As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

R.I.P. CM Punk's Diet Soda

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TLB you are probably the only person to like the Fingerpoke of Doom.

I could have gone to that Nitro live back in the day since it was held at the Georgia Dome. Instead I stayed at home and marked out when Foley won the title. Probably the best wrestling related decision I ever made.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I didn't really like the fingerpoke of doom

I thought it was kinda funny, but being wcw champion didn't really mean much at that point anyway

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Actually I'd argue the FPoD is what caused the WCW title to not be worth anything. I still can't believe Hogan and Nash (and Bischoff I guess) thought devaluing the World title was a good thing. Then again they got paid either way.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    david arquette

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, Shane Helms has been calling out HBK on twitter. Apparently, the whole thing started when Helms ripped into HBK on one of his Highway to Helms podcasts or w/e he does. Here are some of the things he's posting.
    "I wonder if I backstab a bunch of people and hurt careers & family's and slaughter animals for fun but then pray on stage, that make it ok? Just wondering? :-) But enough about that hypocrite, I'm home after a great but hard working tour and got to catch up on my DVR's."
    "I think I might go murder some animals for fun and hang their heads on my wall cuz that's what Jesus would do. Right @ShawnMichaels_ ?" Helms also called HBK fans "retards"

To his credit, HBK has been taking the higher road.
    "Jus got bak. Wow u guys r fired up! Sorry u have 2 deal w/it. Don't worry, I don't. Comes w/the territory. have zero desire 2 do the internet stuff other than corresponding w/u. U can make ur own decisions & I will respect them. May I now return to having fun w/ u all please. Life is 2 short 4 me 2 go thru High school again:-) "

I've taken 2 things from this little feud.

1. The Carolina boys have this inflated ego, where they think everyone cares about them. News flash: we stopped caring years ago.

2. HBK types twitter messages like a 14 year old girl.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Let's face it after the Hurricane gimmick ran it's course people stopped caring about Helms. Kinda funny how Mark Madden back in the dying days of WCW called him "HB2K". Is it any wonder some still consider Madden one of the worst wrestling announcers ever?

Also my computer isn't letting me watch NXT smoothly for some reason, keeps freezing. Oh well, I'll check it out on Hulu later.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mark Madden's articles on Wrestlezone are the only reason I visit that site. He does an amazing job of taking WWE and TNA to task for the stupid things they do.

Also, I can't fault any commentators for looking bad on WCW programming during the Bischoff/Russo era. Schiavone is an amazing announcer, but even he looked like shit from time to time.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OH NO SOMEONE HUNTS JESUS CHRIST

god, anti-hunting people really are just the soppiest vaginae around.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Actually I'd argue the FPoD is what caused the WCW title to not be worth anything. I still can't believe Hogan and Nash (and Bischoff I guess) thought devaluing the World title was a good thing. Then again they got paid either way.

gonna say it was the sting/hogan starrcade match

everything else was gravy

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I don't like hunting for sport but hunting for food I don't mind. Helms is still a tool though.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    alls I gotta say is

Get up off your feet

Put your hands together

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    david arquette

He did do bad things to it but Vince Russo is where I lost all hope.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    david arquette

He did do bad things to it but Vince Russo is where I lost all hope.

Good point, ANY hope of restoring credibility to the belt was dead and buried after that.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I don't like hunting for sport but hunting for food I don't mind. Helms is still a tool though.

Helms is just trying to stir up trouble and make himself still relevant.

I think it's hilarious tweets like a teenager hahaha.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    PolecatPolecat What does the polecat say? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nirya wrote: »
    Mark Madden's articles on Wrestlezone are the only reason I visit that site. He does an amazing job of taking WWE and TNA to task for the stupid things they do.

Mark Madden is a God... /bias I get to listen to him every day in pittsburgh

Polecat on
    sigpic-1.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Madden's articles suck. Every good point he makes is drowned in a lake of stupidity.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nirya wrote: »
    "Jus got bak. Wow u guys r fired up! Sorry u have 2 deal w/it. Don't worry, I don't. Comes w/the territory. have zero desire 2 do the internet stuff other than corresponding w/u. U can make ur own decisions & I will respect them. May I now return to having fun w/ u all please. Life is 2 short 4 me 2 go thru High school again:-) "

2. HBK types twitter messages like a 14 year old girl.

45/m/az, wnt cybr?

LTM on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    The CM stands for Cole Miner.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Madden's articles suck. Every good point he makes is drowned in a lake of stupidity.

I've heard madden called a lot of things... stupid isn't one of them

Polecat on
    sigpic-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I liked Hurricane until he got drunk and hit that girl.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And for the record, hunting for sport is pretty retarded.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Geek wrote: »

nope

Polecat on
    sigpic-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Polecat wrote: »

nope

yup

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    nah it is pretty fun

gonna hunt me an animal right now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    will you hunt the most dangerous game TLB?

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    someday

but first I think there is a buffalo left and that shit just ain't sittin' right

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    great white buffalo

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    there are lots of buffalo left. there's a buffalo ranch like 15 minutes from my house.

also hunting is both fun and, in the long run, delicious.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I liked Hurricane until he got drunk and hit that girl.

Buff Bagwell is not a girl!

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    there are lots of buffalo left. there's a buffalo ranch like 15 minutes from my house.

also hunting is both fun and, in the long run, delicious.

Reminds me of an awesome shirt a friend of mine owns:
    Meat is Murder

Tasty, Delicious Murder

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is your friend also a high school sophomore

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    crwth wrote: »
    is your friend also a high school sophomore

Actually he's a comic book/sword dealer in his 40s. Think the Simpsons Comic book guy except not a dick.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    also you are awful for thinking that shirt is awesome

and metz it looks like I gotta murder a lot of buffalo now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    seeing as how we were talking about Mark Madden and his Wrestlezone columns at the top of the page

here's his latest one, about Jeff Hardy and MVP being assholes (spoiled for long + NSFW language/discussions)
    The excuse-making and rationalizing when it comes to the erratic behavior displayed by Jeff Hardy backstage at Sunday's TNA PPV is LAUGHABLE.

“Jeff was tired.” “Jeff had a brutal travel schedule.” ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

Hardy has a drug problem, one verified by the authorities. Drug addicts behave erratically. That’s the fallout. It’s what they do.

It’s enabling, yeah, but that’s what wrestling does. It enables. It’s the island of misfit toys, a fringe counterculture, a business of outcasts. Hardy couldn’t last in a real job. But he’s made a comfortable living in wrestling, becoming idolized in the process. Heck, Hardy was a kids’ hero during his last WWE run.

It’s a shame those kids weren’t backstage Sunday night. They might have been scared straight. Hardy, too. Kind of like the David Hasselhoff burger video.

I am not suggesting TNA should let Hardy go, or get him help. Why bother? TNA should just get whatever use they can out of Hardy before he dies. Have a memorial PPV. Squeeze out extra bucks that way. Have Matt sing “Heaven Needed a Champion” drunk and off-key. Do the whole Von Erich thing.

Maybe Jeff will slip through the cracks and survive long-term. Keith Richards did. Maybe Jeff can.

But probably not. At any rate, who cares? His family and friends clearly don’t. TNA clearly doesn’t. The worst place Jeff Hardy could possibly be is on the road wrestling. But he is, and no one seems inclined to stop him. So, seriously, why should I care?

The fans don’t care. When Jeff dies, the marks will weep. His value to the business will be inflated many times over (good career move). Meltzer will do one of those great obits. (Meltzer is AWESOME when somebody croaks. I’m just sorry I’m not significant enough within the context of wrestling to deserve the full Meltzer obit treatment when I die. If I thought getting back in the biz would merit that, I’d wrestle independents.) There will be a 10-bell salute on Impact. WWE will act like he never existed.

Then, in a couple weeks…the fans will act like he never existed. If dozens of dead wrestlers won’t stop marks from watching, what’s one more?

The legit media is often criticized for treating dead wrestlers like pieces of meat. If the legit media does that, it’s only because the fans do that. Because the promoters do that. Because the wrestlers do that. Because the business does that. All these guys die, and it’s still like the wild West. Nothing changes.

Jeff is an a**hole. That’s what drug addicts are. That video criticizing C.M. Punk was PRECIOUS. Forget the make-believe world of fake wrestling. Does anyone doubt that Punk is a much better person (and better employee) than Jeff? Who would you rather know, Punk or Jeff? Who would you rather be friends with, Punk of Jeff? Who would be more likely to steal your money to buy crystal meth, Punk or Jeff?

Don’t make excuses for Jeff. Just trot him out there until he dies. That appears to be the decision TNA has made, and I don’t blame them. Me, I’m looking forward to Meltzer’s obit. Jeff’s a good worker – Meltzer loves that. He’s only 33 – youthful angst. Too much, too soon. This could be GOOD.

In death, Jeff Hardy will become a wrestling legend by way of Meltzer’s pen. For a bloated, drug-addled mess, that’s something to look forward to.

Who told MVP he was Eddy Guerrero? This schlep goes to prison for almost a decade, gets out, WWE gives him the break of a lifetime, but he wants more. He doesn’t deserve more. The Miz is mediocre, but MVP makes The Miz look like Pat O’Connor in his prime. MVP should be happy to have a job.

MVP says he would like to work internationally. You’re a convicted felon, dumbass. How many countries can you even gain admission to? Forget Japan.

Shows how far wrestling has fallen when anyone praises mid-card filler like this bum. MVP wouldn’t have gotten on TV during the ‘90s wrestling war. He’d have been doing squats for The Sarge at WCW’s Power Plant…unless he was in jail.

Maybe Samoa Joe can replace MVP in WWE’s mid-card. Umaga II. If my gimmick was based on being legit and Jeff Jarrett beat me by submission, I’d settle for anything as long as it was anywhere but TNA.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    that made me read the results of the tna ppv

I am not happy

also I can't believe they are seriously calling it the Twist of Hate

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    From Madden's column:
    The Miz is mediocre, but MVP makes The Miz look like Pat O’Connor in his prime.

Well he was making good points until that remark.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    that made me read the results of the tna ppv

I am not happy

also I can't believe they are seriously calling it the Twist of Hate

the worst part is there was actually something during the TNA PPV that made me actually not regret buying it for a second
    during the X Division title match, Cookie refused to get in the shark cage

Shark Boy came out and forced her in

then after the match ended Cookie celebrated with the belt

Shark Boy came out again and Shark Stunnered her

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    While it's pretty clear that Hardy does have a drug problem, was Angle's supposed drug problem back in 2006 overblown? I ask because it seemed that everyone was expecting him to crash and burn in TNA but he managed to have a great run. He never went to rehab right?

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Angle had a drug problem

but it only started after he broke his neck

Hardy is just addicted to pot, meth, and every drug and obviously doesn't want any help

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This may sound morbid and whatnot, but the way Hardy is going I expect him to OD sometime next year if he doesn't get jail time.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
This discussion has been closed.