As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPod Touch Apps

theclamtheclam Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm going to be on several plane flights over the next week, without a laptop. I've got an iPod Touch that I can use to entertain myself. The problem is, I don't have anything to do on it, besides listen to music. Do you guys know any time-killing apps?

The ideal answer would be something like Plants vs Zombies or Puzzle Quest (I already have those on PC, so I don't want to pay for them again), that I can spend a lot of time playing. I'd prefer something free, but if you've got something really good, I'd consider paying for it.

rez_guy.png
theclam on

• Options
    ihmmyihmmy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For silly puzzley games, I enjoy "flipstones" and "just fillin" (basic version is free, but the full is only like a buck (or was when I got it) and is so worth it)

ihmmy on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    you play poker? the free version of Governor of Poker is pretty fun for Texas Hold Em.

the Tap Tap Revenge series are really fun rhythm games, although you have to download a few songs in-game first. the latest version (i think) is 4. it's free to get, along with some songs. other songs and features you can pay for.

Alive-4-Ever: not free, but TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY. awesome little top-down zombie shooter.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Chaos Rings is an RPG by Square (actually I think the Wild Arms team did most of the work) that is excellent. Well worth the price, I've already logged like... 14 hours in it.

It seems like a pretty standard JRPG story the first time through, but subsequent playthroughs with other character pairs reveal a story that's a lot deeper than it seems.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    TavataarTavataar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know you asked for Apps, but I am going to also mentioned that downloading a few podcasts is a great way to kill time, since they can be a lot more entertaining than music (sometimes).

Tavataar on
    -Tavataar
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The ones on my ipod that i enjoyed the most are Meteor Blitz, geoDefense, NFS Shift, and Doodle Jump.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Civilization Revolution has an iPhone/iPod Touch version out and it's brilliant. It was free for the first day but is still only $7 now and fully worth the money. It'll easily keep you occupied for the entire trip, possibly with just a single game.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    Napalm DonkeyNapalm Donkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Doodle Jump! I could play for hours.

Napalm Donkey on
    4cgipuI.jpg
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd recommend you skim through this thread.

I also recommend you buy Solipskier because I'm addicted to it.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Space Miner: Space Ore Bust is an app that I really enjoy. I've logged hours and hours into this game

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke