As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Got 99 Problems But The Bench Ain't One

1575859606163»

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well if you're not used to getting that low then it's gonna be hard

just gotta work at it

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I dreamed about squatting last night

Now I want to squat but it is 5 a.m.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    come to think of it, I spent a long time just doing the same weight over and over, because I was an idiot. that's done though.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Meissnerd, what's your form like? Are you keeping your weight on your heels? I've never squatted any way other than ass-to-ankles, but when you start it can be difficult to keep your weight back.

What I was taught to do was focus on lifting my toes up off the ground a little so I had to keep my weight on my heels.

adytum on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Before this locks, I'd just like to say that I'd love to lift some fucking bells.

''Dumbbells' as a word originated in Tudor England – athletes used hand-held church bells to develop the upper body and arms. These bells ranged in weight from a few ounces to many pounds. The bells were flourished in various ways. This would have made a great deal of noise, so the athletes would take out the clappers so they could practice quietly; hence the name "dumb", as in "no sound", and "bell" – dumbbell. When strongmen started to make their own equipment, they kept the name, even though the shape changed. The etymology of the word 'kettlebell' is similar."

Thanks to Jerry's OP today.

Peen on
  • Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is something I have always been curious about. Nice!

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    adytum wrote: »
    Meissnerd, what's your form like? Are you keeping your weight on your heels? I've never squatted any way other than ass-to-ankles, but when you start it can be difficult to keep your weight back.

What I was taught to do was focus on lifting my toes up off the ground a little so I had to keep my weight on my heels.

Haha, I often forget to do that. Could explain why I lean a bit forward.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is something I have always been curious about. Nice!

same here. Thanks Peen.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Peen wrote: »
    Before this locks, I'd just like to say that I'd love to lift some fucking bells.

''Dumbbells' as a word originated in Tudor England – athletes used hand-held church bells to develop the upper body and arms. These bells ranged in weight from a few ounces to many pounds. The bells were flourished in various ways. This would have made a great deal of noise, so the athletes would take out the clappers so they could practice quietly; hence the name "dumb", as in "no sound", and "bell" – dumbbell. When strongmen started to make their own equipment, they kept the name, even though the shape changed. The etymology of the word 'kettlebell' is similar."

Thanks to Jerry's OP today.

This is a thing I actually stumbled upon the other day, completely independently of that newspost

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.