to date through the battle in the Border Princes.
    citowg23r67.gif

Khorne to roll for the Badlands.

Darian on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    One hit kill the plaguebearer, sorry to hold it up

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No worries; I decided we didn't need to wait on you, since that decision wouldn't affect any tokens or domination VP. Need Khorne to let us know who will win, though; it all comes down to that bloodsworn in the Badlands.

Darian on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fred clutches his feeble dagger, wondering why the hell he left farming, as the fate of a world rests on his very tiny pawn-shaped shoulders.

Badlands:

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Round 6, Battle results

Norsca: whiff
    Kislev: leper, seductress, plaguebearer
    The Empire: leper, plaguebearer, bloodletter
    The Border Princes: acolyte
    The Badlands: acolyte

Khorne earns three DIAL advance tokens.

citowg23r67.gif

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Round 6, Corruption phase

Domination step:

Norsca: +1 VP
    The Empire: +7 VP
    The Border Princes: +1 VP

Corruption step:

Norsca: +2 DIAL
    Troll Country: +2 DIAL
    The Empire: +3 DIAL
    The Border Princes: +2 DIAL
    The Badlands: +1, +1

Check for Ruination:
    Troll Country is the fourth region ruined (2 + 10); Slaanesh earns 5 VP for contributing to its ruination this step
    The Empire is the fifth and final region ruined (1 + 6 + 5); Slaanesh earns 5 VP for contributing to its ruination this step

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 34
    Nurgle: 50
    Tzeentch: 34 + 2 = 36
    Slaanesh: 35 + 17 = 52

DIAL advance tokens:
    Khorne: 3
    Nurgle: 0
    Tzeentch: 2
    Slaanesh: 2

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Round 6, End phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

citowg23r68.gif

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - no effects

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - In the Empire a seductress falls, the heroes of Bretonnia and Estalia scan the corrupted lands but find no agents of Chaos

3. Resolve Old World cards - Reavers find no targets

4. Score Ruined Regions -
    Troll Country: +8 VP, +4 VP
    The Empire: +12 VP, +6 VP
    Nurgle scores 6 VP for the Provender of Ruin

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne has the most tokens and clicks twice; Tzeentch and Slaanesh each tick once
    Khorne:
    28 - Upgrade
    31 - Draw 2 Cards

Tzeentch:
    29 - Score 5 VP

Slaanesh:
    27 - Remove 2 Old World tokens

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 34 + 4 = 38
    Nurgle: 50 + 6 = 56
    Tzeentch: 36 + 17 = 53
    Slaanesh: 52 + 14 = 66

6. Check for Game end -
    1. No one has won by DIAL victory
    2. At least one god has 50 VP
    3. Five regions have been ruined
    4. The Old World deck is not exhausted
    The game ends by VP.
    Slaanesh is victorious!

Darian on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well hot damn-that round worked out much better than hoped for-would have been fun to see how Khorne would have bloodied it up having giving it his full attention. Do agree with the pregame sentiments-Slaanesh is kinda boring and anything else that you could do to make it more interesting just doesnt make sense as upgraded seductresses are just too good. Any closing comments from Darian or other watchers-was looking at this game and the other ones going on at the same time and always thought are game looked a lot different.

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's an interesting game. Not sure I'm a fan of Nurgle's play style - True he can surge in VP with the Ruin upgrade, but he really has no reason to do anything in a region that's not populous. That plus IMO he really only has two decent upgrades - Provender of Ruin and the Great Unclean One upgrade. Didn't help that I never got one of his most powerful Chaos cards, either.

I guess I'm just pissy that I ended last turn at 49 VP, and then the game just gives me one at the start of the next turn, and I still lost. Good game to Hippie & SeGaTai.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The last round would have played a lot differently with an active Khorne, I think. He could have won by contributing and taking second in two regions, with different first place winners (so Troll Country and the Badlands).
    Nurgle wouldn't have had to try to stop Tzeentch from double-ticking, so he would have been free to compete for second in Troll Country (that All Things Decay should have removed a token from Khorne, not Slaanesh - make it easier to grab second place in the region for yourself).
    And with an active Khorne, Tzeentch might have given up on the DIAL victory and focused on VP, instead.

Still, Khorne ended up turning the game with his decision to kill the leper instead of a seductress in the Empire - that one choice took away five points from Nurgle and gave seven to Slaanesh, switching the winner.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    It's an interesting game. Not sure I'm a fan of Nurgle's play style - True he can surge in VP with the Ruin upgrade, but he really has no reason to do anything in a region that's not populous.

I would strongly disagree with that sentiment. Nurgle has basically no chance to win by DIAL victory, so while you certainly want to get an advance token each round if you can, you don't need to worry about trying to double-tick like the other gods do. Combine this with ready availability of cheap figures, and Nurgle can send a bunch of plagubearers to camp on a noble token to pick up domination points, or he can send his lepers out to try to take first/second place ruination from the regions where the others are focusing their efforts. Going for a VP victory, you want to be involved in every ruination you can - sneaking in to pick up the corruption step bonus, be at least second place whenever possible.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    For whoever might be interested, here's the whole game:
    citowg23.gif

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The game would not have been different with a fully active Khorne, because even with the proper technique laid out for me in detail I don't understand how I could have possibly won. =) I'm just not seeing where the points come from.

PS: animated game board is awesome.

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you help Slaanesh ruin Troll Country (while killing off any lepers or acolytes present), you make 5 + 4 = 9 VP from it, while Slaanesh gets 5 + 8 = 13

Then, you make sure Slaanesh cannot ruin Kislev as well, and hopefully ensure that the Empire won't ruin.

Finally, you help Tzeentch ruin the Badlands, taking second there while killing off any lepers or seductresses present. You make 5 + 4 = 9 VP from it, while Tzeentch gets 5 + 8 = 13.

You've now made 18 VP while each of them picks up 13. Tzeentch snags another 5 from his DIAL, but now you two are tied at 52, Nurgle has moved up to 56 (Provender of Ruin), and Slaanesh is stuck at 48. Domination points then decide the winner - you need four more than Nurgle and at least as many as Tzeentch to take the game (assuming you double-tick to take the tiebreaker from Tzeentch).

Difficult, but potentially doable.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am confused. If Nurgle is at 56 and we are at 52, he doesn't win?

Ok, that would DEFINITELY have changed my strategy.

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's just the ruination points - didn't take into account potential points for Domination (3 available in Troll Country, 7 in the Empire, etc.).

Hence my last sentence in that paragraph - with all that, you'd also need at least 4 more domination points than Nurgle to make up the difference.

Darian on