As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Swan [chat]

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Props Will and folks. Last LoL game was loads of fun.

yeah that was great. i felt like we coordinated beautifully even though our team comp didn't seem like it was optimal. we really played well and counterpushed their cheap ganks pretty much every time.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    To me, that's a 2 sentence book. Here's my guide to pedophiles who don't want to break any laws:

"For the love of god do not touch any children and please stay physically as far away from them as possible. Also, do not communicate with the children."

Maybe I should get a copy and find out.

From what I was told, it was basically how to fuck childish 18 year olds or something.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Is it really a guide for pedophiles or is this the ground zero mosque all over again, where it was neither at ground zero nor a mosque.

From what I hear it's a guide for pedophiles who don't want to break any laws.

does it recommend japanimations as a release valve/ nerve resolver?

will, this is the best gimmick to keep beating into the ground

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

yeah that was great. i felt like we coordinated beautifully even though our team comp didn't seem like it was optimal. we really played well and counterpushed their cheap ganks pretty much every time.

I don't think they had all that much DPS to be honest. But then again, we initiated almost every teamfight by bumrushing Miss Fortune. That was like...60% of their DPS right there. Then Mundo would die, Udyr would flail around, and Morde would ult someone at 100% health. I can't even remember who their 5th was.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Feral seems to be too busy being awesome at LoL.

he and kakos both did well in that last inhouse

i just got frustrated with it; i guess i like to use vent to communicate strategically and when i can't it's just aggrivating.

also, i like playing with you guys and not as much against you. i guess part of it is just the dynamics of the game.

You seem to actually be trying to win in houses rather than have fun. Try to have fun first, then you'll have fun winning or losing.

yeah; i don't really remember getting frustrated with them before. i guess i've gotten more mindful of team strategy and roles and stuff, and it makes me kind of crazy when i want my team to be doing a thing and they aren't and i don't have time to type out what's up.

i dunno. maybe i am having a hard time getting into the proper spirit of them or something.

Just choose a character you have either never played before, suck with but enjoy playing, or are good with and want to try a joke build. Then do things that you wouldn't do in a serious game. Remember that custom games do not get reflected on your record. If someone is getting mad during an in house cause you're "feeding" or doing poorly, then that person really needs to consider why they play the game. It's supposed to be fun, and to me, an in house is all about just goofing off with friends.

Maybe I'm different, though.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    To me, that's a 2 sentence book. Here's my guide to pedophiles who don't want to break any laws:

"For the love of god do not touch any children and please stay physically as far away from them as possible. Also, do not communicate with the children."

From what I was told, it was basically how to fuck childish 18 year olds or something.

Well that's not hard to do.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is it really a guide for pedophiles or is this the ground zero mosque all over again, where it was neither at ground zero nor a mosque.

That's actually close to it. One part says masturbation is your friend and to use it to avoid becoming sexually involved with minors.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    damn pax is 5 years at the time of the patv pilot... so I guess 2011 is year 6. fucking crazy.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010

I don't think they had all that much DPS to be honest. But then again, we initiated almost every teamfight by bumrushing Miss Fortune. That was like...60% of their DPS right there. Then Mundo would die, Udyr would flail around, and Morde would ult someone at 100% health. I can't even remember who their 5th was.

it was an AP sion. he was stacking AP and probably could have spit out some damage with his shield explodey, but they were never really in a good formation for him to do so.

i feel like a lot of their problem was that they retreated really quickly from all their fights when they were engaged. like, they'd pile in on a 4-on-1 gank but if they faced any actual resistance, they'd all kind of run away and get picked off. i've been on teams like that and it is no fun at all

also they were brazilian and that did not do them any favors

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

does it recommend japanimations as a release valve/ nerve resolver?

will, this is the best gimmick to keep beating into the ground

you dance with him what brung ya is what i say

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    i am getting kind of depressed

Organichu on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

Hey guy, stop it. Do the other thing.

Do you need more Jewcar kisses?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

it was an AP sion. he was stacking AP and probably could have spit out some damage with his shield explodey, but they were never really in a good formation for him to do so.

i feel like a lot of their problem was that they retreated really quickly from all their fights when they were engaged. like, they'd pile in on a 4-on-1 gank but if they faced any actual resistance, they'd all kind of run away and get picked off. i've been on teams like that and it is no fun at all

also they were brazilian and that did not do them any favors

Oh that's why I couldn't remember him. I was stacking MR and had an FoN early, so he was just tickling me.

Actually, now that I think about it, did Sion ever use his stun? I don't think I was ever stunned personally but I don't think a Rammus would be the target so I have no clue if he was using it.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2010

take the piece of wood out of your mouth

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

do you have the SADs chu

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just had sex

And it felt so good

Rent on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Me and mori, gettin our drink on....

Jokerman on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sick. Tired. But! I finally got the silly people up here to approve me for at least antiandrogen stuff and I aced my exams. So stuff is going well.

Nice.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    one nice thing about being sick

all the chicken soup I can handle

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

:(

Why? What's up, broseph?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

do you have the SADs chu

iunno

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    I just had sex

And it felt so good

When you came, did you yell ARRRRTILEEEERY!?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    I just had sex

And it felt so good

with your penis?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

do you have the SADs chu

iunno
    don't be sad chu, it's almost christmas

you can get chinese with no wait

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IN A WORLD WHERE MORI IS DRUNK
    ONE MAN... IS DRUNK
    THIS DECEMBER

MORI IS... DRUNK

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    oh you

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh that's why I couldn't remember him. I was stacking MR and had an FoN early, so he was just tickling me.

Actually, now that I think about it, did Sion ever use his stun? I don't think I was ever stunned personally but I don't think a Rammus would be the target so I have no clue if he was using it.

when laning he stunned me a few times, but never at a very important time. he was not great but not terrible, at least during laning.

sig and i (as malph and morg) had a lane against mundo and sion with frequent visits from udir. it was theoretically a fairly painful lane but we held on pretty well. really, the other team was not all that great, but they were good enough that i still felt good about winning the game.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I know, it's so charming when I reduce myself to stereotypes of overconsumption and narcicism. I can't resist me either.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    this movie doesn't sound compelling

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The plot is a little ... dry.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I know, it's so charming when I reduce myself to stereotypes of overconsumption and narcicism. I can't resist me either.

don't forget the albinism and silly nose ring

also the desperation and insecurity

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Damn, Will.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »

If I remember correctly, DeShadowC has an aunt that wrote an article about it after reading it.

May not have been his aunt, but I do remember reading an article of someone that read it and what they thought of it. It was a pretty good write up of the book and put it into perspective. She did say that the writer seems to jump around with his true intentions with the book as well as what the book is really aiming to do.

Cousin. Here's our thread on it. OP has a link to my cousin's blog post.

Thanks, that was informative. The blog post was especially good. I'm torn just like Lori is. It's really similar to the reaction most people have to clean needle programs or basically anything else that tries to help people reduce damage as they break the rules, both legal and moral. Seems like the initial message of the book is good, it strongly discourages sexual relations with minors. But then it goes into detail about what does the least damage if you ignore that advice. Lots of detail. Detail that you sort of worry might calm the fears of a wouldbe pedophile and help remove the mental block on action :?

I don't know, I guess the easier thing to do is say that it passes the test of free speech since it does not advocate sex with minors. Allow it, then push it out of mind.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ONE MAN... IS DRUNK
    THIS DECEMBER

MORI IS... DRUNK

STARING MORI AS THE DRUNK
    JOKERMAN AS the winO
    AND WILL AS THE MOD WHO BANS THEM bOTH!

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Will has so many snarky opinions i hear he's in the running to replace joan rivers on the red carpet

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    ONE MAN... IS DRUNK
    THIS DECEMBER

MORI IS... DRUNK

JOKERMAN AS the winO

JOKERMAN, WE HAVE TO EARN 8 POINTS OF INFRACTIONS EACH

IN TWO DAYS

OR THE PRESIDENT WILL EXPLODE

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »

If I remember correctly, DeShadowC has an aunt that wrote an article about it after reading it.

May not have been his aunt, but I do remember reading an article of someone that read it and what they thought of it. It was a pretty good write up of the book and put it into perspective. She did say that the writer seems to jump around with his true intentions with the book as well as what the book is really aiming to do.

Cousin. Here's our thread on it. OP has a link to my cousin's blog post.

Thanks, that was informative. The blog post was especially good. I'm torn just like Lori is. It's really similar to the reaction most people have to clean needle programs or basically anything else that tries to help people reduce damage as they break the rules, both legal and moral. Seems like the overall message of the book is good, it strongly discourages sexual relations with minors and then goes into detail about what does the least damage. :?

I don't know, I guess the easier thing to do is say that it passes the test of free speech since it does not advocate sex with minors. Allow it, then push it out of mind.

You should have seen her facebook explode when she posted it. Her and I are the only democrats in the family, with everyone else being at least Republican and a majority of the family being tea-partyers.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Damn, Will.

i think you are awesome mori

more people should have your good humor, your perception and your character

you are a fine fellow

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    ONE MAN... IS DRUNK
    THIS DECEMBER

MORI IS... DRUNK

JOKERMAN AS the winO

JOKERMAN, WE HAVE TO EARN 8 POINTS OF INFRACTIONS EACH

IN TWO DAYS

OR THE PRESIDENT WILL EXPLODE

Is this the new Tom Clancy movie?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Will has so many snarky opinions i hear he's in the running to replace joan rivers on the red carpet

i am gonna shank that bitch perez hilton

right in his ridiculously fattened liver

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.