As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Parks & Recreation]: And so we come to the end of all things.

• Options
    FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    also I love Ben's wool blazer

Fartacus on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad to see that season 3 is picking right back off where season 2 left, comedy-wise. This is great.

This episode was hands down the best episode I have seen of this show.

And about Bradadonwitz or whatever his name was... I had to stop and think about who that even was. He was "we need a romantic potential character" he was nowhere near as good as either of the characters that replaced him.

useless4 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Brandanowitz was a Halpert where no Halpert was needed

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Brandanowitz was a Halpert where no Halpert was needed

yeah I'm glad he's gone

Fartacus on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't know why, but watching Ron Swanson run is pretty damn funny.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    it's his arms, they bend at a perfect 90 degree angle at the elbow

he runs like he's got hold of a milk bucket in each hand

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    STOP. POOPING.

Edit: Third to the pooping party

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You had me at meat tornado

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    STOP. POOPING.

Edit: Third to the pooping party

I keep cracking up over it. I have been laughing for like 10 minutes

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    You had me at meat tornado

"You have introduced me to a new meat delivery system."

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright, I finally saw this shit and I fucking loved it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ben crushing on Leslie seems weird. For some reason he looks a lot younger than her.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Agreed. I honestly would rather have Ben-Leslie relationship result in Ben having to confidence to run again for public office, and avoiding anything romantic.

Ann Perkins telling off April was gold.

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This show is great, but every time I see Adam Scott it's a reminder that Party Down isn't alive anymore and that makes me sad.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I miss Party Down too. :(

On the other hand, if it had continued, it probably wouldn't have been as good, since Adam Scott would have been gone except for a couple guest spots (due to his getting the role on Parks and Rec).

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited January 2011
    There'll be a Party Down mini-reunion when they have Ron Swanson's ex-wife (also the actor's real-life wife) back on the show

Opium on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I miss Party Down too. :(

On the other hand, if it had continued, it probably wouldn't have been as good, since Adam Scott would have been gone except for a couple guest spots (due to his getting the role on Parks and Rec).

Right. What I'm saying is Adam Scott should have kept doing that since it was amazing. But I understand Parks and Rec is a much better gig for his career. Probably pays more to boot.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm against age limits for being into Amy Poehler.

If that policy was Ben's campaign platform, I'd vote for him.

Also, I love Andy. He was just so pleased with his super-straw.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2011
    Amy Poehler is only two years older than Adam Scott

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Leslie and Ben works great.

When Leslie looks at his rise and fall at such a young age she sees only his achievements. She doesn't consider the whole failing part - When he looks at Leslie he sees someone who didn't stop the first time she failed and keeps going and going.

useless4 on
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Stop. Pooping.

Probably the greatest line in Rob Lowe's career. Had to rewind multiple times because I couldn't stop laughing.

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Someone needs to make an animated .gif out of stop. pooping.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just watched the 2nd episode of this season. It had some good parts and some bad parts. First, I think Rob Lowe's character is awful. I mean... it's just not funny. Him or his character, it's just not doing anything for me. The show got rid of Paul Schneider's Brendanawicz because he was slowly but surely killing the show, and I really hope they get rid of Lowe's character as well. Let him do his much more entertaining movie star character over on Californication this season, that actually looks funny. Ben isn't that great either, but he's a straight man role and at least he seems somewhat like a human being, unlike Lowe. I don't understand what they're doing with him, but I know I don't want it.

The other problem in this episode is the whole Leslie with a flu plot. I'm sorry, but this is retarded. I've had the flu, I'm sure all of us have had the flu in the past... and it didn't fucking make me hallucinate psychedelic imagery everything. That's just... that's stupid. It makes no sense and did not make me laugh. Getting the flu doesn't make you act crazy as a loon. I dunno what they were thinking, it was way over the top. Kinda felt like "Shia LaBouf's mom just ate a pot brownie in Transformers 2."

Ron Swanson and Andy were great as usual, really loved their male bonding scenes this episode. Five stars, bravo, A+, would watch again.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just watched the 2nd episode of this season. It had some good parts and some bad parts. First, I think Rob Lowe's character is awful. I mean... it's just not funny. Him or his character, it's just not doing anything for me. The show got rid of Paul Schneider's Brendanawicz because he was slowly but surely killing the show, and I really hope they get rid of Lowe's character as well. Let him do his much more entertaining movie star character over on Californication this season, that actually looks funny. Ben isn't that great either, but he's a straight man role and at least he seems somewhat like a human being, unlike Lowe. I don't understand what they're doing with him, but I know I don't want it.

The other problem in this episode is the whole Leslie with a flu plot. I'm sorry, but this is retarded. I've had the flu, I'm sure all of us have had the flu in the past... and it didn't fucking make me hallucinate psychedelic imagery everything. That's just... that's stupid. It makes no sense and did not make me laugh. Getting the flu doesn't make you act crazy as a loon. I dunno what they were thinking, it was way over the top. Kinda felt like "Shia LaBouf's mom just ate a pot brownie in Transformers 2."

Ron Swanson and Andy were great as usual, really loved their male bonding scenes this episode. Five stars, bravo, A+, would watch again.

I attributed it more to a combination of extreme dehydration and at least three times the recommended dose of hospital-strength medication.

But meh, if Amy Poehler requesting that Lady Pennyface return her lost tiara once found didn't make you laugh then your sense of humor differs drastically from mine.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The problem is, Leslie's kooky behavior started even before she stole the flu medication. I mean, remember how she had her jeans around her neck like a scarf? That was without any medication.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The problem is, Leslie's kooky behavior started even before she stole the flu medication. I mean, remember how she had her jeans around her neck like a scarf? That was without any medication.

The joke was that she had a super high fever and was hallucinating. I once thought the house next door was burning to the ground when I had a 104 fever. It happens. Was it exaggerated? Sure. But I thought it was great.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

The joke was that she had a super high fever and was hallucinating. I once thought the house next door was burning to the ground when I had a 104 fever. It happens. Was it exaggerated? Sure. But I thought it was great.

I've never had a hallucination because of a fever. Guess I've been missing out. *shrug*

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited January 2011

I've never had a hallucination because of a fever. Guess I've been missing out. *shrug*
    Maybe your entire life is a hallucination

[/directed by M. Night Shyamalan]

Opium on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Maybe you never had a fever that high. I remember my parents used to freak out if I hit 102. Also, when you had the fever, you probably spent your time relaxing, not preparing for a major fundraiser.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I guess. It's just that I find Leslie (and Ron too) funny when they say and do silly stuff because that's their character. Their actions are funny because they are an extension of their rather bizarre and somewhat loveable identities. That's what really connected me to the show. Having Leslie do and say nonsensical things for no real reason is not that funny to me. So no, I didn't laugh when Amy Poehler requested that Lady Pennyface return her lost tiara.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I guess. It's just that I find Leslie (and Ron too) funny when they say and do silly stuff because that's their character. Their actions are funny because they are an extension of their rather bizarre and somewhat loveable identities. That's what really connected me to the show. Having Leslie do and say nonsensical things for no real reason is not that funny to me. So no, I didn't laugh when Amy Poehler requested that Lady Pennyface return her lost tiara.
    Posthence!

Opium on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome Scott Bakula from Quantum Leap.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome Scott Bakula from Quantum Leap.

I about pissed myself when that line came up.

Also as a gift to the thread, google image search Parks and Recreation GIF.

You are welcome.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mustache-less Nick Offerman is on Conan right now (Eastern time). He sounds like Ron Swanson, but looks like some guy.

Junior Yank on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mustache-less Nick Offerman is on Conan right now (Eastern time). He sounds like Ron Swanson, but looks like some guy.

That was an...uh, interesting photo of him and Megan Mullally.

But then he talked about hating people who wore flip-flops because they would be unprepared to run from Commies in a Red Dawn situation and everything was all right.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pawnee; Welcome German Soldiers

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Best shoes

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

That was an...uh, interesting photo of him and Megan Mullally.

But then he talked about hating people who wore flip-flops because they would be unprepared to run from Commies in a Red Dawn situation and everything was all right.
    That's...actually kind of the reason I won't wear flip-flops. If shit goes down, I can't run away.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    NICE
    BAND

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ANDY!

Wash on