Options

Pre-Wizarding Fried Food Extravaganza! (#PWFFE)

1235»

• Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Menu is locked in as:

Catfish (fried in crispy chunks of goodness)
    Oysters (fried into wonderful nuggets of pure joy)
    Chorizo (grilled)
    Steak (hangar steak grilled into meaty ecstasy)
    (any of the above with fries, also available on roll with slaw)

BBQ Pulled Pork Sammich (one of their very popular sammiches that is tender and messy and wonderful)
    Vegetarian Field Roast Sammich (for the vegetabletarians, faux sausages grilled and sammichified, a popular dish even among carnivores at the Fish Fry!)

You can order any of the above (or, hell, all of the above if you're really hungry), plus drinks from the bar. See you guys there!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The menu choices look great and give a nice range of options. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

Crispy262 on
    vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Three updates:

1.) Steak will not be available, but cod will be (in addition to the other stuff)

2.) Please bring cash. We will have a single tab, paid by one card (mine). If we try to pay by card, assuming it takes 45 seconds per card, and there are 50 people paying, we would be delayed by 37 minutes. Cash only please. If you want to give extra, I will put some of it (hopefully around $20-30) into a tip for the guys at the Fish Fry (they'll deserve it, for sure), and any extra as a general addition to the Tri-Wizard Child's Play bucket.

3.) My twitter is @paxvirgin so feel free to use that as the best way to communicate with me. Also, the tag I'll be using for the event is #PWFFE

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    2.) Please bring cash. We will have a single tab, paid by one card (mine). If we try to pay by card, assuming it takes 45 seconds per card, and there are 50 people paying, we would be delayed by 37 minutes. Cash only please. If you want to give extra, I will put some of it (hopefully around $20-30) into a tip for the guys at the Fish Fry (they'll deserve it, for sure), and any extra as a general addition to the Tri-Wizard Child's Play bucket.

Will they split the check though? Because with cash only and one bill, people OFTEN forget about tax and tip, which means you may very likely be left having to pay the difference. I've seen it happen more than once.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just FYI I plan on stoping by Moe to meetup with Strebalicious to get my Triwizard coins and then heading to Unicorn Bar since I missed the RSVP.

Is that ok or will it be so crowded I should just wait until the actual Triwizard event?

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sumi wrote: »

Will they split the check though? Because with cash only and one bill, people OFTEN forget about tax and tip, which means you may very likely be left having to pay the difference. I've seen it happen more than once.

No, they won't. I will be hoping people adhere to Wheaton's Law. Hopefully the fact that the excess goes as tip and then to charity will encourage people to, if anything, slightly over-pay.

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If anyone has a calculator and wants to help out, maybe they could bring it :)

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    everyone with a phone has a calculator lol. problem solved =)

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daaammnnn! I just went to the cheesecake factory meetup and I am now stuffed... not sure if I'll have room for food in an hour... I might have to skip out... we'll see...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Serenity wrote: »
    Daaammnnn! I just went to the cheesecake factory meetup and I am now stuffed... not sure if I'll have room for food in an hour... I might have to skip out... we'll see...

My guts have been rebelling against me all day, so I'm probably just going for the al-kee-haw. :)

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Imma be at work until probably 7:30/8, so I'll miss the foods, but see you guys on the Crawl!

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Options
    SofiaSabotageSofiaSabotage Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hello!

Just wanted to let you know I won't be making it to the pre-party. I however will be at the tournament. Tried to get a hold of Meles but no reply.

I'll see you guys at some point. I'll be the half ass costume girl with a camera (pink bangs). :]

Remember, I am taking pictures for capitolhillseattle.com

SofiaSabotage on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lol *everybody bails at the last minute* well see you all on the crawl!
    I will have a bag with my buttons on them! Watch for the licking cat!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks to everyone who showed up and made it a big success! We also managed to leave $20 as a tip for the guys over in the Fish Fry, and raised $100 for Child's Play too! (Please note, it was donated in the name of Hufflepuff on the grounds that I am a deeply corrupt leader)

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's not Pike's

mrt144 on
  • Options
    StarDancinStarDancin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks to everyone who showed up and made it a big success! We also managed to leave $20 as a tip for the guys over in the Fish Fry, and raised $100 for Child's Play too! (Please note, it was donated in the name of Hufflepuff on the grounds that I am a deeply corrupt leader)

So glad to hear the guys got a tip over there, and that is awesome news about the $100 for Childs Play! The husband and I had a fabulous time, and really enjoyed everything!

StarDancin on
  • Options
    LordDHMDLordDHMD Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Meles, I owe you some moneys. I will seek you out at the con today or tomorrow for food money.

LordDHMD on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My friends and I just got back from PSFF.

My god that place is amazing. Totally worth the walk.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
This discussion has been closed.