As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] Lady Lux is Smilin' (giant ass patch has landed)

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you.

Urgots, Best day ever.
    Best_day_ever.jpgPenetratin armor that you don't have!

that would be the awesomest screenshot without those berserker greaves

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    that would be the awesomest screenshot without those berserker greaves

Wrong, they make it more awesome.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also another issue with elo hell: the smorgasborg of bad thinking.

As in, banning mordekaiser, thinking him/sion are tanks (then again sion being an AP nuker is clearly not what Riot had in mind for him) and so on.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mord isn't a tank? I mean, yeah, he doesn't have skills to initiate or whatever but most of the Mord I've gone up against are incredibly durable. If he's not a tank, what is he? I'm pretty new to this game so I am genuinely curious.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    I think tanks are defined by the ability to both take fire and draw it, whereas mord just takes tons of damage while doing quite a bit himself

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No true [strike]scots[/strike] tanksman

Slicer on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Clearly Sunfire Eve is the only tank

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mord just needs to be a bit more inventive in how he attracts the ire of the other team than some tanks, but you can use him as a tank.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Most Mords I see just smack someone for a bit then Ult + Ignite + D-bag Taunt in chat... Most Mords I see are asses.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have been completely mystified in the requests for Mordekaiser bans I've been seeing lately. It's like people don't understand target priority.

Also, it's always amusing having first pick and forcing the enemy to ban only one of Morg/Amumu knowing you can play both. =D (They banned Morg, I pressed R to win)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i hate those times where mord is like their only threat

and you gotta focus mord or else it turns into a 6v4 and you lose

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The best thing is being Yi and critting Morde for 600 and melting him in under four seconds

Eat shit!

I had a twitch try to gank me at red and I went trolololol ghostblade/highlander/wuju dead twitch

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yi is really fun

as is mundo

people give me more fun champs to play and own as

yi is soooo fun turning people into 2-4 red chunks

and double strikes? holy shit double strikes are fun
    trolololol ghostblade/highlander/wuju

this is literally the most fun ever

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Also another issue with elo hell: the smorgasborg of bad thinking.

As in, banning mordekaiser, thinking him/sion are tanks (then again sion being an AP nuker is clearly not what Riot had in mind for him) and so on.

In solo queue I'd be tempted to ban morde and teemo just so nobody on my team picked them.

I wouldn't, but I would be tempted.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The best thing is being Yi and critting Morde for 600 and melting him in under four seconds

Eat shit!

I had a twitch try to gank me at red and I went trolololol ghostblade/highlander/wuju dead twitch

I was there, I seen'd it.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    nealcm wrote: »

There are certain characters who counter Mord well enough. Cho'Gath's hilariously long silence means he can't keep his shield going and makes taking him down alot easier if you have to.

But seriously, even if Mord is fed, just kill the rest of his team around him and clean up later.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    the actual best is getting aced and all they have left is a low karthus, then you died so early in the fight that you respawn, and the karthus is recalling in a bush that you have a ward in and grand skyfalling in directly centered on him.

it was an instant kill.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mord isn't a tank? I mean, yeah, he doesn't have skills to initiate or whatever but most of the Mord I've gone up against are incredibly durable. If he's not a tank, what is he? I'm pretty new to this game so I am genuinely curious.

The only tank attribute mordekaiser has is his durability. Meaning he can get in the fray and start smacking people left and right and not die immediately. Otherwise yeah, he has nothing to initiate, no CC at all, and the only reason people would want to target him is for his damage, which honestly, isn't that great after a while.

Compare that with Amumu, I know he's a very powerful example but still. Very durable, has an awesome initiate in his Bandage Toss/Flash+Curse of the Sad Mummy, a stun and a snare, and you want him out of you because the simple act of him being near you is harmful because of his W. With Galio: durable too, initiate with Flash+Ult, a slow and an AoE taunt, and is a general ass because of his ultimate. Cho'Gath: can accumulate a fuckton of HP, with Rupture, knockup/slow and silence, and can nuke one of your squishies. And so on and so on.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, I guess what you are really saying isn't that Mord isn't a tank, but rather that Mord isn't a good tank, compared to some of the other choices.

And I feel that's a statement I can agree with.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

There are certain characters who counter Mord well enough. Cho'Gath's hilariously long silence means he can't keep his shield going and makes taking him down alot easier if you have to.

But seriously, even if Mord is fed, just kill the rest of his team around him and clean up later.

problem was they were usually able to burst down whoever got ult'd fast enough before we could do much, and even if we killed 2 of them they still had this ridiculously beefy and good autoattack damage ghost and a mordekaiser was doing respectable damage to the rest of us

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The only tank attribute mordekaiser has is his durability. Meaning he can get in the fray and start smacking people left and right and not die immediately. Otherwise yeah, he has nothing to initiate, no CC at all, and the only reason people would want to target him is for his damage, which honestly, isn't that great after a while.

Compare that with Amumu, I know he's a very powerful example but still. Very durable, has an awesome initiate in his Bandage Toss/Flash+Curse of the Sad Mummy, a stun and a snare, and you want him out of you because the simple act of him being near you is harmful because of his W. With Galio: durable too, initiate with Flash+Ult, a slow and an AoE taunt, and is a general ass because of his ultimate. Cho'Gath: can accumulate a fuckton of HP, with Rupture, knockup/slow and silence, and can nuke one of your squishies. And so on and so on.
    Cho has issues with his hilariously bad cooldowns, actually, which mean you have to devote gold on cdr to make him dangerous. I find him better served as an off-tank because of it, same way with Mord where you have to dump gold into damage items at some point in order to make yourself a real threat.

Compare w/ Shen, for example, who really doesn't need any damage item or non-tanking item to do his job (probably grabs a Sheen or something, but that's it).

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mord is twice the tank of any other tank because he's double trouble. Wonder Ghost Twin Powers ACTIVATE!

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does he still have the thing when he kills Karthus with his Ult it like... destroys the universe or something?

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

Cho has issues with his hilariously bad cooldowns, actually, which mean you have to devote gold on cdr to make him dangerous. I find him better served as an off-tank because of it, same way with Mord where you have to dump gold into damage items at some point in order to make yourself a real threat.

Compare w/ Shen, for example, who really doesn't need any damage item or non-tanking item to do his job (probably grabs a Sheen or something, but that's it).

I was mostly working on what makes a tank here, not what makes them good. Otherwise we're opening a gigantic can of worms.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does he still have the thing when he kills Karthus with his Ult it like... destroys the universe or something?

Not sure, but I think the ignite+ult bug is still in.

As in the bug that kills him instantly, shows that he killed himself, then gives him a badass glow to show all.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Not sure, but I think the ignite+ult bug is still in.

As in the bug that kills him instantly, shows that he killed himself, then gives him a badass glow to show all.

oh thats what that is? a friend of mine killed himself as karthus once

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, and just so everyone who hates it knows, this is how Double Up works:

There is some hidden smart targeting in it. There are 2 areas of effect: The wide area and the focused area. The wide area is 180 degrees behind the target from the direction that Miss Fortune is facing, and the focused area is about ~70 degrees inside of that. Ricochets will always hit the focused area before the wide area.

There is some RNG to it and it is by intention. The goal was trying to capture some of the essence of Gangplank without his extreme rng mechanics that can sometimes be unfun to play against.

Edit: Meaning that if you are within the ~70 degrees, you WILL get hit, but if you are in the ~180 degrees and there isn't a minion in front of you, you'll get hit too.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I said it some times ago, but Double Up would have been a lot more interesting if they had made it a skillshot. Would have been hell to code though.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I said it some times ago, but Double Up would have been a lot more interesting if they had made it a skillshot. Would have been hell to code though.

Make it like Malzahar's, you have two fat lines to position, the first would be the inital hit, the second would be where it bounces to.

Though it would have to do a chunk more damage.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sheen and lichbane affect the first hit of double up btw, which is why it's bizarre you so rarely see ap miss fortunes with them :/

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I, King Val, dub this thread five stars.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Two things I've learned today. Always learing things with this game.

Urgots Ult says "Fuck yo rocket jump Trist! GET OVER HERE!" She was mid-air too and I was all o_O and then :lol:

Nunu's Ult says "I did no damage, but I still killed you." This was just werid. Cause I killed him as he was doing his ult and Annie killed me or his ult did when I killed him or something.

Urgot, The best fat ugly slow crab-legged cyborg champ!

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Two things I've learned today. Always learing things with this game.

Urgots Ult says "Fuck yo rocket jump Trist! GET OVER HERE!" She was mid-air too and I was all o_O and then :lol:

Nunu's Ult says "I did no damage, but I still killed you." This was just werid. Cause I killed him as he was doing his ult and Annie killed me or his ult did when I killed him or something.

Urgot, The best fat ugly slow crab-legged cyborg champ!

the other day my friend as singed flung a tristana who was at the apex of her rocket jump and she went behind him like 3 times as far as fling would normally go

then later he flung someone else on their team just as tristana knocked him back and they went FLYING

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    What exactly is wrong with urgot? I hear he's really broken, but he seems kind of neat.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    he just

isn't awesome

peters out late game a lot

isn't effective

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong with urgot? I hear he's really broken, but he seems kind of neat.

He isn't a very effective character mid-->late game. He has a strong early game presence but he just sort of dies off as the game goes on.

Unless, of course, he does very well early game and it just carries over. A good Urgot can be scary early game, but that fear just doesn't last. I guess he just doesn't scale as well as other champions. Like, I hate the first 6 levels against him as Kennen, but after level 6, and even more so after 11, I just think Urgot is a joke.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    His major issue is that he scales poorly late game so unless you get fed your main purpose late game is to spam slows and swap an enemy so your team can (hopefully) get a kill from it.

I have seen him be fairly effective with a sword of the occult and manamune though, as he can do a decent job holding onto stacks and it definitely helps him later on, it's something I'll have to try next time I feel like playing him.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So picture this: We get a ranked going, and it goes something like us, who got Morgana (me), Pantheon and Taric on the same team.

Not a single person on the enemy team thought about getting Mercury Treads.

We obviously won.

edit: The thing about Urgot is, he's Tryndamere broken but in the opposite direction: FUCKAWESOME early game, but then, well, uh, you know, know what forget it let's go get burgers after the game.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So picture this: We get a ranked going, and it goes something like us, who got Morgana (me), Pantheon and Taric on the same team.

Not a single person on the enemy team thought about getting Mercury Treads.

We obviously won.

You don't know if they thought about it.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dizzen wrote: »
    eeSanG wrote: »
    I personally believe Veigar is a more enjoyable caster to play than Annie. Some would disagree.

I feel that the need to last hit with Baleful Strike really hurts his early game harassing ability, honestly. Between that and his shorter auto-attack range, it can be hard to get much done while laning when against either champions with longer range or melee champions with charges/leaps/ports.

I probably just suck with him, though.

you'd be surprised how much damage baleful strike does during laning. chasing a person without autoattacking while Qing them as much as possible can get some pretty awesome kills

it does suck that charges and leaps go over event horizon though

even a vlad blood pooling gets stunned by it!

What I meant was, while laning, just about every time I cast Baleful Strike on an enemy champion, I've painfully aware of the extra AP I didn't just get with that spell cast. And regardless of whether my target was a champion or minion, as soon as I use it, that's eight / six / whatever seconds (depending on how far into the game I am) where I can't really do much damage at all to the enemy champs. And his auto attack range just isn't long enough to harass with against many champions.

So against some lane opponents, all I can manage to do is try not to get zoned while relying on my stun and lane mate (assuming I have one, makes things a lot easier when I do) to discourage them from tower diving me to death.

Dizzen on