Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PC Platforming games?

Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
So my HTPC is FINALLY set up in a way that allows me to easily watch films and play games, without having to faff around and reboot. I've recently discovered I only like platform games, this may seem a bit weird but out of all the games I've played it's platform games I've enjoyed the most and actually finished (at least recently).

What platforming games are good for the pc? I've been enjoying Super Meat Boy and N+ on the 360, I've finished Trine (which I loved) on PC and also just polished off Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, which I enjoyed except for the combat being a little naff.

What other gems am I missing? Balls-hard 2d indie games are welcome, as are slightly more combat orientated games like PoP (though I've finished every game in the series...even PoP3d). Old games are good too, I liked Heart of Darkness, Flashback, Another World, that kind of thing.

In general, suggest me pc games (preferably that work well with the 360 pad) that involve jumping, leaping, hanging from ledges and climbing.

Oh and feel free to discuss platforming games.

Mr_Grinch on
Steam: Sir_Grinch
PSN: SirGrinchX
Xbox Live: SirGrinch X